PDA

View Full Version : Centers in the Eastern Europe

Jane
12-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone!
I found info that some clinics are using such kind of treatment methods:

1) Healing by "Death" ( the procedure of "provocation" and then clinic death)
2) The methods of using "Holotropic breathing"
3) Hypnotic method

And centers policies which includ such kind of treatment methods are saying 75% without relapse.
What would you do? Did you try such kind of treatment?

Thank you.

MajestyJo
12-09-2013, 06:05 PM
This sounds like the people who have sexual issues who choke someone during the act of intercourse. I believe they are called sexual assault killers. 75% means they died, that is why they didn't relapse.

Jane
12-10-2013, 10:36 AM
This sounds like the people who have sexual issues who choke someone during the act of intercourse. I believe they are called sexual assault killers.

I think you didn't understand what the Holotropic breathing is. :)

Jane
04-02-2014, 05:46 AM
This sounds like the people who have sexual issues who choke someone during the act of intercourse. I believe they are called sexual assault killers. 75% means they died, that is why they didn't relapse.

Jo, I found information about it in English. This is the one of the treatment method of Vasilenko's clinick.

About Holotropic breathing method.

Vasilenko V. I., Sarzhevsky S. N., Shevchenko O.V., Lazebny D.N.
Rehabilitation center, Central city hospital, Zaporozhye.

Psychotherapeutic technique of holotropic breathing was first generalized and theoretically formulated by Stanislav Grof. It is now widely used in the treatment of borderline personality disorder in the psychiatric practice. Easy in technical performance, it produces a profound psychological impact, makes a patient to think over the existing problems. According to authors methodology it leads to “death and rebirth”.
The breathing sessions are usually long – about an hour. During the sessions the patient undergoes four perinatal “matrix”, each of them is closely connected with successive periods of biological birth. During each of this states the patients experience specific emotions and physical sensations, each state is associated with distinctive symbolic images. In our clinic classical holotropic breathing was firstly used during the abuse treatment due to the preparation for superstress hypnosis.

In the course of a 3-year observation of patients’ sensations and behavior during holotropic breathing sessions it is now possible to specify general features of perception of each "matrix" that are specific for medical manifestations of drug addiction.
During the first sessions patients experience the feeling of peace, serenity, joy, bliss, sometimes even ecstasy. Physically this state is accompanied by slightly trembling sensations, running waves all over the body, chills, changes in taste in the mouth, light nausea, muscle twitching. The patients who are enduring withdrawal perceive this “matrix” manifestations as an opportunity to, at least, partially alleviate their physical condition. They are willing to attend sessions. Usually they take this state of emotional comfort as first manifestation of effectiveness of the treatment. In some cases they experience the same “high” effect as when using drugs, and usually are very surprised that it is possible to achieve without substances. In rare cases similar emotions and sensations form some kind of psychological addiction and patients tend to repeat only this state ignoring the subsequent dynamics.

In the course of subsequent sessions of holotropic breathing the second “matrix” experience appear. They are radically different from the previous one. Mostly it develops in fear of death, fear of going insane, fear of never returning to normal state. All the time patients experience the fear of constant life danger. Physically this state is accompanied by body exertion, tightness in the chest, head and limbs pressure. Also discomfort and heaviness in different parts of body that are associated with pleasure zones is significant: severe thirst, urge to urinate or defecate can disrupt the session.

During the sessions almost all patients describe episodes associated with “freaky past” of extremely negative content or potential fatal outcome, overdoses, looting and violence to get money for drugs, senseless cruelty to family and close people. Such reminiscences are the first steps to understand the meaninglessness of the previous way of life. Hereafter all negative memories are fixed emotionally with the help of therapists. Some patients, when faced with negative experiences, try to defend against them. In these cases the subliminal protective mechanisms are included and former stereotype of avoiding difficulties dominates. Patients start mentioning the intensification of psychological addiction and strong craving for a drug. Later sessions of holotropic breathing are perceived by them with the fear of “return to the initial level” during the treatment.

Experiences associated with the third "matrix" are more concentrated than before. Especially it concerns physical sensations: patients experience severe pain and aches, choking, increased exertion. In terms of psychological effects – anxiety is enhanced, so as the feeling of aggression and excitement. Dr. S. Grof compared these sensations to the ones of a child being born through the birth channel.
Patients experienced suffering and constant pain or anxiety and aggression. However, unlike previous experiences, this one goes from victim to torturer. Memories of betrayal and deceiving behavior because of a drug dominate, sometimes with physical violence. Sexual experience memories are frequent but accompanied by immorality, risk and narcotic intoxication. Religious scenes reflect negative satanic ritual elements, where the patient is an active participant: one drinks blood and gets pleasure from it, uses drugs and makes others to do it. Multidirectional feeling of aggression is clearly manifested in the external monitoring.
Some patients actively oppose some invisible objects; they wave their hands, legs, shout out words, and change their postures. Others, on the contrary, cry. Despite the predominance of negative experiences, they always present elements of struggle and there is always a feeling of hope and belief that this struggle will eventually end.
After breathing sessions patients were rethinking their way of life and it is an important factor in the preparation process for super-stress hypnosis. Preciously missing guilt appears with tears of repentance and begging for forgiveness. The awareness of mandatory fight for overcoming drug dependence smoothes negative emotional memories.
Such ideas evoked fear of the future only among some patients. They tried to leave the session quickly. It is important to understand that to overcome this fear and continue treatment by all rules is essential in the whole process of subsequent individual work with a therapist. Some patients perceived physical sensations at this stage as the return to abstinence. In this case immediate rebuttal is necessary.

The milestone of the whole medical treatment of addiction is the understanding of the patient’s own active position.
After the treatment ending usually the patients continue holotropic breathing at home, as a means of psychological discharge in stress situations. In rare cases it is accompanied by hyperactivity, euphoria, agitation for 2-3 hours after sessions. The patients demanded special attitude towards them and built grandiose plans. These transient states pass spontaneously and require certain clarifications.

MajestyJo
04-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Sponsored and had a friendship with a person who was a Pedophile, who went to meetings, and he was allowed out of controlled living residence for people out of jail but considered not ready to go out into the community, without a reliable person to chaperone.

There is so much out there, many people don't know what is going on. They say that a pedophile is unable to heal and change. He was 7 years sober when he went to the church, put his program on the back burner, and relapsed. Thankfully he made it back into recovery. The last I heard, he was living with a woman who has a teenage daughter.

There are a lot of sexually assaulted members, men and women, who have a lot of issues to deal with. I personally was raped 4 times prior to recovery. The first rapist was my husband. I thought it was my duty and didn't have the right to say "No!" That was why I went for counselling at 15 years sober, my Step 4 was enough to deal with all the memories and feelings. I had to go for outside counselling. For me, it is doing whatever it took, to stay clean and sober. We are only as sick as our secrets.

Sounds like another drug to me, using something outside of myself to make me feel better. Can't cover up, need to get to the root of things.