PDA

View Full Version : starting sober living

Traci
03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Hi! I really need Gods help as i begin sobriety. I found this site and will mainly lurk until i get a laptop. Ive only a phone. My fiancee is trying to live sober too. Plz lift us up as God is my only hope. My drug use got so bad, i shiver thinking about it. I need healing so bad. Ty all!

LookingOut
03-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the site! There are some great readings here and some good sharing. You're not alone. :D

MajestyJo
03-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Welcome Traci, a lot of good recovery material here. You may have a drug of choice or be like me, my drug of choice was more! There is a lot of recovery material here, even if you are not an alcoholic, the word can be substituted with something else. I am an addict, who used prescription drugs, alcohol, men, food, relationships, work/busy, codependent, adult child of an alcoholic, and had a father who died from his alcoholism, my mother died at the age of 40 as a result of her food addiction, and I have a son who is a self-admitted alcoholic and crack addict.

I came to learn it wasn't the substance I picked up, it was an inanimate object until such a time as I chose to pick it up. I have a disease. It was the thinking behind the drinking and drugging that kept me sick. My dis-ease long before I picked up a substance. I had my first drink was a stolen glass of communion wine. I remembered that Ahhhhh! feeling when it hit bottom, and searched for that feeling all of my life. I was brought up in a very strict Christian home and had no access to it. My father went out to drink, and after my Mom died, I became his drinking buddy and used him as my supplier, I would go to the liquor store and bring it home and help him to drink it. I told myself I was saving him from himself.

My first addiction was coca-cola at 14, because it for forbidden, and then when I added alcohol, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. What was my friend became my enemy and just for today, I choose not to use any mind-altering substance that will take me out of myself to make me feel better. I was no longer the great I am, and found I couldn't put people, places, and things there, they became my 'god' and stood between my God's Love.

Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXnVnvVzjzbH0bkcZ_3ACfODiBIGrYm EVoq_u-G8emIzdpi1k8

Traci
03-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the site! There are some great readings here and some good sharing. You're not alone. :D

Thank You for the warm welcome! I noticed the good reading materials. Its important to start my day here. Ty again!

Traci
03-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Majesty, are we siblings? I drank with dad too! U sound very similar to me. Im quite excited to be sober today. But i had trouble posting cuz of this phone. But i intend to start each day here. When my laptop happens we can talk more. God really helped me previously w sum issues i had. Yet im willing yo use all resources. But i can tell you, much Healing comes from Him!

Have a blessed day, to the both of you!

MajestyJo
03-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Yes it does, thanks for sharing. He is the Master Healer, but often we forget that or take it for granted, or just expect it to happen without doing our part. I had to acknowledge my God and ask. He gave us freedom of choice. We know what is for our Higher Good, but I know I didn't care or turned aside any Good Orderly Direction because it wasn't what I wanted.

Over the years I have been guilty of saying to friend, "Since when have you known to do what is good for me." I can still find myself trying to walk the fence, straddle the fence, and hop over it, to get what I want and make it happen, forgetting that the fence is there for a reason.

Look forward to sharing more with you.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWLzF6QrhPi_aGj7nXImxAZeLvl1vrP PAssZvGLGKTQs8a0dCUaQ