PDA

View Full Version : The key to finishing your race well

bluidkiti
08-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Daily Word from Pastor Graham

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:7-8

Florence Chadwick was a great swimmer. In 1952, she decided to attempt to swim from Catalina Island, off the coast of California, to the mainland, a distance of about 26 miles. She was very experienced at long swims, having swam the English Channel twice before.

But as she was swimming, a fog set in that shrouded the coastline in clouds. Unable to see land, Chadwick became discouraged and asked to be pulled from the water. It was there on the boat that she discovered she was just one mile short of reaching the California coast.

As we who are in Christ inch closer to the day when we will pass from the visible realm to the invisible, it’s crucial we keep our eyes on what’s to come. It’s easy to become distracted by the things we see today, but what’s really important is finishing well and not giving up hope as we near the end of our journey.

Florence Chadwick tried again to swim those 26 miles. And once again, the fog rolled in during her journey. So she simply pictured the unseen coastline in her mind and made it all the way. Keep your eyes on the unseen reward ahead, and you’ll finish strong!

DON’T LET THE VISIBLE WORLD DISTRACT YOU. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE INVISIBLE REWARDS YOU’LL RECEIVE AND YOU’LL FINISH STRONG!