PDA

View Full Version : old but new

bjk436
03-31-2014, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone, I am new to this site but so glad to have found it. I am 25 years sober thanks to the grace of God and AA. However, length of sobriety doesnt guarentee serenity if we rest on our laurels. My life is out of balance so my serenity and emotional sobriety is as well. I have gotten complacent in my spiritual life which I believe is my core problem. I have committed to getting back on track which of course includes daily prayer and meditation - which is why this website is such a blessing because I now have recovery readings in my pocket! Thanks so much for this website which will help me get back on track! :)

MajestyJo
03-31-2014, 10:37 AM
Welcome bjk436, thank you for signing in and saying hello. Sometimes we forget that this is a one day at a time program, and what got us here, doesn't keep us clean and sober in our minds. A relapse starts before we pick up if we don't maintain our sobriety. I have been where you are at, and as my sponsor says, "Get back to basic." Thanks for the reminder.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/website-welcome/0183.gif

bluidkiti
04-14-2014, 10:58 AM
:67: bjk, :17: Congratulations on 25 years! :29: I am happy that you have joined us. I hope you will continue to come and share your experience, strength, and hope with us. Have a great Monday! :D