PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 1/9

bluidkiti
01-08-2015, 01:43 PM
"It's not 'God loves you if you're good.' It's not 'God loves you if He's having a good day.' It's 'God loves you!' Desperately. Passionately." - Rich Mullins

"Christ is like a river. A river is continually flowing, there are fresh supplies of water coming from the fountain-head continually, so that a man may live by it, and be supplied with water all his life. So Christ is an ever-flowing fountain; He is continually supplying His people, and the fountain is not spent. They who live upon Christ, may have fresh supplies from Him to all eternity; they have an increase of blessedness that is new, and new still, and which never will come to an end." - Jonathan Edwards

"The stars are God's fingerprints. The sun is a mere smidgen of his radiance. The moon is to remind us that he doesn't sleep at night. The vastness of space proclaims the infinity of his wisdom, while the sand pebble indicates his thoroughness with the puniest details. The lion hints at his fearlessness, the bear at his power, the hawk at his keen insight. And yet, those possess only a tidbit of God's omnipotence and omnipresence. Every tree points toward heaven; every bird has a song to sing; even every moment of wind goes in some direction. There is nothing chaotic about our beautiful designed world. All creation has a message to tell. It says, 'Listen, there is a God. There is a God!'" - Brent D. Earles

I am not to expect the Lord to answer in just the way I suggest, or think best. Means and manner and everything must

be left to the will of God... He can use anyone, anywhere, with equal ease and freedom. John Stam

We are Christ's heirs, not through our perfection but by means of His grace. Watchman Nee

We must remember God more often than we draw breath. Gregory Nazianzus

Instead of making a New Year's resolution, consider committing to a biblical solution. Mary Fairchild

After a hard day scrambling to find your way around in the world, it’s assuring to come home to a place you know. God can be equally familiar to you. With time you can learn where to go for nourishment, where to hide for protection, where to turn for guidance. Just as your earthly house is a place of refuge, so God’s house is a place of peace. Max Lucado

What's Truly Valuable By Michael Newnham
I'd been gone all day and as I pulled up to the curb I could see Miss Kitty waiting in the driveway.
As I approached the house she loped toward it in front of me, eager to get in and glad I was home.
I assumed I'd forgotten to fill her dish and she was celebrating the arrival of her waiter/chef.
I retrieved a can of Fancy Feast and emptied it into the dish...dinner is served.
She just stared at it, then stared at me.
She was evidently not in the mood for Fancy Feast...
I grabbed a new dish and some fine Whiskas (with gravy) and presented it to her.
She stared at it, stared at me, and began to yowl.
I admonished her for her finicky ways, talked about starving kitties in Africa, and got yet another dish which I filled with a fine Friskees pate and set it before her.
Two blank stares and a yowl were my reward.
I plopped into my chair in exasperation and frustration.
"What do you want?"!!!
She leaped into my lap, and bumped heads with me, purring like a vintage Harley.
She curled up in a big ball of cat and was sound asleep by the time I figured it out.
It wasn't about the food.
She wanted me.
She was waiting for me to come home so she could be with me.
She didn't need any food, she needed my lap.
She appreciates the food, but she loves my presence.
Most of the time I measure my worth to my loved ones by what I can do for them.
Most of the time I measure God's worth by what He can do for me.
Most of the time I measure my worth to God by what I think I'm doing for Him.
Most of the time I'm wrong about all these relationships.
What's truly valuable to those who really love you is you.
The rest is all Whiskas with gravy...

The Power of Casting Again by Steve May
Sports writer Bert Sugar was interviewing heavy weight boxing champion Floyd Patterson, and he mentioned that Patterson had been knocked down more than any other heavyweight champion in history.
Patterson’s reply was, “Yeah, but I also got up more than any other fighter in history.”
I think Floyd Patterson was on to something.
Luke tells a story about a group of fishermen who had spent the night fishing, but had caught nothing. Jesus came along and said, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.” Peter started to object, as he was prone to do, then finally said, “Because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
No doubt you know what happened next.
When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. (Luke 5:6)
The disciples learned an important spiritual lesson that day: The power of casting again. It’s the secret to success in any endeavor: Keep casting your net. God can redeem a failure.
Been knocked more than anyone else? You can still get back up one more time.
Have you cast your net more times than you can count? Dare to cast it again.
You'll be amazed at what can happen when you decide you'll never quit.

Why Do We Crave? by Lysa Terkeurst
Do not love the world or anything in the world... For everything in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life — comes not from the Father but from the world. - 1 John 2:15-16
Thought for the Day: While Eve focused on the object of her temptation, Jesus kept His focus on God’s truth. What matters most to me?
Think about the definition of the word craving. How would you define it? Dictionary.com defines craving as something you long for, want greatly, desire eagerly, and beg for. God made us to crave so we’d always desire more of Him.
Don’t read over that last sentence too quickly. God made us to crave — to desire eagerly, want greatly, and long for Him. But Satan wants to do everything possible to replace our craving for God with something else. I like how the New Living Translation puts this:
Do not love this world nor the things it offers you... for the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. - 1 John 2:15-16
The cravings of the world are misplaced physical desires — such as issues with food or for intimacy outside of marriage. In other words, trying to meet our physical needs outside the will of God. A craving for everything we see means being enamored by material things. And lastly, pride in achievements and possessions describes someone chasing what brings feelings of significance.
This passage details three ways Satan tries to lure us away from loving God. And Satan used these very same tactics the first time he tempted humankind through Eve:
When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food [physical craving] and pleasing to the eye [material craving], and also desirable for gaining wisdom [significance craving], she took some and ate it. - Genesis 3:6
Eve kept her focus on the object of her desire. The Scriptures give us no indication she tried to check in with God or Adam. She didn’t walk away and truly consider this choice. And she certainly didn’t take time to consider the consequences.
She saw it. She wanted it. She bought the lie. She took it. And she suffered for it.
Interestingly, Satan later applied the same three tactics he used with Eve when he tempted Jesus (Matthew 4).
Physical craving: Satan appealed to Jesus’ physical need for food (Matthew 4:3). Jesus had been fasting, so of course He was hungry. It’s comforting for me to know Jesus felt the pangs of hunger yet resisted because He was fasting. He didn’t want to get His physical needs met outside the will of God.
Material craving: The devil promised Jesus all the kingdoms He could see if He would bow down to the god of materialism (Matthew 4:8-9). It’s hard to resist the splendor of the world. But Jesus was enamored with God’s eternity, not the world’s temporary imitations. He didn’t want to get His material needs met outside the will of God.
Significance craving: The enemy enticed Jesus to prove His significance by forcing God to command angels to save Him (Matthew 4:5 – 6). The lure of doing something that will make one look good, feel powerful, and be elevated in the eyes of others is so enticing. But Jesus’ security came from His identity as a child of God, not His human achievements. He didn’t want to get His emotional significance needs met outside the will of God.
While Eve focused on the object of her temptation, Jesus kept His focus on God’s truth. He refuted each of Satan’s lures with Scripture.
He saw it. He wanted God more. He quoted truth. He resisted. And He was rewarded for it.
When we face our own cravings, will we be like Eve, focusing on our object of desire? Or will we be like Jesus, pausing, reciting truth, and remembering what matters most? Temporary satisfaction or unending contentment? Giving in to the cravings of this world or following the love and the will of God? Two powerful examples. Two vastly different outcomes.
Dear Lord, please help me as I struggle with physical, material, and significance cravings. I know that only You can bring me lasting contentment for my cravings. Help me to pause today and reflect on what matters most. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

NEW BEGINNINGS by Russ Lawson
One of the problems with the end of the old year and the beginning of a new one is that I stop and contemplate the old year's happenings. I tend to review the months and think of all of the things that I mishandled, left undone and should have thought more about before jumping into. I don't think I am that much different than most folks. I think we all do a certain amount of looking back. There is nothing wrong with that, it gives us a chance to take note of things we need to do differently or areas in which we need to grow.
With the start of a new year God has given us a chance for new beginnings. In one of our favorite stories, Anne of Avonlea the character at one point says, "Every day is brand new, with no mistakes." I believe there is a lot of truth to that saying!
Reflection and contemplation also gives you a chance to remember some of the things you did well. I have to admit that I am on a crusade to encourage people to get to know God better in 2015. I firmly believe that the only way to get to know him better is to listen to him speak, in other words, read your Bible. As I look back at the past year, one of the things for which I am thankful, is that I once again read through the Bible. My wife and I encourage each other to read God's Word daily. I don't know how many years we have been reading through the Bible each year, but I know we have read through it more than 20 times.
Some might read that sentence and think, "I would get bored doing that." Do you know what is amazing? It is that every time we read through the Bible, we learn new things! Every time you read it you are at a different place in your life, you have dealt with different struggles, you have grown in different ways and you have come to a different level of spirituality. Often we will do our Bible reading and comment to one another about some new insight we have just come upon.
So, if you want to set some goals or perhaps a New Year's Resolution, let me suggest that you choose reading your Bible every day, read it completely through this coming year. There are many daily reading plans available online or at your local Christian Book Store. My wife and I use "The Daily Bible, in Chronological order," printed by Harvest House, but there are a large variety of Daily Bible's available, just look around for them.
Whatever it takes, whatever you need to use to help you in reading your Bible, use it!
2015 is about new beginnings, why don't you challenge yourself to join with our family in letting God speak to you through his word! A changed world begins with you changing and you can only change when you let God change you. As David wrote in Psalm 1:1-3, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers."
May our God bless you and keep you in the coming year of new beginnings!

Another Good God Day by Rosemary Hagedorn
Another year has come and gone, and it seems that the older I get, the faster the time seems to fly by. A week is like a day, and a year is like a month.
When I arose this morning, I looked forward to leisurely taking down all my Christmas decorations, including the tree, and packing them away in their appropriately-labelled plastic containers. By the time I was finished, having vacuumed and had dinner, the time on the clock told me that it was 8:51 p.m.
Where has the time gone to? Things that I wanted to do after clearing away the Christmas decorations will have to be left for tomorrow or another day.
I remember cleaning the entire house in a couple of hours; these days, I need the whole day, and even then, I usually don't get the dusting done!
As we age, we are unable to accomplish the things that we used to do while we were young. So we struggle and try to do what we are able to do. It is on those days that we need to be thankful that God has granted us the gift of another day. It may be a day when we are able to do a little bit more in the Lord's service.
Psalm 118:24 – This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (NASB)
Psalm 90:12 – So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. (NKJV)
Ephesians 5:15-16 – See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (NKJV)
Prayer: Creator God, You know everything about us. You are with us in our struggles and pain, and You are with us when we have the time to relax our weary bodies. We thank You for granting us the gift of another day. Help us to use it wisely and for Your glory. Amen.

There's Something Bigger By Alan Smith
A number of years ago, Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks did a popular series of comedy sketches called the "2000-Year-Old Man" which developed into several hilarious albums. The premise has Carl Reiner interviewing Mel Brooks playing the old man and inquiring concerning life way back when. At one point, Reiner asks the old man, "Did you always believe in God?"
Brooks replies, "No. We had a guy in our village named Phil, and for a time we worshiped him."
Reiner wonders, "You worshiped a guy named Phil? Why?"
"Because he was big, and mean, and he could break you in two with his bare hands!"
The interviewer asks, "Did you have prayers?"
Brooks answers, "Yes, would you like to hear one? -- 'O Phil, please don't be mean, and hurt us, or break us in two with your bare hands.' "
Reiner: "So when did you start worshiping God?"
And then this wonderful answer: "Well, one day a big thunderstorm came up, and a lightning bolt hit Phil. We gathered around and saw that he was dead. Then we said to one another, "There's somethin' bigger than Phil!"
There are a variety of things which we look to as our gods -- material things, immorality, climbing the corporate ladder, entertainment. Oh, we may not call them our gods. But those are the things we build our lives around. That's where the majority of our time, money and thoughts go. They serve as the center of our lives.
But, there are times in our lives when we are reminded that "There must be something bigger!" Like Solomon shares in the book of Ecclesiastes, we discover that nothing we fill our lives with can truly satisfy us and eventually we come to the realization that all of it will someday be gone. What then? There must be something bigger than success at work. There must be something bigger than collecting "things."
Whether they realized it or not at the time, Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks made such an insightful observation. It is only when we see that there is something bigger than us and bigger than all the things around us that we tend to elevate that we will truly begin to worship God.
"Praise the Lord. Praise the name of the Lord; praise him, you servants of the Lord, you who minister in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God. Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant....I know that the Lord is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods." (Psalm 135:1-3,5)

Take Me to the Cross By David Langerfeld
There's an old story (which has been made into a song) about a little boy who was sitting on the steps of a busy street corner crying. A policeman walked up to him and asked what was the problem. The little boy was lost and didn't know where he was. He didn't know his address, only his name.
He and the policeman walked up and down several streets looking for some landmark the little boy might recognize - but with no success. Finally, as they rounded a corner, the boy shouted out loud with excitement. In the middle of the block was a church with a cross on top of its steeple.
The little boy exclaimed, "I know where I am. I know the cross. Take me to the cross - I can find my way home from there."
There are many people in your life who need you to take them to the cross. They live next to you. They serve your table at the restaurant. They play Golf and Bridge and Tennis with you. They watch the soccer and baseball games with you. You see them behind the cash register when you're shopping. You see them behind the counter when you're buying gas. You see them in the park, at school, at work, waiting in line. They may be smiling on the outside, but they're unhappy on the inside.
They need God. They need His Love, They need His Salvation. They need someone to take them to the cross. Who will you take to the cross today?
"To be a missionary, you don't have to cross the sea, you just have to see the cross.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I want you to see the uniqueness of your life and the path that you have chosen. The paths of others have crossed yours and even been parallel with yours for a certain distance before separation. But, ultimately, you are responsible for your own desires, choices, and direction. Refuse to allow regret to overwhelm you nor consider what might have been or could have been. Do not look back. Walk with Me into the days ahead with the assurance that I will never leave you nor forsake you, says the Lord. Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

You can begin again with a clean slate. Come before Me and release all things that have kept you from spiritual progression. Choose to live life in the Spirit, and rise above the things of the world that weigh you down and keep you from all that I have for you. Make good choices in your sowing and you will reap a good harvest, says the Lord. Galatians 6:8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

You have made good progress, but you must continue to press on until you have complete break-through. Otherwise, you will find yourself slipping back into old patterns of thought and behavior and lose what you’ve gained. Be diligent, and continue to seek My face for fresh revelation and spiritual insight. Growth is a sure sign of life. Stir up your desire and reach beyond where you are now. You have much to give and much to do, but you must realize that accomplishment comes in small increments. Consistent, small steps will result in covering a lot of ground. Don’t get discouraged with what will seem like slow progress. Just keep moving. Leave past failures behind. Do not dwell on the mistakes you have made or unpleasant outcomes. You must not become a victim of regret; think about your experiences as opportunities to be strengthened in faith and to trust Me, says the Lord. Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

You can accomplish extraordinary feats if you will just hunker down and set your heart on success. Do not be deceived; it will not be easy. The enemy of your soul will endeavor to hinder your momentum. Use the authority I have given you to defeat his purposes and to do what I have set before you to do, says the Lord. Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

There are still issues that need to be sorted out before you can break free from troubling circumstances, but on the whole you have come a long way and have accomplished a great deal. Refuse to allow the last nagging details to steal your peace and keep you from strong faith in Me to show you what you must do next, says the Lord. Onward and upward! Isaiah 50:10 "Who among you fears the LORD? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely upon his God."

Many of you, My people, have become disoriented because of extraordinary activity around you or in your own lives. Sometimes it seems like you have become fragmented or separated from your spiritual convictions. Now is the time to quiet yourself, reconnect with Me, and reactivate your faith, says the Lord. When you do that, you will be able to access by faith the grace that you need to continue on with confidence that I am with you. Romans 5:2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
It is time for My people to rise up and receive the fullness of that which I have promised in My word. For, the signs of covenant promise have been given and they are coming to My people. And, with the flashing light of My right hand I will be with you and I will motivate you and I will move you in the fullness of this season. It is My purpose for you to go higher. It is My purpose for you to have complete victory over every situation and over every circumstance that the enemy will bring against you. Now is the time to make the choice; now is the time to make the decision. Will you walk in victory or will you allow yourself to be a victim? Choose this day whom you will serve and follow Me on the road to triumph.

WORSHIP IN SILENCE Author Unknown
I wait in silent worship, Lord Jesus.
Mere words cannot utter my reverence for You,
the one true God.
You created the earth, the skies--and me.
I'm glad I am Yours.
All blessings, honor and power;
might, glory and wisdom;
praise and thanksgiving I offer to You.
In silence, I give You praise and wait
so You can minister to me.
I pray in Your name, amen.

Freely Give by Daniel M Corkery
Freely give as you receive
Trust in the God you believe
Nothing happens by mere chance
Study the picture do not just glance
No one is beyond hope
We were like you
We learned to cope
In here no one is alone
Practice recovery in your home
Freely give all you can
All along the way
In recovery
We do it
Just for today
Freely give to one and all
Do it when you hear the call
God will freely give all you need
In recovery you can succeed
Freely give as you get
Most of all do not forget
Freely give your strength
Most important all of your hope
God will freely give you
All you need to cope

I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, And like a cloud, your sins. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.” Isaiah 44:22

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. Romans 6:4

Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor. Proverbs 29:23

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:8-10

But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires." These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy-- to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. Jude 1:17-25

Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

The Pendulum by Deana Weyman
Acts 4:13 – They couldn't take their eyes off them — Peter and John standing there so confident, so sure of themselves! Their fascination deepened when they realized these two were laymen with no training in Scripture or formal education. They recognized them as companions of Jesus. (MSG)
I love old clocks. Their soothing, clockwork heartbeats are a comforting reminder of the passage of time, as opposed to the cold and impersonal digital timekeepers of today.
A decade ago, I decided to collect old clocks. There followed a few years of attending auctions and garage sales, and paying close attention to the "articles for sale" section of the newspapers. I acquired mantle clocks, regulator clocks, and even a grandfather clock that was missing a pendulum.
The different size of each clock, the quality of the movement, even the type of wood and its density make each sound individual and produce different gradients of tonal warmth. The downside of my collection, for some members of my family, was that I kept the clocks running. So every quarter hour, half hour, and hour, there was a cacophony of chimes, from soprano to bass, Ave Maria to Westminster.
The grandfather clock, however, remained silent. Continued shopping trips produced a lyre pendulum, but it was the wrong size, so I hung it on a wall beside a regulator, just because it looked lovely. It remains there to this day, and as I watch it, it brings to mind the grandfather clock, now relegated to downstairs — silent and alone. This causes me to think of how so many people in this world are struggling through life's storms and stresses without knowing Jesus, experiencing an emptiness that can cause sadness or a feeling of hopelessness. So many times, we read about individuals who ask themselves, What is this life all about? or Why am I here?
We are all equipped with moveable, physical parts that function well, for the most part, responding to signals from the brain. Even our emotions are responses to everyday happenings and are designed to help us deal with unforeseen glitches and overwhelming change. There's a fix, patch, or *** available for almost all of the physical or medical help that we need. But even if all of our physical parts work properly and in unison, people need a spiritual pendulum to produce a balanced rhythm and to ensure that the spiritual guides the physical. When a pendulum is properly adjusted, the perfect balance can be achieved. Our spiritual health needs the perpetual motion offered by God. And we can access that, daily.
My pendulum is Jesus, and for God, I want to demonstrate that pendulum for others. With a smile or, if appropriate, a few words, I want to be an example of how He has changed my life. I'd like to be able to start something ticking in the minds of those who are searching for purpose in their lives, or who are simply having a bad day.
We are not perfect, but with God's guidance, we can start a movement towards Him in other people, perhaps filling a gap that will answer their longing for meaning in their lives. What a joy it is to awaken each morning knowing that He is still offering the impetus we need to make the best of another twenty-four hours. As we begin a new year and think about the passage of time, let's share that joy with someone today. Let us ask God to provide just the right words at just the right time.
Prayer: Let us pray using the lyrics to the tune of the Westminster Quarters: Lord, through this hour, Be Thou our guide; So, by Thy power, No foot shall slide.
Dear Father, Lord, continue through Your Spirit to direct us in how to show others the way to Your saving grace. We know that we are not learned, but help us to confront their personal denial by simply using a few meaningful words at the right time, so that Your will may be done. In the name of Your Son Jesus, we pray. Amen.

I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed by thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things
to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
thou art mine, and I am thine. So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven. Amen
John Wesley

Read Through The Bible
Nehemiah 10
The People Who Sealed the Covenant
1 Now those who placed their seal on the document were:
Nehemiah the governor, the son of Hacaliah, and Zedekiah, 2 Seraiah, Azariah, Jeremiah, 3 Pashhur, Amariah, Malchijah, 4 Hattush, Shebaniah, Malluch, 5 Harim, Meremoth, Obadiah, 6 Daniel, Ginnethon, Baruch, 7 Meshullam, Abijah, Mijamin, 8 Maaziah, Bilgai, and Shemaiah. These were the priests. 9 The Levites: Jeshua the son of Azaniah, Binnui of the sons of Henadad, and Kadmiel. 10 Their brethren: Shebaniah, Hodijah, Kelita, Pelaiah, Hanan, 11 Micha, Rehob, Hashabiah, 12 Zaccur, Sherebiah, Shebaniah, 13 Hodijah, Bani, and Beninu. 14 The leaders of the people: Parosh, Pahath-Moab, Elam, Zattu, Bani, 15 Bunni, Azgad, Bebai, 16 Adonijah, Bigvai, Adin, 17 Ater, Hezekiah, Azzur, 18 Hodijah, Hashum, Bezai, 19 Hariph, Anathoth, Nebai, 20 Magpiash, Meshullam, Hezir, 21 Meshezabel, Zadok, Jaddua, 22 Pelatiah, Hanan, Anaiah, 23 Hoshea, Hananiah, Hasshub, 24 Hallohesh, Pilha, Shobek, 25 Rehum, Hashabnah, Maaseiah, 26 Ahijah, Hanan, Anan, 27 Malluch, Harim, and Baanah.
The Covenant That Was Sealed
28 Now the rest of the people—the priests, the Levites, the gatekeepers, the singers, the Nethinim, and all those who had separated themselves from the peoples of the lands to the Law of God, their wives, their sons, and their daughters, everyone who had knowledge and understanding— 29 these joined with their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse and an oath to walk in God’s Law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the Lord our Lord, and His ordinances and His statutes: 30 We would not give our daughters as wives to the peoples of the land, nor take their daughters for our sons; 31 if the peoples of the land brought wares or any grain to sell on the Sabbath day, we would not buy it from them on the Sabbath, or on a holy day; and we would forego the seventh year’s produce and the exacting of every debt. 32 Also we made ordinances for ourselves, to exact from ourselves yearly one-third of a shekel for the service of the house of our God: 33 for the showbread, for the regular grain offering, for the regular burnt offering of the Sabbaths, the New Moons, and the set feasts; for the holy things, for the sin offerings to make atonement for Israel, and all the work of the house of our God. 34 We cast lots among the priests, the Levites, and the people, for bringing the wood offering into the house of our God, according to our fathers’ houses, at the appointed times year by year, to burn on the altar of the Lord our God as it is written in the Law. 35 And we made ordinances to bring the firstfruits of our ground and the firstfruits of all fruit of all trees, year by year, to the house of the Lord; 36 to bring the firstborn of our sons and our cattle, as it is written in the Law, and the firstborn of our herds and our flocks, to the house of our God, to the priests who minister in the house of our God; 37 to bring the firstfruits of our dough, our offerings, the fruit from all kinds of trees, the new wine and oil, to the priests, to the storerooms of the house of our God; and to bring the tithes of our land to the Levites, for the Levites should receive the tithes in all our farming communities. 38 And the priest, the descendant of Aaron, shall be with the Levites when the Levites receive tithes; and the Levites shall bring up a tenth of the tithes to the house of our God, to the rooms of the storehouse. 39 For the children of Israel and the children of Levi shall bring the offering of the grain, of the new wine and the oil, to the storerooms where the articles of the sanctuary are, where the priests who minister and the gatekeepers and the singers are; and we will not neglect the house of our God.

Pettiness Prayer
Keep us, oh God, from pettiness. Let us be large in thought, in word, in deed. Let us be done with fault finding and leave off self-seeking. May we put away all pettiness and meet each other face to face, without self-pity and without prejudice. May we always be patient, never hasty in judgment and always tolerant. Teach us to put into action our better impulses, straightforward and unafraid. Let us take time for all things; make us calm, serene and gentle. Grant that we may realize it is the little things in life that create differences, that in the big things of life we are as one and may we strive to touch and to know the great common heart of us all and oh God, let us not forget to be kind. --Author Unknown

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.