PDA

View Full Version : graditude

HTELLONE
02-28-2014, 02:16 PM
So grateful to have found this site and all the wonderful readings and thoughts.
Grateful to be sober and found my Higher Power who lead me again to a relationship with God. I need everyday to remember who I am. Today my life is good for that I thank God.:lighthouse::lighthouse:

LookingOut
02-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Welcome to the site! :D

MajestyJo
03-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Thank you for sharing, when I came into recovery, I didn`t have a good relationship with God. I was angry at Him and gave Him the cold shoulder treatment. Finding the program helped me to renew my relationship to something that was better than any connection I had ever had with Him, even when I dedicated my life to God at the age of 18.

Gratitude is such a big thing. My sponsor told me early in recovery, "A grateful alcoholic/addict will never have a reason to pick up." One thing I will never forget and always be grateful for, was the message, "If you have one hand in the Hand of God and the other hand in the hand of a recovering alcoholic/addict, I don't have any hands available to pick up."

I just had a thought, an old tape from my mother, "The Devil makes works for idle hands." Thanks to recovery, I know my hands can be still as long as I don't put my hands into the Devil's Work.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdHrczs6-U4Vaw0iM3qy7a-3ilW-X6vyPLS7_Pn1axJZeVStu6zQ