PDA

View Full Version : Daily Prayers - May

bluidkiti
04-29-2014, 10:36 AM
May 1

Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Jesus, Son of God, thank You for setting me free to make wise choices. Thank You for giving me wisdom beyond my natural understanding. I purpose to stand firm, and I do not intend to let myself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery to old hang-ups and insecurities. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty—emancipation from bondage –there is freedom. As a servant of the LORD, I refuse to quarrel; instead, I will be kind to everyone, able to teach, and I am not resentful. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Lord Jesus, how shall we pray?

"Pray to your Father in heaven in this way: 'Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.'" (Matthew 6:9)

We are to reverence His holy name, for He is a sovereign God -- Creator and Overseer of the universe, my world, and my life!

"'Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.'" (Verse 10)

If we seek to know Him and His will through His Word and the promptings of the Holy Spirit, and if we are obedient to His commands, then He will help us to fulfill our greatest potential, and we in turn will be filled with His great joy, and will experience His "kingdom on earth"!

"'Give us this day our daily bread.'" (Verse 11)

Help us to learn to trust You for our needs -- not our wants -- and then to recognize Your surprise blessings as You provide them, remembering always to thank You for them.

In Your holy name we pray.

Amen.

(To be continued tomorrow)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Creator, give me joyful eyes for joyful nature. May I be alive to the gentle influences of a May day which bring new experiences to all who may receive them: and may I serve thee by unfolding to others the love of truth, the love of good, and the love of beauty. Amen.

On this day, Lord, we can celebrate many achievements of humanity as a whole, but never let us forget that each and every individual needs to be held in respect. We pray today for the unemployed and for those unable to work, and we ask you to give success to the work of our hands. Amen.

Dear Father God, I am so thankful to be called a child of God. Forgive me when I fall into the devil's trap of complaining or worrying. Lord, help me to cast my cares upon You, for I know that You care for me. Help me also to not allow contrary circumstances to get me down, but rather, may I remember that I serve a mighty God Who is greater than my circumstances. I do praise You, Lord, and when I think of all the things You have done for me over the years, I am truly grateful. Fill me with Your joy, peace and love daily so that I might serve You with a merry heart. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

All Things in Order

1 Corinthians 14:26-33 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=1+Corinthians+14:26-33&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, God of intelligibility and peace,

When we come together and each of us has something to contribute, may everything be done to build up the body. Let us do things one by one, or by pairs or triplets at most, so that all may learn and be encouraged.

For you, our God, are not like the pagan gods, a god of confusion and hysteria, but are a god of peace. Let us honor you by doing things decently and in order.

Submitting to your commands of peace and order, I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

“A Prayer For Valueing Different Gifts”

Father, You have called us, Your servants, to exercise our gifts of prophesying, serving, teaching, encouraging, contributing to the needs of others, leading, and being vessels of Your mercy. Help us not to be fearful or timid in exercising our spiritual gift that flows from Your power within us, since it is not for our glory but rather for the building up of the body of Christ. We are inadequate within ourselves, but fully sufficient according to the grace given us through Your Holy Spirit. We seek affirmation from You, the ministry opportunities You provide us and other mature believers, to confirm our spiritual giftings. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we look to you on the throne beside your Father in heaven and ask that you be Lord of peace in our hearts. Help us to overcome ourselves again and again and to remain at peace. Then your will may be done in your disciples, a power of peace may be around us that goes out into the whole world, and your name may be glorified on earth. For you are Lord of peace, and we await you. In difficult times faith and hope will take hold in our hearts all the more firmly, to your glory, Lord Jesus. For you will suddenly come according to your promise as the One who does God's will on earth among all men. Amen.

Dear Father, I thank you for this day. Please forgive me for what I have done wrong. Grant me the wisdom to understand what I have done wrong so that I may make it right.

bluidkiti
04-29-2014, 10:37 AM
May 2

All through this day, O Lord, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. Amen.

Father, You are equipping me to do the work of ministering toward building up the Body of Christ. I am arriving at real mature manhood/womanhood (completeness of personality). When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man/woman, I put childish ways behind me. My life lovingly expresses truth – I speak truly, deal truly and live truly in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus, continue to teach us how we should pray each day, in the same way that You taught Your disciples --

"'And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.'" (Matthew 6:12)

Help us to see that we can only experience your forgiveness after we have forgiven those who have wronged us, for our hearts cannot hold Your complete forgiveness if we reserve one section for bitterness. When we forgive others, then we won't be the ones to suffer illness -- either mentally, physically, or both. We must not condone another's sin, but we do need to forgive the sinner, because You truly do know what is best for us!

"'And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. *[For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen]'" (Verse 13)

Do not let us be tempted beyond our strength, Lord. Help us, to resist Satan's enticements, as You, Lord Jesus, resisted them in the desert wilderness. Remind us of the commitments that we made when we accepted You as our Lord and Savior -- to God the Father, to You, and to the Holy Spirit, who is our connection with You, our comforter, and our guide to Your truth.**

In Your holy name we pray.

Amen.

** (See John 14:15-21)
* (The earliest manuscripts omit this clause.)

Lord God, may I comprehend the sacredness of friendship. I thank thee for my friends, and for all the beautiful influences which they bring to my life. May I never hold friendship without the sincerity to return it. Correct my faults, and cause me to learn the secret of cheerful endurance, that I may be steadfast. Amen.

God our Father, open our eyes to see the vision that you have for each of us, and lead us to grow in confidence in who we are, and in the faith that you call each of us by name. Show us how to live in such a way that we respect and accept others for who they are, and do not judge them as we ourselves do not want to be judged. Inspire us to be generous in praising others and in showing appreciation for their achievements. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for the life you have given me. Thank you for giving me a family that is so understanding and supportive of me in everything I do.

bluidkiti
04-30-2014, 01:17 PM
May 3

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to learn not to keep running ahead of You, trying to do it all by myself, solving all my problems and everyone else's, and making "heavy weather." Teach me to turn everything over to You, claiming Your promises, praising Your name, and waiting for Your direction and Your timing. ... My life could be less stressful, couldn't it, Lord, and much more meaningful if only I'd learn. Help me.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

Loving Father, may I lay hold upon the highest standards of friendship and so be qualified to be a friend. May those who call and lean on me feel secure in my support. May none ever be ashamed to call me friend. Grant that those whom I love may keep faith with me. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we read in the Gospels that you brought healing and acceptance to many people, In your love stretch out your hands and touch me and bring healing and wholeness in my life. Amen.

Dear Lord, I thank you for this beautiful day. I ask for your guidance and wisdom as I go into this day. Please grant me the strength and wisdom to overcome the problems I may encounter in this day.

Honor, power and glory. Help us, Master, to see you as you are and obey your command. Our bodies are your temple. Let us show it by our devotion to the one who lives inside of us. May what we are on the inside take its rightful place on the outside in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Dear Father God, I thank you for showing me daily the path of righteousness and helping me to walk on it. Lord, deliver me from every angry thought so that those thoughts do not become deeds. I desire to have a clean heart and mind. Lord, grant me the strength to perform my responsibilities toward all and most of all, to take care of my responsibilities in the kingdom of God. Help me to make this world a better place to live. Lord, fill me with Your spirit so that I can love others with the love of God. Thank you for your loving kindness toward me and my family. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

bluidkiti
04-30-2014, 01:17 PM
May 4

Prayer of Ambrose of Milan

O Lord, who has mercy upon all, take away from me my sins, and mercifully kindle in me the fire of your Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore you, a heart to delight in you, to follow and to enjoy you, for Christ's sake. Amen.

from a prayer by Ambrose of Milan, 388 A.D.

Meditation

[Take away my heart of stone.]

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offenses and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for guiding us on all our ways with power from on high. We thank you that again and again you have led us through the darkness on a path of light. Looking back, we cannot be thankful enough. May our hearts turn to you and be filled with quiet certainty in all we are still awaiting. Remember us and remember the many who lie under heavy bondage. Let the time come when you will bring a great deliverance to those who are in darkness. Then we can find meaning for our lives in all that happens, knowing that you have been faithful in everything. You have done more than we asked, more than we can understand. Amen.

Dear Father God, I am ever so grateful to have access to a reservoir of wisdom, counsel, and guidance in knowing You. I know when I have a problem I can ask You how to solve it, and You always have the perfect answer. Thank you for sending my answers in many different ways, and through many different people. I have been very blessed by the family of God, as they have reached out to help in so many ways. I do appreciate the prayers of Your people. Lord, bless each person back in the form of their need. I thank you for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Bless them all and meet their needs. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-03-2014, 10:58 AM
May 5

To Submit My Day to God

Almighty God, who has given me life and breath, and another day: I do not know what this day might bring. For men make plans, and their plans come to naught, as you will it. Thus I take this day out of my hands and submit it to your will. Make me this day your servant, that I might find my hand at the tasks you have meant for me to do, and might do them as well as I can. For there is nothing better than a person should rejoice in his work, to your glory and for the love of his neighbors, as you have commanded us through your Son. In His name, I pray, let my day be yours, and let it be filled with goodness and faith. Amen.

Meditation

[What does God mean for me to do today?]

May the God of hope fill me and all of us with the joy and peace that comes from believing, so that we may abound in hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Father, I thank You for giving me the power of choice. I roll my works upon You…and You will cause my thoughts to become agreeable to Your will. I believe that I will receive whatever I ask for in prayer in the name of Jesus. I will not be afraid; I believe that You keep Your promise because You are righteous. Father, I seek to do Your will by believing in the one You have sent. Jesus is my Lord! Amen

Lord, lead us to be peace-makers, building connections between individuals, focusing on what unites people rather than on what separates us and highlights our differences. Lord, it’s easy to harm relationships; instead, give us the power of your Spirit that we may build up and make new the bonds between people. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for all the good things You have given us. Lord, we want to be like You, so help us do those things that bless You. May our thoughts and deeds be pleasing to You. Deliver us from the evil temptations that would cause us to fall from Your grace. Lord, set us free from all pride, greed and fear. Let us be like You and treat all men around us, fairly and justly. Keep us from manipulation, so that we obey You, no matter what the cost to us personally. Help me to always do the right thing and may the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord our God, we are not worthy of all the mercy and faithfulness you show to us. We thank you for your love and ask you to keep our hearts united in the hope we have together for all things. Keep our hearts united, that again and again we can receive something new from your mighty hand. Keep us true to the calling you have given us. Let light shine out into the world, right into the dark places. Remember those all over the world who are sighing to you, longing that in your great and wonderful goodness light may come to the peoples and to the nations through some deed from your hand. Amen.

Deliver Us From Fear

O Lord, we beseech thee to deliver us from the fear of the unknown future; from fear of failure; from fear of poverty; from fear of bereavement; from fear of loneliness; from fear of sickness and pain; from fear of age; from fear of death. Help us, O Father, by thy grace to love and fear thee only, fill our hearts with cheerful courage and loving trust in thee; through our Lord and Master Jesus Christ.

bluidkiti
05-05-2014, 11:09 AM
May 6

Prayer to Treat Others Well

Father, thank you for bringing me into your family. May I never disappoint you in the way I treat others. Teach me to show love, patience, and acceptance to all who come to me; let me show peace of soul and firm conviction that your will governs all. And I pray that others may see in me the qualities of character that can only be attributed to your presence in my life. Make my life a window for your light to shine through and a mirror to reflect your love to all I meet. To you be the glory and the honor, forever and ever, through Jesus my Lord. Amen.

I dedicate this day to you, mighty God. I pray that your Spirit will lift me up this day, and that your face may shine upon me all the day long, that I might do your will and lead a new life in Christ, reborn in the Spirit. Amen.

Father, I thank you for loving me with an everlasting love. With loving-kindness you have drawn me, and you will build me, and I shall be rebuilt. Nothing shall separate me from the love of Christ—not tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril nor sword—nothing shall separate me from this Love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. I receive your unfailing love for it is my comfort! Amen

Lord, each of us has different talents and abilities. We ask you to inspire us to discover and develop the best within us. Lead us to be both humble and generous in praising others for the good use of their talents. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your abundant love and mercy that You have shown to all of us. I have needed Your mercy on many occasions. When I have called out to You, You have never failed to reach down and restore me when I have failed You, and sinned. I am grateful for Your unchanging love. Help me to be like You and show mercy and love to those around me, even when they have failed me. Cleanse me from all unrighteousness in my heart. May Your love manifest in the body of Christ, so that we truly love one another and serve one another. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, we look to you and to Jesus Christ our Savior. Continually renew your grace and your power in our lives, we pray. Renew your grace and power, that we may have light even in dark and distressing times and through the Savior may overcome as we wait faithfully for your kingdom. Help us to be ready to take anything upon ourselves, to serve you with body and soul, with all we have and are. May we belong to the hosts of those who go to meet you, who wait for your coming kingdom, which will bring comfort to the world and to all people who now suffer and grieve. O Lord our God, have mercy on our times and on our world. Grant that with thanks and praise we may soon see the signs of the fulfillment of your promises. Amen.

Dear Father, I thank you for helping me when I need it most. I pray you help me help others when they are in need.

bluidkiti
05-05-2014, 11:09 AM
May 7

Prayer for Purity of Thought

Almighty God, who alone gave me the breath of life, and alone can keep alive in me the holy desires your Spirit brings; I pray to you, in the name of your infinite compassion, to sanctify my thoughts and endeavors this day; that I may not begin to act without a pure intention or continue it without your blessing. And grant that, having the eyes of my mind opened to behold things invisible and unseen, I may in heart be inspired by your wisdom, and in work be upheld by your strength, and in the end be accepted by you as your faithful servant; through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want. Amen.

Holy Spirit teach me to love the Lord my God with all my passion and prayer and intelligence…. and give me the grace to love others as well as I love myself. I accept and love myself—Your workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works. I release Your love that is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit toward my family, friends and enemies. I will not return evil for evil, but will let my enemies bring out the best in me, not the worst. When someone gives me a hard time, I will respond with the energies of prayer. Father, I love You because You first loved me. Amen

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful for Your loving kindness toward me. I do appreciate Your grace and mercy in my life. When I come to You asking for forgiveness of my sins, I can feel Your mighty power cleansing me. I do want You to correct me when I need it, as I do not want to get off of the path of holiness. Lord, use me to reach out to those around me with the same love You have shown me. Guide me today in the things that I should do. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with so many things to do. I am trusting You to show me the things that are priority and give me the grace and strength to do them. May I be an instrument of Your love today. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you with all our hearts because we know you are holding us by your hand and leading us on all our ways, in spite of all contradiction, strife, distress, and confusion within ourselves. What are all these compared to your love, which does not let us go but watches over us and finally brings us to what is good? Release us from our many burdens. Free our spirits and our souls more and more until we can do nothing but give praise and thanks with heart, soul, and strength for all you are to us. Amen.

Dear Lord, You are my light and salvation. With you I am not afraid and have nothing to fear. Thank you for being there for me even when the hour is darkest.

Prayer for Peace in Troubled Times

Dear Lord, in these troubled times make your presence known to all the peoples around the world so that they may see peace as the only way to salvation. Replace the anger and violence in our hearts with joy and tranquility and help us to seek the good in everyone. Cause us all to realize that without you we can do nothing that will bring us peace and joy. Thank you for hearing and answering our prayers. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-07-2014, 09:58 AM
May 8

Into your hands, O Lord, Jesus Christ, my God, I commend my spirit. Bless me and all those who pray in faith of You this day; save us and grant unto us everlasting life. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I am not limited in doing what You have called me to do. Jesus, my Lord, said that everything is possible for him who believes. Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. The circumstances, finances, connections, the skilled people and the anointing needed to fulfill your will have already been provided. You have made every provision I will ever need. I affirm that no word from my Father is without power or impossible of fulfillment! I will stand and look to You for all my needs. Amen

Dear Lord, granted that Christians aren't perfect, but surely You want us to try each day to do something for You -- some good Samaritan deed. It need not take too much time or effort; it just takes an awareness, developing a sensitivity to another's needs! ... Lord, forgive me for too often being so engrossed in my own concerns, some of no real importance or urgency, that I forget to notice those around me. ... If all of us who call ourselves Christians would courteously hold a door, or lend a helping hand to a stranger, could it be that we might make our part of the world a better place in which to live? ... Help each of us, Lord, to realize that representing You and being Your "ambassador," is a full-time task.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord, God of peace, we thank you for the hopes, the efforts and the achievements which your Spirit of peace has inspired in our days - stirring up love where there was hate, sympathy where there was suspicion, care where there was indifference. Open our minds and our hearts even more to the specific demands which love for others makes upon us, so that we may be more truly makers of peace. Remember, God of mercies, those who are oppressed, those who are suffering and dying for the birth of a world in which all people will be more truly a single human family. May your kingdom come for all people of every race and language - your kingdom of justice, of peace, of love, and may all the earth be filled with your glory. We make our prayer through Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your promise of wisdom and guidance. Lord, help me to overcome my carnal desires and live to glorify and please You in all of my ways. Fill me with the Holy Spirit daily, so that I can walk in Your power to overcome those things that the devil uses to try and defeat me. Lord, cleanse my heart and mind of the things that do not agree with Your Word. Lord, bless Your people every where and meet their needs this day. Lord, bless each brother and sister in all the countries of the world. Meet their needs, as well as ours, so that we all can share the gospel with others who need You. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

“A Prayer For The Lonely”

Father, thank You for the many Scriptures that reassure us we’re never alone, such as the oft quoted comfort Psalm, “Thou art with me”. It’s when we look solely to other people to cure our loneliness that we neglect the greatest cure which is looking to You and finding guidance and solace in Scripture and in prayer! Help us to hide deeply in our hearts the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, “Surely I am with you always” (Matthew 28:20). His promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us enables us to endure even in the loneliest of circumstances. We are encouraged and strengthened by Your promises and by the presence of Your Holy Spirit which keeps us from being alone for all time. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you giving me the strength to face this day. I ask that you keep me from being caught up in the hidden dangers of the world and guide me so I make it home.

Prayer for Creative Work
Sophy Burnham
O most Glorious and Blessed God, I present myself and this work into Your hands. Do with it as You will. Guide my thoughts. Hold my hands, that You alone are writing (painting, carving) through me, producing whatever You wish me to say. And now, O my Beloved and my Joy, I prostrate myself into Your most loving embrace in thanks that You give me talent, inspiration, discipline to do Your work. Amen. So be it.

bluidkiti
05-07-2014, 09:59 AM
May 9

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you. Amen.

Meditation

[I have no fear.]

Father God as a member of Your royal race, I have been made a king and a priest unto You. I am Your workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do the works You have prepared for me to accomplish. Because I was born for such a time as this, I will make a difference in this generation and influence future generations. You bestowed upon me Your creativity and ingenuity, and they are expanded through the power of the Holy Spirit, which You sent to be my Helper and my Strength. Amen

God of all nations and all people, inspire us to live in your presence each day. On our journey through life lead us to choose the right direction, and show us how to respect and value others, even if we do not agree with them. May we find other people as willing to help us as we are willing to help them. Amen.

Dear Father, life seems so hard at times and I can hardly get through. I close my eyes and hand you my troubles for I know you can do much better than I. Thank you Lord for your blessings and kindness.

Father we are thankful for this Spring morning as we hear the birds already singing your praises. Thank you that you never change, but are still the same one who carries our burdens and gives us your peace in the midst of of our greatest trials. You see the burdens that we carry and you ask us to stop carrying them. You offer us your rest, your assurance that you are in complete control. It may seem that you are not listening, but if we will listen and begin to rejoice in what is in store for us. Will you help us today to rest and not be afraid of tomorrow? You will be there just as you promised you would be!

bluidkiti
05-08-2014, 10:43 AM
May 10

Prayer of St. Patrick

Lord, be with me and all who love you, this day:
Within us to purify us;
Above us to draw us up;
Beneath us to sustain us;
Before us to lead us;
Behind us to restrain us;
Around us to protect us.
In Christ's name I pray,
Amen.

by Saint Patrick (389-461 A.D.)
Meditation

[See verse 5 of today's Scripture.]

Prayer for Family and Friends

Blessed are you, loving Father, for all your gifts to me and those close to me. Blessed are you for giving me family and friends to be with me in times of joy and sorrow, to help me in days of need, and to rejoice with me in moments of celebration.

Father, I praise you for your son Jesus, who knew the happiness of family and friends, and in the love of your Holy Spirit. Blessed are you for ever and ever. Amen.

Parting Prayer

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I would be thankful for the blessings I am inclined to forget. Give me a heart of gratitude, and forbid that I should hold my friends for material gain or selfish ends. May I through the truthfulness of my lips, and the honor of my acts, be a necessary friend. Amen.

We know, Lord, that throughout our lives each of us will experience problems and difficulties. Give us courage and strength at those times and prevent us then from looking only at ourselves. Keep our vision wide so that, even in times of difficulty, we may still be of help to others. Help us not to be bitter towards people or situations, but empower us to take the initiative and break the cycle of hatred, bitterness, and evil actions. Help us to transform the difficulties that come our way into opportunities for personal growth and service of others. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do want my ways to please You. Help me to walk in Your ways and obey Your Words. I know if You ask anything of me, it is for my good, even if I do not understand some things at the moment. Lord, I cannot love my enemies in my own strength, I need Your supernatural love. Thank You, for fighting my battles for me. Help me to trust You more every day. Lord, I bless my enemies right now with this prayer. Forgive those that would judge me wrongly and say unkind things against me. Lord, deliver them and change their hearts so that they might know Your love and kindness. Help me to also not judge others, but pray for them and really love them the way You love them. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for all that you have done. Please help me find the forgiveness in my heart that you have shown me. Help me forgive those who have done wrong to me and allow me to be the better person.

Dear Father, Thank You for all good things…please give your prayer warriors strength and perseverance. Help us fight the good fight and never give up. We are a people called to this ministry of prayer and intercession…renew us and equip us by Your grace through Your beloved Son, our Jesus the Christ whom we love dearly. Amen

bluidkiti
05-09-2014, 09:32 AM
May 11

For the Spirit of Prayer

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord. Let your Holy Spirit guide me in my prayer and in thought, and grant me the grace to listen and hear your Word. Soften my heart, that I may be directed by your truth, and not the devices of my body and mind. In the name of Christ I ask this, Amen.

Meditation

[Soften my heart.]

Prayer to the Holy Spirit to be with Me This Week

In utter humility, before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I come before you this morning, Eternal Spirit of God, to offer myself, my soul and body to you. I live in awe of your purity, your justice, and the power of your love. You are the strength and light of my soul, for without you I have neither life nor goodness. I desire never to grieve you by unfaithfulness, and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against you.

Mercifully guard my every thought; and grant that I may always watch for your light, and listen to your voice, and follow your gracious inspirations. Give me grace, O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son, to listen first for your voice in everything I may say or do, this day, during the week to come, and always, Amen.

For Forgiveness

Almighty Father; I enter your presence confessing the things I try to conceal from you and the things I try to conceal from others. I confess the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow I have caused, that make it difficult for others to forgive me, the times I have made it easy for others to do wrong, the harm I have done that makes it hard for me to forgive myself. Lord have mercy on me, and forgive for all my sins against you and against others, through the grace of my Lord, Jesus Christ, Amen.

The Almighty Lord, who is a strong tower to all those who put their trust in him, to whom all things in heaven, in earth, and under the earth, do bow and obey; Be now and evermore my defense; and make me know and feel, that there is no other Name under heaven given to man, in whom, and through whom, I may receive health and salvation, but only the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Father, it is you who creates a pure heart and a steadfast spirit within me. Lord Jesus, thank You for cleansing me. You have blotted out and canceled my transgressions, and you will remember them no longer. You do not keep a record of my sin because I have truly repented and turned from my wicked ways. I am cleansed and pruned by the living word which you have given me. I will not forget all your benefits but affectionately and gratefully bless your name. You heal all my diseases and forgive all my iniquities. Thank you. Amen

Dear Lord, help me to remember that although Your grace and love are free, You really want to build a relationship with me and restore a "oneness" with You. Whether that happens or not depends upon my response, doesn't it? For only if I repent of my sins and shortcomings and want to turn my life around, will I be ready for Kingdom-living now. ... Each time I slip or stray, I need to repent anew, for faith without repentance is not truly sincere, is it?

Help me in the name of Jesus, I pray.

Amen.

Gracious Father, may my heart be mindful of thee, that I may discover the truth and possess it. Steady me in my affections and save me from wandering impulses; and may I help to put wrong down and uplift humanity. Amen.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your many blessings that You send my way each day. Thank you for the many friends that You have sent into my life. Lord, they are priceless treasures. Bless them all today. I want my life to be what You would have to be. Lord, I want You to be satisfied with me, so remove those things that are not pleasing to You. Thank you for Your daily provision. I know that when I have You, that's enough. You will take care of all the things that concern me and that I have need of. May this truth be in the hearts of all of Your children. Thank you for Your mercy and Your amazing grace. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, no matter how old I get I still feel young and niave. Grant me the wisdom to chose the right path. Guide me for I do not know the way.

bluidkiti
05-09-2014, 09:32 AM
May 12

Prayer for the Morning

The night has passed, the sun shines its light upon us, and the day lies open before me. As I rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of your presence fill me with love for you and my fellow man, holy God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Abide with me, I pray, now and forever. Amen.

Meditation

[Freedom from anger.]

Now all glory to you, mighty God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I purpose to have the same attitude, purpose and humble mind as my Lord. He is my example for greatness! As a citizen of Your Kingdom, I am standing firm in united spirit and purpose, contending with a single mind for the faith, pursuing the destiny, which You handcrafted just for me. I will not be intimidated in anything by my opponents and adversaries. You are my light and my salvation. Amen

Dear Lord Jesus, remind me that each step that I take in my walk with You counts, not just the goal. If I am to be a Christian, then I must be a Christian person each step of the way. Help me to see that every day of my life contributes something to the person I am becoming, and my conduct influences others around me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit, so that I may stand firm in the trials that I encounter daily. In Your holy name I pray. Amen.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Amen.

Father, we come to You in Jesus' most precious name, thanking You for Your love for us. Lord, You see the areas in our lives that are not in balance. We ask that You reveal those to us and help us to walk in the path of righteousness and Your holy balance. Deliver us from error and all that is an abomination to You. Heal us today spirit, soul and body so that we might serve You by walking in a victorious Christian life. Let our lights shine so that truly others might see Your love in us. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

bluidkiti
05-11-2014, 11:04 AM
May 13

Lord, in utter humility I thank you and glorify you, that you might hear the prayer of one so small as myself, amidst the billions of souls among billions of stars in one of billions of galaxies in your universe. Let me go forth in your peace, keeping your Spirit always in my mind; and bless me, I pray, that I might always follow your will and live in the radiance of your blessing. Amen.

Eternal God, I praise thee, that "thy love is broader than the measure of man's mind," and that through all my years I may hide myself in thee, trusting thee to the end. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I honor You as my King and Lord, I submit myself to You to do Your will. Thank you, for Your love for me. I am grateful that You are a loving and forgiving God. I want to thank You also for the abundant blessings that You have given me. One of those blessings is that I can lay my head down each night and enjoy sweet sleep, and at times, You even speak to me in my dreams. It is such a blessing to have Your love, peace and joy. No amount of money can buy these blessings. I just want to say a special thanks for these gifts. Bless my brothers and sisters with Your love and guidance and lead us all into more truth. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

Lord our God, whose light shines out of the darkness and gleams brightly into our hearts, we thank you for all the goodness you allow us to see. We want to see your goodness clearly and have confidence in it, no matter how much around us is dark and disquieting. We want to remain firm and full of trust, looking to what you have put into our hearts so that we may come to know you. Be with us with your Spirit. Lead us to realize ever more clearly that we are made for your honor. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-13-2014, 10:40 AM
May 14

Simple Thanks

For our restful sleep at night,
for the rain and sunshine bright,
For the love that Thou dost send,
For our homes and for each friend,

For the day and all its pleasures,
Grateful thanks I render now.
May our lives pass on the blessings,
None can give to us, but Thou.
Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your goodness. In the name of Jesus I cast the whole of my care—all anxieties, worries and concerns—upon You. I know that You love me and care for me, and those for whom I am praying. Today I make all my requests known to You with thanksgiving. I know You hear me, and I believe Your best answers are on the way from the moment I ask. Amen.

Dear Lord, teach me that there will be times of concern when I need to turn everything over to You, to relax, and to trust it all to You -- to "climb my watchtower and wait to see what answer You will give to my complaint."* Remind me that my weakness is Your opportunity to show me that Your strength is sufficient. ... Forgive me for forgetting that You never asked me to bear ALL of my burdens alone.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Hab. 2:1 -- TLB)

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I pray that I may seek sincerely those whom I approach with sympathy, and by my honor may they feel the same sincerity for me. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for always being faithful. Many times I have had needs that I did not know how they would be supplied, but because I sought You for my answer, You always came through with my answers and provided for me. Lord, give all of Your children the wisdom and understanding that they need at this hour, as we live in uncertain times and we need Your guidance. Protect us from the plans of the evil one. Thank you for watching over us and keeping us and our families and friends from harm. Give us strength to live each day that we might delight Your heart. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Diligence At Work”

Father, when we’re tempted to be halfhearted in our vocational work or find ourselves bored by monotonous repetition help us to find creative means that will make us even more productive and content in our work assignments. May our conduct and attitude reflect values set forth in Scripture. Make us a blessing so that we bring joy to our co-workers, supervisors, and to the workplace in general. During times of personality conflict or when disagreements arise bring to our memory the Scripture that reminds us that our primary motivation for being a good worker is that we are serving You when we are diligent in our work. Not only in our service do we want to do our best but we also ask You to keep our attitudes in check and our words uplifting in the work place. Help us to be quick to see another co-worker’s need and respond accordingly. May we be slow to judge and find fault with others. Prompt us to be faithful in prayer for our employers, supervisors, co-workers, and the business in which we serve. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Lord our God, almighty and holy One, whose glory shines upon the earth so that we may find joy in you and may live rejoicing in all your loving-kindness, spread out your hands in blessing over all men. Spread your blessing over the happy and the sad, over the courageous and the weak. Shepherd them in your love, in the great grace you have given through Jesus Christ, confirmed in us through the Holy Spirit. Do not let us men remain degraded and worthless. Lift our hearts above what is transitory, for you have given us something eternal to live by. Help us every day so that we can reach the goal you have set for us, for many others, and finally for all peoples of the earth. Amen.

Prayer in Time of Trouble
Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.
In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.
In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.
When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.
When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.
When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.
When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.
When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.
Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.
Amen.

bluidkiti
05-13-2014, 10:40 AM
May 15

Prayer to Dedicate Oneself to Christ This Day

Almighty God, as I cross the threshold of this day, I commit myself Your care. Mold me in your image. In everything I say and do, let my mind be on the eternal goodness of heaven rather than the vanities of earth, meaningless pride, or the anger and envy that tear apart my precious soul. I dedicate myself to your holiness, Oh sweet and innocent Christ, and pray that you may be with me, to check my tongue before it can speak evil and to stop my hand when it seeks to sin. I come to you as a child. I will look to you for guidance and wisdom. Let me know the joyful feeling of having done something that pleased you; let me never feel the pain of knowing I have disappointed you. And let me live without fear, without confusion, always steady in the certainty of your forgiveness and ultimate victory, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[Let me check my tongue before it can speak evil.]

Prayer of Praise (from Psalm 86)

Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon you: for you will answer me. Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; and no works like those you have done. All nations whom you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; and will glorify your name. For you are great, and do wondrous things: you are God alone. Teach me your way, Lord, and I will walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify your name forever. Amen.

Now, to God the Father, who first loved us, and made us accepted in the Beloved; to God the Son, who loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood; to God the Holy Ghost, who sheddeth the love of God abroad in our hearts, be all love and all glory in time and to all eternity. Amen. ~ by John Wesley (1760)

Father, I acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other. Empowered by Your Spirit, I purpose to keep Your decrees and commands, which You have given me, so that it may go well with me and my children after me, and that I may live long in the land the Lord my God gives me for all time. To the glory of God the Father, I acknowledge that Jesus is Lord of my home, ministry and the work place. Jesus is Lord of my life! Amen

Dear Lord, I haven't really understood Your Word until I realize that it is full of paradoxes, and until I truly accept Your sovereignty, have I? ... Sometimes You want me to be healed, and my spirit senses this; other times You may use my illness for Your purposes, or to test the depth of my faith. ... Let me learn to "count it all joy,"* and to trust You completely. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

* (See James 1:2)

O God, I pray that thou wilt search me, and in the silent moments show me myself without obstruction. Breathe upon me thy awakening breath, that I may be revived to nobler activities. Amen.

Loving Lord, inspire me to bring out the best in others and “touch hearts” by being welcoming and generous and always positive in attitude, showing individuals that they matter and are important. May those who are part of my life this day treat me in the same way as I treat them. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the many blessings that are mine because I belong to You. I am most blessed. Lord, use me to bless others with the overflow of the blessings You have given me. Lord, encourage Your people today that need hope and faith. Father, remove all vestiges of pride from my heart as I desire to be truly humble before You and others. I trust You to fight my battles for me as I look to You in faith. Thank you for meeting my needs. I know You will never leave me nor forsake me. Bless all my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Amen.

Father in heaven, may we recognize and acknowledge that you are God. You have made us, and not we ourselves, to be your people and the sheep of your pasture. Baptize us with the truth we need throughout our lives. Give us the gift to discern who we are and what we should become. Free our eyes from all deception so that we can no longer delude ourselves with short-lived, earthly things. Clear our eyes to see what is eternal in and around us. Make us children, true children, who awake to exult and rejoice in what is childlike and who give thanks to you, O God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-15-2014, 09:39 AM
May 16

For Joy in God's Creation

O Heavenly Father, who has filled the world with beauty; Open my eyes to behold your gracious hand in all your works; that rejoicing in your whole creation, I may learn to serve you with gladness, faithfully managing your bounty; for the sake of him by whom all things were made, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Meditation

[Open my eyes.]

Blessing for the Day

Oh God, hold me in the palm of your hand. I pray that you will mold me into what you want me to be. May I joyfully fill the role you have given to me and feel your peace deep in my soul, today and always, Amen.

Heavenly Father, today I am singing a new song. Yesterday with its victories and failures has passed away, and behold on this day all things have become new. I look forward to all things that You send my way — a new sunrise, new friends, relationships, assignments, responsibilities, blessings, and new opportunities to be a blessing to someone today. I release the past, and will not judge by the former thought patterns and attitudes. Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your goodness to me. The earth is full of God’s unfailing love. Amen

"How precious it is, Lord, to realize that You are thinking about me constantly! I can't even count how many times a day Your thoughts turn toward me. And when I waken in the morning You are still thinking of me!"* ... Oh Lord, help my thoughts to turn toward You during the day, that I may know Your will and be obedient to it. Let me praise You daily, and thank You for Your constant care.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (Psalm 139:17-18 -- TLB)

My Father, may this be a day of usefulness. Make me sure of myself, that I may not spend my days in questioning, but accept with gratefulness thy love and tender care. Make me worthy to be called thy child. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for all of Your many blessings this day. Lord, I do desire to have Your wisdom. You see the future, so help me to make the best decisions, so that I do not have greater problems tomorrow. Lord, help me to guard my mouth and restrain my lips from any evil. Help me to be a loving witness of Your goodness and give me the boldness to proclaim the gospel. Bless all of those who touch my life and keep them from harm. I am grateful to be Your child. Father, I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Prayer for the Human Family
O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-15-2014, 09:39 AM
May 17

For Faithfulness in the Use of this World's Goods
Almighty God, whose loving hand has given me all that I possess; Grant me grace that I may honor you with my substance, and remembering the account which I must one day give, may be a faithful steward of your bounty; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Meditation

[The Holy Spirit will help us have the courage we need.]

Now let me go forth praising you, O Lord, with all my heart, telling of all your wonders, with my words and in my actions. I will be glad and rejoice in you this day. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Amen.

Dear Lord, there are times in my life when I seem to be getting no where, when I am forced to mark time. Help me to learn the hard lesson of patience, and to put my trust in You. ... Help me to use these times wisely, to sort out my relationship with You, and to gain a new perspective, that I may set more realistic goals, which will be pleasing to You. Give me patience to await Your timing. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, please cleanse me from all error and renew my mind. I desire to know the truth even if it means correction and embarrassment for me. Change my heart and thoughts to be Your thoughts and heart. Give me a teachable spirit. Take my desires and dreams and give me Yours. Cleanse me from all that offends You. Create within me a clean heart, O Lord. Give me eyes to see things the way You see them and keep me from deception. Thank You for the gift of discernment so that I do not fall into the devils traps. May You also do this for all of my brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-17-2014, 10:43 AM
May 18

Prayer for the Power of the Holy Spirit

O Holy Spirit, descend plentifully into my heart. Enlighten the dark corners of this neglected dwelling and scatter there Thy cheerful beams.

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy.
Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.
Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy.
Amen.

by (Saint) Augustine of Hippo, 398 A.D.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you that I am well, and strong and able to work. I do appreciate the work You have called me to do. Lord, sometimes I do get weary, but help me not to complain. I am most blessed to be Your child and I thank You for Your abundant blessings in my life. Many lack the blessings I have. I am grateful that I am not hungry and I do not have bombs going off above my house. Lord, I pray for my brothers and sisters in the world that are experiencing those trials. Protect them and provide for them. I will not complain of my light afflictions when I think of many in the world that do not even have the essentials of a secure home. Lord, use each of us who are Your children to reach out to those that do not have the blessings that we have. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, Father of us all, grant that we may know something of you in our hearts. Each one of us is different, with his own particular needs, but we are all your children and should all become children of your Spirit. Then even in the difficulties of life, in the many struggles, temptations, and sorrows, we can keep up our courage and remain in the Spirit, who is victorious in every aspect of life. Protect and strengthen us on all our ways. We praise you for all you have done and for all the help you have given us. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-18-2014, 11:13 AM
May 19

For Those Who Suffer

God of time and of eternity, in your hands you hold the souls of the righteous, and in your heart there is room for all people; shine forth upon all who are tried in the furnace of suffering and illness, and especially on those for whom I pray today; in your grace and mercy may we know that you watch over us; bring us at the last to abide with you in love; I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray that Christ will dwell in my heart through faith. Also, I pray that I, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge–that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Amen

Lord God, may I comprehend the sacredness of friendship. I thank thee for my friends, and for all the beautiful influences which they bring to my life. May I never hold friendship without the sincerity to return it. Correct my faults, and cause me to learn the secret of cheerful endurance, that I may be steadfast. Amen.

Lord, most of us will not become well-known or be written about because of great achievements, but we will be known and loved for our attitude and the smaller ordinary things that we do that make our part of the world a better place. Inspire us, Lord, each day, to find joy in giving as well as in receiving, and lead us to act justly, love tenderly, and walk humbly with you, our God. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the many wonderful promises for all of Your children. I do thank you for the promise of long life, not only for me, but for all of my family members. I claim Psalm 91 over our lives. Thank you for watching over us all the time. Lord, now that I am older and have had many experiences, help me to be gracious in sharing the things that I have learned over the years. Help me to also keep my mouth shut when I should and allow others to learn from You. Thank you for helping me to grow old graciously. Lord, bless all of Your older saints who are still serving You around the world. Strengthen and protect them. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, we thank you that we have often felt you close to us. We thank you that you are near us and that you strengthen the weak. Remember us and give each one the help he needs to be true to his calling. Remember all mankind and grant that we may go forward in spirit and in truth. Give new light to the peoples who are still in great darkness. Let your kingdom and your reign be revealed and your name at last be honored by all. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-18-2014, 11:14 AM
May 20

Father, I pray that I may be filled with the love of God. You are able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine, according to your power that is at work within me. To you goes all the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Lord God, I do earnestly pray that thou wilt give me strength to break away, if I may be trying to free myself from habits that mar my character. May I not lose courage and fall back in the old ways, but by faith be led where I should go. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for being patient with me in times past, when I know my sins caused You grief and anger. Help me to have the same kind of patience and love toward those who cause me to be angry. Lord, I choose to love them, and thank you for Your power to demonstrate that love. Father, I do forgive all who would sin against me and I ask You to bless them with the knowledge of Your love and truth. Lord, I pray especially for all my brothers and sisters in the Lord. May we all walk in Your love and forgiveness toward each other so that the world may see Your love in us and as they witness this love, may they desire to know You, the God of love. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Building Up Each Other

Dear Father, giver of great joy, I hope that in my effort to get others to live for you that I will never lord it over their faith. Help me work with them for their joy. Let them stand firm in freedom in their faith. Help my contacts with them not cause pain, but let my joy be their joy, and let their joy be my joy! Help us to work together in a common goal in the Lord. Help us work for each other's upbuilding in holiness. In the name of Jesus and in full confidence of salvation through him I ask all these things. Amen.

Lord our God, give us your Spirit, we pray, that we may learn to understand what we are and what tasks you have set for us. We thank you for all the light you give us. Grant that we and many others may come closer to knowledge of the truth and be at peace about all that belongs in your hands, our Father in heaven. Keep us now and forevermore in your almighty hand. May we know your goodness and the blessing it brings. For through your goodness we can endure even the hardest days and be victorious in the battle of life. Amen.

Seeking Healing From God

O God, the source of all health: So fill my heart with faith in your love, that with calm expectancy I may make room for your power to possess me, and gracefully accept your healing; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Source: Book of Common Prayer 1979

bluidkiti
05-20-2014, 09:34 AM
May 21

To Spread the Gospel

Father God, through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior you have found my heart worthy enough to save, and have entrusted me to spread the Gospel. You have handed to me the very keys to the kingdom of heaven. Let me not grow weary of His cause. And by His grace and mercies given to me, let me be proven worthy of my call. As your Son taught us, the harvest is plentiful, but the gatherers are few. Let me stand for my call in Jesus Christ and take my place among those who gather, not by argument and rancor, but by living as a shining light before the world, always ready to witness to your gifts, your Word, and your glory. Amen.

For Faith

Most High, Glorious God, enlighten the darkness of my mind. Give me a right faith, a firm hope and a perfect charity, so that I may always and in all things act according to Your Holy Will. Amen.

Lord God, I can think of some of the chemicals my body is made of and the way the different cells of my body interact, but I know how much more a human being really is. I pray that I may always appreciate the wonder of the human body, mind and spirit. I pray for good health, an inquiring mind, and a spirit that seeks all that is good, knowing that I will only be fully at rest and in peace as I live in your presence. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for being in charge of my life. I know that I am not just a lost boat drifting in a storm when I belong to You. I thank you that You are guiding me and directing me in all of my ways. Lord, when You choose me to do anything for You, please empower me and give me the grace to accomplish it. I know that my life is planned by You and that each person who comes into it, is sent by You, when I am committed to Your will. May I grow from those encounters and be a blessing to them. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Ready to Forgive

2 Corinthians 1:23-2:11 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=2+Corinthians+1:23-2:11&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, God of forgiveness,

Father, help me, when someone sins, to encourage him or her to repent, then to forgive and comfort that person in your love.

Help all Christians to affirm such loving forgiveness and to comfort each other so that Satan will not gain the advantage over us, for we are not ignorant that his designs are that we should be unforgiving.

In the name of Jesus and in full confidence of salvation through him I ask all these things. Amen.

Dear Lord, grant me the strength to get through today. Grant me your wisdom to handle situations I cannot control.

bluidkiti
05-21-2014, 09:54 AM
May 22

Praise and Thanks this Morning

Hallelujah! The sun has risen again and it is morning! And I have awoken into it, alive, breathing, thinking, knowing that the Son will rise again and I will be saved. What did I do to deserve this day? It is a gift from you. Glory and praise to you, my God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for filling me with life to live another day, for it is you who made me and not me myself.

I resolve to spend this day in the presence of the Holy Spirit, filled with his joy and energy, that I might accomplish your will, my God, and do what I can to deserve the joys of the day, for I know my time here is short. Be with me, oh Holy Spirit, to fill me with the energy and positivity and comfort that only you can bring. In Christ's name I pray that thy will be done, Amen.

Meditation

[Let me remember the importance of every hour of life.]

To Help Everyone I Meet

Holy God, I pray that today the love I show to my fellow man will not be a sham, but fashioned in a sincere heart; may your Holy Spirit be powerful in me, blinding me to annoyances and putting aside selfish greed, so that I may lift up the people I meet, showing them warm affection and leaving them filled with good spirits and confidence. If they are sorrowful, lead me to console them. If they are lost, let me show them the path. Help me always to seek after good rather than evil, and to display, for the whole world to see, the miracle you have worked in my soul.

In the name of Christ, who was always ready to teach and heal and save, I pray, Amen.

The Lord bless us and keep us. The Lord make his face to shine upon us, and be gracious unto us. The Lord lift up his countenance upon us, and give us peace, this day and evermore. Amen.

My Father, I thank thee that nature reveals thy power as she unfolds her beauty and wonder to the searching eye. Guide me that I may see in the little flower the smile of welcome, the look of kindness, and the beauty of hope which it renders to all; and may I learn from it thy protection in the smallest things of life. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for all that You have provided for me. Help me not to be stressful, when I have need of certain things and I do not see how they will be supplied. My trust is in You and I know that You will never leave me nor forsake me. Lord, I am grateful for a peaceful home. Fill all who visit our home with Your peace. Let us serve those that You send to our house. Lord, I pray for marriages that are hurting because of so much stress. Show them the changes that they need to make, and give them the grace to make them. May Your peace permeate the whole body of Christ as You have intended. I ask this in Your name. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for all that you do. I ask you to forgive me when I judge others. Help me be more understanding and forgiving as no one is perfect, least of all me.

bluidkiti
05-21-2014, 09:54 AM
May 23

Prayer for Peace

Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so move every human heart, that barriers which divide us may crumble, suspicions disappear and hatreds cease; that our divisions being healed, we may live together in justice and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Almighty God, if I am overwhelmed by the tides of temptation and discouragement, let me not drift away to sea, but anchor and take harbor in thee. May I not be afraid to trust in thy protection, but calmly wait and watch for thy deliverance. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you that You called me to be Your servant. Lord, give me the grace to serve You well. I do thank You for Your wisdom also. Guide me daily in the things that I must do and show me my priorities. Help me to be sensitive to the needs of those around me. Lord, I am looking to You to meet all of my needs. Give me peace and confidence when I must deal with situations that are difficult for me. May I speak the truth in love and be open myself for correction when You see something in my life that needs changing. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear God and Father of us all, sanctify us in your truth. Your Word is truth. We come before your presence and ask you to touch us with your Spirit, to shape our lives in the truth and in the joy of your name. Touch us with your Spirit, that we may carry out our tasks in your service. May your face shine on us and on all needy people who turn to you. May your power be given ever more fully, and may your cause become great in the world until at last it brings new life to all nations. Amen.

Dear Father, when happiness leaves my soul and I am left with only a void, I say your name and my heart again fills with joy.

bluidkiti
05-22-2014, 09:57 AM
May 24

For the Day Ahead

Oh Lord God, I come to you in the morning, full of hope that the day to come might be filled with joy and energy. Grant that I may do my work with a light and happy heart; and if there are tasks that I do not look forward to, or even dread, let me undertake them with courage and resolve. For this day could be perfect, if I can only live it in You and with You and for You.

Where I face frustration today, let me handle it with acceptance and faith that the outcome is in Your hands. Lead me away from anger or judgment of other people. Let me tend to my own garden instead of looking over the fence. If my neighbor's yard is filled with weeds, help me not to criticize, and keep me from envy of those whose tree bears more fruit.

And let everything I attempt be filled with the knowledge and guidance of Your Holy Spirit. I pray that the Spirit will be with me at every moment, and that I will always be aware of Him, and live every moment of this day in Your presence. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[Doing my work with a light and happy heart.]

Almighty God, by your Holy Spirit you have made me one with your saints in heaven and on earth. Grant that in my earthly pilgrimage I may always be supported by this fellowship of love and prayer, and know myself to be surrounded by their witness to your power and mercy. I ask this for the sake of Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.

Father, I thank you for choosing me before the foundation of the world. I receive your Word that says that I am holy and without blame. As your dearly beloved child, I clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. I bear with others and forgive whatever grievances I may have against them. I forgive as the Lord forgives me. Over all these virtues, I put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Amen

Lord Jesus, you promised to be with your people always, and so we know that you are with us in good times and bad. Nothing that ever happens to us can separate us from your love. Help us always to be positive in our attitude that we may seek and find the best in people and in situations, and so draw good out of all that happens to us. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for being patient with me in my trials. I have failed many of my tests the first time around, but because of Your love and mercy, I have been given another chance to overcome. Each time You have strengthened me until I have been able to overcome the devil with his temptations. Lord, I do want to be conformed into Your image. It seems so impossible, but You said that with You there is nothing impossible, so I am believing You to do the work in my life that is necessary so that I might overcome and please You. Lord, be merciful and help all of us, Your children. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

We thank you, dear Father in heaven, for the many times you let us experience that we do not need to despair because of darkness, weakness, or sickness. You hear the desires of our hearts. You love us for all that we love when we love the Savior and when we praise his name. Let us remain in this spirit. Come to us with many proofs of your power, to the glory of your name. Come in the inner quiet of heart through which we are able to grasp what it means for us that you are our Father in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father, with you my voice is lifted up to the heavens, my heart soars to new heights. I ask that joy and love continue to surround me when I face hatred and sorrow.

bluidkiti
05-22-2014, 10:17 AM
May 25

Call to Sunday Worship

O Lord, I beseech you mercifully to hear my prayers, and the prayers of all your people who call upon you; and grant that we may both perceive and know what things we ought to do, and also may have grace and power faithfully to fulfill them; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Meditation

[The Lord hears our prayers.]

Dear Lord, if I insist on running my car on molasses when its inventor meant it to run on gasoline, I'll come to grief. ... In Your sovereign plan, You have given me FREEDOM to deny You or to choose You, to go my own way and make my own rules, or to go Your way and live by Your rules! ... Oh Lord, help me to get beyond my "intelligent reasoning" and realize in my spirit that it's only when I choose to make Your will my will that I find my life's greatest fulfillment. Your high octane fuel is the only way to go! Forgive me, Lord, for thinking I could find the answers without You.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

Almighty God, I pray that I may have a true appreciation of the quality of life. Reveal to me my responsibilities and help me to make them my opportunities. Keep me in search of thoughts and deeds that will increase the delight of my soul. Amen.

Be a bright flame before me, Lord.
Be a guiding star above me.
Be a smooth path below me.
Be a kindly shepherd behind me
- today, tonight, and forever. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your love toward me. Lord, I ask You to place in me the same kind of love You have for the lost and the poor. I pray for the lost and ask You to work in the hearts of those who are seeking for You, yet are looking in the wrong places. Father, I need a tender and understanding heart toward the poor. May I be sensitive to Your leading so that I know where I should give, so that the poor are helped in the right way. Lord, thank you for blessing me so that I can bless others. I ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

To Spread the Gospel

Father God, through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior you have found my heart worthy enough to save, and have entrusted me to spread the Gospel. You have handed to me the very keys to the kingdom of heaven. Let me not grow weary of His cause. And by His grace and mercies given to me, let me be proven worthy of my call. As your Son taught us, the harvest is plentiful, but the gatherers are few. Let me stand for my call in Jesus Christ and take my place among those who gather, not by argument and rancor, but by living as a shining light before the world, always ready to witness to your gifts, your Word, and your glory. Amen.

For Forgiveness

Almighty Father; I enter your presence confessing the things I try to conceal from you and the things I try to conceal from others. I confess the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow I have caused, that make it difficult for others to forgive me, the times I have made it easy for others to do wrong, the harm I have done that makes it hard for me to forgive myself. Lord have mercy on me, and forgive for all my sins against you and against others, through the grace of my Lord, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me, and let me praise you and remember you in my every action and thought, for the entire week long. In Christ's name I ask this, Amen.

Day by Day

Day by day, dear Lord of you
Three things I pray:
To see you more clearly,
To love you more dearly,
To follow you more nearly,
Day by day.

- St. Richard of Chichester

Dear Father, thank you for today and all that you do. I love you Lord with all my heart. Please help me show this love to others as I go about the day.

bluidkiti
05-23-2014, 10:17 AM
May 26

For a Sense of Wonder at God's Creation

Dear Lord, grant me the grace of wonder. Surprise me, amaze me, awe me in every crevice of your universe. Delight me to see how your Christ plays in ten thousand places, in limbs and eyes not His, to be the father through the features of men's faces. Each day enrapture me with your marvelous things without number. I do not ask to see the reason for it all; I ask only to share the wonder of it all. Amen.

Meditation

[Seeing Christ in other people.]

Prayer to Be Filled with Christ’s Love (from Ephesians 14)

Heavenly Father, when I think of the wonder of your great plan for our salvation, I fall on my knees before you, who has named every name in heaven or on earth, and I pray that out of your richness of your glory, you will strengthen me in my inner being with your Spirit, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I may be rooted and grounded in love, that I may have strength to comprehend with all the saints the breadth and length and height and depth of the love of Christ Jesus, the love that surpasses knowledge, and be filled with the fullness that only you can give. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day; and whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Eternal God, I pray that thou wilt graciously restore my spirits if I may have settled into despondency over my disappointments. May I have the will to rise above them, and patiently strive for renewed hope. Amen.

Father, God of love, as I come to recognize you in the faces of those people you have placed into my life, I ask that I may grow as the loving person you call me to be. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for all that You have given me. Lord, forgive this generation of families that have failed one another. Restore the breaches in families and homes. Give the children a submissive spirit toward their parents and speak to them to honor their mothers and fathers. Give the fathers and mothers the love and wisdom that they need to minister to their children. Heal those relationships and restore the broken homes . Heal our land, O Lord. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for wanting to give us happiness and for holding our earthly life firmly in your hands. May we have the confidence that we are in your hands. Grant us the light of faith. Let this light of faith guide us in material things and help us to wait in patience until the doors open for us to pass through according to your pleasure. So bless us all. Bless our life. May we grow joyful and free of heart through all that Jesus Christ gives. On the foundation he establishes for us may your divine working, your fatherly love, lift and support us throughout our lives. Amen.

O heavenly Father, in whom we live and move and have our being: We humbly pray thee so to guide and govern us by thy Holy Spirit, that in all the cares and occupations of our life we may not forget thee, but may remember that we are ever walking in thy sight; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-23-2014, 10:19 AM
May 27

Prayer of St. Richard of Chichester (1230 A.D.)

Thanks be to thee, my Lord Jesus Christ, For all the benefits thou hast won for me,
For all the pains and insults thou hast borne for me.

O most merciful Redeemer, Friend, and Brother,
May I know thee more clearly,
Love thee more dearly,
And follow thee more nearly
For ever and ever.
Amen.

Meditation

[May I know Christ more clearly.]

Prayers for Those Torn by Alcohol and Drugs

I pray, O God of hope, for all persons and families whose lives are torn and disrupted by drugs and alcohol. Enable them to identify the illness. Strengthen them to seek help. Bless them with the power of your love, which imparts transformation and wholeness to those who trust in your name. Grant that as they walk this tortured road, they may journey together, bound close together in the bond of love. Shine your light upon them, Lord Christ, that they may see the path out of their misery, and give them the strength to follow it. Amen.

Walk with me, dear Lord, so that I may not be alone as I face this day, but always in your presence. Your joy is a lighthouse in a world often dark with sin, and I pray that I may reflect the light of your truth, to inspire others as I have been inspired. In the name of Christ, bless me this day, and all whom I may meet. Amen.

God our Father, when times are difficult, I ask for courage and determination. When there is hostility between people, lead me to see the best in people and in situations, and give me the gift of making peace. Remove from me whatever contradicts your love that I may share more fully the Good News of your love. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for teaching me Your Word. Help me to always obey it as I know that You bless all who adhere to Your commandments. Forgive me when I fail You, and give me the grace to forgive those who have offended and sinned against me. Lord, help me guard my mouth, and not to repeat things that are not edifying to others. Help me to be a peacemaker. Lord, may I never be guilty of taking a bribe. Lord, may all the gifts I give to others be totally given in love, with no strings attached to them. I do not want to be guilty of expecting someone to return a favor to me because I gave to them. Help us all to live as godly examples before our friends and family. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, our Father in heaven, we thank you for letting us receive so much that is good in all circumstances on earth. We thank you that we can have joy in life in spite of our shortcomings, mistakes, and worries. You bless us with heavenly gifts, so that rejoicing, we can walk on earth as if in heaven. Keep the gifts of your Spirit alive in us. Keep alive in us everything that Jesus Christ was, everything he is, and everything he will be on earth for all people. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-27-2014, 11:11 AM
May 28

O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to your fold again. Deal favourably with me according to your good pleasure, until I may dwell in your house all the days of my life, and praise you forever and ever with them that are there. Amen.

from a prayer of St. Jerome, 408 A.D.

Father, it is your desire that I prosper and be in health, even as my soul prospers. In the name of Jesus, I put off the old man with its wrong attitudes and behaviors, and put on the new man created in righteousness. I receive and welcome the Word that contains the power to save my soul— to root out strongholds that are contrary to the Truth. I will diligently obey the message; being a doer of the Word and not merely a listener. Thank You for helping me overcome wrong ideas about financial freedom. I will ever be humbly grateful and one with you as I experience financial success in the name of Jesus. Amen

My Lord, inspire me with kind words and thoughtful deeds, that I may share the yearnings and sympathy of others. May my life show that I am dependable, and may none be left lonely today because of my forgetfulness. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we read in the gospel that you spoke individually to many people and said:
“Be cured”; Lk 5 13
“Get up and walk”; Lk 5 24
“What do you want me to do for you?” Mt 20 32
“Of course I want to cure you: be healed”; Mt 8 3
“Let what you want be done for you”; Mt 9 29
“Receive your sight”; Lk 18 42
“Receive back your hearing”; Mk 7 34
“Young man, arise”; Lk 7 15
“Go, your son will live”; Jn 4 50
“Go, your faith has saved you.” Mk 10 52
Knowing that you are present in our midst, we ask you today to touch each one of us individually and bring us your healing of body, mind and spirit. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you so much for Your mercy on me when I have made wrong choices in my life, out of my own rebellion. Thank you for giving me the eyes to see my folly and repent of it and turn back to You. Lord, I ask for the grace to continue to walk in wisdom. Help me to be humble when I am corrected, and not to think of myself more highly than I ought to. Let me hear Your words when You speak to me, through whatever means You may use. Bless all of those who are struggling right now in their lives with things that are difficult. Strengthen those who are weak today, and give them a song in their heart which will be their strength. Thank you for Your forgiveness and mercy! In Jesus' mighty Name, Amen.

God's Treasure Revealed

2 Corinthians 4:7-12 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=2+Corinthians+4:7-12&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, powerful sustainer,

Thank you for putting your treasure in a cracked clay pot like me so that it will be evident that the treasure is from you, the transcendent and powerful God, and not from me, the container.

Thank you for upholding all who serve you. When I am afflicted in every way, I am not crushed; when perplexed, I am not driven to despair; when persecuted, I am not forsaken; when struck down, I am not destroyed.

Reveal your immortality through my mortal body. May unbelievers see the glorious work you are doing in my life.

I come as your humble servant, in the name of your only Son. Amen.

Dear Lord, our time on earth is short. Please help me realize that it is not the amount of time, but the quality of the time I spend that counts.

Thank You, Father

Thank you, Father, for bread and meat.
Thank you for the friends we meet.
Thank you for our Moms and Dads.
Thank you for the love we have.
Thank you for our work and play.
Thank you for another day.
In Jesus' name.
Amen.

bluidkiti
05-27-2014, 11:12 AM
May 29

Prayer to Live this Day with God

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank you that I can see or hear your Word this morning. Let me give thanks all day for what I have, especially your eternal love, and forgive me this day when I go astray, by my thoughts or actions; my only aim is to please you, to know and do your will. Guide my every step. Help me to live this day with wisdom and discretion so that I may not fall short of your glory. Protect me from danger, both in the world and in my attitude. Give me the gift of a clear mind, that I might hear the quiet voice of your Spirit. Help to massage away resentments and blame for things gone by, that would eat my energy and poison my mind; but instead, help me to look to the moment, to what I can do, to work for the future. And let me never become frustrated where I lack control of events, for you are in charge, not me; and I put my entire faith in your power, your knowledge, your plan for humanity. Your are my leader and my coach, Lord. I am on your team. Help me to keep this in mind for just today, in Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[The quiet voice of the Spirit.]

For All Who Serve Others

O Lord our heavenly Father, whose blessed Son came not to be ministered unto, but to minister; I pray for your blessing on all who, following in his steps, give themselves to the service of their fellow men. Endue them with wisdom, patience, and courage, that they may strengthen the weak and raise up those who fall; and, being inspired by your love, may worthily minister in your name to the suffering, the friendless, the lost, and the needy. Inspire them with perseverance; when they feel unappreciated, comfort them in knowledge of the blessing they earn by
their service; and to those who teach, let your Holy Spirit guide them in their teaching, that they always know and speak the truth of your Word. For the sake of him who laid down his life for us, the same thy Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen.

God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, and Spirit of God amidst us, direct our way unto you. Make us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Amen.

This is the day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it! My delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on Your law I habitually meditate (ponder and study) by day and by night. Then I shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water; ready to bring forth fruit in my season; my leaf shall not fade or wither, and everything I do shall prosper and come to maturity. Amen

Dear Lord, often I am too hard on myself and others, setting impossible standards and agonizing over past hurts, or over my own past sins of omission and commission. ... Remind me that a butterfly would remain earthbound and useless if it tried to hold on to its cocoon. Teach me not to spoil the opportunities of the day by refusing to surrender the past to You. ... Help me to know that Your love forgives, surrounds and challenges me each day. Set me free, that all my actions and words may more truly glorify You! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

(c) 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, I ask that you inspire me always to do my best - not comparing myself with others, but only with myself. Lead me, Lord, to discover and use my own talents to the full. May I live in such a way that I help others to experience success. Inspire me to be generous in praising others for the good use of their abilities - looking not so much at the degree of achievement but at the effort put in. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for the wonderful ways in which You take care of me. I do appreciate Your watchcare over my family and friends. Lord, I do desire to remain humble in my dealings with others who oppose me. Give me Your grace and wisdom when I must handle controversy. May I be humble when I am tested in this way and trust You to defend me instead of getting into contention with others. Lord, bless those who are reading this today and strengthen them to do Your will. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Spirit of Faith

2 Corinthians 4:13-15 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=2+Corinthians+4:13-15&t=NAS&sr=1)

Heavenly Father, giver of life and faith,

Thank you for the spirit of grace which enables me to believe.

May I have the same spirit of faith as he who wrote, "I believed, and so I spoke." I believe too, and so let me speak!

I believe (I know!) that you, the God who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise me with Jesus and bring me into his presence.

As your grace extends to more and more people may they pour out their thanksgiving - to your glory!

In the name of Jesus, who intercedes for me, I praise you for such wonderful blessings. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgiveness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.

In Time of Need

Heavenly Father, in my present need, help me to believe that you are aware of my anxiety and will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust you and put the present and future in your hands. Grant this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

“A Prayer For Being A Good Listener”

Father, it’s interesting that we often plead for Your attention and certainly expect You to listen to our prayers and You assure us through Your word that You hear us when we call on You. But for true fellowship to exist we too must listen to Your voice through Scripture, through fellow believers, through Your many works of creation, and through Your still small voice that beckons our attention. You have so much to tell us that will often encourage us, sometimes reprove us, but always spur us on to good works and needed spiritual perspective as we journey here below. Help us to listen, to heed, and to be steadfast in our fellowship with You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

bluidkiti
05-28-2014, 10:40 AM
May 30

Prayer at Daybreak (by Archimandrite Sophronios)

O Lord Eternal and Creator of all things, who with your unknowable goodness called me to this life; I have no life, no light, no joy or wisdom, no strength except in you, O God. I entreat you, teach me to pray aright. Purify me from all taint of flesh and spirit. Bless this day which you give to me, your unworthy servant.

By the power of your blessing enable me, throughout this day, to speak and act to your glory with a pure spirit, with humility, patience, love, gentleness, peace, courage and wisdom. Let me be always aware of your presence. By the power of your love, grant me to hold fast to that which is good. Preserve me from every word or deed that corrupts the soul; from every impulse unpleasing in your sight and hurtful to my fellow man, my brothers and sisters. This in Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[I have no wisdom except in God.]

Prayer of Thanks

For the gladness here where the sun is shining at evening on the weeds at the river,
Our prayer of thanks.
For the laughter of children who tumble barefooted and bareheaded in the summer grass,
Our prayer of thanks.
For the sunset and the stars, the women and the white arms that hold us,
Our prayer of thanks.

God, the game is all your way, the secrets and the signals and the system; and so for the break of the game and the first play and the last.
Our prayer of thanks. Amen.

from Our Prayer of Thanks by Carl Sandburg

Now unto him that is able to keep me from falling, and to present me faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

In the name of Jesus, I cast all my cares, worries and concerns over on you, my Lord. I am not sufficient unto myself, but you are my sufficiency, and I will remember you, my Lord, my God, for you give me the power to get wealth, that you may establish your covenant. Out of the abundance of my heart I shall say, “Let the Lord be magnified, who takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” I shall meditate on and talk of your righteousness, rightness and justice, and my reason for praising you all the day long. Amen.

Dear Lord, when everything seems to be flying apart in my life and I feel overwhelmed, remind me to stop everything, to sit quietly, to center in on You, and to read Your Word. For only as I return to oneness with You can my harmony be restored. ... Remind me that You are my Shepherd, and I shall not want for inner peace, for strength, for confidence, and for answers, for You have promised that Your Holy Spirit will lead me into all truth and show me where I need to change. ... Thank You, Lord, for always being there for me when I turn to You. In Your name I pray. Amen.

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Heavenly Father, cause the newness of life to continue to flow through my heart, that I may not be fatigued, as I struggle with discouragements. Release me from hopeless cares that I have made mine, thinking they were thine. May I trust in the boundless limit of thy mercy, and rejoice in the world of living light. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the many gifts You have given me. I do appreciate the gift of wisdom and discernment. I am grateful that You have spared me from many a heartache. Thank you also for the sound advice in the Word of God. Give me the grace and strength to always obey Your Word, as I know You know what is best for me. Bless my family and friends today and keep them from the wicked one. Thank you for Your provision for this day. Help me not to stress about tomorrow. I trust that You have all things under Your control and I believe You will take care of me and my problems. Give this same faith to others who are needing to hear from You. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Weight of Glory

2 Corinthians 4:16-5:21 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?query=2+Corinthians+4:16-5:21&t=NAS&sr=1)

Dear Father, invisible but absolutely real,

Let me not lose heart. I know from your word that my light and momentary troubles are working for me an eternal weight of glory that far outweighs them all.

Help me fix my eyes not on the things that are seen, but on the things that are unseen, for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Help me to live by faith and not by sight. I want to trust you completely.

In the name of Jesus I praise and thank you for all your great mercies and your continuing and constant grace. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.

bluidkiti
05-28-2014, 10:41 AM
May 31

Prayer to Hear God’s Word

Dear God, There is only one voice that is perfect truth, and that is yours: the voice of your Spirit and the voice of your Word. Help me, I pray, to hear your voice clearly. For I tend to lose it in the cacophony. I am filled with the sound of my own voice, with the sense my importance and the correctness of my thought; and on top of that, I am besieged by dozens and hundreds and thousands of words and voices telling me all kinds of things.

Lead me to read your Word without listening to any voice but yours. Let me hear your truth and read your Word without adding to it or subtracting from it, without twisting it to meet the demands of my own preconceptions. Let me not deny your Word because it is inconvenient for me; even if I cannot follow it today, let me know the truth. Where your teaching and my thoughts conflict, help me to change. Help me to set aside my prejudice, my illusions of knowledge, my rationalizations, so that I can learn; and even if I do not follow your Word perfectly, let me know where to ask forgiveness. This I ask in the name of my only Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Meditation

[I drown out the voice of God with my own.]

For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole human race, O Lord; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us; unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth.

That, in your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

May the God of peace, who declared victory over death by the resurrection of His only Son, Jesus Christ, make me perfect in every thought and act through His grace, that my life might be pleasing in his sight and that I might share the perfect peace that is only possible through Him, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

God our Father, I pray that I may live in such a way that I choose wisely each day, and take responsibility for the choices that I make. Inspire me to use for good my education and all the challenges that I will face, that I may grow more fully human, and do good to those around me. Teach me to discern good from evil that I may grow in integrity of character and develop a true sense of values through following Jesus, your Son and our Brother. Amen.

Dear Father, Thank you for this beautiful day. As I breath in the fresh air, please help me never forget that each day is a gift.