PDA

View Full Version : Daily Prayers - October

bluidkiti
09-30-2013, 08:58 AM
October 1

Prayer to Change to Better Serve God

Holy God, I believe that you will change people and many things, if asked and if it is your will. Change me Lord, if it is your will, for I would lead a better life. Touch me, I pray, great God whose touch transforms. Reach out your mighty hand to me, and to all who seek you in the name of your Son. Heal us, transform us, and make us whole; reach out your mighty hand to lift us up to serve you; touch me and all of us this very day, O Lord, that our own hands may bring your hope and healing to this broken world. Amen.

Prayer for Grace and Strength

Lord God, I pray that you will fill my heart with the blessing of your Holy Spirit. Grant me this day the strength to be temperate in all things, diligent in my duties, and patient under my afflictions. Direct me in all my ways. Give me grace to be just and upright in all my dealings; quiet and peaceable; full of compassion; and ready to do good to all people, according to my abilities and opportunities. For the sake of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

“A Prayer For Living Water”

Father, we know that drinking fresh water is essential to our health, and without it we battle bodily disease and struggle to survive. Drinking from the springs of living water is essential to our spirit as we battle sin diseases of pride, jealousy, rage, bitterness, lying and so many other carnal attitudes that can result in spiritual death. As we drink from the springs of living water we flush out those carnal diseases that would seek to destroy us. Scripture assures us that we will be fully alive in Your Spirit as we drink regularly from Your life giving streams of living water. Amen.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer...Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:12,15, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you for your gospel, the great, good tidings we may carry in our hearts to give us joy in this present time, even though on all sides people are in anguish and agony. We thank you that your gospel fills our hearts with compassion, enabling us to help carry what many have to suffer. Show us our need of you so that we can receive your help. If we must be the first to suffer all kinds of pain and distress, may we do so joyfully because we have been promised blessing in the midst of all the pain. May we continually honor your name, praising you for the good news of your kingdom, for the promise that everything must work together for good through Jesus Christ the Savior. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day and every day you give me. I have so much to do today I feel I can hardly breath. Please help me get through the day feeling as though I did something good.

bluidkiti
10-01-2013, 09:34 AM
October 2

Prayer of St. Ephraim the Syrian (350 A.D.)

O Lord and Master of my life, this day, give me not the spirit of laziness, despair, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of sobriety, humility, patience and love to Thy servant.

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own transgressions and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou unto ages of ages. Amen.

Thank You Lord

Sometimes I stop and wonder why you're still here; Or what is good about me, and why you even care.

You're always there with me to help me out each day; Even though I seldom listen to the words you have to say.

The things I always pray for, I know they will come true; My joy and peace you give me when each day is new.

You continue to forgive me for all that I have done; When nights are filled with sorrow, the day will bring the sun.

In days full of trouble, and friends won't say hi; I know you will be there with me to take me if I die.

For who am I to deserve the grace you have shown; Thank you Lord for keeping me, when life for me was cold. Amen. by Gary R. Ferris

Lord, support me all the day long of this troublous life, until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and my work is done. Then of Thy mercy, grant me a safe lodging, and a holy rest and a peace at last through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

My Father, I pray that when the "sun sets today my hope may not set with it." Be with me earlier than the dawn, that I may plan with thee a new day. I pray that thou wilt release me from anything that keeps me from reaching the highest. Amen.

We thank thee, Lord... For all the rich autumnal glories spread - The flaming pageant of the ripening woods, The fiery gorse, the heather-purpled hills, The rustling leaves that fly before the wind and lie below the hedgerows whispering; For meadows silver-white with hoary dew... We thank thee, Lord.

Light that Burns Away Sin

Hebrews 12:29 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Hebrews+12:29&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, who dwells in indescribable light,

Living God, consuming fire, burn the sin from my life. Purify my heart's desire in the smelter of your holiness.

I want to do your will, Father, so that whatever I do, in word or deed, it will be done in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I give thanks to you, God, my Father, always for everything.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Psalm 31:1–2, NIV

Lord our God, give us your Spirit, we beseech you, that we may find your paths on earth and live in the hope and certainty that everything is in your hands, even when we see much that is unjust and evil. May we remain under your protection, living by your commandments and in your Spirit. For your Spirit witnesses to the truth and longs to change and lift up our lives. Your Spirit longs to reach all men who have felt your touch, longs that they may come to you and have life. Amen.

Dear Father, my heart is full of sadness. Please grant me peace so I can fill my heart full of joy once more.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your faithfulness to me.Lord, I have failed You many times in my life; however, You have never failed me. I am grateful for Your love and mercy to me when I have fallen down. I appreciate all the times You have picked me up and helped me to keep on walking on the straight and narrow path of Your will. Lord, strengthen me to be a faithful witness for You. Help me not to put my confidence in men, but rather to lean on You and trust You to help me. I am thankful You have used many people over the years to help me, but I know it was You who gave me favor with them. Thank you. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Go Thou With Us
Gracious God,
Send us anywhere in this world You would have us go
Only go thou with us.
Place upons us any burden You desire
Only stand by us to sustain us.
Break any tie that binds us
Except the tie that binds us to thee.
Amen.

bluidkiti
10-02-2013, 09:51 AM
October 3

Prayer for the Morning

Oh God, who has created all things, seen and unseen, this day is your creation and I give thanks to live in it. I pray that I will not shut you out of the day you have made, blinded by the petty concerns of life, but that I may be always open to your presence.

I open my body to you and give thanks for your life that fills and warms every cell of it.

I open my eyes and ears to you and give thanks for the light of your Word, without which I would live in the shadow of ignorance.

I open my heart to you and give thanks for your love that fills me with compassion, understanding, and peace.

I open my soul to you and give thanks for your Spirit, who fills me with wisdom when I take a moment to listen.

All that I am, I open to you and I return to you, giving thanks every moment of my life for the blessings that fill this day. Through Christ I pray. Amen.

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

Creator God, we thank you for the creative skills of all human beings, made as we are in your image and likeness. Inspire us to use our skills for the benefit of all our brothers and sisters - working not in competition with others but as “fellow-travelers” who share the same journey. Amen.

All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:18–19, NIV

Lord our God, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. Bless us, we pray. Bless us especially in days when fear tries to take hold of us. Let your help come down to us as you have promised, the great help in Jesus Christ, who shall come to redeem the whole world. Bless us through your Word. Renew us again and again to stand firm and true to you, for you are our help for redemption and reconciliation through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, I am facing troubling times. Please give me the wisdom to do the right thing.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your wonderful promise of peace and comfort when I need it. You have lifted sorrow from me many times in my life. I am truly grateful, as I would not have been able to bear it without the strength and comfort of the Holy Spirit. May I be sensitive to those who are hurting, and reach out and bring that same comfort to them. I am thankful that we shall see all of our loved ones in Christ once again, when we all get to heaven. How wonderful it is to have the hope that is ours as Your children. Blessed be Your name! I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-03-2013, 10:26 AM
October 4

For God’s Holy Church

Father of mercy, your love embraces everyone, and through the Resurrection of your Son you call me and all the members of your church into your wonderful light. Dispel our darkness and make us a people with one heart and one voice, forever singing your praise, in Jesus, the Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen. From the Liturgy of Mark, 2d Century A.D.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace: where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love. For it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

No Fear in Christ

Hebrews 13:6-8 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Hebrews+13:6-8&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father,

Help me say with confidence: The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

I remember those who led me to Christ by speaking his word to me. Thank you for them. Bless them abundantly. Help me to imitate their faith.

And most of all, thank you for Jesus Christ, who forever remains true to me. Thank you, my God, that he is the same yesterday, today, and for ever.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please let today be calm and peaceful for my heart and soul can use the break.

Help us in our time of need

Oh, Lord! Help us to hold fast all together to Your path, even in the shaky times. Lord! You have promised to help us in our time of trouble and need. We rest upon Your word.

bluidkiti
10-04-2013, 11:05 AM
October 5

prayer for morning (e. e. cummings)

i thank God for most this
amazing
day; for the leaping greenly
spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;
and for everything
which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes
Amen.

Now all glory to you, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Father, I thank you for giving me more and more grace. Today and everyday I humble myself before you, and submit myself to you. In the name of Jesus, I resist the devil, and he will flee from me. Father, I come near to you, and you come near to me. I wash my hands, and purify my heart. I would not be double-minded, but humble myself before you, my Lord, and you will lift me up. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to accept life as a series of shocks - floods, tornadoes, sickness, death - interspersed with moments of shining joy, gentle love, quiet peace, indomitable hope. All this is the fabric of my life. Help me to cling to these moments, sustained by Your strength, secure in Your love. ... Let me remember that Your despair became victory, Your sorrow, joy. Let this be so in my life. Keep me on an even keel, Lord. I need You.

Thank You, Lord.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I would ask thee that my days be filled with aspiration, and that my heart may know no envy. Help me to love humanity. May I be so glad of the success of others that I may never know what it is to be envious. Amen.

“A Prayer For Those Dealing With Violent Death”

Father, You love us and work in our lives to accomplish Your eternally good purpose. We can have full confidence in You especially in times of suffering and senseless loss, but only as we learn to trust You. Like a master weaver, You weave the dark strands as well as the threads of gold and silver and intertwine them to accomplish Your eternally good purpose in our lives. Keep us steady, trusting, and looking to Your promise to work good in our lives in the midst of the bad that life throws our way. We’ll be better for it and can use that good to funnel Your love to others in similar pain. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

He says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth." Isaiah 49:6, NIV

Mighty God, we thank you for sending your light into all the world to reveal that you are the Father of all men, to show us that you are leading them to yourself, the good and the bad, those who are near to you and those who are far away. We thank you that through all this your name may be acknowledged and honored. We thank you that we may live from your hand and that all men may see your work on earth and be filled with praise. May the light which you have sent to earth in Jesus Christ shine brightly for us and penetrate our hearts so that we open ourselves to it with joy, and worship the Savior. Bless us and give us your Spirit; without your Spirit we can do nothing. May we receive help from you every day. Amen.

Father, We are most definitely in Your hands. Prepare us to accept Your will, which is ultimately for our good. Remind us that it may take some uncomfortable refining; nevertheless we have the power of the Holy Spirit to guide us through; the proven words of Your truth. May our faith in You be even greater as we pray.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wisdom that is found in Your Word. Lord, I desire to take heed to the things that You have written in the Bible. Give me the grace to speak righteous and good things and to avoid listening to those who would "bad mouth" others. Lord, help me not to be one who would yield to nagging nor belittling others. Lord, guide me in my choice of friends and let me be a faithful and loyal friend at all times. I give You my heart and mouth and may they both agree with Your Word and be pleasing to You. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-05-2013, 10:06 AM
October 6

For the Spirit of Prayer

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord. Let your Holy Spirit guide me in my prayer and in thought, and grant me the grace to listen and hear your Word. Soften my heart, that I may be directed by your truth, and not the devices of my body and mind. In the name of Christ I ask this, Amen.

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

For Forgiveness Among Fellow Christians

Teach me, O Lord, to act so that all my deeds will glorify your holy name and your wonderful creation. Take pity, O Lord, on all Christians. Hear the desires of all who cry out to you, and deliver them from evil. Send them comfort; consolation in sorrows, and your holy mercy.

O Lord, I especially pray for those who have in any way insulted, abused or aggrieved me. Do not punish them for the sake of me, a sinner; but pour your mercy upon them. I also pray to you for all those whom I, a sinner, have insulted or tempted in word, deed, or thought; whether knowingly or without realizing it. O Lord God, forgive us our sins and offenses and insults against each other. Dispel from our hearts all indignation, suspicion, anger, remembrance of evil, quarrels, and all that might hinder and lessen brotherly love. Replace resentment with forgiveness, I pray, in the name of Christ. Amen.

Blessing

May God the Father bless us; may Christ take care of us; the Holy Ghost enlighten us all the days of our life. The Lord be our defender and keeper of body and soul, both now and for ever, to the ages of ages. Amen.

by Æthelwold, Bishop of Winchester, 958 A.D.)

Father, with the help of the Holy Spirit and according to your Word, I prepare my mind for action with self-control; set my hope fully on the grace to be given me when Jesus Christ is revealed. As an obedient child, I will not conform to the evil desires I had when I lived in ignorance. You called me and you are holy, so I will be holy in all I do in the name of Jesus. Amen.

1 Peter 1:13-15

Lord of life, may I pause to remember that rest may not be obtained with wretched thoughts, nor can it be enjoyed in discontent. In my moments of rest wilt thou show me how to relax, and with tranquility may I gather hope for renewed ambition. Amen.

In my own part of the world, Lord, I pray today and commit myself to be loving and understanding in all that I do, and to be generous in giving of myself without expecting anything in return. I pray and commit myself to have an attitude of respect for each and every person, treating everyone as the equals that they are. All that I am determined to be, Lord, I ask for the power of your Spirit to enable me to be. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for all you do. As I face the day give me the wisom to know that I will never fail as long as I try. Give me the strength to keep trying.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit. Truly, Your spiritual water has quenched my thirsty soul. May I be like one who brings good news from a far land, as I testify and witness to those around me who do not know about the Living Water found in Christ. Lord, fill me daily with the Holy Spirit so that I may overflow with those living waters and minister life to others. Lord, speak to Your children who do not have this gift, and reveal to them their need to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I am one through whom sweet water can always flow forth. Lord, help me to guard my mouth and speak good things from Your Word. Deliver me from all compromise and give me the grace to always stand in integrity before men. Help Your people to be good witnesses in this world so that we do not bring any reproach on the Kingdom of God. Forgive us when we fall down and lift us back up and rebuild our walls, so that the enemy is defeated in our lives. I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-06-2013, 09:24 AM
October 7

Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

To Be Free of Anxiety

Lord Jesus, I have allowed myself to be filled with depression and negativity over what I see as my failures in life, where I have been disappointed in something I wanted from this world. I find myself hiding, full of anger and self-righteousness and self-pity, and have turned my eyes away from you.

Give me the hope I need and help me never to be afraid to begin again. You told your disciples to be anxious for nothing. I give to you my anxiety, Lord Christ, and lay my troubles upon your mighty back; and I pick up your burden, for you have promised that it is light, and that you are gentle and kind. Let me work for your glory and not my own, Lord Jesus, that the anxiety that comes from pride and vanity and fear of others might be gone from me, and I may serve you in joy and peace. Amen.

If you are with me, O God, who can be against me? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.

My Lord, I acknowledge that you are the Good Shepherd of my soul, and I am the sheep of your pasture. When I hear your voice, I come to you because you call my name and you lead me out. You walk ahead of me; and I follow you because I recognize your voice. I will not follow a stranger but will run from him, for I don’t recognize his voice. Thank you for giving me a willing and obedient heart. I pray in your name, Lord Jesus. Amen

John 10:3-5

Dear Father in heaven, help me to see that I must commit myself to a higher purpose than just gaining personal wealth and material possessions. ... If I concentrate solely on these, and neglect the spiritual, I will have no center, no higher commitment outside of myself! ... Help me to see that such a life is as if one would choose to set out to sea alone in a boat with no compass, no purpose, no port in mind. It might be enjoyable until a crisis arises, and panic sets in. ... Dear Lord, will it take a crisis before I learn that I am not all- sufficient? ... Help me to see that I do need You, and that I need to build a relationship with You before a crisis engulfs me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me – just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – and I lay down my life for the sheep. John 10:14–15, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that your voice reaches our hearts and that we can say with joy, "We belong to you. We too are yours." We want to lead lives that show we belong to you, never allowing ourselves to be sidetracked, never again giving way to pettiness, always drawing strength from the power of Jesus Christ. Protect our household. Watch over each of us. Protect us all on our way. O mighty God, be with us in the many dangers that surround us, and grant that we may always be joyful because our names are recorded in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the strength and wisdom to believe in myself.

bluidkiti
10-07-2013, 08:18 AM
October 8

Prayer to Live Christ's Word

Gracious God, Jesus is calling me to a new beginning; to a fresh call to discipleship. You are asking me to deny myself, take up my cross and follow you. It was at my baptism that you claimed me as your child.

Today, I affirm that I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. I surrender my will, my desires and my life to you, O God. I commit myself to your call to discipleship: to pray, study your Word, worship you, invite other people to a life of discipleship, encourage Christians in their life of faith, serve those in need, and give joyfully of the gifts that You first gave me.
This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Father, according to your Word I have been made the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit who helps me bring forth good fruit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Amen.

2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 5:22

This day, Father, may my eyes be opened to see the beauty in all that is ordinary - yet special - around me. May the glory of all that you have made remind me of your presence and lead me closer to you.

Heavenly Blessings

Ephesians 1:5-8 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+1:5-8&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, King of an eternal kingdom,

In love you destined us to be your sons through Jesus Christ, exactly as you wanted to do.

My heart overflows with thanksgiving and praise for this glorious graciousness which you bestowed on us in your beloved Son.

Thank you that in him and through his blood we are forgiven of every sin and released from our bondage to sin - all of this according to your unfailing love lavished on us!

In the name of Jesus and by his authority I pray. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Give me the wisdom to understand that not only should we not judge the people that we love, but we should not judge at all.

Dear Heavenly Father, I am glad that You are that High Tower that we can run into, when we need defense from the enemy of our souls. Lord, keep me from pride and deliver me from all that would offend You. I do appreciate being able to read the Bible and find strength and comfort within its pages. Lord, I acknowledge You as my God and my King. I rely on You, and You alone, and do not put my confidence in my own self, nor any other man. Thank You for protecting me from all of the attacks of the devil. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Morning Prayer
Author Unknown
Dear Lord,
So far I've done all right.
I haven't gossipped,
haven't lost my temper,
haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent.
I'm really glad about that.

But in a few minutes, God,
I'm going to get out of bed.
And from then on,
I'm going to need a lot more help.

bluidkiti
10-08-2013, 08:46 AM
October 9

Prayer for the Day

Holy God, you have given me another day. Bring your Holy Spirit into my mind and my life, so that I may walk this day in your presence. Let me feel your presence throughout the day, remembering always that you sent your Spirit that you might be a living force in all I see and all I do. When I feel temptation or begin to stray, show me your path. Correct me, comfort me, let me live your will; that I may be happy in this life and blessed in the life to come. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord. Amen.

Finally, may I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

My Father, may I have an appreciation of the wonderful creations of the earth. Give me a discriminating eye, that I may know the precious things that thou art growing; and throughout my life may I love the beautiful, and choose that which will make my life worthy of growth. Amen.

God our Father, may the vastness of your creation that we can begin to see through a telescope, remind us of the abundance of your love. May the lowliness of the smallest creatures and cells that we can see through a microscope, remind us of how insignificant - yet special - we appear to be. May our vision each day of the world around us remind us that you so loved the world that you sent Jesus, your Son, to be one of us. In all that we observe, open our eyes so that we may really see and grow in wonder and appreciation. Amen.

They were standing by the sea of glass, holding harps that God had given them and singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: "Lord God Almighty, how great and wonderful are your deeds! King of the nations, how right and true are your ways! Who will not stand in awe of you, Lord? Who will refuse to declare your greatness? You alone are holy. All the nations will come and worship you, because your just actions are seen by all." Revelation 15:2b–4, TEV

O Lord God, we thank you that in our times we may feel and see that you are at work. This is a joy and comfort to us and we take heart, although the misery on earth sometimes brings us to tears. We find joy again because you are at work. You are carrying out your will, which includes your plan for our life and salvation. Grant that fruits may appear in our times, for our times are in your hands. Grant that many people from all nations may come to you. May they turn to you in their need and know the happiness of receiving your help. May your name be honored, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Father, as I face this day give me the wisdom and courage to do the right thing, even when it is not easy.

bluidkiti
10-09-2013, 09:15 AM
October 10

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me. Amen.

Prayer for Renewal

Lord, I am one of your people, the sheep of your flock. I pray for you to heal those who are wounded; touch those who are in pain; clean those who are soiled; warm those who are cold; help me to know the Father's love through Jesus the shepherd, and through the Spirit.

Help me to lift up that love, and show it all over this land. Help me to build love on justice and justice on love. Help me to believe mightily, hope joyfully, and love divinely. Renew me that I may help renew the face of the earth. Amen.

May God Almighty send me his light and truth, to keep this day and all the days of my life. And may His mighty hand protect me, and all my brothers and sisters who have joined me in prayer this day, blessing our homes and our lives. Amen.

Father, I submit to the ministry of transformation by the Holy Spirit realizing that I am moving forward. I trust you to complete the work you have begun in me in the name of Jesus, and I will not worry about what others say about me. Whatever you have planned for me to do, may I do it all for your glory! Amen!

1 Corinthians 3:18 Philippians 1:6 1 Corinthians 10:31

My Father, I would pray that my sense of gloom may not be more than thy grace. May the glorious light of thy love break through my disheartened soul, and reveal the sincerity of thy promises, that I may be happy in thy care. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-10-2013, 10:48 AM
October 11

Prayer to Use Our Gifts Wisely

Lord, give me each day the wisdom to see which things are important, and which things are not. Show me how best to use the time and talents you have given me. Help me to use all my opportunities wisely, that I may share, through service to others, the good gifts I have received from you. Amen.

Prayer for True Thought

Heavenly Father, who has given us the gift of your law, so that we might know our sin, and your Son, that we might be forgiven where we fall short. Give me the grace to remember your holy Word, when my surroundings tempt me to confusion and weakness, that I might more nearly approach true obedience to your will. Help me to resist the arguments of the ungodly; let me not be deceived by false beauty; and so guide me, that the clever words of men will never replace the truth which you have put into my heart. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you"; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Father-God, I pray that I will live a life worthy of the calling I have received. I purpose to bless others, keeping your ways and doing what is right and just in Your sight. I pray that my offspring will be a blessing to all the nations of the earth.

Ephesians 4:1 Genesis 22:17–18

Heavenly Father, help me to see that before the night thou hadst planned the morning, and that thou hast never sent the night without the hope of the morning. Before I rest in the night may I be ready for the morning. Amen.

Lord our God, we pray that, no matter what happens to us, we may grow as people who are generous enough to hold no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-11-2013, 10:37 AM
October 12

Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, please give me the patience to make it through this busy day with all the hustle, demands and distractions of modern life. Let me find the quiet time to hear your voice and feel your calming presence. I ask this in your son's name. Amen.

And finally, grant me O Lord, I pray, the lamp of charity which never fails, that it may burn in me and shed its light on those around me, and that by its brightness I may share a vision of that holy City, where dwells the true and never-failing Light, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, thank you for feeding us with blessings from your own table and letting us drink from your rivers of delight.

We trust you to go before us and take care of everything we will need. Your generosity exceeds even ours, in the glory that pours from Jesus. Freely we have received; freely we will give to others in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 36:8 Philippians 4:19, THE MESSAGE

Spirit of life, I pray that thou wilt continually live within me. May my days be spent neither in waste nor idleness, but planned to use, with the best that is given me. Amen.

Forgive us the wrongs we have done, as we forgive the wrongs that others have done to us. Matthew 6:12, TEV

Lord our God, we thank you for the great light you send throughout the world to let us know that you forgive, that no sin is too great for you to forgive. Grant that men may cry out, "Have mercy on me, O God!" Give them the spirit of prayer in their hearts to call, "Father, forgive us our sins." Send your Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth and humility, and then forgive their sins. Wherever a soul is sighing, wherever someone is calling to you, hear him. May our prayers come before your throne. Hear and answer us. We have so much on our hearts that we cannot rightly express it all. We pray for others too. Father, forgive them. Clear away all the obstacles so that your judgment can be merciful toward those whom you forgive. Be with us. May we be a church community of Jesus Christ, washed in his blood, with strength to face every bitter outburst of the world's fury and still forgive. May our prayer remain, "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us." Amen.

bluidkiti
10-12-2013, 11:16 AM
October 13

Lord Jesus, I trusted you to save me, and now I will trust you when problems arise, remembering that I am in vital union with you. My decisions shall be based on whatever seems best, for you will guide me. In your unfailing love you will lead me because you have redeemed me. Thank you for your faithfulness. Amen.

Colossians 2:6 1 Samuel 10:7 Exodus 15:13

Dead in Sins

Ephesians 2:1-3 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+2:1-3&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, King of the Ages,

Thank you for the new life you have infused into my being. I once was dead because of the misdeeds and sins in which I walked, following the course of this world, following the commander-in-chief of evil, the spirit that now energizes all who disobey.

Among these lost people - and as a lost person - I once lived in the passions of my flesh. I followed the desires of my body and the passing whims of my mind. I was by nature a doer of evil doomed to destruction, like the rest of mankind.

But you were rich in mercy! Because of your great love with which you loved me - even when I was dead through my misdeeds - you made me alive together with Christ! It is by your undeserved kindness that I am saved!

In the name of Jesus and by his authority I boldly ask you to make of us the completely holy people that you intend as your inheritance. Amen.

And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So through God you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son then an heir. Galatians 4:6–7, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, we come before you as your children, longing to be assured through your Spirit that we are and may remain your children. We long to live to the glory of your name under the shelter and guidance of the Lord Jesus in expectation of the great day which shall fulfill all promises made to us men. Strengthen us, especially in dark and troubled days. Help us when danger threatens and when evil tries to make headway among us. Deliver us from all evil, for yours is the kingdom, the power, and the glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your words of wisdom in the Bible. I do want to adhere to them and avoid doing foolish things. Forgive me for the foolish things I have done in the past. Give me discernment to recognize the voice of fools, so that I am not taken in by their deceptive talk. I want to hear the truth, even if it is painful, because the truth of God's Word is what sets us free. Give me ears to hear what the Spirit of God is saying, and then give me the grace to obey His Words. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-13-2013, 10:17 AM
October 14

“A Little Prayer”

Let us be thankful, Lord, for little things
The song of birds, the rapture of the rose;
Cloud-dappled skies, the laugh of limpid springs,
Drowned sunbeams and the perfume April blows;
Bronze wheat a-shimmer, purple shade of trees -
Let us be thankful, Lord of Life, for these!

Let us be grateful, God, for health serene,
The hope to do a kindly deed each day;
The faith of fellowship, a conscience clean,
The will to worship and the gift to pray;
For all of worth in us, of You a part,
Let us be grateful, God, with humble heart.
Amen.

by Robert William Service (1930)

Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples. Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love, and that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation; Teach me to be Your faithful disciple and animate me in every way with Your Spirit. Amen.

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, my determination is to be my utmost for Your Highest. In the name of Jesus I absolutely and irrevocably surrender my will, binding my will to your will for my life. I determine to be absolutely and entirely for You and for You alone. My eager desire and hope is that I may never feel ashamed, but that now as ever I may do honor to You in my own person by fearless courage. This is my prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Philippians 1:20

My Father, I pray that I may not be dismayed over life, and its trifles. Help me to master difficulties great and small, and give me patience through all until I reach the untroubled way. Amen.

There are likely to be some sudden and abrupt changes in my life, but there will be many more changes that are slow in taking place. When I face difficulties and crisis, I ask you, Lord, to help me to be wise and balanced in my decisions, strong in my friendships, and faithful to you, and so be more able to live at peace within. Amen.

I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants – but let them not turn to folly. Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land. Psalm 85:8–9, NIV

Lord our God, you are help, comfort, and life to us in everything we have to endure. We gather before you as poor, weak people, but you can make us rich and give us new life so that our lives prove we hold to your will and to the justice you bring on earth. May we be one in spirit through all we experience in our hearts, to the glory of your name. May the praise and thanks of many people ring out into all the world because you are help and deliverance from all evil. Amen.

Father, we thank You again for this day and another chance to express our love, praise and thankfulness for Your never-ending mercy and blessings. Thank You for our daily bread and shelter. Strengthen believers with Your Holy Spirit, touching each heart with the assurance of Your love and presence because we need it. In every controversial situation we face please reveal Your presence stirring the desire in people to desire You. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-14-2013, 09:37 AM
October 15

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you. Amen.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to generation in the church and in the world, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.

Father, you have called me and separated me unto the Gospel. I utterly abandon my dreams and plans to Your Will. In the name of Jesus, I bind my will, plans and purposes to Your will, plans and purposes for my life as I wait for your Guidance, I listen for your Voice. When I lose my life, then I shall find it. Amen.

Romans 1:1 Matthew 10:39

“A Prayer For Today’s Blessing”

Father, often the days converge into another and before we know it another year has passed. Help us to be keenly aware of each new day and the opportunity it holds for us to build character and be engaged in our Father’s business. We want to daily turn to Your holy Word for wisdom so that we will present to You a heart full of godly wisdom and a life fully surrendered to You. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.

Dear Lord, sometimes I just want to give up. I feel that no matter what I do it is not good enough. Please give me the wisdom to know that it is okay to feel these things but remind me that giving up will never get me to where I need to be.

bluidkiti
10-15-2013, 09:44 AM
October 16

Prayer for the Morning

The night has passed, the sun shines its light upon us, and the day lies open before me. As I rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of your presence fill me with love for you and my fellow man, holy God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Abide with me, I pray, now and forever. Amen.

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.

Father, I desire to be completely abandoned unto You. It’s so wonderous to be captivated in your bonds of love, yet completely free from sin’s entanglements, free from doubt and fear, free from worry and grief. You are my God, and I will praise you in the name of Jesus. Amen.

John 8:36 Psalm 19:13 Galatians 5:1

Lord God, thou knowest what I am and where I belong. Have mercy upon me and strengthen me, that I may not through weakness stay in the darkness. Lead me out into the light; and may I find my way and be contented with it. Amen.

Lord God, may all that we see and discover lead us to grow in wonder and appreciation. Amen.

I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way – with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge. 1 Corinthians 1:4–5, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that you are so near to us that we may feel and know we are your children, your children who are in your hands with all that belongs to our earthly life, all our needs and temptations, all our efforts and pain. We come together to thank you, and our thanksgiving wins a victory over everything that makes life difficult for us. In this thanksgiving the harshness, crookedness, and injustice on earth cannot harm us. Protect us with your light, which gives us wisdom for all situations and which lifts us above everything that is base and meaningless and must pass away. Amen.

Dear Father, please remind me that I am never too old to set a goal or to chase a dream.

bluidkiti
10-16-2013, 11:12 AM
October 17

Prayer of St. Patrick

Lord, be with me and all who love you, this day:
Within us to purify us;
Above us to draw us up;
Beneath us to sustain us;
Before us to lead us;
Behind us to restrain us;
Around us to protect us.
In Christ's name we pray,

Amen.

by Saint Patrick (389-461 A.D.)

All to Jesus I surrender. Not my will but yours be done in my life. Father, you have given us the power to change, and I ask you, Holy Spirit, to expose any fear or doubts that try to linger. May I ever be well-balanced. I loose all ungodly, unwholesome mind-sets and renew my mind to the mind of Christ. Your perfect love cast out all fear when I am totally abandoned to you. You are effectually helping me work out my salvation. In the name of Jesus, I thank you for loving me. Amen.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 1 Peter 5:8 1 John 4:18

Dear Lord, help me to remember that even in the depths of my despair, You are there. Help me to remember to rejoice and praise You even then, believing that there is a purpose in everything that happens. Give me the strength to turn my life over completely to You and to mean it, not dictating answers to my prayers, but being willing to listen and to sincerely put You in charge of my life. Give me courage to speak honestly in love, not shying away from reality, or lacking the courage to face the painful. Help me to know that You are my only real security and that You will not fail me. Guide me in the paths that I should walk, both for Your sake and for mine.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

Loving Father, help me to pass by my discouragements of yesterday and look into the hope of to-day. Make me more careful of my strength, and less forgetful of thy promises and of my trust. Amen.

In times of difficulty, Lord, we appreciate the support and encouragement of others. In better times we feel stronger and more secure. Remind us then to co-operate with other people and look out for the needs of others, being ready to offer a smile, a word, and other support and encouragement. Amen.

Dear Father, please let what I do make a difference in the world.

bluidkiti
10-17-2013, 09:49 AM
October 18

For the Needy

Dear Lord above, never let me forget about those who are hurting from guilt, shame and other afflictions I may not know about. Show me that I need to remember those who are: sick, imprisoned, lonely, confused, in need of a friend, dying, hungry, spiritually lost in their lives — wandering aimlessly through life. Teach me to comfort my brothers and sisters in their hours of need, wherever they may be. Guide me to look deeply into their hearts and understand.

Teach me to reach out my hands and help them up and feed their souls and hearts with your word, O Lord. Let me never forsake one of my hurting brothers or sisters along life's way. Grant me the strength to carry forth your will and your way in bringing all to you, dear Father. I pray this needful prayer through your blessed Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. Amen.

Father, it is no longer I that lives, but Christ Lives in me. I rely on Your ability, and choose to specialize in the impossible. You are guiding me and filling me with courage. I let go of yesterday, I let go of regret, I relinquish all resentments and I give you my pain. I relish in this present quiet moment — I wait upon You acknowledging that You are God. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Galatians 2:20 Philippians 3:13

Dear Lord Jesus, You have said, "Blessed are the meek," but how meek, Lord? Sometimes I feel that I am being "used," taken advantage of -- do You know what I mean, Lord? ... Help me to stop and ask myself, "Am I doing this for John Doe or for You?" If the task will further Your mission, then let me be "meek." Let me forget John Doe and remember only that I said I wanted to serve You.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37–39, NIV

Lord our God, through your Spirit help us to live in love to you. Open our eyes to see your goodness and truth surrounding us your children, even in this troubled world. We look to you, Almighty Father. Protect us in these difficult times. We plead for our country, entrusting it to your care so that love to you may be awakened. Where shall we turn except to you? Where shall we find help except in Jesus Christ, whom you have sent to us to win the victory, to subdue and end all evil in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, and to become Lord, to the glory of your name? Amen.

bluidkiti
10-18-2013, 09:48 AM
October 19

Prayer of Thanks for This Life

O God in heaven, I was born a weak, defenseless child, but your angel spread his wings over my cradle to defend me. From birth until now your love has illumined my path and has wondrously guided me towards the light of eternity; from birth until now the generous gifts of your providence have been marvelously showered upon me. I give you thanks for every step of my life's journey, together with all who have come to know you, who call upon your name. All glory be to you, O God, from age to age, Amen.

Dear Lord, there are days when I am busy with living, snatching little time to praise You and to count my blessings, as I am caught up in my world. ... Help me even then to pause and realize that this same day may be dark and tragic for someone else. Let me stop and pray that I may be an instrument of Your healing, always mindful of my brother's needs.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Heavenly Father, thou hast made sympathy divine. May I never make it commonplace. Grant that as thou dost bless and comfort me I may be willing to comfort others, and do whatsoever thou wouldst have me do. Amen.

Wisdom Made Known

Ephesians 3:9-12 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+3:9-12&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, who gives wisdom so generously,

How thankful I am that the congregation of your people has become the channel through which your multi-faceted and many-splendored wisdom will be made known to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places. It thrills me to know that it was your purpose eternally to realize this in Christ Jesus my Lord.

Thank you that through him we have confident and bold access to you.

Help me, help all of your people, not to lose heart over what we suffer and what our leaders suffer for us. Help us to see this as our glory!

In the name of Jesus I give you thanks and make these requests. Amen.

“A Prayer For Resisting The Devil”

Father, as we live in the Light of Your Word the devil’s venomous plots are exposed. We are not caught by surprise but rather we are filled with Your Spirit which prepares us to be on the offense rather than defense. We walk in truth and confidence as we stand strong on the day of evil. As we wear the full armor You have provided for our protection we can fight against the devil’s evil tricks. Our fight is not against flesh and blood but against the powers of this world’s darkness and the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world. So we pray in the spirit continuously asking for Your help, strength, and guidance. We also pray for our brothers and sisters that together we will stand firm against the enemy of our souls. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-19-2013, 08:18 AM
October 20

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, who makes us glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ; Give me this day such blessings through my worship of you, that the days to come may be spent in your service; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to see the "nowness" of my Christian faith. The past is past, and put aside, and the future is in Your hands, Lord, but the "now" is up to me. This is where I either reflect You or not, in how I live today. ... Fill me with Your Spirit, and enable me to be more than I am, so that I may seize this precious time that will not come again, and live today to Your glory.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Dear Father, please help me as I go out in this day. Help me realize that the power to help others rests with me.

Dear Lord, I come to you this morning to just to say thank You. I may not have everything I want but you are faithful to provide everything I need, I may not be where I want to be but You loved me to much to leave me where I used to be. Thank You for being a faithful God, A loving God, and A forgiving God. And although I deserve absolutely nothing, You give me everything. I pray for all my family and friends to have a wonderful day! AMEN

bluidkiti
10-20-2013, 10:22 AM
October 21

Lord, I humbly come to you

To thank you in every circumstance
- For your grace
- For your Love

I pray that your wisdom helps guide my mind, my mouth and my hands during this week for your honor.

I know that if I work for you first - my efforts will not be in vain and will benefit those I love.

Please give me peace of mind, joy in my heart and love for
- my family,
- my friends,
- my neighbors
and my foes

In your name Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord God, help me to realize that the "good news" is that You are discoverable, that You are all that Jesus Christ declared You to be. Through Christ I can glimpse the very heart of You, and know that You are a God of love, hope and strength; through Him, I know that I can trust You with my world, and my life. ... Help me in turn to be trustworthy, to let You know in countless ways each day that You can rely on me. For this I thank You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Eternal God, may I know the value of the gift of life. May I think seriously of it, and not through abuse or neglect cripple it, remembering that it is mine to sow, to grow, and to reap. I pray that I may care more for the food and raiment of my soul than I care for the food and raiment of my body. Amen.

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father: you have brought me in safety to this new day. Preserve me with your mighty power that I might not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity, and in all I do, direct me to the fulfilling of your purpose, through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen. The Book of Common Prayer

Rooted and Grounded

Ephesians 3:14-19 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+3:14-19&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, transcendent in power and fullness,

I bow my knees before you, Father, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named.

According to the riches of your glory strengthen me with your might in my innermost being, that Christ may dwell in my heart through the trust I have in him.

Root me and ground me in love so that I may have the power to comprehend - along with all your holy people - what is the breadth and length and height and depth of your goodness.

In the name of Jesus Christ I honor you and ask these blessings from your hand. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you so much for another day of life on Earth. Thank you for another beautiful sunrise to enjoy. Thank you for the wonderful sounds of nature, from the cool breeze brushing through the trees to the birds singing melodies. You are a wonderful God, full of grace and mercy. I praise you for allowing me another day to spend with my family. I love you Father! Amen.

Dear Lord, I pray that you would give me strength to be strong for You in the world today. Lord, you know the struggles that I will face today. Be with me as I go through them. Carry me if I am too weak to move. If I stumble in them, forgive me Father. When I succeed in them, I will praise You! You are worthy of all praise and honor. Amen.

Dear Glorious Father, I pray that I will stay focused on you today. I pray that You will constantly remind me to be content in all of my circumstances. I pray that You will fill me up that I may be joyful all day, even if stress creeps in. I know that through my contentment, You will be glorified. I want to honor You, Father, in all that I do. I praise Your Holy Name! Amen

Dear Father, thank you for today. Give me the strength to do what must be done today.

bluidkiti
10-21-2013, 10:13 AM
October 22

May the God who made me, the God who keeps me, and the God who will be my Lord through all eternity, shine down His blessings and wisdom upon me like the sun upon a field; and may I keep Him in the forefront of my every thought and deed, throughout this day, and evermore. Amen.

Favor

LORD, I give thanks to You for You are good! Your mercy endures forever. Who can express Your mighty acts? Who can declare all Your praise? Remember me, O LORD, with the favor You have toward Your people. Visit me with Your salvation in the name of Your Son, Jesus. I love You, my Lord, my Redeemer. Amen.

Psalm 106:1-4

Dear Heavenly Father, let me try each day to serve You a little better, to love others a little more, and the make the world a little better because I am living now. ... At the close of each day, let me realize that where I have failed, or decided unwisely, or lost ground, even these departures were necessary for my spiritual growth. Let me accept myself as I am, as You have accepted me; let me ask Your forgiveness so that I can start anew tomorrow and do better. ... Thank You, Lord, that Your grace makes my living worthwhile, and my short-comings bearable.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

Heavenly Father, help us not to be anxious about anything in life, but in everything, by prayer and with thanksgivings, let us come unto you and find the peace that passes all understanding. Help us not to be anxious or worried about what life has to offer us each day. Enable us to pray instead, to pray with thanksgiving, for we know that you hear our prayer, answer our prayers, and provide what we need for that day. Enable us to praise you and worship you in prayer no matter what we have to face today. Teach us to bring every concern before you and leave it there. Keep us from doubting and having "What If" thoughts. Fill us with your peace and guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus our Lord so that we live free in him to serve you. This we ask and pray in Jesus' name, Amen!

Love Surpasses Knowledge

Ephesians 3:20-21 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+3:20-21&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, transcendent in knowledge and wisdom,

Grant that I may know the love of Christ, a love which surpasses knowledge, that I may be filled with the fullness which is yours.

Now to you, my God, who by the power at work within your people are able to do far more abundantly than all I can ask or even imagine - to you be glory in the congregation of your holy people and in Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever. Amen.

In the name of Jesus Christ I honor you and ask these blessings from your hand. Amen.

Lord, teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain wisdom of heart . . . Psalm 90

Help us do today the things that matter, not to waste the time we have. Yes, the moments we have are precious, Lord, see that we count them dear. Teach us to number our days aright. Fill us this day with your kindness, that we may be glad and rejoice all the days of our life.

“A Prayer For Encouragers”

Father, we’re reminded of the important role people like Barnabas play in our lives. They give us the benefit of the doubt; they reach out to us when others turn away from us; they see our need even when we don’t verbally express it; they steer us in the right direction when we’ve taken a wrong turn; they model for us the reflection of Christ. I thank You, Father, for Your Spirit manifested through these encouragers who physically, emotionally, and spiritually bless my life by their encouraging words and actions toward me. Prompt me often to spread the same kind of encouragement to those whom I have opportunity to bless. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul? Deuteronomy 10:12, NIV

Lord our God, our Father in heaven, be with us as we are gathered here. Through your Spirit let our hearts grow in understanding of how we can serve you rightly and live as you want us to live. Help us hold fast to all that is good. Free us more and more from everything that hinders us, from all that is evil. Show your loving-kindness to us and to our loved ones, wherever they may be. Hear every human heart that sighs to you, pleading that what is of heaven may overcome what is of earth. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-22-2013, 10:13 AM
October 23

For Joy in God's Creation

O Heavenly Father, who has filled the world with beauty; Open my eyes to behold your gracious hand in all your works; that rejoicing in your whole creation, I may learn to serve you with gladness, faithfully managing your bounty; for the sake of him by whom all things were made, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.

Holy God, I pray to be filled with your Holy Spirit for the rest of this day. Let me go forth, walking with your Spirit in my heart, that I may be filled with the joy and energy and praise for your entire creation, thankful in the many gifts you have given me, and showing forth your light in my every word and deed. This I pray in Christ's name, Amen.

Redeemed

O, my LORD, I give You thanks for You are good! Your mercy endures forever. I am redeemed from the power of darkness and I say so. I cried to You in my trouble, and You delivered me out of my distresses. I thank You for Your goodness, and for Your wonderful works to my children. You satisfiy my longing soul, and fill my hungry soul with goodness. You are my God and I will praise You in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 107:1-9

Dear Lord, ... why? Just when I thought I was making some progress in becoming a better Christian, why do I find a house painter who never keeps an appointment on time, who also gets half-way through a job and then loses the code number of his paint? Lord, why is it that I find Your strength and assistance to weather the really serious crises in my life and then dissolve into hysterics over the disarray caused by my three-week's dealings with one elusive painter? ... Could it be, Lord, that there is something I have yet to learn, such as humility, patience, and forgiveness? Could it be that now I can better comprehend the profound way in which You exercised patience at the time of Your crucifixion? ... Even though my problems are small, perhaps I too need to learn to pray, "Father forgive him, even though he seems not to know what he is doing." Thank You for listening, Lord.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord, lead me not to be hasty in jumping to conclusions about people. Influence me not to stereo-type individuals or make sweeping generalizations. Free me from prejudices which leave no-one free. Help me to appreciate that there are other ways of looking at things, realizing that others can have as equally valid a view as mine. Inspire me to grow in the ability to understand others and think as generously of them as I would like them to think of me. Amen.

Worthy of the Calling

Ephesians 4:1-4 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+4:1-4&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father,

You have called me to your kingdom and glory! Help me to live a life worthy of the calling I have received from you.

Help me live the same life style that King Jesus lived. Let me live with humility and submission, with patience.

Help me to forbear others out of love for them.

Help me to be eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit.

Help me to be bound to my brothers and sisters in peace.

By Jesus' authority and in his name I boldly come to you, asking all this. Amen.

Lord, as a new day dawns, send the radiance of your light to shine in our hearts. Make us true to your teaching; keep us free from error and sin.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Today I may face obstacles I am not sure I can overcome. Please guide me as I go and give me wisdom to do the right thing.

bluidkiti
10-23-2013, 09:33 AM
October 24

Praise and Thanks this Morning

Hallelujah! The sun has risen again and it is morning! And I have awoken into it, alive, breathing, thinking, knowing that the Son will rise again and I will be saved. What did I do to deserve this day? It is a gift from you. Glory and praise to you, my God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for filling me with life to live another day, for it is you who made me and not me myself.

I resolve to spend this day in the presence of the Holy Spirit, filled with his joy and energy, that I might accomplish your will, my God, and do what I can to deserve the joys of the day, for I know my time here is short. Be with me, oh Holy Spirit, to fill me with the energy and positivity and comfort that only you can bring. In Christ's name I pray that thy will be done, Amen.

For Faithfulness in the Use of this World's Goods

Almighty God, whose loving hand has given me all that I possess; Grant me grace that I may honor you with my substance, and remembering the account which I must one day give, may be a faithful steward of your bounty; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

To Treat Others with Love and Understanding

Heavenly Lord, you have commanded us to love one another, but sometimes even when I am pleasant to another person it is not sincere. Help me, I pray, to be sincere in choosing good over evil. Let my love and concern for others not be a sham. When I work for you, fill me with your Holy Spirit, that I might be committed and enthusiastic in your service. Let me live in your presence, and not get so wrapped up in my life that I forget about you.

And may I be patient when difficulties arise and not give way to frustration and anger, knowing always that the result belongs to you. Let me not take offense at others, let me not be thin-skinned, but shielded by the power of your Spirit, let me shrug off insults, whether real, or unintentional, or perceived. In Christ's name, I pray this. Amen.

Finally, let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Deliverance

LORD, I cried out to you in my distress. You sent Your word and healed me, and delivered me from my destructions. I give You thanks for Your goodness, and for Your wonderful works to my children. I sacrifice the sacrifices of thanskgiving, and declare Your works with joyful singing in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 107:19-22

Dear Lord, when I get out of harmony with You, I am out of harmony with myself! If I let this continue, it is likely to be reflected in my physical being. If I truly want to be whole, then let me seek to restore this inner harmony between us. ... Fill me with Your presence, and let the Holy Spirit guard me from yielding to any temptations to stray. Help me, Lord, to want to be what You know I can be. With Your help, I can be that person!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

My Father, teach me the value of the possessions that can neither be handled nor seen; and may I not take them away from others. Help me to keep thy commandment "Thou shalt not steal," and interpret it in all its relations to life. Amen.

Above All, Through All, In All

Ephesians 4:5-7 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+4:5-7&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father,

Thank you, Father, for the unity you have provided for us: the one body, the one Spirit, the one hope that belongs to our calling, the one Lord, the one faith, the one immersion - and the one God!

For you, our God, are the one and only God and Father of us all. You are above all and through all and in all!

Thank you, holy God, for the measure of grace that you have given to me that I should be part of your universal fellowship.

How gracious and good you are!

By Jesus' authority and in his name I boldly come to you, asking all this. Amen.

Prayer for the Beginning of the Day

O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace, help me in all things to rely upon your holy will. In every hour of the day reveal your will to me. Bless my dealings with all who surround me. Teach me to treat all that comes to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that your will governs all. In all my deeds and words, guide my thoughts and feelings. In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by you. Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day with all that it shall bring. Direct my will, teach me to pray. And you, yourself, pray in me. Amen.

Heavenly Father, Abiding God! Thank You Father for being near to all of us who call on You, and to all who call on You in Truth. We draw near to You, knowing that You are ever near to us. We confess the times when we doubted You were there, but we realize now that it was us who had moved away and not You. Please help us to pray more fervently, especially during the times when we do not hear an answer to out prayers. Help us to focus more on Your Word, and to trust You to deliver us from all doubts and fears. Your word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. We Praise You! This we pray in Jesus' Precious name, Amen!

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought me in safety to the beginning of this day: Preserve me with your mighty power, that I may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all I do, direct me to the fulfilling of your purposes; through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

“A Prayer For Those Following Christ”

Father, as we become one with Christ we become a new creation. The old order of things has passed away and all things become new because You are sanctifying our hearts and thus aligning our outlook to be a reflection of Yours. And furthermore we are issued the command to deny our own willful desires, take up our cross every day, and follow You wholeheartedly. May we be careful to make a checklist daily to see that we live in accordance to Your commands, that we might reach others for Christ and find reward in our daily obedience to You. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, please grant me peace so I can face the day with a clear mind and calm heart.

Father, we thank you for a new day and new beginnings. Help us this day to realize that just as a deep wound takes time to heal, slanderous words also destroy ones character, and leave questions in the minds of others. How important it is to choose our words carefully, prayerfully, and with wisdom from you. Help us today to look to you with the desire to heal, and not hurt with our word and actions? May we seek you in all that we do, so that our words come from love and not justification or judgment.

bluidkiti
10-24-2013, 10:19 AM
October 25

I bind myself to you this day, oh Christ, in your truth and in your sacrifice. I give to you my anxiety and my fear, my depression and my doubt, for you have promised to take them if we only ask; and I take upon myself your burden, for it is light and your way is gentle. May I keep this in my heart and mind all this day. Amen.

In the Time of Trouble

Father, thank You for Your goodness. My soul was melting because of trouble, I was at my wits’ end. Then I cried to You, my LORD, in my trouble, and You brought me out of my distresses. You calmed the storm, and the waves are still. Now I am glad. Thank You for guiding me. I give thanks to You for Your goodness, and for Your wonderful works to my children in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 107:23-31

Dear Lord Jesus, help me to search my heart today and see if I am really living what I say I believe. Give me courage to look at the "real me," the strength to change what separates me from You, and love enough to ignore the cost!

This I pray in Your holy name.

Amen.

My Father, if I may be living in bad habits, help me to get out of them. If I may be neglectful of good deeds, help me to get at them. May I reach for the highest purposes as I search for the realities, and may I not delay, but start today. Amen.

Jesus, light of the world, lead us to be tolerant and understanding of others, looking for what unites people rather than what might divide and separate. Inspire us always to discover the best in one another and work together to build up your kingdom in our world today. Amen.

O come, let us sing to the Lord; let us heartily rejoice in the rock of our salvation. Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving and be glad in him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God and a great king above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth and the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands have moulded the dry land. Come, let us worship and bow down and kneel before the Lord our Maker. For he is our God; we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.

Holy Father, Creator God! Thank You for all that You have given us: your continued blessings, provisions, protection and everlasting presence. Thank You for sharing Yourself and Your Kingdom with us. Bless us and enlarge our spiritual territory of life, faith and grace. Let Your hand be upon us always and keep us from all harm and evil. Enable us to give back to You by helping and blessing others with the same love, grace and mercy You have shown us. This we pray in the Blessed name of Jesus, our Savior, Amen!"

We praise You, O God, with the morning light, and in the brightness of a new day we bless Your holy name.

For all You have given us – the gift of life, making us in Your own image, allowing us to share as children in Your knowledge and love and in Your work and joy, we thank you, Heavenly Father.

For all good things in the world, for food and clothing, for home and friendship, for useful tasks and good pleasures, we thank You, Heavenly Father.

For all spiritual blessings, for the good example and blessed memory of Your saints, for the secret influence of Your Spirit, we thank You, Heavenly Father.

And above all we bless You for the redeeming life and death of Your dear Son, our Savior – Jesus Christ. Amen.

God our Father, you conquer the darkness of ignorance by the light of your Lord. Strengthen within our hearts the faith you have given us; let not temptation ever quench the fire that your love has kindled with us. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

BLESSING
May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life. Amen

“A Prayer For The Spirit’s Help”

Father, we are very grateful for the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives; thankful especially for the convicting work of the Spirit that enables us to see our need for salvation. You provide guidance, comfort, correction, and strength through the work of the Spirit that resides within our hearts. Not only are we prompted and led by Your Spirit, but we consider those who are sensitive to the Spirit’s leading, who have come to us in our time of need and helped to restore our strength or helped clarify Your leading in our lives. May we also be willing messengers of Your Holy Spirit as we serve You day in and day out. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12, RSV

Lord our God, grant that our spirit may recognize your Spirit and your love, so that our lives cannot be swallowed up by passing concerns but are lifted to something higher. Help us hold fast to all the blessings you have allowed us to experience, the blessings you will certainly continue to give, even though new battles and new troubles are all around us. Send a great light to shine among the many people whose task is to lead the way so that your kingdom may come. Send light so that your name may be honored through men's deeds and you may be known as life for all. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Give me the wisdom to know that even the smallest effort can produce big results.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful that I am a child of Yours, and that You are always there to meet every need that I have. My faith and trust are in You, and I know that whatever a day brings, You will be there with me. Give me the grace to deal with the problems that I must face. Also, may I remain humble when You reward me and bless me in special ways. May I always be mindful to give You thanks and praise for everything that You have done for me and my family. I do not want to take Your blessings for granted. All praise belongs to You! I pray this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Staying Faithful”

Father, there is gladness in our hearts when we express our praise to You. We don’t want a complaining heart that dwells on that which one does not have, but we desire a thankful heart that appreciates all that has been given to us. We have continuous evidence of Your grace in every area of our life including that of our fellow brothers and sisters who have forsaken the world and surrendered their all to You. May we be eager to reveal Your grace to others as You continue the lifelong work of replacing our old nature by transforming it into the likeness of Your Son, Jesus Christ. May we be found faithful with steadfast purpose all the days of our life. Amen

Dear Father, thank you for today and all that you do. I love you Lord with all my heart. Please help me show this love to others as I go about the day.

Prayer for Strength and Faith
In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Dear Lord, see me through these hard times. In these troubling times, I am filled with unspeakable fears. I reach out my hand to you now, And ask you to walk besides me. I cannot carry all my burdens, But I know you can, and will. Please walk beside me. Please guide me. Please help me hold on strong, Through the trials and storms. Help me hold on to my faith, In even the darkest hour. Stay with me Lord, And show me Your way. In your love and Holy Spirit I abide. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-25-2013, 11:01 AM
October 26

Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray to you to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Deliverance

O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise…I will awaken the dawn, I will praise You, O LORD, among the peoples. I will sing praises to You among the nations. Your mercy is great above the heavens, and Your truth reaches to the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the havens, and Your glory above all the earth, that Your beloved may be delivered; save with Your right hand, and answer me in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 108:1-6

A More Perfect Union

Ephesians 4:14-16

Dear Father, Giver of life and growth,

We bless you, Father, because what you want for each of us your children is that we may no longer remain immature children but become grown-up children, no longer tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of strange teachings, by the cunning of men with their crafty and deceitful schemes.

Thank you, Father, rather for calling us to speak the truth in love and to grow up in every way in him who is the head, into Christ.

Thank you for putting Christ into us and us into Christ so that the whole body, with each part working properly and joined and knit together by every connection with which it is supplied, makes bodily growth and builds itself up in love.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

As we rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of your presence, O God, set our hearts on fire with love for you; now and for ever. Amen.

O God, you are our blessed light, --awaken us this new day. By the resurrection of your Son, you have enlightened the world, --and given us new hope. By your Spirit you gave wisdom to the disciples of your Son, --send your Spirit upon us and make us faithful. Light of the nations, shine on those who dwell in darkness, --open their eyes to know you, the only true God.

Dear Father, as I face this day give me the wisdom to be kind, the strength to handle critisim, and peace so the day may be filled with joy.

Dear heavenly Father, remind me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those around me. May I always be mindful to share my thankfulness and offer praise to others. Help me to overcome selfishness and pridefulness. May I never be one that boasts in the things I do, but may I boast in the things You do. I do praise You for Your goodness and kindness that You daily show me. May I also be good and kind to others by noticing their accomplishments and voicing my appreciation to them. Lord, I desire to be like You, and demonstrate Your kindness to others. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer for Friends
Vienna Cobb Anderson
You have created us to live in community, O God of love; bless our friends who provide us with the grace and love of an extended family. Endow them with the riches of your blessings: good health, sight, and mobility, that they may enjoy the wonders of your creation and share their delight with others. Bless them with keen minds and compassionate hearts that they may create a better life for all. Guard them from injustice, oppression, and evil that they may know freedom and hope lifelong. In their waking and in their sleeping, in their laughter and in their tears, surround them with your love until the end of their days; and so bring them to eternal life in peace. Through Jesus Christ, our Savior. Amen.

bluidkiti
10-26-2013, 11:07 AM
October 27

For the Spirit of Prayer

Almighty God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it; Deliver me, when I draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for Compassion

I need to be forgiven, God, so many times a day.
So often do I slip and fall, Be merciful I pray!
Help me not to be critical, when other's faults I see;
For so many times, O God, The same faults are in me.

O Lord, forgive Our insensitivity to the needs of others, 0 Lord, forgive. Our prejudice and fear that prevent us from loving, 0 Lord, forgive. The narrowness of our vision and our shrinking from your demands, 0 Lord, forgive. Our resentment against those who have hurt us, 0 Lord, forgive. Our desire to do your work in our way, 0 Lord, forgive. Our impatiance with those who are different from us, 0 Lord, forgive. Our failure to listen properly to other points of view, 0 Lord, forgive. Our fear of coming out of the fortress of our own souls into fuller life and deeper love, 0 Lord, forgive. – 276 Modern prayer from Toronto, Canada

O God, because without you we are not able to please you, mercifully grant that your Holy Spirit may in all things direct and rule our hearts; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Of the Holy Spirit

Almighty and most merciful God, grant that by the indwelling of your Holy Spirit we may be enlightened and strengthened for your service; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

A Collect for Peace

O God, the author of peace and lover of concord, to know you is eternal life and to serve you is perfect freedom: Defend us, your humble servants, in all assaults of our enemies; that we, surely trusting in your defense, may not fear the power of any adversaries; through the might of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

May the Holy Spirit rush into your life and lead you to boldly speak the name of Jesus without holding back.

May the Holy Spirit give you courage to face the world as the world is so much stronger.

May the Holy Spirit remind you what Jesus taught that you may teach others.

May the Holy Spirit lead you to places that you would never dream of going.

May the Holy Spirit be your guide as it did for those first disciples.

Let us pray…

Holy and Mighty God, it is difficult to admit that we are powerless and weak. It is scary to think we are nothing but sheep in the midst of ravenous wolves. Oh God, restore our hope in you through Jesus. Strengthen our faith that we may know your peace. Open our eyes that we may see your power. And send us forth in your name. May we not rely on our ingenuity, creativity or intelligence but may we seek your wisdom in order to bring your peace into this world. Loving God, you are the restorer of creation, not us. May we be your instruments and give glory to your name. Now may the words of my mouth and the meditations of our hearts be acceptable in your sight, Oh God, our Rock, Redeemer and Restorer, Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today. Please be with those who are in need and guide them on the road they must travel.

Father, we thank You again for this day and another chance to express our love, praise and thankfulness for Your never-ending mercy and blessings. Thank You for our daily bread and shelter. Strengthen believers with Your Holy Spirit, touching each heart with the assurance of Your love and presence because we need it. In every controversial situation we face please reveal Your presence stirring the desire in people to desire You. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that my weaknesses do not lead others to stray. Please give me the wisdom to make the right choices and lead by example.

bluidkiti
10-27-2013, 10:40 AM
October 28

For the Day and Week Ahead

Oh Lord God, I come to you in the morning, full of hope that the day to come might be filled with joy and energy. Grant that I may do my work with a light and happy heart; and if there are tasks that I do not look forward to, or even dread, let me undertake them with courage and resolve. For this day could be perfect, if I can only live it in You and with You and for You.

Where I face frustration today, and throughout the coming week, let me handle it with acceptance and faith that the outcome is in Your hands. Lead me away from anger or judgment of other people. Let me tend to my own garden instead of looking over the fence. If my neighbor's yard is filled with weeds, help me not to criticize, and keep me from envy of those whose tree bears more fruit.

And let everything I attempt be filled with the knowledge and guidance of Your Holy Spirit. I pray that the Spirit will be with me at every moment, and that I will always be aware of Him, and live every moment of this day in Your presence. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

All through this day, O Lord, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. Amen.

My Father, help me to understand that I cannot have self-development unless the spirit of truth drills my character. Cleanse my heart from all impurity, and strengthen me for all usefulness: help me to daily live this prayer. Amen.

My Old Nature Put to Death

Ephesians 4:22-24 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+4:22-24&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, righteous and holy God,

Enable me to put away completely my old human nature - the former lifestyle corrupted by deceitful desires.

Help me to be renewed in the spirit of my mind, to put on a new nature, created in your likeness in true righteousness and holiness.

Father, make me holy like Jesus, righteous with his righteousness!

In the name of the holy Jesus I pray for true holiness within me. Amen.

O Lord, remind us of the times that you have stood by us and given us strength so that we can continue to share your message. Amen.

Dear Lord, our time on earth is short. Please help me realize that it is not the amount of time, but the quality of the time I spend that counts.

bluidkiti
10-28-2013, 10:47 AM
October 29

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

My Father, I pray that I may be more generous with my smiles and gladness, and more saving with my tears and sadness. Amen.

Lord, let us never be so tied up or occupied only with our own concerns that we lose focus on the real world. Inspire us to live in such a way that we live balanced and unselfish lives, having quality time for others in which we are genuine in our attention and compassion and care, knowing that we are all brothers and sisters. Amen.

Good Neighbors

Ephesians 4:25-28 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+4:25-28&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, worthy of my love and obedience,

May the thought of deceit or falsehood never enter into my relations with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Let all of us speak the truth with our neighbors, since we are members of each other.

Don't let my anger turn into sin. May I never let the sun go down on my wrath. Don't let grudge-holding and unforgiveness on my part give the devil any opportunity.

Help me never to covet anything that belongs to someone else, but rather to work with my mind and my hands to get the things needed by myself and others.

In the name of Jesus who sacrificed himself for my sake. Amen.

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness. Psalm 89:15–16, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, how lovingly you have thought of us! How much good you let us experience again and again! So our hearts are happy, and we go to rest this night full of joy and thanks because we are your children. Our thanks and joy shall be our service to you day and night. More than this you do not ask, and in this we will be faithful. We want to be joyful and to be glad for our lives. Even when we face dark hours, O Lord our God, we are filled with hope that brings us joy for the future as well as for the present, with assurance that your salvation is coming. We rejoice in what you give us already today. Amen.

Dear Lord, I am so very grateful for all you have given me. Thank you for being there for me in my darkest hours. Please continue to be beside me as I face the unknown.

“A Prayer For Recognition Of God’s Blessings”

Father, You are the Giver of all good things. You have given us so much and we are indeed grateful. Move upon our hearts to be generous with our resources. When we’re tempted to look at other’s possessions in comparison to our own, bring to our mind those who have less rather than those who have more. This will help us to be more prayerful and generous toward those who are without. It will also help us to be less whining and more content with what we have. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgiveness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.

bluidkiti
10-29-2013, 08:26 AM
October 30

Prayer of St. Richard of Chichester (1230 A.D.)

Thanks be to thee, my Lord Jesus Christ, For all the benefits thou hast won for me,
For all the pains and insults thou hast borne for me.

O most merciful Redeemer, Friend, and Brother,
May I know thee more clearly,
Love thee more dearly,
And follow thee more nearly
For ever and ever.
Amen.

May the God of hope fill me and all of us with the joy and peace that comes from believing, so that we may abound in hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Dear Lord God, You never said that life would be easy, but You did say that if we would believe in You, and commit our ways to Your way, that we could trust You, and that Your will would never take us beyond where Your grace could sustain us! Help us, Lord, to realize that You loved us enough to send Your Son, both as an example and as a sacrifice for our sins. ... Open our eyes to see that today, when we take a stand with You and find society often quick to criticize and put us down, that it is then that we discover Your strength! Just as You told Your apostle Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in [your] weakness."* ... Forgive me Lord, for doubting that You care. Thank You Lord, for Your Holy Spirit's communication line, just as Your Son promised. Help me to always keep the line open, not just in times of need, but to continually praise You and thank You for Your care and Your blessings.

In Jesus' name I pray this prayer.

Amen.

* (I Cor. 12:9)

Lord God, when difficulties surround us, help us to keep a sense of balance, and stay peaceful within. Amen.

Imitating God

Ephesians 4:29-5:2 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Ephesians+4:29-5:2&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, worthy of my love and obedience,

Let nothing evil come out of my mouth - only what is good for building others up. Let whatever I say fit the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear.

Don't let me do anything that would grieve your Holy Spirit within me, by which I have been sealed for the day of redemption. Help me get rid of all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and slander, and especially anything malicious. Help me to be kind to others, tenderhearted, and forgiving, even as you have forgiven me in Christ.

Father, I want to imitate you, as a loving child would imitate a father.

And may I walk in love, even as Christ loved me and gave himself up for me, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to you.

In the name of Jesus who sacrificed himself for my sake. Amen.

Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord. Psalm 117, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that we may come to you and that our spirits can reach out for your help and your comfort. May we draw strength from communion with you, our Father. May we realize more fully that we are your children, truly your children, who throughout our pilgrimage are allowed to know you as our refuge and our help. Remember our world, and grant that many hearts awaken and turn to you, looking to you in all the fear and need which sweep over many people in our time. Let your Spirit be revealed to our hearts in quiet, bringing many experiences from you, O Lord our God, and from your kingdom. Protect us every day in the many lands throughout the earth. For the nations are yours; they shall receive life and blessing from you, and at last your kingdom will be revealed in all the world, to the eternal glory of your name. Amen.

Dear Lord, I am so very grateful for all you have given me. Thank you for being there for me in my darkest hours. Please continue to be beside me as I face the unknown.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.

bluidkiti
10-30-2013, 09:45 AM
October 31

Prayer to Live this Day with God

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank you that I can see or hear your Word this morning. Let me give thanks all day for what I have, especially your eternal love, and forgive me this day when I go astray, by my thoughts or actions; my only aim is to please you, to know and do your will. Guide my every step.

Help me to live this day with wisdom and discretion so that I may not fall short of your glory. Protect me from danger, both in the world and in my attitude. Give me the gift of a clear mind, that I might hear the quiet voice of your Spirit. Help to massage away resentments and blame for things gone by, that would eat my energy and poison my mind; but instead, help me to look to the moment, to what I can do, to work for the future. And let me never become frustrated where I lack control of events, for you are in charge, not me; and I put my entire faith in your power, your knowledge, your plan for humanity.

Your are my leader and my coach, Lord. I am on your team. Help me to keep this in mind for just today, in Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Prayer to Treat Others Well

Father, thank you for bringing me into your family. May I never disappoint you in the way I treat others. Teach me to show love, patience, and acceptance to all who come to me; let me show peace of soul and firm conviction that your will governs all. And I pray that others may see in me the qualities of character that can only be attributed to your presence in my life. Make my life a window for your light to shine through and a mirror to reflect your love to all I meet. To you be the glory and the honor, forever and ever, through Jesus my Lord. Amen.

I dedicate this day to you, mighty God. I pray that your Spirit will lift me up this day, and that your face may shine upon me all the day long, that I might do your will and lead a new life in Christ, reborn in the Spirit. Amen.

Lord, we give thanks for all that the earth has given in recent months, and we give thanks, too, for all the work of human hands. As the land lies fallow, at rest, remind us of our need to keep a healthy balance in our lives each day. Amen

Lord Jesus, You are my everliving and everloving Savior, I thank You that You never sleep and that You have protected me by Your mighty hand through the night.

Open my eyes to see the blessings that You have prepared for me today. For the love of friends which will enrich this day, I thank You. For the ability to work and to serve others, I praise You. For the gifts to be granted me this day, I honor You.

Keep me firm in faith, watchful in temptation, humble in my successes, and joyful in the face of afflictions, for Your names sake. Without You I can do nothing, but I can do all things through You, who strengthens me.

Help me today to bear clear witness to the hope begotten in me by Your resurrection from the dead. Grant me Your Holy Spirit that I may be dead to sin and alive to holiness. Use me today to bring Your Gospel to some persons who are like sheep without a shepherd, so that they may learn to know You, the Good Shepherd, and find in You rest and peace for their souls.

Lead me in the paths of righteousness this day, Lord Jesus, for Your name’s sake. Amen.

Lord, be with us this day,
Within us to purify us;
Above us to draw us up;
Beneath us to sustain us;
Before us to lead us;
Behind us to restrain us;
Around us to protect us.

(Patrick c389-461)

O Lord, we ask that you would strengthen us with your Holy Spirit, that we may faithfully fulfill our vocation without fraud or deceit; and that we may seek to follow your holy order, rather than satisfy our greedy emotions or desire to gain. And if it pleases you, O Lord, to prosper our labor, give us a mind also to help those in need. And knowing that all good things come from you, give us humility before our neighbors. Do not let us lift ourselves up above those who have not received so generous a portion. And if it pleases you to try and grow us by greater poverty and need than we would desire, grant us grace to know that you will nourish us continually through your generous love. --John Knox

“A Prayer For Spiritual Freedom”

Father, thank You for making the gift of salvation available to whosoever believes. You break every fetter and set our souls free from the sin laden chains that bound and enslaved us. We are no longer held captive to sin but we are now joint heirs with Christ. Our pilgrimage is long and the way is rugged; there are times when we become discouraged and even want to give up. But we press on by keeping our eyes on the prize of the high calling we have in Christ Jesus. We don’t go by feelings nor are we swayed by other’s opinions or their failings. Keep us hungering and thirsting for more of You so that we remain steady in our Christian walk and undeterred by the daily temptations and hindrances the devil hurls at us. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Let those who fear the Lord say: "His love endures forever." When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 118:4–6, NIV

Lord our God, dear Father in heaven, we thank you. How often you rescue us from all fear and distress! How often you hear and answer us! Grant that our hearts may always be eager and joyful because you answer us. There is nothing else for us in this world; you are our one hope, our only hope. You alone can help our times, help the nations, help each person. Nothing else matters to us. Lord our God, for the rest of our life on earth you alone are our help, our comfort, and our strength. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Grant me the wisdom to understand that if I want change in my life I must first look to myself.

Dear Father, Thank you for this beautiful day. As I breath in the fresh air, please help me never forget that each day is a gift.