PDA

View Full Version : Bible Basics for New Believers

bluidkiti
12-01-2013, 10:40 AM
How wonderful that you have become a Christian by receiving Jesus Christ as your personal Savior! This is the most important decision of your entire life.

To grow spiritually it is helpful to know the important truths taught in the Bible. Read these nine core truths, then look up the related Scriptures and study them.

The Bible

The Bible is God’s Word. It teaches the history of mankind’s creation and fall, and the promise of salvation through Christ.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
2 Timothy 3:16, 17 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.”
2 Peter 1:19-21 19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed,[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Peter%201;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-30493a)] which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,[b (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Peter%201;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-30494b)] 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God[c (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Peter%201;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-30495c)] spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

bluidkiti
12-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Jesus Christ

He is God and also human. He was born of a virgin, He died in our place, He arose from the dead, He ascended to heaven where He is praying for us, and He will come back to the earth again.

John 10:30; 14:6 30 I and My Father are one.” John 10:30 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6
1 John 4:10 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Romans 8:1-4, 34 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%208;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-28112a)] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
Hebrews 13:8 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
1 Corinthians 15:3, 4 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
Galatians 4:4, 5 4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians%204;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-29130a)] of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

bluidkiti
The Holy Spirit

When you accepted Jesus as your Savior, the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, came to live within you, as He does every believer. Also, He helps believers lead a holy life.

John 14:15-17, 25-26 15 “If you love Me, keep[d (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john%2014;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-26678d)] My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Romans 8:11, 14, 26, 27 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[b (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans%208;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-28137b)] with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

bluidkiti
Angels and Satan

Angels, who were created by God, worship Him, and they serve Him and believers. Demons are angels who sinned, and they serve Satan in trying to harm people. Satan is a real person, the chief enemy of God, but one day he will be destroyed by Jesus Christ.

Psalm 103:20 20 Bless the LORD, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word.
Revelation 20:7-10 7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
[B]2 Corinthians 11:13-15 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
1 John 3:8, 10 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.
1 Peter 3:22; 5:8 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because[c (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Peter%205;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-30468c)] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
2 Peter 2:4 4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

bluidkiti
The Human Race

When Adam and Eve sinned by disobeying God, they led the entire human race into sin. As a result, every person needs salvation through Christ.

John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. NKJV
Romans 6:6-14 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. NKJV
Romans 5:12, 17 12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.) NKJV
James 2:10 10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

bluidkiti
Church

Each believer should join a local church that glorifies God, teaches the Bible, helps Christians grow in Christ, and shares the good news of salvation.

Galatians 6:10 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. NKJV
Hebrews 10:24, 25 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. NKJV
Ephesians 4:11-14 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, NKJV

bluidkiti
12-01-2013, 10:42 AM
The Future

Someday Jesus Christ will return to earth where He will reign for one thousand years. Then He will destroy the present heaven and earth, and God will create a new heaven and a new earth.

Luke 18:8 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” NKJV
Revelation 16:13-16; 19:11-21; 20:1-6; 21:1-4 listed below:

Revelation 16:13-16 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and[f (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=73&chapter=16&version=50#fen-NKJV-30963f)] of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”
16 And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon. NKJV

Revelation 19:11-21
Christ on a White Horse
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[e (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2019;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-31024e)] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[f (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2019;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-31026f)] followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[g (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2019;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-31027g)] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
The Beast and His Armies Defeated
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God,[h (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2019;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-31029h)] 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh. NKJV

Revelation 20:1-6
Satan Bound 1000 Years
1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is [I]the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.
The Saints Reign with Christ 1000 Years
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2020;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-31037a)] thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. NKJV

Revelation 21:1-4
All Things Made New
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John,[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2021;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-31050a)] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” NKJV

bluidkiti
12-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Heaven and Hell

When a Christian dies, he or she goes immediately into God’s presence in heaven, to be with the Lord forever. Those who die without Christ will suffer eternal punishment in hell.

John 14:1-3; 10:27, 28 John 14:1-3 1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2014;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-26665a)] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. [B]John 10:27-28 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.” NKJV
2 Corinthians 5:8 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. NKJV
2 Thessalonians 1:4-9 4 so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure, 5 which is manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer; 6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, NKJV
Revelation 20:15 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. NKJV