6 large potatoes
3/4lb. of diced ham
1 large diced onion
3 large fine chopped carrots
1 and 1/2 stick of butter
8oz of cream cheese
3 chicken bouillon cubes
Salt and pepper as needed

Boil potatoes in 6 to 7 cups of water. Do not strain off water. Once potatoes are done mash them about half way to loosen the starch in the potatoes. Add onion, carrots, ham and two bouillon cubes. Once all veggies are about 50 percent done add butter and cream cheese and the last bouillon cube. Bring to boil for 5 minutes then turn on low and serve. Better than mom's!

janbear
10-24-2013, 08:09 AM
sounds good

MajestyJo
10-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Sounds good to me too. My mother use to make the following:

Cook carrots and onion for about 10 min. and then add potatoes. Add salt to water, (with just enough water to cover), when all are cooked, you don`t drain, you mash the veggies, and add milk or cream, and add a dab of butter when serving.

I always added parsley flakes to mine. I think a dash of nutmeg would give it an added touch of flavour too. Chefs on the Food Network seem to think nutmeg goes with potatoes.

MajestyJo
01-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Sounds good, maybe I will make it for lunch. My son is cooking me bacon and eggs. It will be a nice touch to the day and will have the pork cutlets tonight. He cooked them last night and we didn't eat them. I was thinking of putting them in a casserole dish with onions, potatoes, chili sauce (home made my son picked it up from the market), along with some ginger to cut the acidity and spices in the chili sauce, with some garlic and parsley which also helps with acid reflex.

I have some cream cheese that needs eaten up, I have never used it before, but think I will give it a try. Thanks again for sharing.