09-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Daily Word from Pastor Graham

And they sang a new song, saying,
“Worthy are you to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation,”

Revelation 5:9

I’m always amazed when I look at my family and notice the stark differences between every person in it. Each of my children looks different, has a distinct personality, and likes different things than the others.

Now, if kids who share a similar genetic makeup are all different in their own ways, then mom and dad are going to be more different, and extended family all the more. Yet, despite the many differences we have between us and our family members, it doesn’t change their status as our relatives. They’re related to us no matter what… nothing can change that!

The same is true of the family of God. When we come together with other believers from different backgrounds, ethnicities, and walks of life, there’s going to be some differences between us. But the unity we share in Christ is so much stronger than what divides us.

The body of Christ consists of a wonderful array of people from all different stripes. But look past the differences and focus on what unites us: our common love for our Savior, and a boundless grace only He can give!

LOOK PAST DIVISIONS AND EMBRACE THE WONDERFUL DIVERSITY THAT EXISTS IN THE BODY OF CHRIST.

daisy
09-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Today, God’s message for you is to love yourself. Loving oneself may seem almost prideful, conceited. But the truth is, Jesus says to love your neighbor as yourself. Learn to cultivate a healthy attitude of respect and dignity for yourself as someone created in God’s image. This will help you to see and treat others more as Jesus does.

krafty
09-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Looking past differences can be liberating to the spirit. It may be able to save marriages, restore broken relationships, build bridges where only division was before.

But it can even be healthy! One of the weights that can keep us from achieving our potential health is negative thoughts and feelings. And the truth be told, much of our negative thoughts have to do with those closest to us.

I just heard someone say that to have a healthy heart you must have a loving and forgiving heart. This was not a preacher, but a medical doctor. He said that he never new a person with a healthy heart who was hateful or of an angry nature.