PDA

View Full Version : I'm Pushkin, new to this.

Pushkin
02-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Good evening.

I'm Pushkin an alcoholic / addict. Nearly 9 months sober / clean.

English and living in England.

I've been in rehab three times in the last couple of years, 28 days, 11 days and 14 weeks in the summer of last year.

Addiction has taken its toll on me and my family. Today I'm grateful for the things that recovery has taken away from me.

I'm totally new to this world. This is my first post, thread, blog or scribble. I have never tweeted, or facebooked.

I like the anonymity as it helps me to be honest.

I am in service positions at my AA and NA meetings and am anonymous. I can try and be me for the first time since childhood. My wife and children are cool with that today.

Thanks, whoever reads this, for helping me do something I can't do on my own. Wherever you are be safe.
P.

MajestyJo
02-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Welcome Pushkin, thank you for signing in and saying hello. I am in Canada, and it gives me a good feeling to know that no matter where we go, we have a common goal, to stay clean and sober.

I need the program now just as much as I did when I entered the doors of recovery. It is one day at a time. I just have different sets of issues in today. I lost the desire to drink and drug, but I still have the thinking and have to work on my emotional sobriety daily.

Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_lWruEOcqqINyL4LwGbJguqNT5jwR3 3Jw-Ty78N5OSwQkXYLPJA