PDA

View Full Version : Members Comments For The Readings - 2014

nemritr
01-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Truely this is the first day of the rest of my life and in the sum of the days remaining I can count on my life getting better and better with each day I remain in sobriety because God has given me hope and faith and a wonderful new life as I try to follow His will for me as best I can for today.

MajestyJo
01-05-2014, 07:21 AM
"You can't brag that you're humble ... and be humble." --Terry McEwen

This reminds me of what I heard a long-timer said when I was about 6 years sober.

If you say you are humble, you are not! Then he proceeded to say, "I am your humble servant. He had 26 years sober at the time. I am so grateful for these long-timers who passed the message on to me.

It is awesome when I recall something I heard 16 years ago and find it is still there. My God is good, He gives me what I need in today.

The words 'God works in mysterious ways' is not found in the King James Bible. This saying comes from a hymn by William Cowper. The line in the hymn is 'God moves in a mysterious way His wonders to perform'.

scruielouie
01-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Just wanted everyone to know I corrected the readings for January 4th. Thank you Cabotjeff for letting me know of the error. Have a great weekend everyone! :)
Thank you for these readings. I have only been sober for 41 days but in the right direction. Louie

Lancer
01-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Glad to have found and joined this, looking forward to its help in my sobriety

Anna
01-06-2014, 06:43 AM
Grateful to have found these readings all in one place. Many thanks!!

j.dubbs11
01-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Stay warm and sober today. From Chicago...

TomT
01-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Thank you as always for the inspiration. Words have power and heeding the right message can help change everything.

BW1
01-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Hi Anna

So glad you found us

Welcome!!! feel free to browse around...there is a lot more to be found

Hope you come back often

sd030397
01-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Thank you for taking the time and effort to post these. What help they are.

salvino
01-09-2014, 05:00 AM
Morning all may we all have the faith we need to face all our fears.

raidie
01-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Great readings today! I will value the life and people God has placed in my life! I'm thankful for another day of sobriety, and the opportunity to live this day knowing I have a future!
Thanks for letting me share!
Have a fabulous day! May God bless you! :D

raidie
01-18-2014, 05:37 PM
It's always need ce to log on and find words of encouragement to keep me on the right track! At a women's retreat and it's definitely a growing experience! I'm so out of my bubble!!! But again I come here and there are words to help me thru! Thank you!! :)

leonmayiilove
01-20-2014, 08:45 AM
God bless everyone. Thank you sharing the readings with me. They help me in day to day life. Have a blessed and peaceful day.

seekingpeace
01-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Thank you for sharing the Daily Recovery Reading!

seekingpeace
01-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Great readings today...thank you for sharing!

leonmayiilove
01-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Thank you for the help. These readings really help me to stay sober.

gina2840
01-23-2014, 01:24 PM
I haven't writen a post in a long time. I am so grateful for the progran and the fellowship of AA. I live a peaceful life today. Thru the years, I learned to take care of myself and today I love myself. Today I have deep faith and I trust the Devine a way that I could never do before. I can wait on the Devine. Even when all around me seems to crumble. I am not anxious I trust I no longer have to control things for what I think the out come should be. My life is easier and blessed. We are all theDevine's miracles.I am never alone. If I get a little lonely, I have great friends who bring sunlight to my heart. I hope to post a little more, love a little more, forgive and give a little more.....

Thank you:D

AngelBud
01-28-2014, 02:03 PM
I find a great peace in knowing that all the time and energy I put into self destruction and humiliating myself was not entirely a waste...countless times I have found myself saying "****, I've wasted so much time! If I could go back I would have focused on school more, not drank or used." Yet my drinking and drugging has served a great purpose in shaping me into the person I am today and I hardly call that wasteful! Furthermore this "wasted" time is going to aid in connecting me with other alcoholics on multiple levels! Wow! Changing my perspective, my alcoholism has turned out to be quite a blessing....hahaha in disguise:)!

raidie
01-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Great readings today! Thanks so much for being a part of my sobriety!
Feeling truly blessed to be alive today! :1:

MajestyJo
01-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Welcome Angelbud, thanks for signing in and sharing.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTppoh1nWV11DCMGbP1KUybN_j83Bo8K _urSiblriRNooL0oRPRsw

Chance
01-30-2014, 04:48 PM
Thank you all for your service and dedication! :33:

Bless5488
02-06-2014, 06:34 AM
Tammy thanks for the links to the removed reading!!! When theres a will theres a way!!!

bluidkiti
02-06-2014, 08:10 AM
If you have a positive comment you would like to share about the readings, please feel free to do so here.

Mattbucs
02-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Thank you so much for sharing the readings. Like my medicine I have to take every day, the readings are part of my morning . It sets me up for my day and helps me remember why I am sober today. Thank you!

fifth
02-11-2014, 03:58 PM
thanks for the links but please note that walk in dry places link is not working properly.

bluidkiti
02-12-2014, 08:02 AM
I just clicked on that link and it is working for me.

willbe275
03-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Hello my family, I missed posting my Words of wisdom on the
main Daily Recovery Reading Page, I am a creature of habit,
and I like keeping it simple, sometimes I resist change,
but that is one thing that is guaranteed to all of us is changes.
With that said I'm still not use to the daily recovery reading
page the way it is formatted now, and I have been reading it through
my e-mail, thank you Tammy for e-mailing it to me everyday.
I have not posted any words of wisdom on my thread lately, seems like
too many people are not reading it, but I will resume posting again very soon.
Stay bless my family and God bless.

W.O.W:170:

kathy7744
04-11-2014, 03:22 AM
Thank u for posting these each day. They are a great way to start the day.
:172:

willbe275
04-13-2014, 09:39 PM
When the unexpected knocks us down, we are being called to remember who we are. If we are unable to remember, we ask for support from others and especially from God within. In and through all things, the power of God guides, supports, and comforts us.

W.O.W:170:101

willbe275
07-28-2014, 12:26 PM
The daily recovery reading today 7/28/14 was really on time today
For me and my sister in recovery who is also my sponsor,
we read it together and all we could
say was WOW.

W.O.W;)

MajestyJo
11-14-2014, 09:21 AM
November 14

Today's Thought:

Just because someone has their butt parked in a chair at an AA meeting doesn't mean they are working a good program or even that they are a decent human being for that matter. It's quality of sobriety I look for in a sponsor not how much "time" they have.

Submitted By:

Vicki

Found this to be very true, as they say quality not quantity can be seen in the rooms. There are people in the rooms that show me how not work my program and other who show me, that the program work when I work it. One person I met, relapsed every five years because he refused to do a complete 4th Step and as he told me, it was his Roman Catholic beliefs that got in his way. He died during his last relapse that never allowed him to make it back to try again. He had been around the program off and on again for 20 years.

MajestyJo
11-17-2014, 11:59 PM
For me, that would read, the "yet agains."

I could stop, but couldn't stay stopped. My ex-husband stayed stopped for 9 months. It was good for him, after all he had the problem. I stopped to support him and encourage him and yet the words that came out of my mouth were, "Would it bother you dear if I had a glass a wine with my friend tonight dear?" The truth was, the one who couldn't stay stopped. I found out he had a drinking problem and was a drunk. I had a thinking problem and was the alcoholic.

MajestyJo
11-18-2014, 08:30 AM
November 18

Today's Thought:

Personally, I don't care whether people are "real" alcoholics or not. What I care about is whether people with this affliction can be relieved of their suffering. I just today observed, very closely, some of that suffering and it's a very, very ugly and painful thing.

Submitted By:

Kevin

Had a friend who use to share about the fact that he was a real alcoholic. When he arrived at his first meeting he was decked out at his first meeting he wore, leather and studs, with lots of zippers and attitude and he would say things to shock me like the fact that he shot up alcoholic to get it to work faster. When he got his first year pin, he wore gray pants, a gray striped shirt, a small stud in his ear, and he was going around in later years and saying things like, "Take what you need, but take what you don't need and put it on a shelf, because you might find someone who may need it, and you can pass it on to them."

MajestyJo
11-22-2014, 02:02 PM
November 22

Today's Thought:

It would be pretty unreasonable to think that somehow all that damage to myself was magically erased just because I didn't drink for awhile, right? Of course my "self esteem" was low. How could it be otherwise? The Steps were the answer for me. All 12 of them.

Submitted By:

Jeff

This reminds me of the guy from NA who repeatedly asked me what Step I was on. "Today is a good day, I only needed Steps 1, 2, and 3, some days I need all 12." I can't, God can, just for today, I choose to let Him.

MajestyJo
11-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Fear of Giving

It is often the fear of rejection, which makes us afraid to give of ourselves. The person who is reluctant to share at a meeting may be holding back because of this fear. To share is to reveal who we are and where we are. If we feel inadequate, we do not want to expose this imagined inadequacy to other people.

If our self-image is too grand and inflated, we cannot possibly live up to it in reality. Expecting ourselves to be perfect sets us up for frustration and fear, since we know deep down that we do not measure up to our image of perfection.

With humility comes the willingness to give of what we have and what we are right now, without waiting until we are more eloquent or more accomplished. What we have to share is what someone else needs to receive. By focusing more on the needs of others and less on the imaginary concept of ourselves, which is our ego, we learn to overcome our fear of giving. What we have to give now is enough for today.

May I not be afraid to give.

Have had a real big fear of running out, especially of food, because I had a few very lean years. Thanks to the program, I have found that where there is enough for one, there is enough for two.