PDA

View Full Version : Daily Reflection - September

bluidkiti
09-01-2013, 12:55 PM
September 1

A Time to Think: In God’s wisdom, He frequently chooses to meet our needs by showing His love toward us through the hands and hearts of others. –Jack Hayford, author and minister

To Act: Be the subtle voice that helps another in need.

To Pray: Lord, let my words and actions seek to uplift another whose load may need lightening and brightening today.

bluidkiti
09-02-2013, 09:37 AM
September 2

A Time to Think: I believe the biggest determinant of our happiness at work is... us. –Jon Gordon, author

To Act: Let each day be your masterpiece.

To Pray: Bless the work of our hands, Lord, that it may always bring You glory.

bluidkiti
09-03-2013, 11:16 AM
September 3

A Time to Think: Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him and expect help from Him, He will never fail you. —George Müller, Christian evangelist

To Act: Believe that Jesus Christ is with you, helping you now, and that through Him your life can be changed.

To Pray: Lord the greatest success I can achieve is to know You and to love You, and help others know and love You too.

bluidkiti
09-04-2013, 12:07 PM
September 4

A Time to Think: Grace means that God already loves us as much as an infinite God can possibly love. –Phillip Yancey, author

To Act: Find one positive element in every day and reflect on it at night.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me face life’s problems with the sure knowledge that You’ll always be there.

bluidkiti
09-05-2013, 09:44 AM
September 5

A Time to Think: Say you are well, or all is well with you and God shall hear your words and make them true. –Ella Wheeler Wilcox, author

To Act: Create positive messages that will forever resonate your beauty.

To Pray: Lord, help me to see the blessings that might come from my difficulties.

bluidkiti
09-06-2013, 10:07 AM
September 6

A Time to Think: Every charitable act is a stepping stone toward heaven. –Henry Ward Beecher, clergyman

To Act: Hold on to what is good.

To Pray: Lord, keep me alert for opportunities to ease another's suffering.

bluidkiti
09-07-2013, 01:32 PM
September 7

A Time to Think: Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. –Mother Teresa

To Act: Use today as an opportunity to listen to God's voice.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me always to rely on You. I know you will never fail me.

bluidkiti
09-08-2013, 10:40 AM
September 8

A Time to Think: Faith has to do with things that are not seen, and hope with things that are not in hand. –Saint Thomas Aquinas

To Act: Pray about what you want. Ask God if it is the right thing for you.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, help me to hear Your voice deep in my heart, guiding me.

bluidkiti
09-09-2013, 12:33 PM
September 9

A Time to Think: Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work. –Oswald Chambers, author and evangelist

To Act: Be patient, have faith and work towards what you desire.

To Pray: Lord, show me how I might live up to Your expectations.

bluidkiti
09-10-2013, 10:41 AM
September 10

A Time to Think: We ought to see the face of God every morning before we see the face of man. –Dwight L. Moody, evangelist

To Act: Welcome the freshness of morning and the opportunities that await you the start of each new day.

To Pray: Creator God, thank You for the works of Your hand that cry out the awesome truth of Your care for me.

bluidkiti
09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
September 11

A Time to Think: I may never know the answers to the questions that plagued me after 9/11. But I know if we lean on God and each other we will be guided to a better, brighter future. –Michael Hingson, 9/11 survivor

To Act: Pray for the families and friends of those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks.

To Pray: Dear Lord, on this anniverary of September 11th, help us to to find hope and peace.

BW1
09-11-2013, 05:15 PM
:195: :195: :195:

Great reminder to not take anything for granted and to let those closest to me know how much they are loved

bluidkiti
09-12-2013, 12:25 PM
September 12

A Time to Think: We fail in the work of grace and love when there is too much of us and not enough of God. –Suzanne Woods Fisher, author

To Act: Cherish your purpose in life.

To Pray: Lord, keep me alert for opportunities to ease another's suffering.

bluidkiti
09-13-2013, 09:19 AM
September 13

A Time to Think: Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful. –Norman Vincent Peale, best-selling author and minister

To Act: Remember that faith will lead you through unsteady times.

To Pray: Thank You, Father, for giving me everything I need to be content.

bluidkiti
09-14-2013, 11:06 AM
September 14

A Time to Think: Prayer is not pulling God to my will, but the aligning of my will to the will of God. –E. Stanley Jones, Christian missionary and theologian

To Act: When you pray, release your worry and rest in God.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to persevere in prayer when things seem impossible, knowing that You are the God of possibilities.

bluidkiti
09-15-2013, 12:50 PM
September 15

A Time to Think: God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which He must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves. –A. W. Tozer, preacher and author

To Act: Relax and accept God's grace in times of stress.

To Pray: Lord, slow me down. Help me to feel the sun upon my face.

bluidkiti
09-16-2013, 11:36 AM
September 16

A Time to Think: Don't pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees. –Corrie ten Boom, author

To Act: Turn to God's word to live your best life.

To Pray: Lord, help me always to be open to Your calling.

bluidkiti
09-17-2013, 10:48 AM
September 17

A Time to Think: Four things let us ever keep in mind: God hears prayer, God heeds prayer, God answers prayer, and God delivers by prayer. –E. M. Bounds, author

To Act: Believe God loves you and is present in every aspect of your life.

To Pray: Lord, show me new ways to bring comfort and healing in Your name.

bluidkiti
09-18-2013, 10:59 AM
September 18

A Time to Think: The next time you find yourself alone in a dark alley facing the undeniables of life, don't cover them with a blanket, or ignore them with a nervous grin. Instead, stand still, whisper His name, and listen. He is nearer than you think. –Max Lucado, author and preacher

To Act: Believe that Jesus Christ is with you, helping you now, and that through Him your life can be changed.

To Pray: Lord, help me to bring the dark places of my life into the sunlight of Your promise.

bluidkiti
09-19-2013, 10:38 AM
September 19

A Time to Think: Happiness depends on happenings; joy depends on Christ. –Anonymous

To Act: Do your best and leave the rest to God.

To Pray: Lord, help me hear Your call and serve You joyfully.

bluidkiti
09-20-2013, 10:12 AM
September 20

A Time to Think: The Bible is the only book whose Author is always present when one reads it. –Author Unknown

To Act: Put God first in your life.

To Pray: Lord, help me to find renewal from my difficulties by remembering that nothing happens out of Your control.

bluidkiti
09-21-2013, 11:02 AM
September 21

A Time to Think: Quit questioning God and start trusting Him! –Joel Osteen, preacher, televangelist and author

To Act: Let God speak to you through His Word.

To Pray: Father, be present with us, our steady Guide, pointing out the way You want us to go.

bluidkiti
09-22-2013, 12:43 PM
September 22

A Time to Think: Prayer pushes us through life's slumps, propels us over the humps and pulls us out of the dumps. Prayer is the oomph we need to get the answers we seek. –Max Lucado, pastor and author

To Act: Trust that things will be fine.

To Pray: Father, be present with us, our steady Guide, pointing out the way You want us to go.

bluidkiti
09-23-2013, 10:40 AM
September 23

A Time to Think: Pray, hope, don’t worry. –Saint Padre Pio

To Act: Expect great things to happen.

To Pray: Creator God, thank You for the works of Your hand that cry out the awesome truth of Your care for me.

bluidkiti
09-24-2013, 09:33 AM
September 24

A Time to Think: To pray is to listen, to move through my own chattering to God, to that place where I can be silent and listen to what God may have to say. –Madeleine L’Engle, author

To Act: Don't focus on your fears or weaknesses. Keep Jesus in mind.

To Pray: Dear God, let me be as quick to forget my troubles as I tend to be at forgetting my blessings. And help me to remember Your goodness always.

bluidkiti
09-25-2013, 10:07 AM
September 25

A Time to Think: Nothing is more important than honesty in prayer. There are no pretensions in prayer, so the best place to begin is wherever you are. –Robert Schuller, Founder of the Crystal Cathedral

To Act: Rely on your faith during challenging times; be strong and courageous.

To Pray: Lord, in all the times and places of my life, Your love never leaves me.

bluidkiti
09-26-2013, 11:05 AM
September 26

A Time to Think: In happy moments, praise God. In the difficult moments, seek God. In the quiet moments, trust God. In every moment, thank God. –Bryan Clay, Olympic decathlon champion

To Act: Use today as an opportunity to listen to God's voice.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, help me to hear Your voice deep in my heart, guiding me.

bluidkiti
09-27-2013, 11:16 AM
September 27

A Time to Think: The simple act of stopping and looking at the beauty around us can be prayer. –Patricia Barrett, author

To Act: Today notice the little things that make your day special.

To Pray: Thank you Lord, that however small or seemingly insignificant our gifts, You can weave them into Your glorious symphony.

BW1
09-27-2013, 11:54 AM
I love the "glorious symphony" of God's orchestra :13:

bluidkiti
09-28-2013, 12:20 PM
September 28

A Time to Think: God is speaking to all of us, all the time. The question is not, to whom does God talk? The question is, who listens? –Neale Donald Walsch, author

To Act: Ask God to stay with you in difficult situations. Affirm that He is helping you now.

To Pray: Dear God, lead me through today with new insights and new hope.

bluidkiti
09-29-2013, 11:16 AM
September 29

A Time to Think: There is no situation so chaotic that God cannot from that situation, create something that is surpassingly good. –Handley C. G. Moule, theologian and writer

To Act: Think prosperity, abundance, the best of everything. God wants to give to you, His child, every good thing.

To Pray: God, help me to recognize Your influence in my life.

bluidkiti
09-30-2013, 09:11 AM
September 30

A Time to Think: If my life is surrendered to God, all is well. Let me not grab it back, as though it were in peril in His hand but would be safer in mine! –Elisabeth Elliot, author

To Act: Do not let fear stop you from reaching your goals.

To Pray: Dear Lord, today I surrender my will to You.