PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Lady1021
06-25-2014, 08:15 AM
Hello,
I am new to sobriety. I found my way into AA through my therapist in early October 2013 and haven't had a drink since. AA has been a miracle for me and I feel like I'm working a good program so far. I've been a member of online communities, mostly message boards for well over a decade, not to mention most of my college classes are hybrid, requiring daily participation in forum discussions so this is a medium I'm pretty comfortable with. I like the idea of interacting through written word since face-to-face connections have been a struggle for me. Being that fellowship is a major part of AA, I figured these forums would be a nice way for me supplement my program while I work on becoming more comfortable bonding with my fellows 'in real life'. I have been reading the daily recovery passages on this site almost since I began this journey and it's been a great comfort to me. Thanks for being here!

MajestyJo
06-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the site Lady, so glad you signed in to say hello. We have a lot of recovery material on the site and hope you will continue to come and share with us.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_Bp_KxppA7sX0cRuKfhjeCt3Xa_JJQ iZfDnCfg3Ipb1dQA0k5

Lady1021
06-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks! You seem like a very active moderator, which I love. The material on this site invaluable and can be a great comfort to me in the early morning hours when my brain is still waking up and no one is around. I couldn't afford to buy all the literature so I feel lucky to have it here to access at any time, even on ten minute breaks at work.