PDA

View Full Version : Seven Magic Words of AA

MajestyJo
12-07-2013, 02:15 PM
During the sixties the old-timers referred to a prayer as the "Seven Magic Words of AA"

And now the story behind the story:

It was the Saturday before Mother's Day 1935. A gentleman from NY named Bill Wilson was staying at the Mayflower Hotel in Akron, Ohio. He had come to town for a business deal that had gone sour.

He was in the lobby of the hotel feeling angry and depressed as he heard the tinkling of glasses and music coming from the hotel's bar.

*He wanted to drink* after being sober for six months.

He prayed "God, don't let me think this way" as he went to the phones, found Dr. Bob.............................and the rest is history.

Over the decades, in the history of AA, this story has gotten lost.

During 1974 while in Akron, Ohio (not on Founder's Day), myself, my wife and my sponsor (Papa Frank) met one of the first 100 members of AA He verified the authenticity of the above story.

Boy, talk about ammunition (bullets).................God, Don't Let Me Think This Way!

Found on another site, posted by Tiger

God please don't let me feel this way (or) God please don't let me think this way!!! I like to tell the story and say if ya use a 10
syllable PLEEEEEEASSSSEEE!!!!! God
will pay attention Quicker!!! - Misty

No we respect our God? Do we respect ourselves and others? A few please and thank yous go along way.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/holidays-seasons-greetings/15.gif

MajestyJo
07-17-2014, 10:51 PM
First of all, I am trying to speak American!

Secondly, I was doing a Zen meditation and asked if it was possible to find a common denominator, so that everyone could find common ground and identify and the word I got was "Wishful thinking!"

Our mind is the wish-fulfilling tree-whatsoever you think, sooner or later it is fulfilled.

This was followed by the word "Challenge."

Misery only means that things are not fitting with your desires-and things never fit with your desires, they cannot. Things simply go on following their nature.

My sponsor told me to look at "problems" as challenges. Something to be overcome and to work on. And the "Piece de la resistance" was the word "Accident."

It is not a certain sequence of causes that brings enlightenment. Your search, your intense longing, your readiness to do anything-altogehter perhaps they create a certain aroma around you in which that great accident becomes possible. - Osho

Looks like I may have to 'stink' up the place a little to get everyone's attention.

Hey people, we are family. We have travelled different road to get here. It is my understanding that we have one goal, one destination and that is recovery. It doesn't matter the substance, it doesn't matter the trauma and difficulties you overcame to get here, it doesn't matter what stood in your way of getting here sooner, the important thing is - you are here!

We can do what I can't. God Bless.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-240x320-critters/0064.gif