PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

Erics Dilemma
08-13-2014, 10:29 AM
My name is Eric. I am new to the forums. I found these forums in a recovery forum google search. I am 27 years old and I currently have about 4 1/2 months sober. I live in sober living and am pretty involved with the house and chapter that I am a part of.

I've been white-knuckling it though. I go to 3-5 AA meetings a week, but I haven't worked up the courage to just walk up to someone and ask them to sponsor me. I'm kind of a shy person and I get nervous in large groups.

I want to start working the steps but I need some direction. Is there anyone on here that would be willing to maybe be my temporary sponsor? Just until I can become comfortable enough to find one in the meeting halls..

I had 8 months dry white knuckling it, went back out. And here I am again. I know that I don't ever want to go back out again. I also know that I can't stay sober if I'm not working the steps. I've tried my way.. now I'm willing to try something else.

MajestyJo
08-14-2014, 05:31 AM
Welcome Erics, so glad you signed in and made the decision to share. Hope you will continue to come to the site, there is a lot of recovery material here. Food for the body, mind, and spirit that might help take away those white knuckles.

I was told to look for someone who had what I didn't have and what I wanted to aim toward. Perhaps you will find a quiet person who you can relate to and together you can journey through the Steps, one day at a time.

White knuckles often slip, you need a support group that will help you from falling. So sorry I missed your post yesterday, it just goes to show that you need to click on headings to see ALL the posts, not just the last one post.

Hope you keep coming back. There is step work on the site, no matter what fellowship you belong to. Personally, I qualify for most of them.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxdKLd5sxlwq7K_LPGZVdcyxKJmJXgu bq2UqxbPD7nxYmBATXB

yukonm
08-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Hi Eric,
Welcome to our community. I am so glad that you found us. I do understand about white-knuckling it. Please get involved and participate in the AA meetings. Get telephone numbers of men and call them. A network of others in recovery is invaluable.
Keep coming here and posting. Read through the different forums, there's tons of information here. Hope to hear from you again soon.

LookingOut
08-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Hi Eric and welcome! Congratulations on your sober time!

Pray and keep going to the meetings and a person will be shown to you. You can always ask someone to be a temporary sponsor until something else works out. You can try some different meetings. It is good to observe for a while to see who might be a good match for yourself, but don't let that be an excuse to not get connected and started on the steps.

As you work the steps, you can read through the threads here, or you can post what you are working on for discussion, if that might help you.

Glad to have you here! The sober life is the better life! :11: :D