PDA

View Full Version : hello

dana0102
01-19-2014, 06:54 PM
hi this is my first time posting have a couple of addictions and have been clean for four years am married for 16 years with two school aged children have a lot of stress lately and am going between anger and calm with anxiety have struggled with some addictions but have not given in anyone else with erratic moods how do i handle my anger and anxiety in a healthy way thanks dee:21:

MajestyJo
01-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Welcome Dana, thank you for sharing. Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

My solution to those types of things was prayer. God answers knee-mail. I found it helped to journal. Meetings were a must and connection to my sponsor and people in my support group,

I was told to pray for the person I resented, take walks, especially in nature, preferably not on concrete. Pound a few pillows or anything else handy, as long as it isn't human. Had to pray for the ability to hesitate and meditate, before I acted and reacted. When in doubt pray again, doesn't matter the words you use, but I found out that you can't wear out the Serenity Prayer.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEXOd3kxHxNUpA1VQtb-8BUTjEC_K-BPqJSHoA8su2f3MTzSJFIw

yukonm
01-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi Dee,
Welcome to our community. I am so glad that you found us. Congratulations in your clean time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :42:

rkelly6280
01-22-2014, 11:39 AM
“My name is Rob Kelly, I am an alcoholic and addict!
Today January 10th 2014 I celebrate 2 years clean and sober, this is the longest I have been clean and sober since I was 12 years old, & I am 51.”

For me the journey into darkness began after being physically and sexually abused.

I sought to fill the hole inside me with alcohol, drugs, sex, a successful career as a teacher, coach, and contractor, my marriage, as a parent, and an active Church member.

Gradually I lost them all and I put a hand gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger… the firing pin dropped and hit the primer… nothing happened…

I didn’t realize it but God had a plan for me.

The pain and darkness, the desperation, the self loathing spiraled out of control.
in total surrender I cried out to God!!!
Help me, I cant live like this anymore, I want whats real!
If you are real you have to show me!!!

From that earnest plea, that small act of faith, God did respond in a way that changed my life.

Today I have a peace and serenity in my life that comes by the grace of God, Jesus His only Son is my Lord and Savior and I have been redeemed through the salvation he supplies.

There is hope in him, please know this.

This is a very abbreviated version of my story.

If I can share my story anywhere or help you or a loved one struggling in darkness please let me know.

Remember my God always responds to faith. I am given a daily reprieve based solely on the maintenance of my relationship with the God that created the universe and breathes stars into being!!!!

Thank you for letting me share.

Rob.

yukonm
01-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Hi Rob!!
Congratulations on 10 years sobriety, that is AWESOME!! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am so glad you are here. We support and encourage each other in recovery and I am looking forward to hearing more from you soon. Welcome to our community!!
:67:

MajestyJo
01-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5JqXA2VOSDb2K-S3C6Oad_TrBqThs_wOOHdreXpN6jVd8rM6GUg