PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about alcohol after drug recovery center?

Denzov
04-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi every one.

I was thinking about my decision to be coded of alcohol. During my treatment of drug abuse, I decided to stop drinking too, bcoz I heard that 100% who relapsed were drunk, or people just replaced their addiction to the new one - alcoholism.

MajestyJo
04-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Many look at it as okay, because they are not using their drug of choice. I see that as self-justification.

I tried substitution, and in the end I was using both. Pills were like dried up alcohol. The substance is but a symptom of my disease. It is my dis-ease and my thinking behind the using that I had to address and change. Many people I know in AA, turned to gambling. It is an addiction too. The thing applies to food. They have a void left as a result of stopping drugs, so they reach to food to fill that void.

When I quit smoking, I couldn't quit until I found a spiritual solution. I went to NA and look at the word narcotic as nicotine, which is just another drug. I also found that coffee didn't didn't taste good without a cigarette, so I quit the coffee except for an occasional social one. Caffeine can be an addiction too. I remember at one time in early recovery, I made 2-3 pots of coffee a day.

For me it is that feeling of more, that tells me I am heading back into addictive thinking.

MajestyJo
06-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Had a friend tell me early in recovery that he use to shoot up his alcohol to make it work faster. I was so shocked, had not concept, and yet I heard many other people share about doing the same thing.

This disease is cunning, baffling and powerful. It tells us we don't have it and this time it will be different. I once heard a guy say, "I can't drink safely. I break out in spots, like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, etc." I can't drink safely, I don't know where it will take me.

Thanks for sharing. Thanks for the memories, always good to remember and reinforce the fact that I have no desire to go back to that way of life.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/insects-butterflies/0117.gif

RickyWard
07-09-2014, 04:08 AM
Hi every one.

I was thinking about my decision to be coded of alcohol. During my treatment of drug abuse, I decided to stop drinking too, bcoz I heard that 100% who relapsed were drunk, or people just replaced their addiction to the new one - alcoholism.

hi denzov :62: I'm also a person who tried to get help in treatment center for my alcoholism problem. I went to Substance Abuse Recovery here in CA and they gave me a treatment program. First, it was hard for me to apply to myself of their programs but later on it will gave me some satisfactions. Suddenly I cannot continue due to my curiosity and craving. :163: