Dear Master make me swift to hear
And ready to obey.
And thus the year I now begin
A happy year will be —
If I am seeking just to do
The thing that pleaseth Thee.
Amen.

For Each of Us in Our Work

Almighty God, heavenly Father, who makes it possible for me to work and who gives every creature its food, declaring your glory and showing your handiwork in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in my work, from coveting material goods, from falling into the temptation of serving mammon and putting money in the forefront of my life. Help me to perform the work which you have put at my hand, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men as well as myself; for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lived and died only to serve us. Amen.

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, I cried out to You, and You answered me. You delivered me from darkness and translated me into the Kingdom of Light; the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Were it not for You my world would be falling apart, but You were there before any of it came into existence and You are holding it all together right up to this moment. You *“untied things that were knotted together and tied up things that were still dangling loose.” Jesus, You were supreme in the beginning and You are supreme in the end. From beginning to end You tower far above everything, everyone. You continue to fix all the broken and dislocated pieces of my life and are fitting them together in vibrant harmonies, all because of Your death, Your blood that poured down from the Cross. I have seen Jesus and by faith I look at You and see the God who planned for me before the foundation of the world. Thank you for opening my eyes to your original purpose in everything created. Amen

Dear Lord, as I seek Your direction for my life at the beginning of this New Year, do I hear You asking, "What did you do with last year's directions?" ... Oh Lord, help me to humbly take stock of my life and find areas that need to be more consecrated to You. Help me to sincerely want to go deeper into Your Word, to pray for others, and to serve in my own "personal mission field." ... Fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may have the strength and power to change, so that I may reflect You each day of my life.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, lead me in the search for life. Teach me what is important and what is unimportant; what is false, and what is true. Remove the hindrances that keep me from the worthiest deeds, and grant that I may have the peace that comes with surrender of self to thy will. Amen.

Lord Jesus, at this time we can look back to the old year, and forward to the new. We give thanks for the blessings of the past year, and we place into your hands the mistakes we have made. As you are “the Light of the world”, take away the darkness in our lives. As you are “the Way”, lead us in the year ahead. As you are “the gate of the sheepfold”, protect us from danger. We entrust the past to your mercy, Lord, the present to your love, and the future to your providence. Amen.

“A Prayer For The New Year”

Father, You have crowned our year with Your goodness that flourishes within our hearts, nurtures our relationships, and provides for all our needs. As we embark upon another year we want to be quick to encourage, eager to reach others, and faithful to pray for our brothers and sisters; those whom we connect with regularly and those who live on the other side of the globe. Above all, keep us growing in Your grace and knowledge in this new year as we walk hand in hand with You. In doing so You will guide us through any dangers, toils and snares, for nothing can separate us from Your love that has been revealed to us through Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ. It is in His name that we pray. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-01-2014, 09:07 AM
January 2

Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

And now let me go forth praising you, O Lord, with all my heart, telling of all your wonders, with my words and in my actions. I will be glad and rejoice in you this day. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Amen.

Lord Jesus, light of the world, open our eyes to notice the magnificence of creation. Open our eyes that we may always value and appreciate all who are part of our lives. Open our eyes that we may be quick to notice when people are going through difficulties. Open our eyes so that we may share your vision and “really see”. Amen.

With this in mind, then, I kneel in prayer to the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name, that out of the treasures of his glory he may grant you strength and power through his Spirit in your inner being, that through faith Christ may dwell in your hearts in love. Ephesians 3:14–17a, NEB

Lord our God, we have gathered in your sight. We thank you that through your words you have given something of your very self to help us be your disciples, your children, who stand firm in faith and trust throughout our lives, whatever our lot may be. Help us in these times, and when days grow difficult and full of grief, hold your people securely in your hand. Help us to be firmly rooted in faith, however dark it is on earth. You can give us strength and courage; we can do nothing in our human strength. But the power of your Spirit can renew us, make us alert, and fill us with lasting joy. For we are your people, your children, and when held in your hand, we can rejoice in spite of all grief. Amen.

Dear Father, I come to You with a humble heart today, realizing that I need You in my life to help and guide me in all my ways. On my own, I cannot accomplish all the responsibilities that seem to be mine. Please show me my priorities and help me to lay down those things that are not really mine to do. Help me to trust You to take care of the things that I cannot change, and help me to work on those things that are my responsibility to change. I desire to walk in fairness with others. Help me to treat them today as I desire to be treated; realizing that I shall reap what I sow. If I sow seeds of kindness and equity, so shall I reap the same in return. Let me be more Christ-like today through the power of Your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-02-2014, 09:11 AM
January 3

Prayer of Determination for the Coming Year

Oh heavenly Father, who has created me, and preserved my life, and promised the joy of eternal life to all who come to Him through his only Son, Jesus Christ: I vow and determine to grow in my faith during the coming year, learning your holy Word, coming to you in prayer every day, and resolving to walk in all those good works which you have commanded us to walk in.

Bless me in my endeavors, dear God; if it may please you, send your Holy Spirit always to remind and correct me when I stray from your path; and renew in me, today and every day, a sense of prayer without ceasing. Let me honor you with my time, my love, my bounty, my words and deeds, as I lay up my treasure in heaven. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Now all glory to you, mighty God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Thank You for another New Year of New Beginnings. Holy Spirit, I ask you to give me a wise mind and a spirit attuned to God’s will, so I might acquire a thorough understanding of the ways in which He works. In the name of Jesus I yield my emotions to Your control, and bring every thought into obedience to the Word of God. I replace negative thoughts with the Word of God, and delight myself in the Living Word knowing that You mean what You say, and what You say goes. Thank You for this powerful Word that is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying me open to listen and obey. I can’t get away from Your Word—no matter what. Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path and Your Word never changes!! Amen

Dear Lord, remind me of the paradoxes of the Bible. I am a sinner and yet I am a child of Yours, an adopted son or daughter. Help me to see that in order to "love my neighbor as myself," I must have a proper sense of self-worth, of who I am in Your sight when I have accepted You as my Lord and Savior. Only then can I love others, wanting for them all that I want for myself in Your love, and in my life.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Strength To Obey”

Father, in certain situations I am fearful when I am called upon to take a stand for righteousness. When You compel me like you did Esther to do or say something that’s not within my comfort zone I become fearful of the outcome which prevents me from stepping out in faith and following through with an obedient heart. Would You remind me that there is great blessing when I follow Your leading. In my heart take me back to Biblical models of those who stood without compromise and remained faithful no matter the consequence. Help me not to fear the outcome, for that is in Your hands. Thank You for entrusting me to be a part of your grand purpose. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Lord has made proclamation to the ends of the earth: "Say to Daughter Zion, 'See, your Savior comes! See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. Isaiah 62:11,NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that we may go to meet you with open hearts, with jubilant faith, and with this joyful shout, "God's salvation is coming! Through Jesus Christ day is dawning on earth for all nations." Stay with us and help us. Send us your Spirit to strengthen us, especially in times of trouble. Let all nations come before you. Let us tell all peoples, "Be comforted. The salvation of our God, who is also your God, is coming. In this salvation we will rejoice together forevermore to the glory of our God." Amen.

Dear Father, in Jesus' name I thank you for every bit of understanding I have received from Your Word, the Holy Bible. I realize that it is by Your Holy Spirit that I am given the grace to understand this magnificent Book. Thank You for the message of love that comes through its pages and penetrates my heart; a message that brings comfort and love and also a message of correction when I need it. Lord, may I always yield to those "course corrections" and line up with Your Word. I know that when I do I become wiser for it and I am blessed. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-03-2014, 07:27 AM
January 4

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me. Amen.

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me. Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus, let me serve others because I love You. Help me not to wait until I feel an affinity for another before I offer kindness, aid or concern. If I truly love You, I will want to serve others in Your behalf. ... Help me to reflect Your love, so that others will desire to know You too.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, help me to see my mistakes, and bring me to the realization of my life. Grant that I may no longer use the time that thou gavest me to learn in, heedlessly, but to give it my best thought and care. Amen.

Lord, there is so much that I don’t know, and I ask you to inspire me with a thirst for knowledge. I pray, too, for wisdom and understanding that I may use my knowledge well. I give thanks for many people I have never met whose knowledge and understanding have been passed on to me. I ask that I may benefit from their work and experience and may contribute, in turn, to the well-being of others. Amen.

He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor." But I said, "I have labored in vain; I have spent my strength for nothing at all. Yet what is due me is in the LORD's hand, and my reward is with my God. Isaiah 49:3–4, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you for the help you have given us over and over again so that we can stand before you, rejoicing in the certainty of faith. We thank you for guiding and leading our lives and for letting us see a goal ahead, a goal to be revealed to all men. Be with us in times of silence when we seem to be alone. Keep us strong and steadfast through temptation and through all the turmoil of life. Help us to remain unshaken, for you walk with us holding us by the hand, and you can lift us above all that does not endure. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-04-2014, 09:42 AM
January 5

God, Let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Father-God, you are the Living Word. This morning I am overthrowing with a pleasing theme…my tongue is like the pen of a ready writer. My heart is spilling beauty and goodness, shaping the rushing river into words. God, you are real; you are the God who heard my cry, and drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog. You set my feet upon a rock, and made my steps secure. Thank you for putting a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to you, my God. O LORD my God, you multiplied your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward me, and none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.

Lord, I give thanks for the “gold” in my life: for the people who are precious to me, for the happy memories I treasure, and for all that has been good over the years. May all that has been “gold” for me, remind me always to appreciate all who are part of my life. Inspire me, Lord, to live in such a way that I help to bring out the best in others. Amen.

The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned. Matthew 4:16, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, be close to us as we seek you in the quiet of our hearts. Grant us the strength of your Spirit, the strength to wait patiently for your help in our lives. Help us to hold to all that is good. Help us to feel, each one of us, that we are your children and that we may rejoice in your fatherly care. May your will be done more and more fully in us and around us. May your will be done so that we may be given ever greater freeing and your light can dawn where there is still darkness. Amen.

Father we begin today with thanksgiving in our heart for a new day. Again as we begin this new year, may we do so by laying a new foundation. You have called us to walk in honor before you. You have called us to set aside our hearts desire and seek yours. You have called us to be light in a world of darkness, yet we continue in serving self. Will you forgive us today, and teach us how to be like You? May we listen to your Holy Spirit within us today and turn from our sinning into a new beginning in You. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-05-2014, 08:01 AM
January 6

Prayer for the Day

Holy God, you have given me another day. Bring your Holy Spirit into my mind and my life, so that I may walk this day in your presence. Let me feel your presence throughout the day, remembering always that you sent your Spirit that you might be a living force in all I see and all I do. When I feel temptation or begin to stray, show me your path. Correct me, comfort me, let me live your will; that I may be happy in this life and blessed in the life to come. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord. Amen.

Oh God, hold me in the palm of your hand. I pray that you will mold me into what you want me to be. May I joyfully fill the role you have given to me and feel your peace deep in my soul, today and always, Amen.

Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus, with a heart of thanksgiving. You have turned my darkness into Light. You have become my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? Thank you for sending me your light and your faithful care. They will lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. In the moment, the twinkling of an eye, you gave me peace that passes understanding, and joy that is unspeakable and full of glory. I no longer dwell on the past. You are doing a new thing! Today I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, my Lord. Old things have passed away and behold all things have become new to the glory of the Father. I offer this in the strong Name of Jesus.

Lord Jesus, you call me to live every aspect of my life in your presence, and so I come before you as I am. With the myrrh that the wise men carried I bring, too, the pain and sorrow and suffering that I have experienced. I lay them before you because they are all part of who I am. I ask that good may come from whatever negative things happen to me, knowing that nothing can ever separate me from your love. Amen.

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, "Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the East, and have come to worship him." Matthew 2:1–2, RSV

Lord our God, we thank you that you have come to this earth. Let a light shine out again and again among those who hear your gospel, also among those with sincere hearts, whether or not they are Christians. May they come to know your light and receive salvation in Jesus Christ. May your light shine for us and may you appear to us ever more clearly. Remember all who call to you. Remember your people. May your people gather and become a light in your name, serving you wherever they go. Amen.

“A Prayer For The Wise”

Father in heaven, we ask You to help us apply Your teachings to our lives so that our foundation will be unshakable and storm-proof when the howling winds and surging rains beat against us. The foundation of this world is temporal and growing more and more decadent, so we choose instead to build our lives on the eternal foundation of Your everlasting Holy Word, as You teach us all throughout Scripture. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-06-2014, 07:11 AM
January 7

Oh holy Christ, teach me to recognize your face in the people you put into my life today.
Amen.

Lord God, give me the desire to be persistent in service, while I have health and strength. May I experience the sweetness that comes in doing the thing that I ought to have done, as well as that in which I took the most pleasure. Help me to so live that my days may be useful, and be recalled with bright and happy recollections. Amen.

Lord, as I offer you all that is ordinary and everyday in my life, I ask you to give me the power of your Spirit that I may transform each day by living with a positive attitude, looking for the best in people and situations. Inspire me to live in your presence every day so that I may share your outlook and do the ordinary things of life in an extraordinary way. Amen

“A Prayer For Spiritual Remembrance”

Father, the commandments that You give are to be impressed upon our hearts. When our acts of obedience come from the heart love motivates us to heed Your Word and align our desires with Your own. As we love You with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our strength we will never forget our miraculous deliverance. For You delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of Your beloved Son in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. May we ever be mindful and walk in humility as we realize Your great work in our lives! Amen.

Selected portions of verses implemented into our daily prayer:
Deuteronomy 6:6, Colossians 1:13,14

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn. Isaiah 60:1–3, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, accept us as your children, whose lives are under your protection and who turn to you for strength. In the midst of all the struggles and temptations in this world keep us certain of your love and goodness. Grant that we may help your name to be honored on earth and your salvation to spread over all the world. May we help that the hope you have given us brings light and strength for our own lives and for all whom you love in Jesus Christ. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-07-2014, 07:51 AM
January 8

Prayer for God to Abide with Us

Dear Lord, as I come before you this morning, my spirit is filled with thanks that you have given me a life and filled it with meaning. Knowing that you have a purpose for me is such a gift as I cannot express; even when the world or my own thoughts fill me with feelings of worthlessness, I can turn to you and know, fully certain, that you are in charge and have filled my existence with meaning and purpose I cannot fully understand.

Lord Christ, you promised that if we love you and obey your teaching, you and the Father will make your home with us; I declare my love for you; and there is nothing I want more than to have you live with me, present in my life. Help me to to follow your teaching in every way; for you have given us grace, that by your death and resurrection, we may be perfect before you. Accept my love and be with me, today and always, I pray; not by my merit, but by your grace, oh Christ, oh one true God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Strength of my Heart

Strength of my heart, I need not fail,
Not mine to fear but to obey,
With such a Leader, who could quail?
Thou art as Thou wert yesterday.
Strength of my heart, I rest in Thee,
Fulfil Thy purposes through me.
Amen.

by Amy Carmichael (1907)

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me, and let me praise you and remember you in my every action and thought, for the entire day long. In Christ's name I ask this, Amen.

Father, we believe in our hearts that You raised Jesus from the dead, and we confess Jesus is Lord over our spirits, souls and bodies. Father-God, You planted us like strong and graceful oaks for Your own glory, and anointed us to rebuild the ancient ruins… reviving them though they have lain there many generations. We thank You for forgiving all our iniquities and healing all our diseases. We decree that our families and future generations shall come to the knowledge of the Truth and be saved. We offer this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Romans 10:9-10; Psalm 103

Lord God, may all of your creation - from the vastness of mighty planets and stars to the lowliness of the smallest living creature I can see - remind me to live in wonder and appreciation of all that is around me. Amen

“A Prayer To Him Who Sustains All Things”

Father, You sustain all things by Your powerful Word and through Your sovereign control. The natural order of Your creation is the means by which we live day after day, year after year. Just as there are variables in the seasons there are variables in our lives as we walk this pilgrimage on earth. There are bright, clear days in which we feel on top of the world, and there are dark, cold days when we feel our world has come to a halt. But we are encouraged as we look to Your powerful Word that reminds us You are our loving God who sustains us in the variables of our daily circumstances. Because of that we can trust You even in the extremes of life. We thank You in the powerful name of Jesus who is Your exact representation on earth. Amen.

Father, may I have the strength to resist temptation and always walk in Your ways. Lord, Your ways are not grievous, but given to me to help and bless me. May I realize this, when You correct me and not rebel against Your restraints. Give me grace to overcome those things that are not pleasing in Your sight and yield to Your Holy Spirit. I know there is no temptation that I face that You have not made a way for me to escape it and overcome it. You are all powerful and I acknowledge my need for Your help in my time of trial. Thank you, for Your promise of protection and freedom from fear. I am glad You are a caring Father that loves me. I ask these things in the name of Jesus, Amen.

bluidkiti
01-08-2014, 09:48 AM
January 9

Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, please give me the patience to make it through this busy day with all the hustle, demands and distractions of modern life. Let me find the quiet time to hear your voice and feel your calming presence. I ask this in your son's name. Amen.

Meditation

[Let us close our eyes for a minute, and think about what it means to hear God's voice in prayer.]

Now to him who by his power within us is able to do far more than we ever dare to ask or imagine — to him be glory in the Church through Jesus Christ for ever and ever, Amen.

Gracious Father, if I am sorrowing over disappointment and am forgetful, grant that I may see the things thou hast made, for which I should be thankful. Help me to so live that I may have a right to claim a cheerful heart. Amen.

Lord, give us each day the wisdom to recognize which things are important, and which things are not. Show us how best to use the time and talents you have given us. Help us to use all opportunities wisely that we may give in service to others the good gifts we have received from you. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For The Eternal Kingdom”

Father, in a world filled with broken promises resulting in broken lives, how comforted we are to know that You keep every promise You make. You heal the broken-hearted and bind up their wounds. You call us to Yourself, poor and needy, bruised and broken by the fall, and You stand ready to save us. We must doubt no more but fully trust You on the merit of the blood given for us through the death of Your Son, Jesus. We confess our brokenness and celebrate Your wholeness as we serve You and transfer our citizenship to Your kingdom that is eternal.

(Portion of prayer inspired by “Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy”

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:57-58, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that we are allowed to live in your love. We thank you for your promise that all the suffering on earth shall come to an end. Hear us when we turn to you with all we have on our hearts. We are weak, but you are strong. May we hope and trust in your strength. May our life, with all its practical concerns, remain in your hands until the day when you will act in might and the whole world will know the forgiveness of sins and will praise and thank you evermore. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-09-2014, 07:41 AM
January 10

“A Little Prayer”

Let us be grateful, God, for health serene,
The hope to do a kindly deed each day;
The faith of fellowship, a conscience clean,
The will to worship and the gift to pray;
For all of worth in us, of You a part,
Let us be grateful, God, with humble heart.
Amen.

by Robert William Service (1930)

Prayer to Cast Aside Bad Habits

Mighty Holy Spirit, face of the one true God, help me, for I have slipped into bad habits. Something in me defies my attempts to change, and I feel compelled to do that which I do not want to do. I feel weak and ashamed, and I turn to you for help. Help me, dear God. Help me to resist this temptation. Lend me your mighty power to cast it aside.

You have graciously promised that you would not let us be tempted beyond our ability, but instead, would provide an escape for any temptation we pray to resist. Holy Spirit, show me my escape from my bad habit. Let me resolve to work on it, to pray on it, to turn it into a habit of good; for I know how you love righteous conduct, and my love for you longs to please you. Work your power to help me please you, mighty God; for I know that with your help, I can overcome any evil. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Blessing

The Lord bless us and keep us. The Lord make his face to shine upon us, and be gracious unto us. The Lord lift up his countenance upon us, and give us peace, this day and evermore. Amen.

Our most gracious heavenly Father, You are my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust! You deliver me from the snare of the trapper and from deadly pestilence. ... You have promised that Your faithfulness will be my shield, and You are indeed trustworthy. ... Remind me that I do not have to be afraid. For even though trying times come, You will see me through them. ... You have said that if I do indeed make You my God, even the Most High my dwelling place, that no real evil can defeat me! You have said that if I truly love You, that I may call upon Your name, and that You will answer! ... Oh Lord, in the New Year ahead, help me to give You honor and praise daily, and to be the means by which others may come to know You. And help me to be as faithful to You in my commitments as Your have promised to be to me.

Amen.

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Listening To God”

Father, we want to be still and listen to Your still small voice, whether You’re speaking directly to our spirit or speaking to us through Your holy Word. At times You speak to us through song, through nature, through other believers and through the unfolding of major and minor events in our lives. As You speak to us, we want to be careful and listen to Your voice so that we do not harden our hearts. Instead we want You to fulfill in us all Your purposes for our growth and for Your glory. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the LORD's hand double for all her sins. Isaiah 40:1-2, NIV

Lord our God, how great is your love, and how great is your help! May each one of us feel sheltered in your hand, knowing that our faults and shortcomings no longer matter. We can go straight toward the goal you have set, for you will help us through the forgiveness of sins and through all the good you can put into our hearts. And so we ask you to be with us. May we be faithful, believing firmly in your great mercy, so that your name may be glorified among us. May each heart be given the comfort of knowing that everything will yet turn to the good, to the glory of your name. Amen.

Dear Father, I am grateful that You have left us the Bible with all of its wisdom and knowledge so that we do not get lost in this life or overwhelmed by the problems that we face. I do thank you that for every problem we face, You will help me find the answer and overcome in the situation. Help me not only be able to overcome my problems, but also Lord, help me to maintain the proper heart attitude as I work on the situations in my life that need changing. I know that I must react to my problems with Your love and in a way that is pleasing to You. Give me the grace to do that, as in my own strength I am not able to approach many of my problems with a godly attitude. In Jesus name, Amen.

BW1
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
posted on another board..For me it is a great reminder of the vital need to reach up and out for others

Lord, it’s Thursday.

Help me to think of others today.

Is there someone I can help?

Is there someone I can phone?

Is there someone I can write to?

It’s so easy to think of my own needs,

When the needs of other people may be greater than mine.

Lord, you gave yourself in service to others.

Help me to be more like you.

This is my prayer for today.

Amen

bluidkiti
01-10-2014, 10:20 AM
January 11

Prayer for the Day Ahead (from an old Prayer Book)

Almighty God, my heavenly Father, who declares your glory and shows forth your creation in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in whatever work my hand may find today, from the service of mammon; and assist me, that I may do the work which you have given me to do, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men; for the sake of him who came among us, humbling himself to serve all who came to him and received him, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer of Abandonment

Father, I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I thank you: I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only your will be done in me, and in all Your creatures — I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul; I offer it to you with all the love of my heart, for I love you Lord, and so need to give myself, to surrender myself into your hands, without reserve, and with boundless confidence, For you are my Father. Amen.

Irish Blessing
Wisdom of years be yours
Joy of friendships be yours
Wealth of memories be yours
Fruit of endeavor be yours
Hope of heaven be yours
Peace of God be yours.

Father, today is a new beginning and this day belongs to you! Today I will celebrate and be glad wherever I may be. In the name of Jesus I submit to your will so that my plans and purposes may be conducted in a manner that will bring honor to you. Thank you for keeping me spiritually and mentally alert in this time of mediation and prayer. You can do anything, Father – far more than I could ever imagine or guess or request in my wildest dreams by Your Spirit within me. Glory to You forever! Amen

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1, RSV

Our dear Father, we ask you to come to us from heaven and surround us with your goodness and mercy, with your light and life. We are weak, poor, and lost just when we need to stand firm and hold on. But you are faithful. You stay by us and help us. Continue to help and sustain us, we pray. Do not let our lives be lived in vain. May something of eternity be with us in all we have to face in life, so that over and over again we may find courage to start anew. Amen.

Show Me the Course

Basil of Caesarea (c. 329-379)
Steer the ship of my life, good Lord, to your quiet harbour, where I can be safe from the storms of sin and conflict. Show me the course I should take. Renew in me the gift of discernment, so that I can always see the right direction in which I should go. And give me the strength and the courage to choose the right course, even when the sea is rough and the waves are high, knowing that through enduring hardship and danger in your name we shall find comfort and peace.

bluidkiti
01-11-2014, 07:05 AM
January 12

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, you make me glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son my Lord: Give me the peace to worship you with my whole heart and mind, forgetting the cares of the world, and dwelling with you for a short moment with my entire being. And give me this day such blessing through my worship of you, that the week to come may be spent in living knowledge of your peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer to Inspire Others

Lord, I ask you to inspire me to encourage others by what I say and do today and throughout the coming week. God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior.

Lord, show me how to live this week with genuine concern for others. In expressing my care, may I show people that they are valued, loved and appreciated for who they are. Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Father, teach me to walk by faith and not by sight. Thank you for giving me the faith to believe that you exist and that you are a rewarder of those who seek you. Father, you said, “Seek my face.” My heart says, “Your face, LORD, do I seek.” Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies who speak contrary to your word, which is Truth. Walking in the light I have true fellowship with you and with others. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin. I pray in the powerful name of Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord Jesus, how do You love me? Let me count the ways -- enough to bless me, to always be with me, to heal my wounds, to strengthen me, to give Your life for me! ... How do I love You? Enough to praise You in all things, to be obedient, to serve You? Enough to commit my life to You? ... Oh Lord, help me to love You enough to never count the cost. ... You didn't.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

Gracious Father, cause me to be critical of my life, that I may not be deceived in myself. Help me to look into my soul and see what thou dost find there; and with humility may I acknowledge what I am to thee, and seek thy wisdom and love. Amen.

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, you let us see and feel your great goodness toward us. Grant us the inner help to be victorious in the Savior, rejoicing to be by his side with faith and loyalty, and with the strength of soul that frees us from all burdens by laying them in your hands. Hear us as together we pray to you. All we ask and long for, all our concerns down to the very smallest, we lay in your hands in the one great request that your name be glorified on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.

BW1
01-11-2014, 10:46 AM
I will do more than belong. I will participate.
I will do more than care. I will help.
I will do more than believe. I will practice.
I will do more than be fair. I will be kind.
I will do more than forgive. I will love.
I will do more than earn. I will enrich.
I will do more than teach. I will serve.
I will do more than live. I will grow.
I will do more than be friendly. I will be a friend.

[From the Anglican Digest...]

bluidkiti
01-12-2014, 08:28 AM
January 13

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I give you a million thanks that I have woken up alive this morning, once again to witness the magnificence, the glory of your creation. Even on the dreariest of days, when the weather doesn't suit me, let me rejoice in the taste of heaven you give us on earth. For the hottest, muggiest day; the coldest and most bitter weather; the clouds, the rain, the wind and snow, the lightning and thunder — these are all your creations, oh Lord, and all of them have a great beauty if I just take the time to see it.

Should I be blind, what would I give to see the cloudy rainy day that I complain about? Should I be deaf, how much I would long to hear your thunder! When I lie dying, how sweet it will seem to have been bundled up against a chill wind, or to be soaked in sweat as I work in the heat and humidity.

Let me be always filled with gratitude for the world you have given me, great God, Father and creator of all that is. Amen.

Meditation

[Let us close our eyes for a minute and remember how we take for granted the good world we live in.]

To Know God's Word

Heavenly Lord, I pray to be able to read the Bible and learn your truth. Give me the spirit of understanding and wisdom, for you know how difficult it can be sometimes. Let me understand and absorb the words in your Bible, dear God, and let me see beyond the words on the page and know your true and full Word, Jesus Christ. Let me not be impatient; let my vision not be distorted by my bias, or my preconceptions, or my foolishness, or the foolishness of the world around me. Give me the courage to change my mind, when that is necessary. Let me know you as you intend for me to know you, I pray, O God; let me find my way to you, for I crave to know you and be with you, now and for all of my life, Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I come boldly before the Throne of Grace to receive mercy and find grace to help in my time of need. I use the spiritual tools you have given me to pull down every imagination that exalts itself above your word, which is Truth. I ask you to forgive me for my grumbling and complaining; please forgive me for the evil thoughts of my heart. Dread has been my companion, and I hate having to work. LORD, I would rather be at home to take care of my child/children. I ask you to expose the origin of my hurt and bring restoration to soul. I am being transformed by the renewing of my mind. Today I make the choice to be thankful and excited about the thoughts and plans you have for me…I receive and declare that I am living in peace and thank you for giving me hope in the final outcome of this day in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, I want to try my wings! I want to fly free! Help me to see that only by committing my life to You can I really be free - free from worry, free from wanting to sin, free from yielding to temptation. Only with Your help, Lord, will I ever be truly free - free to trust everything to You, free to serve, free to become all that You want me to be, free to be joyful! ... I want to try my wings, I want to fly free. ... Help me, Lord.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord our God, may the playing and the watching of sport remind me of the qualities I need for living: developing skills and talents, appreciating the different skills that others have, learning to co-operate with others, being positive, having respect for others, being determined and committed, having a clear goal at which to aim. Inspire me to work hard at developing these qualities in daily life so that each of us - working together - may help to build up your Kingdom. Amen.

Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, give us childlike hearts so that we may understand everything in the right way. Grant us work that bears fruit in spite of our faults and weaknesses, because we want to work with the understanding given by love. Father in heaven, you know that we are faced day and night with many difficulties and setbacks. But you see us, and you will help us so that your name may be honored, your kingdom may come, and your will may be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Father, I come to You in Jesus' name, desiring Your wisdom and knowledge. I want to walk in such a way that I can be kind to those who speak against me, truly seeking their good. I know that without the Holy Spirit I cannot do this; so please fill me with Your Spirit today. Let me be kind; change my heart from being argumentative and defensive. Help me to speak the truth in love, remembering that You will defend me. When I see the faults of others, help me to examine my own heart and motives. Please deliver us from those things that are not pleasing to You. I choose to be a peacemaker, not a troublemaker. I trust You to change whatever is in me and in those around me, which would cause us to engage in unkind speaking. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

“A Prayer For Enriching Words”

Father, we find those who speak into our lives words of encouragement and blessing further motivate us to stay on course and dispense the same kind of message to others. Whether in conversation by way of counsel, comfort, affirmation or on occasion, admonition. Harsh, cutting words abound and cut us like a knife, but when people give us a message in love and grace, it appears as an apple of gold – the best there is to offer. It ministers to the responsive heart and thereby edifies and builds us up in the body of Christ. May our words build and not destroy, bring joy and not pain, help rather than hurt, in keeping with Scripture that it might benefit others. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-13-2014, 08:44 AM
January 14

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you. Amen.

Almighty God, by your Holy Spirit you have made me one with your saints in heaven and on earth. Grant that in my earthly pilgrimage I may always be supported by this fellowship of love and prayer, and know myself to be surrounded by their witness to your power and mercy. I ask this for the sake of Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.

Dear Lord, mountaintop experiences with You are inspiring! ... It's when You send me to hoe in the vineyard that I have trouble - in the heat, the trials, the temptations, and the decisions of each day - Lord, then the mountaintop seems so far away. ... Remind me to listen for Your still small voice in the midst of the confusion of the day. Remind me that my weakness enables You to reveal Your strength.* ... You are there; I just have to listen more intently. Help me, Lord, for I truly need You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See II Cor. 12:9)

Here, Lord, is my life.
I place it on the altar today.
Use my life as you will.

For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him to serve you. 2 Corinthians 13:4, NIV

Lord our God, we come into your presence and kneel before your throne, asking you with all our hearts for your Spirit, so that our lives may be guided and ruled by you, the one God and Creator of all life. Let your Word come into our hearts. Give your blessing on all we experience in life and on all we ask of you as we stand before you. We are weak and poor. We can achieve nothing, and our hearts are weary. But you can strengthen us. You can make everything come right to reveal your kingdom throughout the world. Then all the people of our time may come to know that your will for the earth is not distress and suffering, but your goodness, your life, and your eternity. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-14-2014, 08:15 AM
January 15

Prayer of St. Patrick

Lord, be with me and all who love you, this day:
Within us to purify us;
Above us to draw us up;
Beneath us to sustain us;
Before us to lead us;
Behind us to restrain us;
Around us to protect us.
In Christ's name we pray,
Amen.

by Saint Patrick (389-461 A.D.)

Prayer to Grow Closer to God

Dear Lord, I am trying to do better and better each day; I am trying to walk with you and do your will, but sometimes it seems like I am slipping backwards no matter how hard I try. And I get confused sometimes; even if I want to do the right thing, I don't always know what it is.

So this is my prayer, heavenly Lord, for your help in straightening out my mind and straightening out my life. Lead me, Lord, and let your Holy Spirit guide me. Even if the correction is painful, help me to keep my mind open to your truth. Let me do your will in my every action, and know your will, that I might do it. Help me not be deceived by false assertions or glib intelligence, by those who would excuse or promote sinful actions, by those who simply do not know; and above all, help me not to deceive myself. Guide me away from excuses and rationalizations when I have sinned, but into your holy truth, that I might know my sin, and correct what I can, and ask forgiveness for what I cannot. By the grace and mercy of holy Christ, I ask this, Amen.

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and always. Amen.

Loving Father, if I may be discouraged today, strengthen my faith. May I not weary of waiting for thee, but trust in thy promises. Amen.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8:26, NIV

Lord God, send your Spirit, we pray, over us and over the whole world. Let your light dawn on earth among men. Reveal your power and let your reign begin. May your will be done, O Lord. We kneel before your throne and plead to you. We are weak. Lord, help us. Bless us. Establish your kingdom in the hearts of those who are willing to follow you, who are willing to accept your grace in Jesus Christ. Help us through your strength. Reign over us. Be with us with your Holy Spirit, O Lord God, our Father. Amen.

“A Prayer For Trusting And Obeying”

Father, though I am sometimes perplexed by that which I don’t understand I have an unshakable confidence in You. Your Word is truth and Your promises never fail. There are many things of which I am uncertain, but I have absolute certainty that I can trust You for everything that concerns me. May obedience be an expression of my unwavering trust and devoted love toward You, my Lord and my God. Amen.

A Collect for Guidance

O heavenly Father, in whom we live and move and have our being: We humbly pray thee so to guide and govern us by thy Holy Spirit, that in all the cares and occupations of our life we may not forget thee, but may remember that we are ever walking in thy sight; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-15-2014, 08:32 AM
January 16

Prayer for the Morning

The night has passed, the sun shines its light upon us, and the day lies open before me. As I rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of your presence fill me with love for you and my fellow man, holy God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Abide with me, I pray, now and forever. Amen.

Prayer to Love Others

Almighty God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom you have taught us that love is the greatest good; defend me this day against all the instincts that tempt me away from love of my fellow man. Let me put aside every sort of prejudice and bias against other people who are different from me: those who have a different gender, or skin color, or accent, or who have different ideas about politics or how to drive a car or any of the thousand other differences that Satan uses to drive a wedge between me and all the other people of earth.

Let me accept others for who they are. Let me know that they are your creatures, and that you love them just as you love me. Let me not be stingy with my affection or my support of others out of jealousy, or greed, or pridefulness; but look upon the work of others, and their well-being, as I look upon my own.

I am weak, Lord, and I often stumble and let myself lapse into irritation or anger at others; but through your Holy Spirit, all things are possible; and I ask that today you be with me at every moment, and fill me with the capacity for love that only your Spirit can bring to me. In the name of my Lord Christ I ask this, Amen.

Walk with me, dear Lord, so that I may not be alone as I face this day, but always in your presence. Your joy is a lighthouse in a world often dark with sin, and I pray that I may reflect the light of your truth, to inspire others as I have been inspired. In the name of Christ, bless me this day, and all whom I may meet. Amen.

Father, we have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so we will walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him, established in the faith and joyfully abounding in it. Love is our foundation, and we pray that Christ will be at home in us. May we be rooted and grounded in love, able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height — to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that we may be filled with all the fullness of God, and walk as Jesus walked in love, in harmony and unity with one another. Amen.

Heavenly Father, help me to value my thoughts, words, and deeds. If at the close of the day, there may be one who has been wounded by my injustice, may I be willing to make quick atonement. May I avoid the ways and words that hurt; and not only wish rightly and work rightly, but speak to enrich others with tenderness. Amen.

May God guard us and keep us in safety and comfort and in health and strength, sending us nothing but good. May God send down so many blessings that the day is not long enough for them all. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Renewed Commitment”

Jesus, when I chose to surrender my life to You it was not simply an emotional response that would last for a short season. I asked You to be my Lord and Master and to rule my heart forever. Though there have been trials galore that would test my faith and countless remarks that would attack the truths presented in the Scriptures I choose to walk in Your name forever and ever. In the good and bad of life You will always remain my only Lord and Master.

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we come before you and thank you with all our hearts. You know all that we are thankful for. Continue to sustain us, we pray, and give us strength for the paths on which you lead us. Even when we must suffer and fight long, hard battles, we know that everything has its right purpose and will still lead us to your goal. For all this we praise and thank you. Protect us in mind, heart, and spirit. Keep us courageous, and lift us above all discouragement through your Spirit, who will renew our lives forevermore. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-16-2014, 09:23 AM
January 17

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day; and whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Oh, Father, we thank You for rescuing us out of the darkness and gloom of Satan’s kingdom and bringing us into the Kingdom of Your dear Son, who bought our freedom with His blood and forgave us all our sins. We look forward to new experiences, emotional and physical healing, spiritual growth and a more intimate relationship with You – healing in broken family relationships. Thank You for providing us with Your whole armor that we might be prepared for those things that happen outside of our control. In our fellowship with You we remember that You are at work for our good in all circumstances. Thank You for loving us, and calling us according to Your purpose. In the name of Jesus, I pray, amen.

Dear Lord, help me to realize that humility is not belittling oneself, but rather forgetting oneself. Help me to forget myself, to cease expecting recognition or thanks, but rather to see that I am serving You. ... Let my satisfaction be in pleasing You, and let my heart sing Your praises.

Amen.

“A Prayer To The True, Eternal And Living God”

Father, because You are the true, eternal and living God I can commit my past to You, and entrust my present needs to You. I’m so glad the Word of God declares that You are the great “I AM”, not “I was.” As my issues change and my needs grow You are present to meet every situation I bring before You. I place my confidence in You as I remain steadfast and faithful, abounding in my relationship with You, my true, living and eternally great God. Amen.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Psalm 23:1-3, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that we need never feel forsaken. We thank you that we are led and guided by your hand. We thank you for all we have received from you, your care for our bodies, for our material needs, and for our inner life. We praise you, O God! Continue to lead us, we pray. Continue to work among us so that we can all see and come to know that the Good Shepherd is leading us. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For Co-Workers”

Father, we who believe are grateful recipients of earnest believers who dedicate their time, energy, giftings and resources to further our growth in Christ. How grateful we are for faithful Sunday School teachers, youth workers, for those who walk alongside us upholding and emboldening us when the howling storms of uncertainty, doubt and fear assail. We thank you for the many lay people who work behind the scenes to keep the church functioning and effective such as kitchen workers, treasurers, trustees, board members, Christian education administrators and on and on the list grows. As we see the value help us to do our part as well to make a spiritual difference in the lives of our brothers and sisters in Christ. In His name we pray. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful that You have revealed Yourself to me. I do want to walk in Your Truth and keep Your Words and Your commandments. I know that I cannot do this without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, so fill me with Your Holy Spirit this day. May I show mercy to any that need it, as I need Your mercy as well. Lord, deliver me from any temptation of deceitfulness or any dishonest way. May I be honest and truthful with all. Cleanse my heart of everything that would be displeasing in Your sight. I do desire Your mercy and truth that I might walk in favor with You and with men. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

Day by Day
St. Richard of Chichester
Day by day, dear Lord of you
Three things I pray:
To see you more clearly,
To love you more dearly,
To follow you more nearly,
Day by day.

bluidkiti
01-17-2014, 02:14 AM
January 18

Prayer of St. Jerome

Lord, thou hast given us thy Word for a light to shine upon our path; grant us so to meditate on that Word, and to follow its teaching, that we may find in it the light that shines more and more until the perfect day; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

by (Saint) Jerome, 390 A.D.

Prayer for Help with the Burdens of Life

Grant me, I pray, your divine helping grace; endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will. You know my misery and suffering and to you, my only hope and refuge, I flee for relief and comfort; trusting your infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when you know it is for the best, you will deliver me from my troubles, and turn my distress into comfort, and I will rejoice in your mercy, and exalt and praise your Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen.

O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to your fold again. Deal favorably with me according to your good pleasure, until I may dwell in your house all the days of my life, and praise your forever and ever with them that are there. Amen.

from a prayer of St. Jerome, 408 A.D.

Father, We thank you for your faithful protection and for hearing us when we pray. How often we observe one anther and feel that we think as you do. When we read your word, we are reminded that you are looking for those whose heart is in tune with yours. A heart for you is a heart filled with love, kindness, patience, forgiveness, gentleness, not judgmental, and empty of self. Will you forgive us today for judging what we see, when only you can see each heart?

Dear Father in heaven, I come to You in the name of Jesus. Thank you Lord, for so many wonderful promises in Your Word. I come to You humbly, and ask that You remove any prideful attitudes in my heart and life. I truly want to follow in Your ways and serve You. Help me to trust You when things are going wrong, as much as when things are going right. I realize to walk in faith, that I must believe that You will help me with my current problems even though I do not see a way at this time. You will make a way, as You have never failed anyone who comes to You in faith. Thank you for good health, mentally and physically. I am so glad my name is written in the Book of Life. Use me to help others find the way to heaven. Thank you, Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-18-2014, 10:17 AM
January 19

Prayer of Ambrose of Milan

O Lord, who has mercy upon all, take away from me my sins, and mercifully kindle in me the fire of your Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore you, a heart to delight in you, to follow and to enjoy you, for Christ's sake. Amen.

from a prayer by Ambrose of Milan, 388 A.D.

Finally, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, let me think about these things. What I have learned and received, let me do; and the God of peace be with us all. Amen.

Father, I thank you for loving me and providing salvation. Thank you for delivering me from the power and dominion of sin, and bringing me into a safe place. You have saved me because of your mercy, through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. It is by grace that I have been saved, through faith – and this is not from myself, it is the gift of God. Now that I belong to you, teach me obedience to the Holy Spirit’s instructions that I might walk in newness of life. Jesus, you are the Author and Finisher of my faith, and I offer this prayer of thanksgiving in your name. Amen.

Father, teach us to recognize your face in the people you put into our lives today. Amen.

Father, I belong to you. I place myself anew in your hands and acknowledge you as Master and Lord of my life. Grant me the gift of a forgiving heart and cleanse me of any anger, hostility, or revenge. Heal my hurts and teach me to rely on your love. Grant me wisdom of heart and strengthen me by your grace to move on in faith, in trust, and in love. Thank you, Lord, for your love in my life.

bluidkiti
01-19-2014, 11:18 AM
January 20

Now unto him that is able to keep me from falling, and to present me faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

God our Father, with the gifts you have given to us we have responsibilities and duties. Inspire us to take the initiative in treating others as we would like them to treat us. Amen.

God's Grace

Romans 5:1-5 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=Romans+5:1-5&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, giver of your Holy Spirit,

Thank you for justifying me through faith, so that now I have peace with you through the Lord Jesus Christ.

How grateful I am that I have access to your grace! I rejoice in the hope of sharing in your glory.

More than that, my God, I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake. I know that suffering produces endurance, endurance produces character, and character produces hope.

How I bless you for this wonderful hope that I have. It is a hope that will never bring disappointment.

I know this because I have tasted your love. You have poured it into my heart through the Holy Spirit which you have given me, as well as to all your people.

By the authority of Christ and in his name I pray. Amen.

Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that you are our Father and that we may have you with us. We thank you that we can know you are leading us by your hand. Give us your Spirit of understanding so that we may always see your mighty and powerful hand guiding us on all our ways. Help us where we fall short. Help us, for we are weak and are often in situations where we cannot help ourselves. But you are strong. You give light to our hearts. Through the Savior, Jesus Christ, we can direct our lives cheerfully, joyfully, and patiently toward the great goal set before us your children, and before the whole world. Amen.

Dearest Father, I thank you for all the times You have corrected me. Please do not stop correcting me, even if I cry about my situation. Thank you for loving me enough to correct me and not allow me to continue in the wrong way. I am sorry that I sometimes complain of my trials. I want to rise above complaining and learn to trust You more. Help me to overcome the fears and doubts I feel when facing trouble. I want to come to the place when I am facing a test, that I will see the your vastness and not the bigness of my problem. I know You love and care for me, so give me patience, grace and wisdom to overcome what the enemy brings against me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

“A Prayer For The Blessing Of Laughter”

Father, there are many troubling situations that weigh our heart down when that is our sole focus. But You want us to bring these troubles to You in prayer, entrust them to Your care, and be joyful on our journey. Nehemiah reminds us, “The joy of the Lord is my strength.” We want to have a joyful disposition so that we can bring cheer to those around us. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen

Prayer for Holy Rest
O Lord, support us all the day long, until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes, and the busy world lies hushed, and the fever of life is over, and our work is done. Then in thy mercy grant us a safe lodging, and a holy rest, and peace at the last.

bluidkiti
01-20-2014, 11:39 AM
January 21

Prayer to Dedicate Oneself to Christ This Day

Almighty God, as I cross the threshold of this day, I commit myself Your care. Mold me in your image. In everything I say and do, let my mind be on the eternal goodness of heaven rather than the vanities of earth, meaningless pride, or the anger and envy that tear apart my precious soul.

I dedicate myself to your holiness, Oh sweet and innocent Christ, and pray that you may be with me, to check my tongue before it can speak evil and to stop my hand when it seeks to sin. I come to you as a child. I will look to you for guidance and wisdom. Let me know the joyful feeling of having done something that pleased you; let me never feel the pain of knowing I have disappointed you. And let me live without fear, without confusion, always steady in the certainty of your forgiveness and ultimate victory, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[Let us close our eyes for a minute, and meditate on the innocence of Christ.]

A Prayer of Repentance

O Lord our God, good and merciful, I acknowledge all my sins which I have committed every day of my life, in thought, word and deed; in body and soul alike. I am heartily sorry that I have ever offended you, and I sincerely repent; with tears I humbly pray to you, O Lord: of your mercy forgive me all my past transgressions and absolve me from them. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to amend my way of life and to sin no more; that I may walk in the way of the righteous and offer praise and glory to the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

May the God of peace, who declared victory over death by the resurrection of His only Son, Jesus Christ, make me perfect in every thought and act through His grace, that my life might be pleasing in his sight and that I might share the perfect peace that is only possible through Him, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Dear Lord, forgive me for trusting in my own intelligence and doubting Yours. I seem to have no misgivings about the things that I have reasoned out, but I have trouble trusting and believing in Your almighty power apart from my finite understanding. ... Oh Lord, help me to accept You as a Sovereign Being, fully knowledgeable and worthy of my complete trust!

Amen.

Lord, inspire me to live in such a way that I always give of my best and be welcoming and generous towards others. Amen.

In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. Psalm 18:6, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, we rejoice that you are our Father. We rejoice that you rule and guide each of us so that our path in life leads to what is good and genuine and we do not get stuck in this or that concern. Lead us, renew us, and again and again free us to go forward, finding new courage and joy for ourselves and for our fellowmen. Then we can praise you, your strength and power can be revealed to us, your heaven come down to earth, and your will be done on earth. Here on earth your help shall come to the poor, the weak, the lowly, the sick, and the suffering. May your name be praised! We rejoice in your name. Amen.

Dear Father, I am thankful for all You have done for me. I do appreciate the peace, love and joy that You have given me. Lord, money cannot buy these things. They come as virtues when we are "born again." Help me to walk in the Spirit Lord, so that these fruits may grow daily. I want to be more like You in all of my ways. I do seek Your wisdom as I need Your guidance and understanding in the affairs of my life. Strengthen me as I daily face challenges and circumstances that only You can give me the grace to bear and overcome. Thank you that the scripture says, when I am weak, You are strong. I claim Your strength today. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

bluidkiti
01-21-2014, 07:58 AM
January 22

A Prayer of St. Basil the Great

I bless you, O God most high and Lord of mercies, who forever works great and mysterious deeds for me, glorious, wonderful, and numberless; who provides me with sleep as a rest from my infirmities and as a repose for my body tired by labor. I thank you that you have not destroyed me in my transgressions, but in your love toward mankind you have raised me up, as I lay in despair, that I may glorify your majesty.

I entreat your infinite goodness, enlighten the eyes of my understanding and raise up my mind from the heavy sleep of indolence; open my mouth and fill it with your praise, that I may unceasingly sing and confess you, who is God glorified in all and by all, the eternal Father, the only-begotten Son, and the all-holy and good and life-giving Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Almighty God, I would have thy counsel as I read the words and follow the deeds of helpful lives, that I may be inspired to nobler activities. Give me the desire to know more of thy holy word, that I may have a better knowledge of life. Amen.

God our Father, you call each of us by name, and you treasure each of us individually as though no-one else exists. Inspire us to respect and value each person who comes into our lives this day. Amen.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and l will give you rest. Matthew 11:28, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, grant us the inner quiet we need so that we may come into your presence and hear you speak, forgetting all the things that try to force themselves upon us. May we experience your true and living support. Keep our hearts glad and thankful for everything, even in grief, anxiety, and suffering. In this thankfulness we can remain with you, and Jesus Christ can help us, Jesus, whom you have given as our support and helper in all that most deeply concerns us. We entrust ourselves to you. Keep us in your Spirit. Amen.

Lord, we ask You for wisdom and harmony in our financial life. We choose to serve You, God. Forgive us when we have been selfish, when we’ve gone to extremes of spending or hoarding. Heal us when we need restoration in our finances. Help us not to argue, but to learn better ways to communicate—to be honest and to seek to understand the other person’s perspective even when we may not agree. We thank You for the ways You have provided and for Your amazing answers to prayer!

Source: From Power Prayers for Women by Jackie M. Johnson

Dearest Father, I am grateful that You are a God of order and of wisdom. Show me Your order in my every day affairs. I need my life and my ways ordered of You. Lord, I live in a time where there is so much busyness and hurry-hurry, let me not get caught up in the rush of our society. Slow me down, and show me my priorities. Let me do the things that are important to You. Let me not leave the important things of prayer and the study of Your Word undone. Forgive me when I neglect these things, because I have run out of time and strength that was given to less important things. I know if I put the things of God first, then I will have time for all the really important things in my life. Help me work on "being" like You, instead of just busy "doing" things for You. I do ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-22-2014, 10:29 AM
January 23

For Joy in God's Creation

O Heavenly Father, who has filled the world with beauty; Open my eyes to behold your gracious hand in all your works; that rejoicing in your whole creation, I may learn to serve you with gladness, faithfully managing your bounty; for the sake of him by whom all things were made, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.

Lord God, I pray that I may not overlook thy blessings of beauty while endeavoring to perform my duties. Guide me that I may not struggle to be where thou wouldst not have me go. Amen.

Lord, whilst I pray for peace and goodwill in our world, I ask you to help me to change my own attitude for the better, so that peace and goodwill may start with the way I behave towards those who have hurt me. Inspire me to be as generous to others as I would like them to be with me. Amen.

The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all...Praise the Lord, all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise the Lord, my soul. Psalm 103:19, 22, NIV

Dear Father in heaven,we thank you for giving our hearts hope for your kingdom, the kingdom of God. We thank you that again and again we may draw strength from this hope, find new youthfulness and courage, and discover how powerfully, though hidden, your kingdom is already approaching. Protect this vision and help us when we fail. All will come right. Whatever happens, we are in your hands, and no one shall snatch this joy from our hearts. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, I am so grateful to be Your child and I thank you for Your wonderful promises to me. Thank you for the encouraging Words found in the Bible. I do want to walk in Your wisdom. Open my understanding to Your Words and then give me the grace to obey them. Help me to be able to cast all my cares upon You, when I am tempted to worry or fret over my problems. I do appreciate being able to lie down and have a restful night's sleep. Thank you also for soundness of mind and body. Help me to share with others this day about Your goodness. I ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

For Families Torn by Addiction
Vienna Cobb Anderson
We pray, O God of hope, for all families whose lives are torn and disrupted by drugs and alcohol. Enable them to identify the illness. Strengthen them to seek help. Bless them with the power of your love, which imparts transformation and wholeness to those who trust in your name. Grant that as they walk this tortured road, they may journey together and bound close in the bond of love. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-23-2014, 10:10 AM
January 24

Praise and Thanks this Morning

Hallelujah! The sun has risen again and it is morning! And I have awoken into it, alive, breathing, thinking, knowing that the Son will rise again and I will be saved. What did I do to deserve this day? It is a gift from you. Glory and praise to you, my God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for filling me with life to live another day, for it is you who made me and not me myself.

I resolve to spend this day in the presence of the Holy Spirit, filled with his joy and energy, that I might accomplish your will, my God, and do what I can to deserve the joys of the day, for I know my time here is short. Be with me, oh Holy Spirit, to fill me with the energy and positivity and comfort that only you can bring. In Christ's name I pray that thy will be done, Amen.

May God the Father bless us; may Christ take care of us; the Holy Ghost enlighten us all the days of our life. The Lord be our defender and keeper of body and soul, both now and for ever, to the ages of ages. Amen.

Father, I thank you for the fragrance of the knowledge of Jesus Christ, which flows through me to others. I abide in Jesus, He abides in me and through the power of the Holy Spirit, I am salt and light in the earth – a witness to him everywhere I go – in my home, the workplace, and to the end of the earth. I purpose to practice the presence of Jesus, and make choices that will honor you, Father. Thank you for leading me in triumph in every situation I face today in Jesus’ name.

Dear Lord, sometimes Your Spirit speaks to me in quiet ways, in a "still small voice," so easily missed while the TV is blaring, the telephone is ringing, and electronic games and "electronic children" are all pulling me in a dozen different directions. ... Quiet me down, Lord, that I in turn may be a quieting influence in my family, and so that we as a family may HEAR You more clearly and be more sensitive to the leading of Your Spirit in this year ahead.

Amen.

“A Prayer For The Least Of These”

Father, there is much that we don’t understand on this side; why some go through life seemingly with ease and little trouble and others seem to be born with trouble that never goes away. It is not for us to understand Your ways for You are a God of mystery with greater purpose than we can comprehend, and yet You have made clear to us through Scripture that which we are to understand. Some of the very trouble we seek to avoid is what brings us to faith and causes us to live a life that is honoring to You and purposeful to others. Keep our hearts sensitive and compassionate toward those who are undervalued by the world’s standards. When we put ourselves in their place, we identify with their struggles and feel the deep hurt they experience when looked down upon and rejected by others. May we be Your tender arm of compassion, Your gentle voice of acceptance and unconditional love. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, I come to You in the name of Jesus. You know that at times I do experience fear. I am so glad I can come to You and when I pray, You remove that fear and give me the faith and confidence that I need to trust You. Help me to trust You more. Thank you that Your angels are watching over me and my loved ones. I am sure when I get to heaven I will be amazed at the many things that You protected me from in this life. Lord, have mercy on the lost and give them opportunity to come to You and be spared from the awful judgments in this world. Use me to share Your love with those around me that do not know You. Thank you, Lord, for the opportunities to witness to the lost. Give me the right words to speak to them and prepare their hearts to receive them. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-24-2014, 08:06 AM
January 25

For Those Who Are Struggling

Heavenly Father, I pray for all my Christian brothers and sisters and for each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace to come in their hearts; I pray for love and joy to abound in their homes; I pray that they might enjoy good health, that they are not in debt, and that all their needs are met.

I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than you, Mighty God. Every battle is in your hands for you to fight, Lord. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees them and every mouth that confesses them. In Christ’s name, Amen.

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Father, I thank you for giving me the grace to believe in you and your Word even in the midst of the storms of life, providing a place of rest for me. In the midst of seemingly impossible demands, deadlines and tasks at hand, my heart is steadfast, fixed trusting in you. Your strength and boldness are released to me as I confidently rest in your promises. In your presence I am refreshed, restored and renewed in Jesus’ name. Amen.

May the life of the Lord Jesus, and the love of God the Father, and the companionship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16, NIV

Lord our God, O God of righteousness, let your light shine out. Go with us on our way. May we have clear eyes and hearts through your Word and your Spirit. Through temptations and struggles be always with us, lighting our way to what is right and good. Protect and bless us. Move our hearts from their very depths to thank you for all you have done for us, to praise you, and to glorify you. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today and all that you do. I love you Lord with all my heart. Please help me show this love to others as I go about the day.

Prayer of Thanks
Ralph Waldo Emerson
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
Father in heaven,
We thank thee.

bluidkiti
01-25-2014, 11:01 AM
January 26

For the Spirit of Prayer

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord. Let your Holy Spirit guide me in my prayer and in thought, and grant me the grace to listen and hear your Word. Soften my heart, that I may be directed by your truth, and not the devices of my body and mind. In the name of Christ I ask this, Amen.

God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, and Spirit of God amidst us, direct our way unto you. Make us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Heavenly Father, you are my light and my salvation. By your grace, I shall not fear man nor become entangled in the ungodly traditions of men. I throw aside every weight and sin that has tried to ensnare me so that I might run the race you have set before me with confidence, efficiency and effectiveness. I seek to be temperate in all things and run this race to receive a crown of eternal blessedness with certainty. Father, in my life be glorified, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Dear Lord, in the New Year ahead, help me to remember that wherever I go, I'll be! I can't escape me! Circumstances won't govern my life as much as my attitude toward them. ... Yet, wherever I am, You are! Oh Lord, help me to realize that I cannot deal with me and my problems without You! For You have the answers to all of my needs, if and when I consult You. ... You are my only real security! Help me to KNOW IT, BELIEVE IT, and LIVE IT! ... It's up to me, isn't it? It's my move. Help me Lord, for it is hard for me to change my ways.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Heavenly Father, teach me how to breathe in the sweetness of life. Reveal to me the life that will bring peace to the soul. May I not be dismayed, but find the "Peace that passeth all understanding," the perfect peace that comes from thee. Amen.

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. Psalm 145:18-19, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, Almighty God, your children look to you in prayer. Hold us always by the hand. Reveal to us that you hear us, that you are among us providing what is best for us, to the glory of your name. In this hour let us experience something from you, the good and merciful One. May we always be glad and thankful for all we have already received from you and for all we are still to receive in our lives. Amen.

Father as we begin this new day we are thankful for the truth of Your word. To be quiet in Your presence, listening to Your teaching and guided by Your Holy Spirit brings to us a deep peace and strength. Will You quiet our hearts this morning and remind us that in the quietness of Your presence there is peace? The strength will come as we quietly exercise our faith in You, listening more than hearing and being still, waiting to hear You speak to us.

Lord, we ask You for wisdom and harmony in our financial life. We choose to serve You, God. Forgive us when we have been selfish, when we’ve gone to extremes of spending or hoarding. Heal us when we need restoration in our finances. Help us not to argue, but to learn better ways to communicate—to be honest and to seek to understand the other person’s perspective even when we may not agree. We thank You for the ways You have provided and for Your amazing answers to prayer!

Source: From Power Prayers for Women by Jackie M. Johnson

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for all Your wonderful gifts. I am especially thankful for the gift of discernment. Thank you, for the many times You have saved me from bad situations that I would have engaged in, if it were not for You warning me. I do thank you for spiritual eyesight. Lord, I pray today that I will always walk in Your way and will seek to avoid strife and be a peace maker. You said, "Blessed are the peace makers". I need Your blessings today so I seek to be at peace with those around me. Help me to solve my differences in a peaceful way, according to Your will. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti
01-26-2014, 10:44 AM
January 27

For the Day Ahead

Oh Lord God, I come to you in the morning, full of hope that the day to come might be filled with joy and energy. Grant that I may do my work with a light and happy heart; and if there are tasks that I do not look forward to, or even dread, let me undertake them with courage and resolve. For this day could be perfect, if I can only live it in You and with You and for You.

Where I face frustration today, let me handle it with acceptance and faith that the outcome is in Your hands. Lead me away from anger or judgment of other people. Let me tend to my own garden instead of looking over the fence. If my neighbor's yard is filled with weeds, help me not to criticize, and keep me from envy of those whose tree bears more fruit.

And let everything I attempt be filled with the knowledge and guidance of Your Holy Spirit. I pray that the Spirit will be with me at every moment, and that I will always be aware of Him, and live every moment of this day in Your presence. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[Where I face frustration today, let me handle it with acceptance and faith that the outcome is in Your hands.]

A Prayer of Thanksgiving

O God, who is near us always, I thank you for all the good gifts with which you have filled my life; for love that makes life beautiful, for all thoughts that uplift and gladden, for faith to believe and strength to attain, for every experience which humbles and teaches the need of you. Let me never doubt that, having led me thus far, you will lead me to the end. I wish to serve you; show me how I can do it best. Graciously look upon me and use me as you will. And grant that I may employ all of your gifts to the end of setting forth of your glory; through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Lord, I bless your holy name! I will not forget all your benefits – you forgive all my iniquities, heal all my diseases, redeem my life from destruction, and crown me with loving kindness and tender mercies. Thank you for satisfying my mouth with good things, so that my youth is renewed like the eagle’s. I worship you in the splendor of your holiness, in Jesus’ name.

Lord, we ask you to inspire us to encourage others by what we say and do today. Amen.

My prayer for you is that you may have still more love – a love that is full of knowledge and wise insight. I want you to be able always to recognize the highest and the best, and to live sincere and blameless lives until the day of Christ. I want to see your lives full of true goodness, produced by the power that Jesus Christ gives you to the praise and glory of God. Philippians 1:9–11, Phillips

Lord our God, we thank you for filling our hearts with such great trust. We thank you for all we are given in our lives, above all that we can come to know Jesus Christ. We thank you that over and over we can draw strength and life from his life. Praise to your name, for our life has a goal and we may find strength and certainty during our time on earth. You will reveal what we hope for, and even now you allow us to keep something of this goal before our eyes. We praise you that your name may become great in our midst and that again and again new life can well up from us, who are poor and weak. May your name be praised for setting this goal before us to strengthen us. Amen.

Nighttime Prayer

My God, I love You with all my heart. I thank You for having kept me safe this day. Pardon me the evil I have done, and accept the good I have done. Take care of me while I sleep and deliver me from all danger. May Your grace be always with me and with all my loved ones. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for Your many blessings. When I really stop to count them all, there is no end to every blessing that You have given me. Every breath I take is a blessing. It is a blessing to be able to see, hear, walk and talk. You have granted me blessings in the many friends and family that I have. Thank you also, for all the physical and material blessings I have. I do appreciate them, but they are overshadowed by Your blessings of peace, love and joy that I have in my heart. Thank you, that You have redeemed me from the curse of sin and death and have given me eternal life. I am very grateful for what Jesus did for me on the cross. Lord, help me to live the Christian life before others, so that they might receive Your blessings too. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

“A Prayer For Exercising Self-Control”

Father, as children of the light, we no longer desire the attitudes or behavior we practiced when living in ignorance where darkness reigns. After dying to self You took up residence and equipped us with the necessary tools to battle our struggle against sin. Help us to throw off everything that hinders, entangles, or identifies us with the enemy. Your discipline is always right and good for us because it means we will share in Your holiness. Self-control is a difficult exercise since it requires self-denial, restraint and full surrender to You. The reward follows as we enjoy a wonderful harvest of right living. Not only will it benefit us personally, but it will result in a testimony of thanksgiving to You, make us more like Christ and be an example to those we seek to influence. We ask Your help in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that my weaknesses do not lead others to stray. Please give me the wisdom to make the right choices and lead by example.

bluidkiti
01-27-2014, 10:28 AM
January 28

Prayer to Hear God’s Word

Dear God, There is only one voice that is perfect truth, and that is yours: the voice of your Spirit and the voice of your Word. Help me, I pray, to hear your voice clearly. For I tend to lose it in the cacophony. I am filled with the sound of my own voice, with the sense my importance and the correctness of my thought; and on top of that, I am besieged by dozens and hundreds and thousands of words and voices telling me all kinds of things.

Lead me to read your Word without listening to any voice but yours. Let me hear your truth and read your Word without adding to it or subtracting from it, without twisting it to meet the demands of my own preconceptions. Let me not deny your Word because it is inconvenient for me; even if I cannot follow it today, let me know the truth. Where your teaching and my thoughts conflict, help me to change. Help me to set aside my prejudice, my illusions of knowledge, my rationalizations, so that I can learn; and even if I do not follow your Word perfectly, let me know where to ask forgiveness. This I ask in the name of my only Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Meditation

[Lead me to read your Word without listening to any voice but yours. ]

Heavenly Father, because you have turned my captivity and have done great things for me, my mouth is filled with laughter and my tongue with singing. Joy floods my being, and rejoicing covers my lips! The dark clouds of oppression are replaced with your goodness and its beauty, Father. The cheerfulness of my heart is as medicine to my spirit, soul and body. It is well with me because I am yours and you are mine. Your banner over me is love. In the name of Jesus, I rejoice. Amen.

Dear Lord, the Psalmist has said: "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn Thy statutes."* Help me to see that sometimes it takes affliction for You to get my full attention and cooperation. ... Thank You, Lord, for caring enough and opening my eyes to Your deeper truths. Help me to set my heart on keeping Your statutes, and on discerning Your purpose for my life.

Amen.

* (Psalm 119:71 - KJV; see also Verse 67)

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Psalm 32:8, NIV

Lord our God, we come into your presence and ask you to help us. Help us in every part of our lives, even when we do not understand. Be with us with your Spirit. Guide and lead us with your hand. Let your will be done in all things, even if we must bear suffering. Your will is for good alone and you will set everything right. Help us. Bless us through your Word, through everything we are allowed to hear from you, our God and our Father. Amen.

Dear Lord, our time on earth is short. Please help me realize that it is not the amount of time, but the quality of the time I spend that counts.

bluidkiti
01-28-2014, 09:28 AM
January 29

Prayer of St. Richard of Chichester (1230 A.D.)

Thanks be to thee, my Lord Jesus Christ, For all the benefits thou hast won for me,
For all the pains and insults thou hast borne for me.

O most merciful Redeemer, Friend, and Brother,
May I know thee more clearly,
Love thee more dearly,
And follow thee more nearly
For ever and ever.
Amen.

Meditation

[How we may know Christ more clearly.]

Prayer for Deliverance

Dear Lord, grant me, I beseech you, your divine helping grace. Endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will. You know my misery and suffering. I flee to you, my only hope and refuge, for relief and comfort, trusting to your infinite love and compassion; that in due time, you will deliver me from all the trials of this life and turn my distress into comfort. I rejoice in your mercy. I exalt and praise your holy name, oh Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and forever. Amen.

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

DESTINY

Walk in your destiny trusting the Father God to direct your pathway. All things are possible to him who believes, and God has promised that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. God is your Strength and you are self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency (Philippians 4:13). With God all things are possible.

PRAYER OF AFFIRMATION

Though some trust in chariots (riches) and some in horses (materials things), I will remember the name of the Lord, my God. You shall cause me to be as Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken or moved off course, and I shall walk in paths you have ordained for me. LORD, you surround me from this time forth and forever. In Jesus’ name, I will reach the destination you have charted for me, Father, bringing great glory to your kingdom. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, when I come to a Red Sea experience in my life - no way around, or back, no way but through - remind me that "those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."* Help me, Lord, to learn to wait until all fear is gone, until Your peace floods my soul, until You tell me to "move on."

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (Isaiah 40:31 - NKJV)

My Father, I pray that I may be just and be given to kindness. May I be conscious of my virtues, and use them to overcome my faults. May I hear clearly thy call that I may be sure of the way as I lead others to duty and happiness. Amen.

God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior. Show me how to remove any prejudices so that I may appreciate individuals more for who they are. Inspire me to live in such a way that I may discover you in the people I will meet today. Amen

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart. Deuteronomy 6:4–6, RSV

Lord our God, we thank you that every day – through good days and through days that to us seem bad – we know that our lives are guided by your will, what you do and what you want. For this we thank you. We want to love you above everything in the world. Our hearts long for you, for you are our Father. We want to love and honor you with our whole lives. Lord our God, bring your order into the world. Help us at all times to do your will and to fulfill your commandments. Amen.

Dear Father, I am grateful for Your many blessings. Thank you for opening my eyes to Your truths and for Your many promises to me. I do want to become wiser, so help me to study and understand the Bible. Open my spiritual ears to hear the things I need to understand at this time. Thank you for the knowledge You have already given me, but I desire to know more, so that I might know You more. I want my relationship with You to be closer than ever before. Please give me the desire to pray more and to read the Bible more. Forgive me when I neglect these two very important things. Thank you for the promise of health for me. I receive that promise so that I might be about Your business. How wonderful You are to me and all of Your children. Keep my family and friends in Your health and bless them too. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgivness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.

bluidkiti
01-29-2014, 10:06 AM
January 30

Prayer to Live this Day with God

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank you that I can see or hear your Word this morning. Let me give thanks all day for what I have, especially your eternal love, and forgive me this day when I go astray, by my thoughts or actions; my only aim is to please you, to know and do your will. Guide my every step.

Help me to live this day with wisdom and discretion so that I may not fall short of your glory. Protect me from danger, both in the world and in my attitude. Give me the gift of a clear mind, that I might hear the quiet voice of your Spirit. Help to massage away resentments and blame for things gone by, that would eat my energy and poison my mind; but instead, help me to look to the moment, to what I can do, to work for the future. And let me never become frustrated where I lack control of events, for you are in charge, not me; and I put my entire faith in your power, your knowledge, your plan for humanity.

Your are my leader and my coach, Lord. I am on your team. Help me to keep this in mind for just today, in Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[What it means for God to be in charge.]

Prayer of St. Augustine

Look upon me, O Lord, and let all the darkness of my soul vanish before the beams of thy brightness. Fill me with holy love, and open to me the treasures of thy wisdom. All my desire is known unto thee; therefore perfect what thou hast begun, and what thy Spirit has awakened me to ask in prayer.

I seek thy face. Turn thy face unto me and show me thy glory. Then shall my longing be satisfied, and my peace shall be perfect. Amen.

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen.

Father, by the grace you have given me, I trust you and your promises. You said that you would never leave me nor forsake me. You are always with me, in every personal and business situation. Thank you for the Holy Spirit who is my Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Teacher and Guide. Though fear arises, I will not be dismayed because you uphold me with your victorious right hand in Jesus’ name. You are my Helper. Amen.

Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. Isaiah 45:22-23,NIV

Lord God, we kneel before you and worship you, for you do mighty deeds in heaven and on earth and allow men to become your children and your servants. You have done great things for many people, enabling them to serve you, and you will do still more. For you have promised that the paths of men will be made straight. You have promised that all we do may be a service to you through Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, whom we follow. He will be revealed to the whole world, so that the nations will be called to serve you and your will may be done on earth as in heaven. Praised be your name, Lord our God! We open our hearts to you. We are yours. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for giving us instructions in the Bible on how to have a long and good life. Lord, I know that when I pray and ask You to watch over me and my loved ones, that You hear, and You answer my prayers. You are such a wonderful Father! I am grateful for Your love and watch care. I desire to walk in the pathway of life, so Lord, I would ask that You keep me on that path. Please warn me when I am straying, so that I do not get off the straight and narrow way. I realize that I can be blinded by my own desires and ideas, that at times, look good to me, but might not be good later on. Help me to today, not to be discouraged by what seems like a delay in the answer to my prayers. I know as I continue to look to You in faith, You will prevail in my behalf. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.

bluidkiti
01-30-2014, 09:11 AM
January 31

Prayer at Daybreak (by Archimandrite Sophronios)

O Lord Eternal and Creator of all things, who with your unknowable goodness called me to this life; I have no life, no light, no joy or wisdom, no strength except in you, O God. I entreat you, teach me to pray aright. Purify me from all taint of flesh and spirit. Bless this day which you give to me, your unworthy servant.

By the power of your blessing enable me, throughout this day, to speak and act to your glory with a pure spirit, with humility, patience, love, gentleness, peace, courage and wisdom. Let me be always aware of your presence. By the power of your love, grant me to hold fast to that which is good. Preserve me from every word or deed that corrupts the soul; from every impulse unpleasing in your sight and hurtful to my fellow man, my brothers and sisters. This in Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Now all glory to you, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Lord, I thank you for loving me. Right now I feel weary, but I choose to release my faith by acknowledging you as my Strength, my Rock, my Fortress, my Deliverer and my Shield. Your Word is active, operative, energizing, and effective. I give thanks to you, my Lord, I sing praises to Your name, O Most High, I choose to show forth Your loving-kindness in the morning and Your faithfulness by night for You, O Lord, have made me glad by Your works; at the deeds of Your hands I joyfully sing. The joy of the Lord is my strength, and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to leave spaces in my days for quiet growth, for new ideas, for dreams and new insights, for new perspectives and directions, for listening for Your quiet voice, and sensing Your will for me. ... Let me not limit my quiet time with You, lest I miss out on what Your Holy Spirit has uniquely for me! ... Let me not be impatient, afraid of being becalmed; let me learn to wait until the breath of the Holy Spirit fills my sails, and I can set forth on a course, secure in the knowledge that it is the one that You have charted for me.

Amen.

Lord, show me how to live today with genuine concern for others. In expressing my care, may I show people that they are valued, loved and appreciated for who they are. Amen.

“A Prayer For Genuine Satisfaction”

Father, far too often our minds can be consumed with things that only money can buy which can also bring discontent for that which we already have. Help us to focus our hearts on that which has lasting value, that brings eternal dividends. As we lift our voice to You this day and turn our hearts toward Your unfailing love we find joy and satisfaction that will not be determined by the events or non-events of this day. When human love is fleeting or disappoints help us to look to Your unfailing love which satisfies. We want to listen carefully to You, eat what is good, and delight ourselves in Your abundance. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch. Isaiah 62:1, NIV

Lord our God, we worship you, for you come to meet us everywhere and you reveal your glory on our earth. May we become worthy of you, people who can represent you with our whole being. Give us the strength to endure, even through struggles and temptations. Be merciful to us at all times through Jesus Christ our Savior. May we remain body and soul in his hands, that at last we may come to you, our Father in heaven, as your true children, reborn through the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Dear Father, give me peace, hope and joy. Help me share these gifts with others so they may experience happiness.

“A Prayer For Family Harmony”

Father, You’ve created us as individual human beings and by Your design You placed us in families. Within one family unit there are many different personalities, giftings, and varying interests. Thank you for the important things we learn about sharing, assuming responsibility, working, loving, and forgiving. Help us to do our part in keeping our family of primary importance and taking the time to appreciate those dear ones who make up our family. It is a blessing that only You can give and it is a privilege that we must never take for granted. Make each of us a blessing as we give unreservedly of our love to one another. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Dear Father, Thank you for this beautiful day. As I breath in the fresh air, please help me never forget that each day is a gift.

Prayer for Forgiveness
don Miguel Ruiz
Today, Creator, grant me the courage and the will to forgive the people I love the most. Help me to forgive every injustice I feel in my mind, and to love other people unconditionally. I know the only way to heal all the pain in my heart is through forgiveness.

Today, Creator, strengthen my will to forgive anyone who has hurt me, even if I believe the offense is unforgivable. I know that forgiveness is an act of self-love. Help me to love myself so much that I forgive every offense. Let me choose forgiveness because I don’t want to suffer every time I remember the offense.

Today, Creator, help me to heal all the guilt in my heart by accepting the forgiveness of everyone I have hurt in my life. Help me to sincerely recognize the mistakes I have made out of ignorance, and give me the wisdom and determination to refrain from making the same mistakes. I know that love and forgiveness will transform every relationship in the most positive way.

Thank you, Creator, for giving me the capacity to love and forgive. Today I open my heart to love and forgiveness, so that I can share my love without fear. Today I will enjoy a reunion with the people I love most. Amen.