PDA

View Full Version : What you did firts after you rehab?

Denzov
06-19-2014, 10:38 AM
As most of the case, i was also an addict but after the rehab camp, i felt like, i got new birth, my life , my thinking all got changed. My family members who were always in trouble because of me, now they feel proud due to the step for rehab.
when i came back from rehab center the first thing i had done, is to visit church , i really thanks god for guiding me the right way at right time.

Would like to read about your experience.

Thank you,
Dan

MajestyJo
06-20-2014, 12:54 AM
Went with my friend who graduated with me, then we both ended up back at the house for dinner and watched a movie with the other clients. I went back with her and didn't go home to the YWCA until midnight.

I didn't want to be in rehab and wondered how I would last 6 weeks. I was only a few blocks from the Y, but managed to stay. When I could leave, I didn't want to. Three of us graduated, and we all went to meetings. One girl didn't go that often and she relapsed at 13 months sober. We felt like she was over due for a meeting, so the two of us went to her place and held a meeting.

They say ¨The Devil makes work for idol hands.¨ It is not in the Bible according to this link.

http://www.gotquestions.org/idle-hands-devils-workshop.html

MariaMria
06-27-2014, 04:37 AM
After rehab center my relatives organized a picnic and called all my friends who supported me. I shared my story of How I was in Rehab center and told them how I love them and how I appreciate their help. It was amazing.

MajestyJo
06-28-2014, 08:49 AM
How awesome! I didn't have the support of my family. My home group and AA as a whole became my family. They loved me back to good health. When my family saw the change in me, they were more accepting, but in today, I still get a lot of condescention and holier than though attitudes. They are in the church, and even though my sister grew up in the same dysfunction family as I did, she did drink and smoke in the past. If their actions and life are Christian, I don't want it.

The spirituality of AA helped me find spirituality in my religious beliefs and my religious beliefs were enhanced by my spiritual beliefs. When I got to AA, I felt like I was home.