PDA

View Full Version : Thought For Today - October

bluidkiti
10-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Comparing Moments

"Yesterday was such a good day!" "The food yesterday was really tasty!" Does that mean today isn't a good day? The food today isn't tasty? Compare one moment to another & you don't enjoy the present moment.

Drop the comparisons. Understand: every day, every moment, everything is different, unique & special. And then you'll experience contentment in the present moment & enjoy what is.

bluidkiti
10-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Your Body is like a Car

Just as a car needs fuel and maintenance to run smoothly and efficiently, our body needs the same.

How well do you care for your body? What's your maintenance routine? Starting today, what ONE healthier choice will you make?

bluidkiti
10-03-2013, 07:06 AM
The 3 R's of Relationships

Here are the 3 R's to make the relationships that matter most, easier: Roles, Rules, and Rituals.

Roles clarify what is expected of you. Otherwise there's frustration and confusion when roles are unclear. Know your specific role in each relationship and play your part well.

Rules are boundaries that outline what your limits are and where you stand. For healthy relationships, it's good to discuss and review your rules regularly, and know when to compromise.

Rituals are simple things that build meaningful connections, such as making eye contact as you say 'good morning' and 'goodbye'. Make up and keep up with rituals that work for you.

bluidkiti
10-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Over-Committed?

When we take on too many things & over-commit ourselves, most often we under deliver. To fulfill our commitments, maybe it's better to be fully committed to a few things rather than partly committed to many things.

So before you make a commitment, make sure it's well considered & thought out. Be committed, not over-committed!

bluidkiti
10-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Too Quick to Judge

Are you quick to judge others? Right and wrong become good and bad so fast, as our thoughts jump to negative conclusions about ‘the other’. Don’t be quick to judge. You don’t know the whole story. Exercise an attitude of curiosity. Try to understand what makes others tick and what compels someone to do something a certain way. Remember there is always more than one way and it’s not necessarily your way!

bluidkiti
10-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Learning to Be Still

Even though the world around you may not be quiet, you can still learn to be still. Instead of blocking out sounds, focus on NOT reacting to sounds. Quiet your chattering mind and then slowly let your focus become still.

bluidkiti
10-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Downsize Your Problems

Problems come and go. Keep thinking about a problem again and again, and you make it bigger and more challenging than it really is! So instead of magnifying, downsize your problems.

Think: The situation will pass. I am bigger than whatever is happening. I can handle it.

Make the problem smaller and you'll find solutions easily.

bluidkiti
10-08-2013, 07:22 AM
When You Are Wrong

"You were right. I was wrong. I'm sorry." Can you willingly apologize when you're wrong?

Being right doesn't really matter. But what does matter is acknowledging when you're wrong, taking responsibility and apologizing humbly.

Admitting you are wrong not only helps you to be more open-minded but it also enhances the quality of your relationships.

bluidkiti
10-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Mind Gardener

Be the gardener of your mind. Remove the weeds of doubt and worry. Plant the seeds of your hopes and dreams. Water them with love. Cultivate with patience and trust.

What are you planting and growing in the garden of your mind?

bluidkiti
10-10-2013, 08:09 AM
How You See Yourself

See yourself as incapable and you won't know where to start. See yourself as awkward and you'll get nervous. How you see yourself is very important because it affects how you project yourself. And as a result, it creates your reality.

So change how you choose to see yourself. See yourself as confident and you tap into courage. See yourself as capable and you'll make the best use of opportunities.

How do you choose to see yourself?

bluidkiti
10-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Creativity and Fear

We are all creative beings. Yet, fear has a way of getting in the way. Are you going to let fear stop you? Address your fear and find a way to move through it.

Ask yourself: What would I do if I had no fear? Let the answer energise and inspire you to move towards creativity.

bluidkiti
10-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Approval Seeking

Do you seek others’ approval? When you don’t get your regular “fix” of approval how do you feel? Others’ cannot constantly give you approval. So, instead of seeking and needing approval from others, give yourself approval! Let go of the need to hear others say that you're beautiful, smart, or good enough. Practice self approval. Then whether you get approval or not, you’ll be unaffected and undisturbed.

bluidkiti
10-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Human Being Doing

We spend most of our lives doing things. And in the rush and hurry, we forget that we’re in fact - human beings. So, remember that being comes before doing. Make an effort to "be." When we stop and “be”, we discover that life will show up with exactly what we need when we need it.

bluidkiti
10-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Home Sweet Home

How do you feel when you walk into your home? Is there the feeling of, 'home sweet home!'?

This week, explore what you can do to make your home your sanctuary (even if your home is just a room).

bluidkiti
10-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Impossible to I'm Possible

If you think or say, something is impossible, it probably will be. ‘Impossible’ disempowers you and stops you finding a way to make things possible.

As Audrey Hepburn said, “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” So change ‘Impossible’ to ‘I’m Possible’.

Break through your self-limiting thinking and all things remain possible. When you are open to all possibilities, you will find a way to make things possible.

bluidkiti
10-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Acts of Generosity

Generosity is the act of giving. Giving things, giving time, giving encouragement, giving opportunity..... Generosity increases everything we have, and gives us everything we need.

Take the initiative, lead the way and be more generous.

bluidkiti
10-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Working Anywhere, Anytime

Many of us have the option to work anywhere, anytime.

Assess how you currently manage your tasks and how you could increase your productivity. Maybe you could prepare specific tasks that can be done online and offline. But be disciplined about maintaining your well being and all your priorities, otherwise you might end up working everywhere, all the time.

So make working anywhere, anytime work for you.

bluidkiti
10-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Emotional Detox

Detox emotionally. How?

Identify the toxic emotion that you want to get rid of: jealousy, guilt, anger, sadness.... And accept what you are feeling. Then release your emotions by writing it all down, going for a walk or run, or deep breathing. Or just let it go from your heart.

Flush out all the toxins and you will enhance your vitality and positive emotions.

bluidkiti
10-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Monkey Mind

A "monkey mind" flits from one thing to another, jumping from branch to branch. You can’t force the monkey mind to be still, but you can learn to steady it. After running amok being busy, busy, busy, make sure that your mind leaves the jungle of pressures, deadlines and speed. Take it from wild and willful to calm and restful.

bluidkiti
10-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Other People’s Shortcomings

It’s easy to notice others’ shortcomings and when we do, our thoughts and words often become negative. This brings the atmosphere down. To create a positive environment refuse to notice and talk about other people’s shortcomings. Learn to consciously look for their best qualities and keep these in your mind as you interact with them.

bluidkiti
10-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Profit from Mistakes

Mistakes, we all make them. But the question is: do you profit from your mistakes?

The next time you make a mistake, ask yourself: What do I now know that I didn't before? What have I discovered? What do I need to do differently to keep it from happening again?

Gain greater understanding and clarity from your mistakes, and you've transformed loss into profit!

bluidkiti
10-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Like an Orchestra

Working and living with others is like being part of an orchestra! The musicians in the orchestra know their instrument well. They know that they don't all play at the same time or for equal amounts of time. In the same way, we too have to recognize and value our own and each others' strengths and contribution. And when we harmonize together, that's when we create great music.

bluidkiti
10-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Like a Pressure Cooker

Most of us are used to living under pressure but when the pressure intensifies, do you feel like a pressure cooker, about to explode?

Why not take something off your plate & turn the heat down. Loosen the lid of routine & unwind. Gradually let the steam out, release the pressure & breathe. Once you've cooled down, think about how to stay cool under pressure & avoid becoming like a pressure cooker again.

bluidkiti
10-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Where I Am Meant To Be

Why is the grass always greener on the other side?
Wanting to be somewhere other than where you are creates discontentment. Think: Wherever I am, is where I am meant to be! This creates contentment.

Even if where you are, is not where you want to be, be content with where you are. Then you'll create the best possible opportunities, to be where you are meant to be.

bluidkiti
10-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Be Your Own Hero

Would you like to be a hero? Well you can be a hero in your own life. All you need to do is believe in yourself and be your best.

Then you'll want to wake up and face the day with excitement, see every situation as an adventure and make a difference in every moment - because that's what heroes do.

bluidkiti
10-26-2013, 07:45 AM
Breaking Bad Habits

Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of. How to break bad habits: focus on changing just one habit at a time; acknowledge how the habit dis-empowers you; realize how you alone can break the habit, no-one else can do it for you; separate yourself from your habit and understand that you aren’t your habit; visualize yourself without the habit; replace the bad habit with something positive; don’t focus on the “not doing”, but instead, focus on “doing” the positive action; don’t beat yourself up when you slip up, just break the habit as many times as it takes.

bluidkiti
10-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Healing Your Heart

Heal the rifts in your soul that have been caused by toxic relationships in the past. Instead of rehashing the past, revisit the past with understanding. Can you learn anything from those relationships? Did you in any way allow or prolong the toxic behavior? Were there any unfair expectations? Open your heart and forgive yourself and the other person. Heal your heart, so that you’re able to leave the past relationships in the past and move on.

bluidkiti
10-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Seasonal Changes

Throughout the year, we adapt and change our eating habits, activities.... according to the seasons.

We changed the clocks when the clocks turned back. We're going to put that big coat on and wrap up warm when it starts to get chilly. We're not going to resist, are we?

Come on, be practical. Quickly accept and adapt to any new changes in your life and make change easy.

bluidkiti
10-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Words Count

Words can hurt or comfort. Words can encourage or discourage.
Isn't it great to hear words that are free from aggression, words that leave you with renewed vitality? Today, as you utter words, choose your words carefully and make your words count.

bluidkiti
10-30-2013, 07:26 AM
With Love

Approach everything you do, with love. And when you come across any difficulties or tasks that you don't like to do, remind yourself: I love what I am doing!

Do things with love and you begin to develop an interest, a love for what you do.

Love just makes things seem easier, more like a game to be enjoyed. With love, even difficulties stand aside to let love in.

bluidkiti
10-31-2013, 07:33 AM
When Someone Upsets You

When someone upsets you, it's so easy to react.

But if you want to stop the relationship from a downward spiral, first, take care of your upset feelings. Then extend yourself and see things from the other person's perspective.

This doesn't excuse why they upset you, but it does give you a starting place to try and mend the relationship.