PDA

View Full Version : Am I An Addict?

bluidkiti
08-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Am I An Addict?
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spaw2/uploads/pdf/litfiles/us_english/IP/EN3107.pdf

MajestyJo
04-28-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks for sharing Rick. Alcohol is a drug, I used alcohol like used the pills and the people in my life. Substitution didn't work for me, in the end, I was using both. The other drugs took me back to the alcohol.

They say, "If you have to control it, it is already out of control." Control is an illusion, addiction is cunning, baffling, and powerful.

Wishing you the best on your journey. Feel free to share any time, what is happening with you, and in response to any of the posts.

I had family, but they were not there for me. AA became my family, and then I went to NA and Al-Anon and got cousins.

Welcome to you. I am sending you a puppy hug.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrv1v9-yuF0zlwD0gVSoHSPQD4NQYS0wDeKFGGc2wgv9CgA4i3

MariaMria
04-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Rick thank you very much for your honesty. Keep posting and don't be afraid of silence if you don't get much replies here. You need to know, there are alot of people who are just reading can understand you. You are heard. I hear you. I can understand you.

Get back yourself together. Now do it. Tonight. Now. TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE!

Maria

MajestyJo
04-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Just posted this on another site:

Are you in the program, or just hanging around? Are you in the program or just hanging around and taking up space. Hopefully the seed that is planted will help you to get to where you need to be, in or out. There is no such thing as a little bit alcoholic or a little bit addicted, it is like being a little bit pregnant.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/animals-elephants-mice/0002.gif

MajestyJo
04-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Sounds like withdrawal, remember you have an obsession that tries to dictate your life. It was important for me to have a support system. The God of my understanding did for me, what I couldn't do for myself. You can't wear out the Serenity Prayer.

I did it in a room alone, not suggested. It is better to go to a detox or a treatment center. It isn't easy, but worth it.

MajestyJo
04-30-2014, 09:01 AM
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

For me, it was an all day, every day thing and I was glad I couldn't wear it out.

At first, all I can do was say the words. They didn't have much meaning and yet taking the time to say it, gave me that time out that I needed to make a healthy decision instead of reacting or opening my mouth when it was best left closed.

The major dilemma I had was figuring out "the wisdom to know the difference." That took a while and lots and lots of practice.

Often there were occasions that I thought what would have happened if I hadn't stopped to say it. I often shutter just to think about it! In today, I always try to follow it up with the Third and Seven Prayers too. If you look in the AA Big Book (Page 76), the Amen comes after the Seventh Step Prayer.

God, Grant me the maturity
to accept what I'm feeling
and the courage to correct
the actions that I took
that made me feel this way.

MajestyJo
05-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Happy for you, hope it works for you. They never use to have them and people went to meetings, and members were there for them. Many ended up in the hospital but they knew little about addiction.

Just for today, I choose not to use, no matter what! I am willing to be willing to go to any length to stay clean and sober. For me to use is to die. I choose to live.

MajestyJo
05-06-2014, 01:13 AM
What I share isn't advice and what I think you should do, it is my experience, strength, and hope. Things I have found about myself, and what I received as a sponsor and as a person in service to the still suffering addict, inside and outside the rooms of recovery.

It is a program of suggestions. What kept me clean and sober, may not work for someone else. We all need to find what works for us.

http://angelwinks.net/images/thanks2.jpg