PDA

View Full Version : Why Are You Here?

bluidkiti
08-30-2013, 12:24 PM
YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

Ever wonder “why” you are here? Sometimes our lives seem so minuscule in the big picture. What on earth could I do that would actually make a difference? I frequently use the term “make a difference”. It’s kind of my motto, one that grows with age and experience. But there are days, like today, when I think I am just kidding myself. I look around my world and I see cancer, abuse, death, world turmoil, and evil in general (too numerous to mention). What in the world makes me think that I can actually change or affect any of these situations?

I find no verse in the Bible that specifically says…. “Claudia, You can make a difference” but I have found so many that can be interpreted to fit my cause (isn’t that what we are intended to do anyhow?). One of my favorites is: 1 Timothy 4:12. Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Although I do not consider myself young (that’s food for another blog), I believe we are all young in the eyes of the Lord. We are all growing, developing in our faith and at the beginning of a journey (another blog topic). That is what children do, and we are all the children of God.

I live in a rural area of western NY State, USA and no (I am not even close to NY City- it’s 9 hours away). Is it totally unrealistic to think that the actions of a middle aged woman who lives in a tiny town and enjoys fishing, the outdoors and Criminal Minds TV show (busted….) could possibly do anything even worth mentioning? In answer to that, even the largest puddle starts with a tiny drop of water. I choose to be that tiny drop (most days), and can only hope and pray that my little “plop” will draw interest or make a difference in my tiny world. I probably will not create world peace (sarcasm there), nor will I create the recipient of the any world shattering awards, but; I perhaps I can touch someone, set an example for someone, or carry someone’s burden…if only for a moment. Why am I here? I think the answer is there, just out of reach for now. Now I am off to be a drop of goodness….please join me.

Claudia Little

“A meek spirit gives no trouble willingly to any: a quiet spirit bears all wrongs without being troubled.” John Wesley

Good morning Lord; I pray for silence in the newness of this day. Allow me to listen to your words and follow your plan. Give me strength to continue in trying to set an example for others, and please let me find others who need a little help, or encouragement. I know you have a plan for me. Let me not waste energy questioning your will, but allow me to use that energy in Your name. Amen

Sisters In Christ