PDA

View Full Version : Daily Prayers - April

bluidkiti
03-31-2014, 11:26 AM
April 1

Prayer to Live with Jesus

Dearest Jesus, work another miracle, a prodigy of grace. Make my soul a beautiful, living Tabernacle where You will ever dwell. Let me never leave You alone, but remind me to return hundreds of times in the day and have a word with You. Amen.

Meditation

[My soul is a tabernacle for Christ.]

Heavenly Father, You knit me together in my mother’s womb, knew me, and approved of me even before I was born. Wonderful are Your works, and I hold fast to this knowledge. I will not keep silent, but bring the Good News of relief and deliverance to others who do not know You. I was born for such a time as this to fulfill my destiny in the Kingdom of God. I take my place a member of the Body of Christ. Thank You for loving me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

My Lord, I thank thee for the wisdom and love that is spoken through the lives of strong men and women. Grant that I may be willing to learn of them, and gladly serve where I am needed, remembering that thou art Lord of all. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your daily provision. You have been gracious to me and my family. I am truly grateful. Lord, I pray for those today who may have been caught up in the deception of trying to obtain wealth in the wrong way. Deliver them and guide them in Your ways. Teach us all to use our money wisely and to give when You speak to us to give, and to help when there is a need. Lord, deliver Your children from greed and lust. Take anything out of my heart that would keep me from following You completely. Deliver us from evil. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord, Help me to remember that nothing is going to happen today that you and I together can't handle. Amen.

For Those Who Suffer From Substance Abuse

Our most loving God, may you shower your blessings on those of us who suffer from chemical dependency. You know how much of a battle it is sometimes to stay clean and sober. Lord Jesus, please watch over us this day and smile upon those who are addicts and alcoholics. In Jesus' name. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-01-2014, 09:13 AM
April 2

Now to him who is able to keep us from stumbling and to present ourselves blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Jesus, Friend and Brother,
may we know you more clearly,
love you more dearly,
and follow you more nearly,
day by day.

Dear heavenly Father, I do appreciate Your counsel and guidance every day. Thank you for Your love and watchcare over me and my family. Lord, I desire Your true riches above all other things in this world. I ask that You strengthen me so that I might obey You in all things. I do want Your righteousness first and foremost in my life. Cleanse me of the things that would prevent me from receiving all that You desire to do in my life. Lord, help me to be as bold and courageous as David was when I am up against the enemy's attacks. I know that through the power of the Holy Spirit, I can do all things by the strength that Christ supplies. Lord, I declare I will not be robbed of anything that You have entrusted to my care. Give me the grace to prevail over the enemy when he attempts to rob me. I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Guide me Lord. You are my heart. You are my strength. You are my hope. Teach me Lord, and guide my way. I love You more each passing day. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-02-2014, 09:36 AM
April 3

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I thank you this morning for all that I have. Even if I have problems with my health, I am alive today. If I have money problems, I will eat today. I have clothes to wear, a roof to protect me, and air to breathe.

Let me never take for granted these gifts of life, oh Lord, but always remember that they come from you; without you, no man could make the sun shine or the tree bear its fruit. I pray to live this day in joy and thankfulness for what I have, remembering always who made me and who keeps me. In the name of Christ I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[The tree bears its fruit.]

Prayer to Know God's Will

And shall I pray Thee change Thy will, my Father,
Until it be according unto mine?
But, no, Lord, no, that never shall be, rather
I pray Thee blend my human will with Thine.

I pray Thee hush the hurrying, eager longing,
I pray Thee soothe the pangs of keen desire -
See in my quiet places, wishes thronging -
Forbid them, Lord, purge, though it be with fire.
Amen.

by Amy Carmichael

Father, I come before You rejoicing, for this is the day that You have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. To obey is better than sacrifice, so I am making a decision to submit to Your will today, that my plans and purposes may be conducted in a manner that will bring honor and glory to You. Cause me to be spiritually and mentally alert in this time of meditation and prayer, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord, we ask that we may have the vision to see when something is not right and then try to do something about it: - that we may notice when someone is unhappy or isn’t well, and set out to encourage them; - that we may notice when someone feels left out, and then do what we can to help them feel part of things; - that we may notice when something needs to be done, and then get on with it. Lord, we ask that we may notice all that is around us, and live in a positive and cheerful way. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do thank you for the encouragement that You bring, when at times, I am tempted to become discouraged in certain situations. I am greatly encouraged when You do answer my prayers. You truly are a faithful God that hears and answers our prayers. I am amazed at times, when I have totally forgotten a prayer that I prayed years ago and suddenly it comes to pass. Lord, encourage my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and answer their prayers that have been prayed according to Your will. Send hope to those who need it and give them faith to believe You for their answers. Help me to respond to those who disagree with me in the manner that You would have me to respond. Fill me with Your love, and empower me with Your Holy Spirit to do Your will in every situation. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

A Prayer for Being Grateful

Lord God, may we be grateful for our lot, and compassionate toward all those who are suffering every kind of distress at this difficult time. May we hold back nothing, and hasten to be the ministers of prayer and mercy, like the disciples of Him who went about doing good in times of need.

bluidkiti
04-03-2014, 11:23 AM
April 4

Prayer for the Morning

May all I do today begin with you, O Lord. Plant dreams and hopes within my soul and revive my tired spirit: be with me today. Be at my side and walk with me; be my support, that your hand may be seen in every action I take, that your goodness may be in every word I speak, and that your spirit may inhabit my every thought. Make my thoughts, my work, and my very life blessings for your kingdom. In Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[Plant dreams in my soul.]

For a Blessing on the Families of the Land

Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who sets the solitary person in the comfort of families; I commend to your continual care the homes in which your people dwell. Put far from them, I beseech you, every root of bitterness, the desire of boastful vanity, and the pride of life. Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness. Knit together in constant affection those who, in holy wedlock, have been made one flesh; turn the heart of the parents to the children, and the heart of the children to the parents; and fill us all with true love and charity, so that we put aside petty differences and act with kind affection and the sympathy of brotherly love; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

My Father, may I not err in choosing thy benefits, nor fail from the neglect to use them. Make me appreciative of all thy gifts, and, through thy wisdom and power, may I find the best use for them. Amen.

Father, sometimes I am too quick to draw conclusions about other people, and I fail to see many of the qualities in individuals. Remove from me any prejudices that might lead me to think of myself as “better” than someone else. If anyone should be negative towards me, inspire me to remain positive towards them. Because we are all different, there are many things I need to learn from others, and so I ask for the gifts of understanding and wisdom and a clear vision that will lead me to treat others as I would like them to treat me. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do thank you that You have given us Your Word and wisdom. Help us to walk in Your ways so that we will avoid the traps of the enemy. Lord, I am thankful that by following Your commandments You have prevented the devil from harming me. I do ask for Your protection over all of Your children. Lord, help me today to walk in love and be a good witness to all that I come in contact with. Help me to be sensitive to Your Spirit and respond to the things You ask me to do. Give me the courage and strength to do all that You ask of me. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer for Protection

Visit this place, O Lord, and drive far from it all snares of the enemy; let your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in peace; and let your blessing be upon us always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The almighty and merciful Lord, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, bless us and keep us. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-04-2014, 11:16 AM
April 5

Prayer for the Work of This Day

Almighty God, thank you for the work my hand may find this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer you my work, as well as I may accomplish it, as praise. Amen.

To Live in God's Presence

Dear God, I know you are with me now. I know you are with me any time I call on you, or even think about you. Let me remember, every minute of every day, that you are with me, watching me, ready to help, protecting my soul even when the things of this world give me pain.

Let my every minute be lived in your presence. Let my every action be an offering of love to you. Let my every word be a prayer. Amen.

Meditation

[God is with me right now.]

Lord Jesus, I am looking and listening, and I am in the spirit. You have knocked and I have opened the door. Come into my heart and let us eat of the living bread and drink from the fountain that never runs dry. Today, I rejoice in You and I am exceedingly glad. Glory and honor belong to You, my Redeemer, my Elder Brother, my Lord. It is no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me, and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God. My beloved is mine and I am His. Amen.

Lord forbid that I should fear to change for the better or be so pleased with myself and the things which surround me that I feel no need for a higher life. Make me dissatisfied if I am not trying to grow in truth and to live in noble deeds. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I praise you for all of Your goodness to us as Your children. I am blessed to know You and to follow You. Lord, help me to make wise decisions in all the things that I daily face. Give me Your love for all that I meet. Lord, in all of my affairs, help me not to procrastinate in dealing with the responsibilities that are before me. I do need Your guidance to know the things that should be priorities in my life, as sometime I do not know what needs to be taken care of first. Help me, in all my daily activities at home and at the office, to demonstrate Your nature. I ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Save me from my pride, Lord,
My focus just on me;
Help me learn to serve, Lord,
Show me how to be.

bluidkiti
04-05-2014, 12:21 PM
April 6

Prayer for the Morning

Holy Father, who watches over your children by night and by day; blessed Jesus, my food and my strength; sweet Holy Spirit, the light and guide of my soul; I thank you for this new day and pray that you will watch over me. May my thoughts, my words and actions reflect the Spirit that dwells within me. And may every minute of my life celebrate the gift of grace, earned by the blood of Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Meditation

[Jesus is our food.]

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus I ask You to preserve my life according to Your word. I recounted my ways and You answered me; teach me Your decrees. Let me understand the teaching of Your precepts; then I will meditate on Your wonders. Strengthen me according to Your word. Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through Your law. I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on Your laws. I hold fast to Your statutes, O LORD; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free. You are awesome and I praise You, my Redeemer and Friend. Amen

Loving Father, help me to live a simple and noble life. Grant that I may have the blessedness that comes through peace, and escape the misery that comes from cruelty and untruth. Through my life may what I reap show that I have been careful in choosing and cultivating what I have sown. Amen.

Lord, inspire me to give of my best and make good use of the talents you have given me. Show me how to be positive in attitude, appreciating and valuing others, always being ready to encourage and give praise. Sometimes I draw conclusions about people in terms of what I think is meant by “success” and “failure”, but the “failure” of one person might count as a great “success” of someone with other talents. Lead me never to judge people but to accept others as they are, knowing that it is together, each with our differences, that we build up your Kingdom. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-05-2014, 12:21 PM
April 7

Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, thank you for this beautiful day. Look after me and protect me throughout the day. Give me the wisdom to see and experience Your world in all its beauty. Let me experience the wonder of your creation.

Protect my family and those closest to me. Let me share with the world today, learning, growing, and contributing, and make the world a better place for all who know me, and for those who don't. Amen.

Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared. Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good. How I long for your precepts! Preserve my life in your righteousness. Amen.

My Father, if I am to-day without happiness, may I go in search of it. Help me to remember that the will thou hast given me to overcome evil with good I may use to overcome misery with happiness. Make me careful that I may not be trapped by selfishness as I look for joy. May I delight in the sweet sensations that are felt in having consideration for others, and may I make kindness a daily habit. Amen.

Lord Jesus, you invite each of us by name and you call us “friends”. Lead us to show as much respect and care for others as we would like them to show for us. Help us to look for and bring out the best in all who share our lives this day. Amen.

Lord our God and our Father, we thank you for giving us the Holy Spirit, who binds us to you. Give us continually afresh something of this Spirit so that we can go forward with light shining on the paths we must follow on earth. Grant us your Spirit, grant that light may break into our whole life and we can rejoice because we experience so much of what you are doing. For through the power of your Spirit you can help us toward your future and all that is to come, that we may live not only in time but in eternity. Amen.

Father as we begin this new day, we give You thanks for Your reminder to us of Your loving promises. You are faithful and will not disappoint us when we place our full trust in You. Today we ask for strength, comfort, hope, and Your abiding presence to those who have lost loved ones, and are in need of our prayers, and You. Will You wrap Your arms of love around them, and as You carry them through these difficult days may they rest in Your promises? We ask You to help us to be sensitive to their needs, and to be available, but not interfering. Remind us when we need to pray and when to be silent. Amen.

Hold my Hand in Weakness

Lord God, you are my strength. Hold my hand in my weakness and teach my heart to fly. With you, there's nothing to fear, nothing to worry about. Hold me tight in your embrace, so that I can be stronger than the challenges in my life. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-07-2014, 12:33 PM
April 8

Prayer to Use Our Gifts Wisely

Lord, give me each day the wisdom to see which things are important, and which things are not. Show me how best to use the time and talents you have given me. Help me to use all my opportunities wisely, that I may share, through service to others, the good gifts I have received from you. Amen.

If you are with me, O God, who can be against me? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.

Father, I thank You for instructing me and teaching me in the way I should go. Thank You for Your guidance and leadership concerning Your will, Your plan and Your purpose for my life. I hear the voice of the Good Shepherd, for I know You and follow You. In the name of Jesus I bind my feet to the paths of righteousness in which You are leading me for Your name’s sake. Amen

Almighty God, grant that as the fulfillment of the green comes to the withered grass, so thy restoring may come to me with the glory of life that comes in the resurrection of the soul. I trust thee to bring me out of winter's seal, that I may help make the spring. Amen.

Lord our God, we thank you for revealing your rulership, which is for the good of each of us. Each one of us will become what we ought to be when our faith is united with your divine power. Protect this faith in us through every temptation and through all we have yet to endure in this earthly life. Free us again and again for one thing alone, that your kingdom may come into being within us and around us, to the praise and glory of the everlasting truth you have given us in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Help me better myself and those around me.

Father as we begin this new day, we give You thanks for Your reminder to us of Your loving promises. You are faithful and will not disappoint us when we place our full trust in You. Today we ask for strength, comfort, hope, and Your abiding presence to those who have lost loved ones, and are in need of our prayers, and You. Will You wrap Your arms of love around them, and as You carry them through these difficult days may they rest in Your promises? We ask You to help us to be sensitive to their needs, and to be available, but not interfering. Remind us when we need to pray and when to be silent. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your promise of daily provision. You have always been so faithful to supply all of our needs. Lord, help me to be sensitive to the needs of others, and share with them the things that You have blessed me with. Lord, help me not to forget the poor and the hungry, just because I have plenty of food. I pray for the people in the countries of the world who are suffering in famine and war. Lord, send the food and help needed to keep them alive, so that they might find eternal life through Christ if they do not know You. Move on the hearts of Your people to send assistance or go and help. Help Your people to reach out to the world with help and the Word of the Lord so they will come to know You and Your love. I ask in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-07-2014, 12:35 PM
April 9

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me each day of my life to remember to count my blessings and to concentrate on the positive, for it is not what life does to me, but rather my attitude that determines the amount of peace and joy that I experience. I know that all things work together for the good of those who love You and are called by You. Help me to cling to this and always to praise You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, I pray that it may be mine to have the recollection of happy deeds, and not the memory of unkept promises. Help me to remember that one act is worth a thousand intentions, and that memory is the storehouse that supplies old age. Make me careful of my memory, that it may not be burdened. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your love and grace that empowers me to overcome the fear and pride that comes against me. Lord, I do humble myself before You, asking You to be merciful to me and all of my family. We need Your love so that we can overcome evil with good. Lord, help us each, in our families and our offices, to become more like You. Give us patience and forbearance with one another. Let us be gentle and kind to all, and especially may we be so in our own homes. Help us guard our mouths so that we speak gracious things about one another. Help us to build one another up and never to tear down others with our mouths. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord in whose steps we desire to follow. Amen.

Earthly Relationships

1 Corinthians 7:36-40 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=1+Corinthians+7:36-40&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, head of our one enduring spiritual family,

We live in our bodies and in families and we have strong needs for these very human things.

Thank you for consenting to our involvement with these, as long as we possess them without grasping or coveting, and as long as we love you more than these.

Whatever freedoms we have, let us exercise them by abiding in the Lord. Grant us the grace to follow Paul's teaching, since he spoke as one having the Spirit of the Lord.

In the name of Jesus I lift this prayer to you. Amen.

“A Prayer For Reaching Our Heavenly Destination”

Father, we find life’s journey to be enjoyable and entertaining in the straight stretches of life where we travel most of the time. Other times we learn to navigate life’s twists and turns, and must exercise steady endurance as we drive through the cavernous potholes that usually appear without notice. Through it all we keep our eyes on the goal of our faith, straining toward what lies ahead, the prize for which You have called us heavenward in Christ Jesus. We can press on, even when circumstances are grim, because our strength comes from You. As the Apostle Paul wrote, When I am weak, then I am strong. In our weakness You become our strength. You are the light that breaks through our gloom and guides our every footstep. We will fight the good fight, we will finish the race, and we will keep the faith as we remain faithful in our walk with You. It is in Jesus’ name that we pray. Amen.

Lord our God, dear Father in heaven, we are gathered in your presence through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Reveal to us our Savior Jesus Christ. May the Savior be revealed to us; otherwise in our need we will never come through. Grant that at this late hour for the world we may see him as he is, and through him and through the kingdom that he brings we may be lifted above the troubles of our time. Strengthen our hearts every day, and fill us with joy because you guide everything on earth as in heaven; in the end you will give us the victory that belongs to the kingdom you have founded. May we be comforted through all eternity in this kingdom, a kingdom far greater and more glorious than all the kingdoms of the world. Amen.

Dear Lord, know with all thy heart that I love you and thank you for each day. Grant me mercy and forgive me when I am wrong.

bluidkiti
04-09-2014, 10:36 AM
April 10

Prayer for the Morning

For the bird who sings outside my window,
For the tree that stands outside my door,
For the neighbor who waves and says "good morning",
I give you thanks dear God, for these and more,

Your blessings every morning know no limit,
Yet I often rush by not seeing them, I fear;
Let me take a moment this and every morning, God, I pray,
To remember all of them, and know that you are here.
Amen.

Meditation

[The blessings I have that I have not earned.]

Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples. Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love, and that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation; Teach me to be Your faithful disciple and animate me in every way with Your Spirit. Amen.

Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus who was made unto me wisdom. I resist confusion about Your will for me, and trust in You, leaning not unto my own understanding. As I acknowledge You in all my ways, You direct my paths. Growing in grace I am learning to trust in You completely, and You will show me the path of life. Confusion is far from me. Thank You Father, in Jesus’ name. Amen

Dear Lord, help me not to be afraid to admit that this is Your world, Your creation, and that You gave me life. ... Help me not to water down my words because some are non-believers, or because some believe in other gods. ... How will they ever know You if we who believe are coerced into keeping silent by those who make civil liberties their creed? ... Oh Lord, let Your Holy Spirit fill me with a holy boldness, and also the wisdom as to when and how to use it.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

My Lord, I pray that I may always be found clothed in love and kindness. Make me worthy to minister to those who may be dependent on me, and whether they be rich or poor, high or low, may I try to help them. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your love and patience with all of us as Your children. Father, we ask You to deliver us from pride and foolishness and give us Your wisdom. Give us the strength to do all that is before us each day. May we do our work as unto You and not unto men. May our labors count for something. Let us lead good and pure lives before those whom we live and work with. Lord, deliver us from the temptation to lie. May truthfulness always be found upon our tongues. Help me to be a good witness to all that I come in contact with. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For A Close Walk With the Lord”

Father, Your steadfast love never ceases and Your mercies are renewed daily. You deliver, heal, restore, and sustain us. Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning. In Your compassion You delivered the Israelites time after time and You do the same for us. We’ve grown to expect it and therefore we often take for granted Your kind provisions, Your delivering power and Your sustaining grace that guides us through each step of our journey. We can walk in confidence because we walk in step with Your Spirit, for Your Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. We need not fear the future but trust You for everything we have need of. It is in Christ’s name that we pray. Amen.

Lord God, unite us with Jesus Christ, the risen and living One. Unite us so that our lives are completely submerged in your will through Jesus Christ. Tear us loose from all that tries to bind us to earth. Make us free people who always lift their heads and look up because their redemption is approaching. Almighty God, we trust in you, however difficult the times may be. Remember all peoples, for it is your will to gather them into your kingdom. You, O God, are our refuge and our help. In you we trust until the end. Amen.

Dear Father, please protect me in my journey and light my way. Forgive me when I do wrong for I am trying.

bluidkiti
04-10-2014, 09:37 AM
April 11

For Strength of Faith

Heavenly Father, every life has its trials, and I have my share. Help me to see the challenges of life as opportunities to test my sincere and single-minded faith and to grow, and endure, and persist despite obstacles in my path. For people who have it easy in life develop no strength. As you have told us, the flower of wealth and fame is short-lived, for the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers it, and its petals fall, and its beauty is gone.

Give me confidence and strength in my faith, Lord, for the reward you give to your faithful is true joy and will never fade, but will remain when all flesh has been corrupted and all the things of earth have faded. Let me hold strong and steadfast through every trial and every temptation. All praise and glory to you, mighty God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Make your home with me today and every day of my life; be with me in all I do. Amen.

Finally, may I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Father God, thank You for sending Your son Jesus Christ that I might have life and have it to the full till it overflows. I receive Your abundant life this day, accepting it in overflowing proportions. Freely I have received; freely I give, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Almighty God, may I have a liberal heart. Grant that I may feel the needs of thy children in all lands; and may I be willing to give of thy blessings, as I am ready to receive them. May my tribute be not only of tender thoughts and kind words, but may I give of myself, and of what I have, as thou hast through love and wisdom done for me. Amen.

God our Father, amidst the vastness of space you treasure mankind and you call each of us by name. You so love our world that, in the fullness of time, you sent Jesus, your Son, to live among us. Inspire us each day to live in wonder and appreciation of all that is around us, and may your love, seen fully in Jesus, your Son, surround us this day and for ever. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your favor in my life. I do not ever want to take it for granted. You have provided abundantly and I am thankful for all of my blessings. Lord, I desire to keep a "child-like" attitude so that I can learn more about You and Your kingdom. Thank you for love and strength for each new day. I know that You will make a way for me to walk in victory this day. I do appreciate Your goodness and grace toward me and those that I am praying for. Bless my friends, family and all of my loved ones. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together can't handle. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for this day and for the protection you have given us. Grant that we may find our joy in your grace and in your love. Help us to become truer followers of Jesus, who came in your love. Be merciful to us and help all those who belong to you. You know them all and the thoughts of their hearts. You know their struggle on earth and the temptations that surround them. Help each one, also those who are still far away from you. Give them hearts open to your Word and to all you have promised. We entrust ourselves to your care this night. Help us and bless us. May your will be done in all things, also in the midst of all the sin and misery in the world. May your will be done on earth as in heaven, and may your kingdom come. Amen.

Dear Father, Praise be to you. With love and kindness I pray that today be full of joy and wonder.

bluidkiti
04-11-2014, 10:23 AM
April 12

Prayer to Change to Better Serve God

Holy God, I believe that you will change people and many things, if asked and if it is your will. Change me Lord, if it is your will, for I would lead a better life. Touch me, I pray, great God whose touch transforms. Reach out your mighty hand to me, and to all who seek you in the name of your Son. Heal us, transform us, and make us whole; reach out your mighty hand to lift us up to serve you; touch me and all of us this very day, O Lord, that our own hands may bring your hope and healing to this broken world. Amen.

Meditation

[God transforms what He touches.]

To Appreciate God's Creation

Lord God, may all of your creation - from the vastness of mighty planets and stars to the lowliness of the smallest living creature I can see - remind me to live in wonder and appreciation of all that is around me. Amen.

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you”; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Father, Your Spirit has anointed us to change our world! Help us to be imitators of You, and bring good news to the poor, and healing to the brokenhearted. Give us loving hearts so we will share Your love bringing freedom to those in bondage. We make it our goal to bring a refreshing to others, and we are refreshed! In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Lord, our God and King, your greatness is seen throughout the earth. When I gaze at the heavens which your fingers have formed, and look at the moon and the stars which you have set there, I realise how small we are in the majesty of your creation. Yet you treasure us above all that you have made, and you give us control over all the works of your hand - animals both wild and tame, birds in the air, and the creatures of the sea. Lord, our God and King, your greatness is seen throughout the earth.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful godly husband that You gave me. I am most appreciative. Help me to be the loving supportive wife that he needs. Forgive me when I fail to live up to the things that a Christian wife should exemplify. Lord, help me to be the person I should be in all of my relationships with others. I thank you for a forgiving heart when I feel I have been wronged by anyone. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and Your love every day so that those in my house will always be blessed. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Savior. Amen.

Lord our God, draw us to yourself. Draw us into the quiet that you give, where something can happen to us and to our hearts. Help us to discern your kingdom surrounding us and in our spirits to live in this kingdom. Then our life will be as if in heaven, where we need not worry or torment ourselves, where your power is everything to us, penetrating our earthly life, which so often weighs us down. We thank you that you have made a way of strength, full of power to hold us firmly, so that even when we stumble, we cannot be turned from the goal. We thank you for all the good that comes from you, which we cannot see in earthly things but which can invade our hearts with such mighty and uplifting power. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for the love you have shown me. Help me carry that love to others so they may benefit from your love.

Dealing With Debt

Lord, I need help. My debt is mounting higher and higher; it’s getting out of control. Please show me creative ways to pay it off, and help me to save and spend with wisdom. I ask for the resources to pay down my credit cards, loans, and other debts. Show me where I can cut back on spending so I will have more funds available. Lord, please clean up this mess I’ve created. Reveal to me ways I can learn from this and begin again.

bluidkiti
04-12-2014, 10:28 AM
April 13

Giver of light, your steadfast love endures forever. Open our hearts to the Blessed One who comes so humbly, on a borrowed colt. Open before us the gates of your justice, that we may enter, confessing in heaven and on earth that Jesus is Lord. Amen.

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day. As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose. Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today. This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul. Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself. Through Christ I pray and live, Amen.

For a Blessing on the Families of the Land

Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who sets the solitary person in the comfort of families; I commend to your continual care the homes in which your people dwell. Put far from them, I beseech you, every root of bitterness, the desire of boastful vanity, and the pride of life. Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness. Knit together in constant affection those who, in holy wedlock, have been made one flesh; turn the heart of the parents to the children, and the heart of the children to the parents; and fill us all with true love and charity, so that we put aside petty differences and act with kind affection and the sympathy of brotherly love; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father God, I arise to new life this day. I shake off the entanglements, hurts, bruises and sins of the past. It’s a new day! Thank You for doing a new thing in my life, Father. Forgetting the former things, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. I have the Life of God in me! Amen.

Dear Lord, as I reflect on this Easter season, let it be the dawn of a new life for me. Let me realize that because You were victorious over sin, disease and death, I too can manifest victory in my life. These no longer give me reasons to fear. ... Give me the faith that comes from reading the Word, and let me seek and receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit, who will lead me into all truth and give me power, comfort and inner peace. Let me find new ways to serve You, to thank You, to praise You. Because You lived and died for me, I can face tomorrow. Because You live in me, today can be worthwhile.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Loving Father, I bless thee for thy love and ministry. May I enter into a broader conception of sharing thy gifts. May I not seek thy blessings to keep, but to use for renewed inspiration. Amen.

God our Father, may all that we see and experience lead us to grow in wonder and respect, that we may value and be thankful for everything in our lives each day. Inspire us to choose wisely and live positively, and make good use of our knowledge and talents, both for ourselves and for the benefit of others. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you that my name is written in the Book of Life. Lord, I pray for all who do not know You as the true and living God. Reveal Yourself to them so that they too, might have eternal life. Lord, deliver those who are in any form of deception that keeps them from knowing You. Father, I also ask that You keep me free from error. Deliver me from all pride and deception. Lord, reveal Yourself to all those who sincerely desire to know the true God. Lord, bless and keep my family and friends in the path of truth. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, O great and almighty One, whose Spirit fills heaven and earth! We thank you that you are our Father and that in you we have a refuge wherever we must go as we serve you on earth. We thank you that your life can be revealed in us and can flow through us so that the world may be blest by you, our loving and caring Father. Protect us and strengthen us in times of trouble and sorrow. When we travel on new paths, give us your Spirit to show us the way, that everything may lead to the good and to your honor. Father, through your Spirit unite us in the unshakable hope that your will shall at last be done on earth as in heaven. Grant that we may rejoice in the certainty that whatever happens, our paths are made level and firm by your love and your faithfulness. Amen.

Dear Father, as I go out into the world guide me so that I may be helpful and understanding. Help me represent your grace and love so that others may understand.

O my God, I know that you love me. And I know that you want me to be happy, safe and secure, But sometimes it's so hard to find you in all my troubles. I know that there are many people worse off than me, But please help me with my problems. I'm so worried, God. Please help me find the support I need. Please help me not to worry too much. Please help me to be humble enough to accept help from others. Please help me to stay away from the "what ifs" and the "if onlys." Please help me to remember to help others, even when I still need help. And please help me to trust in your loving kindness, your care and your grace. Because I know that you love me, and you know that I love you. And if all you want to give me right now is your love, Please let that be enough for me. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-13-2014, 10:20 AM
April 14

Prayer of St. Ephraim the Syrian (350 A.D.)

O Lord and Master of my life, this day, give me not the spirit of laziness, despair, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of sobriety, humility, patience and love to Thy servant.

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own transgressions and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou unto ages of ages. Amen.

Meditation

[Give me not lust for power.]

For the Needy

Dear Lord above, never let me forget about those who are hurting from guilt, shame and other afflictions I may not know about. Show me that I need to remember those who are: sick, imprisoned, lonely, confused, in need of a friend, dying, hungry, spiritually lost in their lives — wandering aimlessly through life. Teach me to comfort my brothers and sisters in their hours of need, wherever they may be. Guide me to look deeply into their hearts and understand.

Teach me to reach out my hands and help them up and feed their souls and hearts with your word, O Lord. Let me never forsake one of my hurting brothers or sisters along life's way. Grant me the strength to carry forth your will and your way in bringing all to you, dear Father. I pray this needful prayer through your blessed Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

And finally, grant me O Lord, I pray, the lamp of charity which never fails, that it may burn in me and shed its light on those around me, and that by its brightness I may share a vision of that holy City, where dwells the true and never-failing Light, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, show me the path You want me to take and point out the right road on which I should walk. Today I deny myself and take up my cross and follow You wherever You may lead. Lead me beside the quiet waters; restore my soul. You are guiding me in paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake. You are my God and I will praise You in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord God, give me the power to control my mind and heart, that I may not be a slave to habits that may keep me from eternal love and blessedness. May I have sympathy and compassion for others, and cherish thy tenderness and mercy as I hold it in my daily life. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the joy that You have given me. I do not want to take the fruit of the Holy Spirit for granted. I am blessed to experience Your love, joy and peace, especially in the middle of my trials. Truly You give us peace that passes all understanding. Father, give me a continued love for Your Word and a desire to study it faithfully. I also need the grace to apply it in my daily life. Help all of Your people to esteem Your Word and honor You by keeping it. May we all declare as David did in Psalm 119:11, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." I ask in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, to you we entrust everything, for you have given us life and will call us to resurrection. You will help your children, your mankind, to reach what you have called them to. Protect your Church on earth. Let her soon see your glory. Let her see Jesus Christ intervening in the lives and destinies of men until, shaken and trembling, they have to recognize that they should love and honor Jesus alone, to your honor, O Father in heaven. We thank you for all you have given us in your Word, which enables us to become your children and to find your way for us on earth. Bless us and give us the Holy Spirit. Protect us this night. Protect us so that nothing evil can harm us. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for showing me the lighted way when my path was so very dark. Please continue to guide me with your light and be my hope in the darkness.

bluidkiti
04-14-2014, 10:10 AM
April 15

To Spend this Day in Thankful Reverence

Holy Father, Holy God, I come before you today in reverence and awe; I am filled with humility in the face of your greatness, your majesty, your holiness, and your power. And to acknowledge my sinfulness in the face of your pure and holy presence fills me with fear. Yet I pray boldly, for you have called me and adopted me as your rightful heir, through the sacrifice of your Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I give you thanks for your mercy with every ounce of my being, and pray that your Holy Spirit might be with me, that I might do your will in every thought and action this day; and that the work of my hands and the words of my tongue might seek your glory, and not my own.

And I promise, with your help and grace, to be fearless in the world; for if you are with me, who can be against me? Let me not hesitate to call upon you, for your power and love will see me through anything this world can bring against me. All thanks and praise be to you, almighty God.

In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[I am filled with humility.]

Prayer of Thanks for This Life

O God in heaven, I was born a weak, defenseless child, but your angel spread his wings over my cradle to defend me. From birth until now your love has illumined my path and has wondrously guided me towards the light of eternity; from birth until now the generous gifts of your providence have been marvelously showered upon me. I give you thanks for every step of my life's journey, together with all who have come to know you, who call upon your name. All glory be to you, O God, from age to age, Amen.

Let me not forget you as I go forth into the world this day, blessed Lord; may my every word be a prayer, and my every act be testimony to your love and truth, and my I know your presence every second of this day. Amen.

Father, I thank You for my friends. We are kind to one another, speaking words of grace into each other’s lives. We are there to laugh and cry together; we trust each other, encouraging one another in the Lord. We confess our faults to one another and pray for one another that we may be healed and restored to a spiritual tone of mind and heart. Thank You Jesus for teaching me how to be a good friend. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your wisdom and guidance each day. It is so exciting to walk in Your ways. I do appreciate the unexpected blessings You bring my way each day. Thank You for the wonderful people You have brought in my life. Lord, give me the discernment to recognize those things that are not of you. Give me spiritual eyesight to see things that are of the enemy so that I might not be fooled by him. Keep me from anger and help me to know Your will so that I can follow You closely in all of my ways. Bless my family and friends and keep them from the wicked one also. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we turn to you. Hear our longing, hear our hopes, hear our faith! Our future lies in your hands. Free each heart from discouragement and sadness over the many evils of the world. Make us free from earthly things, free yet bound in spirit with you, O God. Help us on our pilgrimage toward eternity. As we walk with you, fill us with hope that the whole world will see the light, for in your light alone can we find fullness of life. Protect us and bless us through your Spirit. Amen.

Dear Lord, take my hands and lead me through my journey until the end. I know that I will not be alone. You will be my companion and stay with me in my hour of need.

Child's Grace

God is great and God is good,
And we thank him for our food;
By his hand we must be fed,
Give us Lord, our daily bread. Amen.

- Traditional

BW1
04-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Lord, Make me a woman of Thanksgiving and praise. :13:

Dear Lord, You are my rock and my strength. When I grow weary, let me turn my thoughts and my prayers to You. When I am discouraged, restore my faith in You. Let me always trust in Your promises, Lord, and let me draw strength from those promises and from Your unending love. Amen

bluidkiti
04-15-2014, 09:43 AM
April 16

Prayer for the Morning

Oh God, who has created all things, seen and unseen, this day is your creation and I give thanks to live in it. I pray that I will not shut you out of the day you have made, blinded by the petty concerns of life, but that I may be always open to your presence.

I open my body to you and give thanks for your life that fills and warms every cell of it.

I open my eyes and ears to you and give thanks for the light of your Word, without which I would live in the shadow of ignorance.

I open my heart to you and give thanks for your love that fills me with compassion, understanding, and peace.

I open my soul to you and give thanks for your Spirit, who fills me with wisdom when I take a moment to listen.

All that I am, I open to you and I return to you, giving thanks every moment of my life for the blessings that fill this day. Through Christ I pray. Amen.

Meditation

[I open my eyes and ears to you.]

For Wisdom

Almighty God, I pray for wisdom in these times of uncertainty. I look deep into my heart and soul to find your truth. I pray for comfort in times of spiritual restlessness — as I journey through the murky waters of sin and self-doubt. Lord, I pray for your word to enrich my life and bring me to a closer relationship and understanding with you, through your Son, Jesus Christ. And may all your children be granted the same wisdom, comfort, and the promise of your word throughout their daily lives, that we all can gather in your house and praise you more lovingly and faithfully from this day forward. In Christ's name, Amen.

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Almighty God, may I ever know the generous glow that comes with an overwhelming desire to cultivate the soul. With hope may I find the way through the darkness that leads to immortality, even if I may have to experience the weariness that may accompany it. Amen.

Lord, inspire me always to have genuine care and concern for others, and may people be as generous to me as I am to them. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your promise of protection from the enemy. Thank you for the many times that I have been spared from the evil plans of the devil. I do appreciate Your angels watching over me and my loved ones. I am grateful that no weapon formed against me prospers. Lord, I submit to You, knowing that when I resist the enemy, he must flee from me. Thank you for answering me when I am in trouble and showing me the way out and how to overcome every problem that I face. Lord, help all of Your people to know the promise of Your power to keep us from harm. Strengthen our faith to trust You in all of our ways. Amen.

Lord our God, we come seeking to find community with you and ask you to keep us in your truth throughout all that occupies us in our daily lives. Keep us from growing confused about truths we have already found through the witness of your Spirit in our hearts. Keep us in your truth so that we can hold firmly to our course on earth under the many hardships and burdens that try to drag us down. Help us to remain steady and to find the path that goes straight ahead, leading us on and on to your final goal. Amen.

Dear Father, how I love thee. Thank you for this day. Allow me to see the beauty and wonder that your loving hands have created.

bluidkiti
04-16-2014, 09:16 AM
April 17

Heavenly Father, I bind my mind to the mind of Christ, my will to the will of God and my emotions to the control of the Holy Spirit. I choose to walk according to the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, setting my mind on the things of the Spirit. To be spiritually minded is life and peace. I count myself dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Amen.

My Father, may I not miss my work through indifference and feel it is thy neglect of me. May I be reminded that the enrichment of life comes through persistency and being consistent, and may not be found on the idle paths of extravagant ways. Help me to take up my work with a willing spirit and give my best to it. Amen.

Lord, give me patience and tolerance with everyone. Lord, show me how to be kind and generous to everyone. Lord, help me to live positively and cheerfully. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am so grateful that I know You. You have blessed me greatly, and I am thankful for that goodness toward me. Father, strengthen me to daily walk in obedience to Your commandments. Lord, help me also to be sensitive to the needs of others. I desire to be a giver and reach out and help those who are poor. Help me not to ever demean or look down on those who are less fortunate than I am, but rather let me lift them up and give them hope and encouragement. Help me to trust You for daily provision and to give of those things that I do have. I can always share a smile, encouragement, faith, love and prayers with others. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, I ask for your help as I face today. Please help me and guide me so I may do the right things.

bluidkiti
04-17-2014, 09:05 AM
April 18

Dear Lord, I want to try my wings, to soar; but first, teach me to walk in Your steps, finding that my only real security lies in being in the center of Your will. Only then can my spirit take wings; only then can I be free to become what You want me to be. Only then will I be able to soar in oneness with You, and find an inner peace that transcends my circumstances.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, help me in all my circumstances, and be with me in my daily work. Help me in my efforts, as I endeavor to attain, and may my will be hid in thine. Amen.

Lord our God, you give different gifts to each of us and you are pleased when we use our gifts well. Inspire each of us to reach our potential and use our gifts for the benefit of others. Enable us by the power of your Spirit to grow in faith and in imagination and creativity, living a life for others that is worthwhile. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for Your mercy and truth each day. Thank you for forgiving me and being patient with me when I fail You. I ask for the desire to be more diligent in my prayer life. I need help in my own life and I also need the burden to pray for others who need Your help. I lift up my brothers and sisters in the Lord and ask that You minister to each of them in the area of their lives where they have the greatest need. Encourage those who are weary, give faith to those who are losing hope, grant strength to the weak and health to the sick. Bless all of Your children and keep us all from evil. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that you know us all and that you look deep into our hearts, watching over us in everything we go through, whether easy or difficult. We thank you that we do not stand alone but that you hear the smallest sigh of each of your children. We thank you that darkness must give way to light, distress to joy, and fear to strength and courage. For you lead us through everything; it is what you bring about from your future world, not anything within our sight, that gives us strength and courage and that endures through everything. We thank you from our hearts for your unending gifts, and we are amazed that it was possible for us to receive all this from you. Protect us and keep us childlike, so that we remain in the fellowship that the Lord Jesus has given us, singing praise to him and to the glory and honor of your name. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for all you have done. Please help me and calm the fear in my heart and help me to see the brightness in a future that is unclear.

Revive us again, to thine be the glory. May we be refreshed by the ever refilling of the Holy Spirit. May our souls and spirit sing out of the grace of our everlasting father. Amen. God go with us as we join together in the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ . May we renewed in our strength and fervor as we share the good news once again with the nations of people who need to know you. For what you have done for us at the cross, for the revival of your people and for those things which are to come we give you our thanks, honor and praise and glory belongs to you. Amen

Thank You, Father

Thank you, Father, for bread and meat.
Thank you for the friends we meet.
Thank you for our Moms and Dads.
Thank you for the love we have.
Thank you for our work and play.
Thank you for another day.
In Jesus' name.
Amen.

Morning Light - For this new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, for love and friends. For everything Thy goodness sends, We thank Thee, dearest Lord. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-17-2014, 10:54 AM
April 19

O God and Father of all, whom the whole heavens adore: Let the whole earth also worship you, all nations obey you, all tongues confess and bless you, and men and women everywhere love you and serve you in peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, I pray, Amen.

Father, I thank You for loving me. I have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but I receive the Spirit of adoption by whom I cry out, “Abba Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with my spirit that I am a child of God, and if a child then an heir—heir of God and a joint heir with Christ, if indeed I suffer with Him, that I may also be glorified together with Him. Father, I love You because You first love me. Amen

Dear Lord, You have said: "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full."* ... Help me to realize the significance of Your message -- all that You really want from me is the joy that You experienced on earth, as You lived out the Father's will; You want me to find that same joy. In short, You want what is best for me, and what will bring me to enjoy eternal life with You! ... I may take wrong turns, or I may have to mark time. You may let me suffer illness, hardships or ridicule. However, You never give up in trying to help me to discover that my real fulfillment will only be found in You! ... The choice is mine, isn't it? Help me to truly want all that You desire so uniquely for me!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (John 15:11)

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your many promises of blessings. I am thankful that You are my refuge and I can run to You when I am in trouble. I am also grateful that You keep me from the traps of the devil. Lord, I do love You, and I ask that You cleanse my heart from any thing that is not like You. Strengthen me to walk worthy before You and my fellow men. Lord, restore the "fear of the Lord" to Your people today. Lord, forgive us when, in certain areas, we have become too casual about the things of God. Instill in us, Your people, a reverential fear of Your Holy Name and Word. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, accept our thanks today for all you allow us to learn and to receive from you. Help us, your children, to follow the Savior with a right spirit and with true understanding. Protect us from evil, from all the works of Satan. In our generation may we experience your rulership and your wonders. In the name of Jesus we pray, reveal yourself with power. May your will be done on earth as in heaven, that men may realize they are in your hands and that it is your will to set everything right. Be with us this night. Bless and strengthen us for all the work entrusted to us. Amen.

Father, I belong to you. I place myself anew in your hands and acknowledge you as Master and Lord of my life. Grant me the gift of a forgiving heart and cleanse me of any anger, hostility, or revenge. Heal my hurts and teach me to rely on your love. Grant me wisdom of heart and strengthen me by your grace to move on in faith, in trust, and in love. Thank you, Lord, for your love in my life.

May the grace of Christ, our Savior, And the Father's boundless love, With the Holy Spirit's favor, Rest upon us from above.

Thus may we abide in union With each other and the Lord And possess, in sweet communion, Joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.

To Be Free From Worry
Jim & Kaye Johns
Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will be free from worry...

Help them not worry when things don't go the way they expect. Jesus said we're not to fret, not to worry, not to let our hearts be troubled or afraid. He said we're to trust in You— and also in Him. May it be so in their lives and ministry, no matter how impossible things seem. (John 14:1, 27b)

Keep them from worrying about tomorrow, for each day has enough trouble of its own. When such trouble comes, help them to cast all their anxiety on Christ because He cares for them. (Matthew 6:34; 1 Peter 5:7)

Help them not to be anxious about anything but to pray about everything with thanksgiving—for when they do, You'll give them Your peace that surpasses their understanding, and such peace guards their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6–7)

Keep their minds steadfast in trusting You, and give them Your perfect peace. May they turn to the Lord of Peace who will give them peace at all times, in every way. (Isaiah 26:3; 2 Thessalonians 3:16)

Help them leave every worry at Your feet where it belongs.

In Jesus' name, amen.

bluidkiti
04-19-2014, 09:29 AM
April 20

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to learn to really listen -- to You, to my family, to those around me, and to be sensitive to the "unspoken," for often it is in the "unspoken" that the needs of others are revealed. You are not only heard in a clap of thunder, or in the cry of a newborn infant, but also in the silence of a sunrise and the quiet desperation of an anguished heart. ... Help me to listen, that I may bring Your love and comfort to others. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may develop a "listening heart."

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Eternal God, I thank thee for the seasons which bring abundance and beauty. I thank thee for thy loving care, which is over all and forever. May I behold thy works and make thee a very present help for all my needs, and perceive the joy of thy love through the greatness of the earth. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your grace that abounds in my life. I am most appreciative for Your daily provisions. Lord, help me to overcome the character flaws in my life. May I be angry at the things You are angry about, but Lord, I do not want to be angry in my own wrath. Remove that kind of anger from my life and give me a gentle and patient spirit with all men. Lord, I desire to be controlled by Your Holy Spirit. Bless my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and help each of them to walk in the spirit so that we all may glorify You in the earth. I ask in the lovely name of Jesus. Amen.

A Prayer for Healing

Heavenly Father, You are intimately aware of the struggle I am experiencing -- the pain and the despair. You know the desire of my heart to be healed of this illness.

I ask now for Your healing touch. I know that You are able and that just like in Bible times, You can heal me.

bluidkiti
04-19-2014, 11:58 AM
April 21

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.

Father, that I may treat others as I would like them to treat me. That I may forgive others as I would like them to forgive me. That I may encourage and compliment others in the same way that I would like them to encourage me. That I may see and love in others what I would like them to see and love in me. These things I ask through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your sacrifice on the cross to save me from my sin and deliver me from the curse of sickness and poverty. Lord, strengthen me now, to use the blessing of health to serve You and Your people. Lord, direct me in my giving so that I might help those that are hurting and needy. Guide me in giving to those ministries that are making a difference in the world. Lord, may the gospel of salvation go out to others who have never heard the good news. Help me to be sensitive to the cries of the poor and not turn a deaf ear to any that I am able to help. Lord, may all of Your children rise above selfishness and as a corporate body reach out to the world of needy people. Strengthen us all for that task. I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come into your presence as your children. Give to us all that we need each day, so that we are no longer caught in the turmoil of life but can receive your peace. For you care for us as your children, and we are allowed to go confidently through all the troubles of these times because our way leads to you, the eternal Father in heaven. Keep us from going astray and from spending our efforts on what is temporal and cannot last. Let your light strengthen us in what is of heaven, in what is eternally true for our lives. Amen.

Renew My Mind, Body and Soul

Lord, I come before you today in need of your healing hand. In you all things are possible. Hold my heart within yours, and renew my mind, body, and soul I am lost, but I am singing. You gave us life, and you also give us the gift of infinite joy. Give me the strength to move forward on the path you've laid out for me. Guide me towards better health, and give me the wisdom to identify those you've placed around me to help me get better In your name I pray, Amen.

bluidkiti
04-21-2014, 11:39 AM
April 22

Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[God knows my weaknesses.]

Today, I present my body as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to You, my Father-God. I will not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of my mind, that I may prove Your good, acceptable and perfect will for me. With Jesus’ help I will continually offer my sacrifice of praise to You by telling others of the glory of Your name. I’ll not forget to do good and to share what I have with those in need, for such sacrifices are very pleasing to You, my Father. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the promise of eternal life. I am so thankful that my name is written in the Book of Life. Lord, I pray that each and every member of my family comes to know You and the power of Your resurrection life. Thank you, that as Christians, when it is our time to cross over into heaven, we do not have to fear. Death is the last enemy we shall face, and because You have overcome death and hell, we will not even feel its sting. Lord, we are grateful for the promise that we shall once again see all of our loved ones that are in Christ, because they live in You. Lord, comfort those that have lost loved ones with the knowledge that they shall indeed see them and love them once again in our heavenly home. I ask this in Your Son Jesus' name. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that you give me strength and wisdom to deal with all things that happen today with intellegence and kindness.

bluidkiti
04-21-2014, 01:01 PM
April 23

Prayer for Forgiveness

Heavenly Father, true God, who sent your beloved Son to seek the wandering sheep, I have sinned against heaven and before you; receive me like the Prodigal Son, and clothe me with the garment of innocence, of which I was deprived by sin. Have mercy upon your creatures and upon me, a great sinner, through the miracle of Christ's resurrection and your grace, I pray. Amen.

May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. Amen.

Father, thank You for the Holy Spirit who helps me pray when I don’t know how or what to pray for. I affectionately and gratefully praise your name, thanking you for answered prayer. The Holy Spirit helps me love without hypocrisy. I abhor what is evil, and cling to what is good. I will be kindly affectionate to others with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to others, not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. I rejoice in hope, patient in tribulation, and will continue steadfast in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit who takes hold together with me against my weaknesses. Amen.

Dear Lord, rescue me from myself, my pride, my self- centeredness, and my "woe is me" attitude. Prod me when I am lazy, and convict me when I am wrong. ... Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, and enable me to be the kind of Christian I want to be, the kind that You know I can be with Your help.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, give me a sense of nearness to thee when I may be faltering from weariness in well doing. May I hold to my determinations. Help me to know what is useless, that I may not give unnecessary energy, and to know what is worth while, that I may acquire strength through the power of truth. Amen.

Lord, as you lend me life, lend me a heart full of thankfulness, that I may treasure good friends and be appreciative of all who are part of my life. Inspire me each day to live positively and cheerfully, living in such a way that I express thanks and encouragement to others, so that, together, we may bring out the best in each other. Amen.

Waiting on Each Other

1 Corinthians 11:33-34 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=1+Corinthians+11:33-34&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, giver of bread and wine,
Give each of us perfect courtesy toward others, even more, perfect love. When we come together, may we wait on each other.
May each of us satisfy our hunger at home rather than behave as gluttons in the assembly of your people!
May we come together not to be condemned, but to build each other up, and to be nourished by that bread which is life indeed, Jesus Christ.
In the name of Jesus, who is the daily bread and wine of our lives, I ask. Amen.

Dear Lord, allow me to help others and show them kindness. Help me not to take things personally and show kindness even when I am not shown kindess in return.

bluidkiti
04-23-2014, 09:39 AM
April 24

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me.
Amen.
Meditation

[This blessed day.]

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.

And finally, may the grace of Christ our Savior, and the Father's boundless love, with the Holy Spirit's favor, rest upon me, and all of us, from above. Thus may we abide in union, with each other and the Lord, and possess, in sweet communion, joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to search my heart today to see if I am really living what I say I believe. Give me the courage to look at the REAL me, and with Your help, the strength to change whatever separates me from You. Create within me such a love for You that I will not count the cost.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Loving Lord, we need the power of your Spirit in our lives to build on what is good, and to help change what needs to be changed. We pray that we may be faithful in responding to your call to grow as the people you have called us to be, that we may ring out your praises through the way we live each day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the godly men and women that You put me under in my life to teach me Your ways and learn a submissive spirit. Lord, I desire to always walk in submission, and not yield to the temptation of wanting my way. Lord, I know at times, that I may be right about something, but Lord, help me to maintain a submissive spirit while discussing those kinds of issues. Deliver me from pride and anger. May the issues be resolved by You having Your way and not my way or the other person's way. May You always be glorified in my workplace, home and everywhere that I find myself. I ask in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me to find the inspiration to show the beauty of the world to those who only see darkness.

bluidkiti
04-24-2014, 10:06 AM
April 25

Prayer for Friends

I thank my God always for my friends — for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, that you might be enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will confirm you to the end that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dear Lord, if I am ever to grow toward spiritual maturity, I must grow some each day. Teach me to say "Thank You, Lord" at the moment I notice a blessing; and let me say "Help me, Lord" when a need arises, confident that You want to be included in both my joys and my problems. Let me be continually aware of Your presence, and receptive to Your Spirit's bidding.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, help me to realize the power of my life. I feel ashamed and alarmed when I think of the grievous wrongs I may have done for greed. May I have delight in the struggles I have made for the ways of righteousness. Make me careful to avoid the things that debase life. May I aspire for the highest and best. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful that You are an "all seeing" and "all hearing" God, as this brings me great comfort to know You are watching over me at all times, and that You hear every word and prayer that I pray. You are a wonderful Father who not only loves me, but You love the whole world. I thank You that You are concerned about all the little things that concern me, as well as the things that I perceive as big things. Lord, to You, my concerns are never too small to miss Your attention, nor are they too big that You cannot take care of them because You are sizeless!! YOU ARE GOD!! Lord, may this truth be planted strongly in my spirit and in those that I pray for. Lord, meet the needs of the thousands of people who write us for prayer. Touch them and meet their needs according to Your will. Let each of them know how much You love and care for them. I know You will come and save them! I ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, we thank you with all our hearts that Jesus Christ still lives today and that we may believe in him and call upon him as our Savior. We thank you for him who sees to the depths of our human misery and calls right into the midst of it, "Do not be afraid. I am with you. I live. I am your helper. No matter how insignificant you are, fear not, for I, Jesus Christ, shine into all the darkness, even into the darkness of sin and death, into all the judgment that has fallen or is still to come upon men." Praise to your name, Lord our God! You are great and almighty and beyond our understanding. But you have sent us the Savior whom we can understand, and we rejoice that we may have community with him in your presence. Amen.

Dear Father, I thank you for this day. I ask for forgiveness for any wrong that I may do. Help me in my journey today as I share your kindness and wisdom.

bluidkiti
04-24-2014, 12:27 PM
April 26

Prayer for the Day

Holy God, you have given me another day. Bring your Holy Spirit into my mind and my life, so that I may walk this day in your presence. Let me feel your presence throughout the day, remembering always that you sent your Spirit that you might be a living force in all I see and all I do. When I feel temptation or begin to stray, show me your path. Correct me, comfort me, let me live your will; that I may be happy in this life and blessed in the life to come. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord. Amen.

Meditation

[The Holy Spirit as a living force.]

Prayer for Freedom from Fear

O Lord, I beseech you to deliver me, and all of your children, from the fear of the unknown future; from fear of failure; from fear of poverty; from fear of bereavement; from fear of loneliness; from fear of sickness and pain; from fear of age; from fear of death. Help us, O Father, by your grace to love and fear only you, and fill our hearts with cheerful courage and loving trust in you; through our Lord and Master Jesus Christ. Amen.

And now, as a little child, let me abide in you all this day, oh Christ, so that when you appear I may have confidence and not shrink from you in shame at your coming. For I know that you are righteous, and I am sure that I will be made righteous only by my life in you. Amen.

Father, Your Word affirms that Jesus Christ is building me up into a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to You. I belong to a royal priesthood, a holy nation, and a peculiar people; that I should show forth Your praises. You called me out of darkness into Your marvelous light. I pray that I may be blameless and harmless, a daughter/son of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom I shine as a light in the world. I desire to hold forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither labored in vain. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that there are some things I can do better than others, and some things that others can do better than I. Help me to know my strength, to stay within my "calling," and to give You all the glory. ... Help me not to run ahead of You, but to listen and learn Your will for my life; then give me the courage to act -- to speak out. ... Discipleship is often costly, isn't it? ... Help me, Lord, for it is much easier just to watch television.

In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God our Father, with the gifts you have given to us we have responsibilities and duties. Lead us to do our best and act responsibly. Give us courage when we face difficulties. Inspire us to make our choices wisely, always remembering that there are consequences to what we choose to do. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for loving me so much that You sent Your Son to die for my sins. I do not understand a love like that, but I am eternally grateful for it. I also appreciate Your hand of correction in my life. I know without it, I would have gone astray and the enemy would have destroyed me. Lord, help us to be obedient to Your will. Give us a greater desire to serve You and others. Keep us from the evil one. Bless our loved ones and keep them in Your hand. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Help me be patient and understanding when working with others and let others be understanding and forgiving.

To Accept Each Other

Father, I'm praying for myself and all those in my immediate and extended family (name them)...

May we not only love but accept and enjoy each other. May Your love, joy, peace, and patience be at the heart of our relationships with one another, along with Your kindness and goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22–23a)

May we encourage each other, and build one another up in every circumstance. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

May we be willing to love each other as unconditionally as You love us, for such love forgives the wrongs of others and makes up for their many personal faults. In love, help us forgive without holding on to anger, resentment, or disappointment. (1 Peter 4:8; Matthew 18:21–22; Ephesians 4:26)

May we love and accept one another just as we are, not waiting for change or perfection—as in Christ You have accepted us. Help us be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other as You have forgiven us. (Ephesians 1:5–6; 4:32)

Help us not to bring past issues into the present.

In Jesus' name, amen.

- Jim & Kaye Johns

bluidkiti
04-24-2014, 01:00 PM
April 27

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, you make me glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son my Lord: Give me the peace to worship you with my whole heart and mind, forgetting the cares of the world, and dwelling with you for a short moment with my entire being. And give me this day such blessing through my worship of you, that the week to come may be spent in living knowledge of your peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

A Prayer of Abandonment to the Holy Spirit:

Holy Spirit, God of Love, be present to me; accept the offering of myself which I make to you. Receive these hands, these feet, these eyes, this tongue, and all my senses. Receive my memory, my will, my understanding, my desires, my sighs, the longings and the aspirations of my soul. Receive my every hour, my every moment, and all the happenings of my life. Holy Spirit, God of Love, knit my soul to you. Let your love possess my whole being - my senses, my powers, my affections, my very life. Let your love rule my labor and my rest, my going and my staying, and move me as it pleases. Let your love disquiet or comfort me, humble or exalt me, and burn away all my faults.

Holy Spirit, God of Love, draw me to yourself. Do with me what you will. Nothing will cause me fear if only your love enfolds me. I ask confidently because your desire to give is greater than mine to receive. Transform me into yourself, so that I may no longer know myself, nor find myself, except in you. Amen.

~ Thomas of Jesus

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen.

Heavenly Father, thou hast made my life dear; forgive me if I have made dearer the things that I have put around it. Many days have been used for costly things that have faded and are laid aside. May I realize the meaning of days that have been lost. Make me more concerned for what I put in the days to come. Amen.

Father, we come to You in Jesus' most precious name, thanking You for Your love for us. Lord, You see the areas in our lives that are not in balance in the area of material things. We ask that You reveal those to us and help us to walk in the path of righteousness and Your holy balance in these areas. Deliver us from any lust for the things of this world and give us a vision of the rewards that await us in the world to come when we do Your will. Let us not worry about finances, but rather cast all of our cares upon You, for You care for us. Heal us today spirit, soul and body so that we might serve You by walking in a victorious Christian life. Let our lights shine so that truly others might see Your love in us. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

The Qualities of Love

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=1+Corinthians+13:4-7&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, give me love!

May I one day possess fully all the qualities of love, as did your son, Jesus, the Messiah!

May I be patient and kind, not jealous or boastful, not arrogant or rude, not insisting on my own way, not ever irritable or resentful.

May I rejoice always in what is right, never in anything that is wrong.

Help me to bear all things and endure whatever I must, to trust in all circumstances, and to be hopeful in all trials.

By Jesus's authority I come to you, asking. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that we are your children and that your eyes watch over us and see all that is in our hearts. You hear the request of each heart, and you will answer at the right time. Stretch out your strong hand to us, for we are weak and often heavy-hearted, not knowing what to do nor how to find you. But you are with us in every need in spite of all our faults and shortcomings. You are with us; you lead us through everything to our life's true goal, until each of us can rejoice over all you have done, to the praise of your name, our Father. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-25-2014, 09:49 AM
April 28

Let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Father, I eagerly pursue and seek to acquire love [make it my aim, my great quest]. Also, I earnestly desire and cultivate the spiritual endowments (gifts). When I was a child, I talked like a child and I thought like a child. Now that I have become a man/woman, I am done with childish ways and put them aside. My desire is to walk in love—true affection for God and man, growing out of God’s love for me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord of light, thou art the light of my life. May I make thee the joy and light of my soul. Call me to where it is clear and high, that I may see above the mist. May I not weary in climbing to reach thee in the high places. Amen.

Father God, I am thankful that You give me spiritual eyes to see, so that I do not go astray on the wrong path. I do ask You to forgive me for my sins and shortcomings. Change those things in my life that are not like You. Help me to be obedient to Your will for my life. Give me the strength to obey all that You require of me. Lord, I pray for my friends and family, that they too, would follow You and obey Your will. Keep Your hand of protection over us all, and give us light on our path, that we may follow in the way of righteousness. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Love Never Ends

1 Corinthians 13:8-13
(http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=1+Corinthians+13:8-13&t=NAS&sr=1)
Dear Father, O God of love!

Let me possess love, for love never ends. I know that prophecy, tongues, and knowledge will pass away, for they are all incomplete and unfinished.

When the complete and perfect comes, everything incomplete and unfinished will be gone.

Enable me to put away the things of childhood - the way I reasoned, the way I spoke - and help me become mature. Now I see through a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall understand, even as I have been fully understood.

Faith, hope, and love are the truly enduring qualities, but you proclaim love the greatest. Fill me with love!

In the name of the loving Jesus and by his authority I come to you, asking these things according to his will. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, you show us the way of life; in your presence is fullness of joy, and at your right hand is delight forever. In your presence we want to rejoice together as your children, under your protection. May we become firm in every part of our life on earth. Grant that soon something of your kingdom, of your heaven, may encircle us like a blessing, enabling us to fight on in joy and exultation. We entrust ourselves to you, our faithful and loving God, and we thank you. Amen.

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. Thank you for my family and friends. Please help me in showing them just how important they are to me.

bluidkiti
04-28-2014, 11:08 AM
April 29

For a Day Filled with Joy

Oh Father God in heaven: What a great day! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this and every day when I have woken up, with my heart beating and my mind able to read and think. Whatever physical limitations I may have, whatever aches and pains or illnesses I have this day, they can never diminish the greatness of life itself and the great world in which I have found myself.

By the power of your Holy Spirit, fill my heart with joy for all that I have been given. Help me to shoulder the burdens of my life with strength and courage, finding my solace in your promise of eternal life. I look forward in absolute faith to the glorious new body that all of Christ's children have been promised; but I pray to enjoy this not-so-glorious body, to see all of its wonders and remember that, being a gift, I am in no position to complain about its imperfections. Let me celebrate today all the little things I take for granted.

And bless all the people of this earth, O Lord, with the joy of gratitude for their life; and I pray that their gratitude might lead them to your holy Gospel, that they may someday know the life eternal, which can come only from your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Meditation

[The wonderment of being alive.]

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

Holy God, I pray to be filled with your Holy Spirit for the rest of this day. Let me go forth, walking with your Spirit in my heart, that I may be filled with the joy and energy and praise for your entire creation, thankful in the many gifts you have given me, and showing forth your light in my every word and deed. This I pray in Christ's name, Amen.

Lord God, help me to break away from habits that fasten me in the ruts of life. Draw me out to thy broad way, where there are no limits to thy wonderful works, that I may expand my life. Amen.

Lord Jesus, Lead us to show respect for each person as an individual, treating others in the same way that we would like to be treated. Amen.

Father God, thank you that You are a good Father to me. Deliver me of any rebellion that would cause me to ignore Your leading in my life. Strengthen and help me, so that I will always be an obedient child. I do appreciate Your patience toward me. Give me patience with those around me who do not know You. Let me share the gospel in love with each of them. Thank you, for delivering me from hell. I am grateful for the promise of Your presence with me in this life and the promise of heaven to come. Lord, watch over all of Your children and keep us from evil. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen

“A Prayer For Those Waiting”

Thankful man Father, when we examine the emotional pain of our lives we often start out with the question of “Why?” But in hindsight we realize that those struggles taught us practical truths that we would not have otherwise learned, and that there truly is purpose in our pain. We often look to Joseph, not because he was a great ruler over Egypt, but because we identify with much of his life’s experiences: betrayal, fear, rejection, his being lied about, separation, unjust treatment, delays, among other struggles. You accomplished Your purpose in His life, not in spite of his trials, but through his pain-filled ordeals. His story has been a source of encouragement to us time and again as he modeled integrity in the midst of the severe struggles and sweeping storms of life. Your eternal purpose is greater than our emotional pain. Remind us that it may not just be for our own instruction but others looking on may learn from our difficult experiences. Amen.

Lord our God, we look to you in our many needs, in the distress of our hearts, in the anguish of the whole world. We beseech you, let light come to your people everywhere on earth to bring them your help and your victory. Remember the wretched, the sick, the poor. Let your living strength come to them so that they can bear their sufferings and hold out joyfully to the end. Remember us all, O Lord our God, for we all need you. We are weak and poor and cannot go forward alone. Your Spirit must help us. May the Savior come to us, and may his grace and his power be born in our hearts. Amen.

Dear Lord, life seems so hard at times. Please be with me as I go through this day. Help me be strong and and give me the wisdom to handle each situation.

Prayer for Peaceful Sleep
Archbishop Laud (1573-1645)
Lord God,
send peaceful sleep
to refresh our tired bodies.
May your help always renew us
and keep us strong in your service.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Into your hands, O Lord, we commend our souls and bodies, beseeching you to keep us this night under your protection and strengthen us for our service on the morrow, for Christ's sake.
Amen.

bluidkiti
04-28-2014, 11:08 AM
April 30

Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, please give me the patience to make it through this busy day with all the hustle, demands and distractions of modern life. Let me find the quiet time to hear your voice and feel your calming presence. I ask this in your son's name. Amen.

Meditation

[Hearing God’s voice.]

For All Who Sin

Mighty Jesus, you are the radiant dawn bringing life into the world, and yet there are those who would hide in the shadows and under cover, in the caves of the flesh, telling each other that the darkness is good, and easy, and comfortable. I pray dear God that you will send your Holy Spirit to all of them, to show them that the fearful jaws of their insecurity become toothless when seen in the sunshine of your Word, and that they might see the true nature of evil, which hides with them in the dark, to keep them company and whisper lies in their ears. For those who have seen the light and shrunk from it, I pray that they may be restored, and that you will ease the terrible pain that drove them to hide from you, that they might be assured of forgiveness if they will only repent. Lighten the minds of those who have been warped by anger, by bitterness, by selfishness, or by the allure of glittering bangles of wealth or status or pride. Have mercy on me, dear Jesus, where I have strayed; and bring your light to all our brothers and sisters, that they may seek your mercy also, and find your perfect and eternal life. Amen.

Prayer of Resolve

I bind myself to you this day, oh Christ, in your truth and in your sacrifice. I give to you my anxiety and my fear, my depression and my doubt, for you have promised to take them if we only ask; and I take upon myself your burden, for it is light and your way is gentle. May I keep this in my heart and mind all this day. Amen.

Jesus is my Lord, and I will not lose heart. Even though my outward man is perishing, yet my inward man is being renewed day by day. For this light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for me a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while I look at the things, which are not seen. Thank You for the eternal things that will never pass away in the name of Jesus. Amen

Father God, thank you for always being there for me no matter what I face. I can honestly say that You have never failed me, even in my most intense trials. I have not always understood why I was going through certain things; however, I do not have to understand because You are God and You are in control, in spite of my lack of understanding. I know that all You require of me is to trust You, and look to You in faith and You will come and save me, and bring me an answer. You always have, and You always will, because You are faithful. You never fail any of us who look to You. I have failed You, Lord, by my doubt and unbelief at times, but You have never failed me. Help us all to trust You more. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me be the inspiration in someone's day. Help me not to discourage but always encourage.