PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 7/19

bluidkiti
08-16-2013, 02:55 PM
We are all beloved children of God.

God is our father. God will make everything right for us.” A calm, peaceful feeling settled over our spirits when we hear those words. Now, when we're overwhelmed by the issues of life and need someone to lean on, we can rest in the arms of our heavenly Father. God is the father we have always wanted and needed.

God is never too far away to comfort us.

Too often we worry about what’s ahead. Or we sometimes hurry through our lives and forget that God creates purpose in the heart of each moment. When we are open to the Holy Spirit’s working in our lives, God can guide us and provide opportunities for us to recognize when we have been blessed. Then, God can reward us with a grateful heart as we learn to trust and obey our Creator.

The truth of God’s word will set us free to be the people God created us to be and to find true peace and confidence through Christ.

We are never lost when we have faith in Christ.

Christ’s resurrection provides us a bridge to salvation.

Where Does It Go? Author Unknown
Hurricanes are causing heavy rains, wind, and a lot of flooding across the country. Where does all that water go? When there's a flash flood, or a super heavy rain, where does ALL of that water go? Some evaporates into the atmosphere, and creates moisture in the air we need to breathe, along with plants and animals. Most runs off and seeps into the earth.
When we flood ourselves with the Word of God, when we soak and saturate our minds and hearts with thoughts and messages from the Lord, it is the same. Some of it evaporates into the sphere of our relationships; other people absorb and breathe it in, and it nourishes them. Most of it works its way deep down into our spirits, to give drink to our spiritual roots and to sustain us in dry times.
Isaiah 55:10-11 says, "As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
Thank you, Lord, your living water always goes somewhere!

All Things by Harvest Ministries
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. —Romans 8:28
There are times in our lives as Christians when God will do things or fail to do things that we want Him to do, and it won't make a bit of sense to us. And because we don't see the big picture, we may falsely conclude that God has abandoned us. But we need to trust Him during these times, remembering that Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. In other words, what God starts, He completes.
Remember that wonderful word from the first chapter of Philippians? "There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears" (Philippians 1:6 THE MESSAGE).
It seems as I get older, I get distracted and forget things all the time. But what if God forgot about us? What a frightening thought. Imagine being in the midst of a fiery trial as God is watching and waiting for that moment to take us out of it. Then the phone rings, and He's gone for a decade! Thankfully, God never forgets about us. He remains—forever and ever—in full control. He knows exactly what He is doing. He will complete what He has begun.
Sometimes in the middle of that process, we may think the Lord is missing it. But He isn't. We're the ones who are missing it. From our limited human viewpoint, we think of the temporal, but God lives in the eternal. We are thinking of today, but God is planning for tomorrow. . .in fact, He's already been there. We are thinking of comfort, but God is thinking of character. We are thinking of an easy time, but God is thinking of how to make us better people.
So let's trust Him. Whatever our circumstances or hardships, let's believe His promise to His children. . . . All things are working together.

Words by Dick Innes
I recently read about a middle-aged man who has been struggling with chronic depression for many years. His counselor told him that he would need to be on antidepressant drugs for the rest of his life. He told the counselor that his father, a self-made head of a large corporation, repeatedly said to him, "Son, when you inherit the family business, I expect you'll ruin it."
"These words stung more painfully each time he heard them. When his father died, the man felt driven to work unreasonably long hours to prove his dad's prediction wrong. The pressure to avoid failure that relentlessly gnawed at him was quieted only by alcohol. Soon a serious drinking problem developed. His wife threatened to leave him. Finally he succumbed to ongoing depression for which he could find relief only in drugs. His life was devastated by the power of his father's tongue."
I was once told that I was physically ugly. It took me years to overcome that one sentence because, tragically, I believed it. However, I have since learned that it had more to do with the person who spoke those words than it had to do with me.
With words we can bless or curse others; encourage or discourage; hearten or dishearten them. They can be powerful motivators or de-motivators. Let's always use them as an instrument of healing and encouragement-and never use them to hurt, demoralize or destroy another.
"With the tongue [words] we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers [and sisters], this should not be" (James 3:9-10).

Little Acts of Love by Marsha Jordan
Discouraged people are everywhere.
As I loaded dishes into the dishwasher, I sang along with the radio. My grandson looked up from the picture he was coloring and said, "Grandma, there's one thing about you that I don't like."
Anticipating what he was going to say, I asked, "What? That I sing all the time?" "No," he answered, "It's not how much you sing, it's how BAD you sing."
Once again, I was reminded that God did not bless me with a good singing voice.
I used to wish that I were a wonderful singer, so I could entertain thousands of adoring fans packed into crowded stadiums. In reality, my singing can't even please one six year old.
I also used to wish I were a great orator. I've always envied people who could speak eloquently. I have trouble completing a sentence that can be understood by a preschooler.
I may not possess the talents I would have preferred to be born with, but I still have the ability to change the world ... and so do you!
Changing the world doesn't require wealth, talent, or a huge investment of time. Right now, you (yes you), with your current limitations and abilities, have tremendous power to impact others.
Don't believe me?
Have you ever had a day in which everything you touched went wrong? When you were at the end of your rope, did someone speak a kind word or help you out? Do you remember how it warmed your heart and perked up your spirit?
Small, loving acts make a profound difference. Everyone longs to feel noticed and appreciated. That's why it means so much when someone surprises us with a simple act of caring. It assures us that we matter.
Discouraged people are everywhere. They need you. Don't overlook opportunities to make a difference in someone's life. A smile, a note, or a phone call won't take much effort, but they can make someone's day. Not only will your kindness be appreciated by the recipient and rewarded by God, but it will enrich your own life too.
Many folks say, "I'm just one person. I can't make a difference." If you've ever been on the receiving end of a hug just when it's needed, you know one person's concern is powerful. Do you compare your contribution to a tiny drop of water in the huge ocean? Mother Theresa's view was that the ocean would be less without that one drop.
There could be no mountains, if not for the tiny grains of sand from which the mountains are made. Little things pack a big punch. Encouragement takes only a moment to give but it delivers an important message of love and concern to the recipient, and it could last a lifetime. Your empathy and time can lessen someone's load and make their life journey easier.
We may not speak like Billy Graham or sing like Frank Sinatra, but we each have our own unique talents that God wants us to use. Have you considered that you may be exactly what someone is praying for?
Open your heart. Show you care. Share a little love.
Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other; let us really show it by our actions (1 John 3:18 NLT)

There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. Luke 8:17, Luke 12:2, Mark 4:22, Matthew 10:26
That Room by Sally I. Kennedy
“Just that room!” she exclaimed. “You can go in any of the other rooms; just don’t go in that room…..it’s a mess!”
Our hostess was more than gracious, and their home was lovely. We were being treated royally and enjoying every minute of our brief stay with them. She asked if I would like a tour of the house; I replied, “Sure!”
When we got to the room with the door shut, she cracked it and laughed. I peeked in, and quickly glimpsed all the stuff thrown in there to get it out of the way. She rolled her eyes and explained, “That’s why I said ‘Don’t go in that room’!”
That room happened to also be where the computer lived, and wouldn’t you know it, all of us eventually trooped in there to get email, and print out boarding passes, before the evening ended. So what was closed off, so no one could see, was seen by everyone.
Later I was thinking about how easy it is for me to partition things off, to separate my life into compartments. I’ve had areas in my life, or in my heart, that I’ve closed the door on. A room full of junk, things that I didn’t want to take care of, put away, sort out, get rid of. A little ugly black bag of unforgiveness, a small pile of resentments, etc etc. You get the idea.
Hopefully, prayerfully, I’ve dealt with the stuff that I thought no one could see. And too, hopefully, prayerfully if things begin to accumulate in a similar way, may I give those things up as well.
God is patient to houseclean, sure to forgive, and merciful to restore, even “that room.” That's good news.

Tell Jesus by The Vine
The apostles gathered themselves together to Jesus, and they told him all things, whatever they had done, and whatever they had taught. - Mark 6:30
That is just what we should always do when we have been trying to do any service for Jesus. We should do it as well as we can, and then go and tell Him what we have done. At the close of each day we should go to Him and tell Him of all that we have done or tried to do during the day. We should tell Him how we have lived, how we have done our work, how we have wrestled with temptation, how we have treated our friends and those with whom we have met, how we have performed our mission as His servants, what words we have spoken for Him, what efforts we have made to do good or to give comfort or help, and how we have responded to the needs of others.
We must also not forget to tell Him about the day's failures. Did we lose our patience? Did we give in to temptation? Did we neglect to share words of encouragement with those we should have? Were we unkind to anyone? We must tell Him of the efforts to do good which seemed to come to nothing. Often we are like the disciples who had toiled all night long and caught nothing. At the end of the day we feel like we've achieved nothing for all our efforts. Then sometimes we are tempted to stay away from the Master and give no account: what have we to report? Nothing but a fruitless day. But we should not keep away from Jesus -- the one who sends us. Jesus had days in His own life that seemed fruitless, and He can understand our sadness when we come to Him with nothing.
So let's tell Him everything. That is the kind of prayer that will bless us at the end of the day. If we have to give account to Jesus for how we have spent our time each day, it will make us be careful how we spend our time. It will keep us in more intimate with Him. Then His understanding nature will strengthen us for better service the next day.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Be aware of an attack from the enemy to try to establish discouragement that would undermine your effectiveness. The main goal will be to cause you to become disheartened and to give up. But, I tell you truly that you are closer to breakthrough than you know. Refuse this attempt to weaken you, and stand strong in your faith and resolve to overcome, says the Lord. Victory is assured. James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Beloved, I have encouraged you to love one another. Yet, there is still so much offense and division among you, My people. You can't make someone else love you or forgive you, but you can exercise your own will to love others, forgive them, and release them, says the Lord. You are all equal recipients of My mercy and grace. Be kind and love one another. John 15:12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

Hindrances are often those things of your own making. You cannot progress until you deal with everything that keeps you from actively seeking My presence. I would have you search yourself to identify that which occupies your thoughts and fuels your actions so that you can deliberately re-order your priorities and remove those things that hinder your spiritual process, says the Lord. Colossians 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.

Search your heart and activate the desire to know Me in a personal way. Seek Me in the same way that you would attempt to find valuable treasure. That is, with concentrated effort and single focus. Let nothing interfere with your quest to find Me, says the Lord. Be determined and resolute. Deuteronomy 4:29 ...from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

I am calling to you from a spiritual high place to come up here! Many of you have lost hope and have become disappointed because you have not received what you desire in the natural, physical realm. But, I say to you that your investment in life must not be in temporary things that will soon pass away, but rather in being one with Me, says the Lord. When your faith is in what you want Me to do for you instead just wanting Me, it is misplaced. Now is the time to have a change of heart. 2 Corinthians 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
My word is true, powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword. It is able to divide between the soul and the spirit and thereby bring a time of reconciliation. Have I not said to you that I would put a peg in My house? This is for you to come lay hold of certain revival as it comes to you individually--forever changing you and bringing you forth into My image, says the Lord Jesus Christ. For, it shall be from glory to glory that you are touched; from faith to faith that you are changed. As you go, and stay on the path that I have established for you, then I will be with you. Ezra 9:8 "And now for a little while grace has been shown from the LORD our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a peg in His holy place, that our God may enlighten our eyes and give us a measure of revival in our bondage."

Healing Touch by Nancy Burr
O Father here I am hurting again,
I come before you now.
I can't go on with all this pain,
I just don't know how.
My days are gray, filled with despair,
I'm lost and afraid.
I know You are here yet my faith is weak,
I know I haven't obeyed.
I know that I should follow You,
Each and every day.
I know You'll help me get through this,
If I bow down and pray.
But Lord I feel so lost right now,
I don't know how to try.
I don't know how to come to You,
When all I do is cry.
I know that Satan is laughing at me,
I can hear it loud and clear.
I know that he will not give up,
Until I live in fear.
He's trying hard to turn me from You,
But Lord I won't let him win.
Please help me fight him off again,
Then take away all my sin.
O Father I feel You back beside me,
I feel Your healing touch.
Your hope is filling up my soul,
With love I need so much.
I know that You never left my side,
It's me; I wandered away.
But now I'm back in the place I should be,
With You is where I'll stay.
I'll always need You here with me,
I can't live on my own.
I need to feel Your loving arms,
So I don't feel alone.
Please O Lord, give me Your strength,
And cover me with love.
Protect me from him and keep him away,
And guide me from above.
I know at times I'll stumble and fall,
And I'll think You've left my side.
But please remind me, when pain strikes again,
>From me You'll never hide.
Help me have faith and keep trusting You,
Even when I feel alone.
Sometimes I don't feel You but help me believe,
I'll never be on my own.
Thank you O Lord for coming to me,
When I loose my way.
Thank you for getting me back on my feet,
And for taking away;
All of my heartaches that weigh me down,
All of my guilt and pain.
For You reached down and rescued me,
And on me I feel love rain.
I fall on my knees and worship You,
I praise You Father above.
I can count on You to get me through,
For You're the Father of love.

Down On My Knee by Nancy Burr
Lately I’ve been feeling lost,
My heart is filled with pain.
So much has been going wrong,
My days are filled with rain.
Tears are streaming down my face,
I just can’t seem to cope.
I need Your help Lord, rescue me,
And fill me up with hope.
Life can be so very hard,
I struggle everyday.
I want to run away and hide,
But I choose to pray.
The evil one will not give up,
Oh Lord please make him stop.
This pain is draining all my strength,
Please push him off the top.
I’ll count on You Lord for my strength,
I know You’ll get me through.
You’re right beside me everyday,
Making my skies blue.
You long for me to let You fight,
Each battle that I face.
And I know You long to hold me,
In Your sweet embrace.
Lord I surrender all to You,
I give You all my pain.
Please give me all the strength I need,
To fight him off again.
When he comes back send him away,
Don’t let him touch my soul.
For that dear Lord belongs to You,
The One who makes me whole.
Lord here I am down on my knees,
Listening for Your voice.
I cannot make it on my own,
So Your way is my choice.
My heart is open so please show,
What You have planned for me.
Then give me strength to follow through,
So my heart can be free.

Christ Our Cornerstone
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit. Ephesians 2:19-22

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:6-11

13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. 17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. 18 You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; 20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. Matthew 10:16-20

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:10-13

WHAT ARE YOU HANGING ON TO? Author Unknown
The cheerful girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five. Waiting with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them: a circle of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box.
"Oh please, Mommy. Can I have them? Please, Mommy, please?" Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girl's upturned face.
"A dollar ninety-five. That's almost $2.00. If you really want them, I'll think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthday's only a week away and you might get another crisp dollar bill from Grandma."
As soon as Jenny got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted out 17 pennies. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores and she went to the neighbor and asked Mrs. James if she could pick dandelions for ten cents. On her birthday, Grandma did give her another new dollar bill and at last she had enough money to buy the necklace. Jenny loved her pearls.
They made her feel dressed up and grown up. She wore them everywhere - Sunday school, kindergarten, even to bed. The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had a bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck green.
Jenny had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready for bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read her a story. One night when he finished the story, he asked Jenny, "Do you love me?"
"Oh yes, Daddy. You know that I love you." "Then give me your pearls." "Oh, Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princess - the white horse from my collection - the one with the pink tail. Remember, Daddy? The one you gave me. She's my favorite."
"That's okay, Honey. Daddy loves you. Good night." And he brushed her cheek with a kiss. About a week later, after the story time, Jenny's daddy asked again, "Do you love me?"
"Daddy, you know I love you."
"Then give me your pearls."
"Oh Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my baby doll. The brand new one I got for my birthday. She is so beautiful and you can have the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper."
"That's okay. Sleep well. God bless you, little one. Daddy loves you."
And as always, he brushed her cheek with a gentle kiss. A few nights later when her daddy came in, Jenny was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed Indian-style. As he came close, he noticed her chin was trembling and one silent tear rolled down her cheek.
"What is it, Jenny? What's the matter?"
Jenny didn't say anything but lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And when she opened it, there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver, she finally said, "Here, Daddy. It's for you."
With tears gathering in his own eyes, Jenny's kind daddy reached out with one hand to take the dime-store necklace, and with the other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case with a strand of genuine pearls and gave them to Jenny. He had them all the time. He was just waiting for her to give up the dime-store stuff so he could give her genuine treasure.
Jenny's father is like our heavenly Father. He also is waiting for us to give up our dime store stuff and seek Him first ... so He can fling open the windows of Heaven and pour us out such a blessing that we will not have room enough to hold it.
What are you hanging on to?

Dear God, help us to see ourselves the way you see us — as your beloved children, flaws and all. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 8
The Family Tree of King Saul of Benjamin
1 Now Benjamin begot Bela his firstborn, Ashbel the second, Aharah the third, 2 Nohah the fourth, and Rapha the fifth. 3 The sons of Bela were Addar, Gera, Abihud, 4 Abishua, Naaman, Ahoah, 5 Gera, Shephuphan, and Huram. 6 These are the sons of Ehud, who were the heads of the fathers’ houses of the inhabitants of Geba, and who forced them to move to Manahath: 7 Naaman, Ahijah, and Gera who forced them to move. He begot Uzza and Ahihud. 8 Also Shaharaim had children in the country of Moab, after he had sent away Hushim and Baara his wives. 9 By Hodesh his wife he begot Jobab, Zibia, Mesha, Malcam, 10 Jeuz, Sachiah, and Mirmah. These were his sons, heads of their fathers’ houses. 11 And by Hushim he begot Abitub and Elpaal. 12 The sons of Elpaal were Eber, Misham, and Shemed, who built Ono and Lod with its towns; 13 and Beriah and Shema, who were heads of their fathers’ houses of the inhabitants of Aijalon, who drove out the inhabitants of Gath. 14 Ahio, Shashak, Jeremoth, 15 Zebadiah, Arad, Eder, 16 Michael, Ispah, and Joha were the sons of Beriah. 17 Zebadiah, Meshullam, Hizki, Heber, 18 Ishmerai, Jizliah, and Jobab were the sons of Elpaal. 19 Jakim, Zichri, Zabdi, 20 Elienai, Zillethai, Eliel, 21 Adaiah, Beraiah, and Shimrath were the sons of Shimei. 22 Ishpan, Eber, Eliel, 23 Abdon, Zichri, Hanan, 24 Hananiah, Elam, Antothijah, 25 Iphdeiah, and Penuel were the sons of Shashak. 26 Shamsherai, Shehariah, Athaliah, 27 Jaareshiah, Elijah, and Zichri were the sons of Jeroham. 28 These were heads of the fathers’ houses by their generations, chief men. These dwelt in Jerusalem. 29 Now the father of Gibeon, whose wife’s name was Maacah, dwelt at Gibeon. 30 And his firstborn son was Abdon, then Zur, Kish, Baal, Nadab, 31 Gedor, Ahio, Zecher, 32 and Mikloth, who begot Shimeah. They also dwelt alongside their relatives in Jerusalem, with their brethren. 33 Ner begot Kish, Kish begot Saul, and Saul begot Jonathan, Malchishua, Abinadab, and Esh-Baal. 34 The son of Jonathan was Merib-Baal, and Merib-Baal begot Micah. 35 The sons of Micah were Pithon, Melech, Tarea, and Ahaz. 36 And Ahaz begot Jehoaddah; Jehoaddah begot Alemeth, Azmaveth, and Zimri; and Zimri begot Moza. 37 Moza begot Binea, Raphah his son, Eleasah his son, and Azel his son. 38 Azel had six sons whose names were these: Azrikam, Bocheru, Ishmael, Sheariah, Obadiah, and Hanan. All these were the sons of Azel. 39 And the sons of Eshek his brother were Ulam his firstborn, Jeush the second, and Eliphelet the third. 40 The sons of Ulam were mighty men of valor—archers. They had many sons and grandsons, one hundred and fifty in all. These were all sons of Benjamin.

Dear God, help us never to lose hope but to trust in you forever. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.