PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Mom?

MariaMria
04-29-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm beginning this thread for myself and others who had mother's who were highly critical and even abusive. My own mother suffered from Borderline Personality Disorder and left me badly scared. I can look back now and realize that the wounds of my childhood were huge contributors to my problem drinking.

MajestyJo
04-29-2014, 02:12 PM
I c an identify. My mother was a good Christian woman. She was restricted by her beliefs and she was never taught, so how could see pass it on.

She used food to deal with my father's alcoholism and adultery and she died at the age of 40, 28 days short of her 41st birthday.

I was a few years sober, when I went to my spiritual adviser, thinking I had lost it and admitted to him that I had found myself talking to my mother. She died when I was 21. He said, "Perhaps, you have finally forgiven her."

Her sister died at the age of 21, when my mom was 7. I was named after her. JoAnne is my given name, but it reads Beatrice JoAnne, on my birth certificate. I hated the name for many years. It was until I was in the program, worked through the steps, and got a change in attitude, and saw it as `It is okay to Bea Jo.`

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/animals-elephants-mice/0003.gif