PDA

View Full Version : starting a new journey

mr.e
12-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Hi, this is Mr.e, I. Just joined this group not less then a half an hour ago.I'm an alcoholic and my last drink was DEC. 5th 2014. I'm at my ropes end and have to seriously make positive changes in my life to conquer my demon. I have not tried outside help before but I know I need outside support no matter the means. I'm new obviously. I will try this for support and wisdom and any feedbacks is welcome. Tired of the yoyo effects of my life. First post is a little tough to put all into words thank you and hope to hear back

MajestyJo
12-11-2014, 02:56 PM
welcome Mr. e, thank you for signing in and saying hello. That was a big step, the first one. There is a lot of recovery material here. We have a daily check in, feel free to sign in and share with us. The daily reading are helpful, and remember even if they don't mention your drug of choice, remember that the drug is but a symptom of our disease. Drugs come in many shapes, sizes and forms, I found that the problem was me.

My drug of choice was more. I am an addict who used alcohol, prescription pills, men, relationships, food, work (busy), shopping, computers (in recovery), etc. anything that will take me out of the reality that I didn't want to be in, in the moment. We don't quit for ever. Just for today, I choose not to use. For this 24 hours, I choose to stay clean and sober and willing to go to any length, not to pick up.

Feel free to share, ask questions, or private message anyone.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/website-welcome/0215.gif

bluidkiti
12-12-2014, 08:15 AM
I am so very glad to have you join us mr.e. There is lots of info on the board here for newcomers. Please feel free to ask us any questions that you may have. Make sure to check out the Newcomers forum and Daily Check In forums also. I look forward to hearing more from you. Keep coming back and sharing with us.