PDA

View Full Version : Hi folks

Jed
04-23-2014, 09:43 PM
My name is Jed, and I am an addict.
I've been in recovery for over a year and a half now. About a year of that in a rehab program here in Sydney, half of that onsite half in an exit house. This is my first go at recovery, after a life of using. Weed was my 24/7 drug of choice, but I'd smoke, swallow and snort anything (ice/meth, ketamine, mdma, oxy's, tramadol, xani's, benzo's, alcohol etc) - all the time - which I pretty much was doing when I reached my emotional, material and spiritual rock bottom. I've been slowly writing on the 12 steps through the NA working guide, and am finally coming to the end of my step 1. I attend a few meetings a week and have a great sponsor.
I am really grateful for what recovery has given me, mostly: hope, clarity, love, awareness, acceptance, and connection. Another chance of really living and engaging with life.
I have come to this forum as another way to connect and view readings, reflections and meditations - digitally.

Sincerely,
Jed

MajestyJo
04-24-2014, 01:12 AM
Welcome Jed, thank you for signing in and sharing. Hope you will continue to come and share your recovery with us. Thank you for making the decision to join our family.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE9VdMjrrtXcNTGjCzUSqNGCiWV2ZxS tdt-XsdoG5b87UpWsFZVg

LookingOut
04-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Welcome and congratulations on your sobriety! There are a lot of good readings and shares and experience and hope here. I hope you stay and participate! :D

bluidkiti
04-29-2014, 11:18 AM
:67: Jed, :17: Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on your sober time! :17: I hope you will keep coming back and sharing with us.