PDA

View Full Version : Family Symphony

MajestyJo
02-26-2014, 07:52 AM
Wednesday, February 26, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

From harmony, from heavenly harmony,This universal frame began . . .
—John Dryden

Our family is like a small orchestra. Each of us has an important part to play. To achieve harmony we tune in to how others are sounding. We recognize that every orchestra needs a conductor, a center for direction. We rely on our Higher Power for this support and guidance, and we realize that our family's music exists in time. It changes, it passes, and we begin a new song. Our music comes and goes. It is not carved in marble. It is a free expression of family love.

No one of us has to play alone, because we are an ensemble. The time for soloing comes later. Today we rejoice that we can play together.

How can my music add to the family's symphony today?

So seldom we forget to look at our role in the play of things. We can get caught up in what other's aren't doing or are doing, especially things we don't think they should be doing, that we forget to step up the the plate and do our part.

My son once said to me, "I am still your son, look beyond the disease...." Unfortunately, he only wants me to see what he wants me to see. He doesn't realize, that I have been where he has been and continues to be. He doesn't think I understand, when in fact, I thought I wrote the original score. I didn't write the original, the song was song long before I came into being and I just continued on "role playing" wanting to fit in and belong, not knowing that I had to go within instead of going outside of myself to find my instrument of faith and well being.