PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 - Please keep me in your prayer

stk
07-05-2014, 02:31 PM
I believe in the power of prayer and of intercession. Could you please pray for me today as I embark on the 2nd day of recovery and this new journey? Thank you so much and I will be praying for you too! God bless you all.

Shawn:28:

yukonm
07-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Prayers for you!! :195:

MajestyJo
07-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Thanks for reaching out and asking for help. Continued prayers for you, one day at a time.

Found it important, especially since I wasn't able to work. I went to a meeting in the morning, went with another girl to free things, walk in the park (got on a teeter totter), and got in touch with our inner child. Went to a meeting at night. There was a big void as a result of giving up the drugs in my life, I had to fill that space with spiritual things.

When I quit smoking, I did the same thing. Instead of gaining 30 lbs. I lost 3 lbs. I went to NA meetings at night, no Nicotine Anonymous in my area. It has been 16 years since I smoked my last cigarette. When push comes to shove, I often think one would taste so good, it would cover up and stuff those feelings I don't want to deal with, but a cigarette would kill me faster than a drink or a pill.

Just for today, I choose not to use, no matter what.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQicR0sanS_BeRo5ERPE2kKZS7knLNGg iqFICkB_y12WsmqtqoIng