PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Spiritual Meditations - October 16

bluidkiti
10-13-2015, 12:32 PM
God never changes who He is. He is always consistent. He is not fickle. He was not a different God in the Old Testament or to your grandparents. He is and always has been the same God. He is holy (He keeps His promises). He is righteous (He always does what’s right). He is good (He loves us and is always working in us and for us). These things never change. -- David Edwards

God’s attention never diverts from you for a moment. His touch in your life is constant, unchanging, always tender. The Lord God knows how to guide you as no one else. He knows how to bring out your best. It’s simply a matter of yielding to the Master’s touch. --Joni Eareckson Tada

We can trust in God because God is faithful. God is always with us. When we realize what God has done for us, we don’t need to be afraid of whatever disasters happen in the world. God has formed us and called us by name. God loves us, redeems us, and blots out our sins. What a privilege to belong to such a great and gracious God!

God wants to direct our course in life as we strive to follow the true path of righteousness. To that end, God gives us discernment through our prayers and reading the Bible. When we know the Lord, making those difficult decisions becomes easier. The better we know God, the better we can choose the right path.

It’s not about how much we have but how we use what we have to serve God. Loving Jesus gives us a purpose and an inheritance far greater than any bank account. May our love for Christ prompt us to live generously for his sake.

God is with us even when we are facing the worst circumstances. With God, then we can endure any problem this world can bring.

No matter what, God’s living water runs deep and never fails.

With God, sometimes the lowest point in life can be the strongest point in life.

Choosing to serve God brings light and joy into each day.

THE SPIRIT OF POWER, NOT FEAR by Michael Youssef
If you visit Rome, you can see the dungeon that once housed the apostle Paul. You can stand within the same four solid walls that once formed his cell. You can look up through the hole in the center of the ceiling from which he received food and water.
There are no windows, no doors, and no way of escape; and yet, for Paul, it was not a place of defeat or fear. It was a place of both victory and hope. Though Paul was confined physically, he was free spiritually.
We don’t know how long Paul was in this environment. However, we do know that from here he was taken to a place of execution. But even in death, Paul did not face defeat. The moment after he drew his last earthly breath, he was embraced by the Lord.
There are times when we view our circumstances from the wrong perspective. We face difficulty and wonder how God can be glorified. We suffer through loss and heartache and can’t imagine how He will turn our circumstances around.
When we set our focus on the problem instead of on Christ, we miss the infusion of God’s power. Paul’s spiritual gaze was set on an eternal goal, not his earthly problems.
In times of sorrow and hopelessness, there is a spiritual power available to each one of us through Jesus Christ. Therefore, there is never an occasion to give up. We have an eternal hope that will never abandon us.
What are you facing today that has the potential to cause you to quit, throw in the towel, and walk away? Remember, Jesus Christ is your strength. He has the power you need to live in victory. When you place your trust in Him, He lifts you up and gives you the strength you need to endure the trials of life.
God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7, NKJV).

You Can Handle It by Timothy Jackson, Jr.
"Because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5-6)
"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." (I Corinthians 10:13)
When a mother is preparing to feed her baby, she always tests the temperature of the milk before giving it to the baby. She may place a drop or two on her hand, she may feel the bottle itself, or even taste the milk herself. The mother simply wants to ensure that the bottle is just right for her baby. When the baby receives the bottle, the parent knows that he or she can handle it.
Many times, we find ourselves in places in life that seem unbearable. We often question whether we will be able to stand the test of time. We wonder if we will be able to handle the weight of the situation.
We find ourselves in the very situations we never imagined ourselves being in... the situations that we looked at from afar and said, "I can’t handle that." Many of us are dealing with situations that seem too hot too handle and we feel like throwing in the towel and giving up all together. However, EVERY trial and tribulation has been tested by the Father before it is allowed to enter our lives. We must know and understand that God has not forgotten about us and He knows what we can bear better than ourselves. When we feel as though we can't go on, God knows what we’re going through, what we can handle and he will never leave us or forsake us.

God's Wings Author Unknown
An article in National Geographic several years ago provided an interesting picture of God's wings. After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage. One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely on the ground at the base of a tree.
Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick. When he gently struck it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings.
The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings, instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise. She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies. Then the blaze had arrived and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother had remained steadfast.
Because she had been willing to die, those under the cover of her wings would live. "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge." (Psalm 91:4)
Being loved this much should make a difference in your life today. Remember the One who loves you, and then be different because of it.

REPETITION Author Unknown
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go." (Psalm 32:8)
We were among the first boarding the Boeing 757 on the flight from Atlanta to Phoenix, as our tickets took us to the rear of the plane. We were seated, and the flight warnings and instructions were shown on the TV screens which hung above the center aisle. As I watched, looking down the length of the plane, I saw 5 screens, each repeating the same instructions. I thought to myself, "How often does God have to repeat the same thing to me - over and over - before I understand and I am obedient?"
Have you ever felt the nudging to write someone a note, make a phone call, or lift someone up in prayer... just to ignore it? Then perhaps a friend may mention that persons' name - again, a repetition of the nudge.
The list could go on. How about when we know we should spend time in prayer or Bible reading? We may ignore that first reminder, but God has a way of repeating the message to us until it gets through!
He also is in the business of reminding us of His unfailing love, just in case we miss it on the first screen of our lives. He will repeat the love message to us in many ways - as many times as it takes - for us to know that we are SO special to Him and loved without reservation. I am so glad that God will repeat His message of love to us, and His call for us to serve others. How blessed we are!

Camo by Sally I. Kennedy
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Hebrews 4:13
We were on the back porch. A holiday morning, not much stirring yet. I was slowly waking, cradling a steaming mug of coffee, when my husband asked, "Do you see what's in the tree?"
I strained to look, and all I saw was healthy, green palm fronds. Perfectly camouflaged, the iguana lay draped over a top branch. I zoomed in with my camera lens, and was once-again amazed at the mimic that nature comes up with.
"He's so concealed by his coloring and marks", I thought. "It keeps him hidden in his surroundings".
Sometimes I cover things up, put a smokescreen over them. But nothing in all of this world, including my heart, is hidden from God. Our very thoughts are known to Him, and they're not a surprise. He doesn't say, "Hmmm, imagine that, what she's thinking!"....or, "Gee, look what he just did!" No news to the Lord, who knew us before we were even born (Psalm 139).
And, He loves us anyway. You may have heard this, and it is true: there is nothing you could ever do that would make God love you more, and there is nothing you could ever do that would make God love you less. He loves you. Period. Forever. Unconditionally. It's who He is. That is definitely good news.

We Can Do This Together by Shauna Niequist
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens . . . a time to tear and a time to mend. — Ecclesiastes 3:1, Ecclesiastes 3:7
I once told Aaron that if I found out I wasn’t pregnant that month, I’d break something glass, just to feel it shatter in my hands. And then I found out I wasn’t pregnant. Again. I didn’t break anything, but I posted something on my blog about how I was feeling.
Later that week I had lunch with my friend Emily. I hoped she hadn’t read my post. She was one of my seventeen pregnant friends, and I wanted it to be a sweet, happy lunch. And it was. We talked about all the lovely baby stuff, and then she gave me a gift.
She said she had read my post, and that this is the point in friendship when sometimes two friends walk away from each other for a while, because the pain and awkwardness and tenderness are too great. She said she thought we could do better than that.
She handed me two pairs of safety goggles.
She said, “When you feel like shattering something, I’ll be right there with you. We’ll put on our safety goggles. I’ll help you break something, and then I’ll help you clean it up. You’ve been celebrating with me, and I’ll be here to grieve with you. We can do this together.”
Have you ever had a friend share generously in your pain or joy, even though they were in a very different sort of season?
Your Turn What about you? Have you seen a friend in pain and entered into it with them instead of walking away no matter the great tenderness and awkwardness? Today, who could use a set of safety goggles as a gift from you? Who needs you to partner with them in grieving and before the Lord?

How Deep is the Sea? by Steve May
Do you remember in Titanic when Rose lets the Heart of the Ocean slip into the deep waters of the Atlantic? As it drifts slowly down, you know without being told that the priceless jewel is gone forever, never to be found, never to be recovered. The ocean is far too immense, and the diamond -- though of great value -- is far too small.
It's the same with your sins. When you bring them to God, he tosses them into the sea, where they sink to the bottom and disappear into the ocean floor, never to be seen again. No matter what you think their price should be.
Still, we have a habit of diving after them, reliving the shame and feeling again the shame that sin has brought into our lives.
That's how the accuser makes his living -- he comes around from time to time to remind you of your past: "I'll never let you forget. I’ll make sure you remember your sins forever."
That's what the accuser says, but God has said about your sins: "They’re gone. They’re lost in the sea. And I will remember them no more."
He will again have compassion on us; He will vanquish our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. (Micah 7:19)
Today we can celebrate God’s forgiveness, deeper than the ocean, farther than the east is from the west, greater than our sin.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Spiritual freedom is the doorway that will lead to the access of benefits in My kingdom, says the Lord. Bondage of any kind will keep you from the fullness of life in the Spirit. I have given you authority to overcome and defeat the flesh, the devil, and worldliness. You must make choices that result in either life or death; liberty or bondage. Scrutinize your decisions. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Let bygones be bygones. Mourning over the past and thinking about what you could have done, should have done, or might have done is a waste of time and energy. What you did or did not do is a fact of life. What you can do is learn from your experiences, both positive and negative, and move on with greater insight because of what you have been through. That's life. From this moment forward depend on Me for direction, guidance and wisdom, says the Lord. I will help you. Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

I speak to many when I say that you have become distracted with worldly concerns to the point of falling asleep spiritually. Now is the time to shake yourself awake and get on the path of walking in the Spirit. I want you to live in Me and live your faith, says the Lord. I did not call you to religious exercise, but to a vital and strong relationship with Me. This will require a shift in focus. John 14:20 "At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

You have been out of your comfort zone for some time. I have asked you to do things that were difficult and even exasperating. But, now you will begin to establish new routines and ways of doing things that will make life much easier in many ways. What you must do now is be sensitive to My Spirit and allow Me to take the lead. Determine to know My will in every situation, says the Lord. 1 John 2:17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

In a vision I saw myself and others with me moving supernaturally with great speed. We had a destination in mind and everything else was moved out of the way. Our focus was on our ultimate goal, and we did not waver. We felt compelled by the Spirit to continue on our course unhindered. The forces of darkness and works of the flesh had no power, and they were as nothing to us in this state of being. Psalm 18:29 For by You I can run against a troop, by my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I have brought you into this season for your benefit. I will indeed provide the opportunities that are necessary for you to excel, so that you may receive the fullness of that which I desire for you. The decisions you now make will elevate you or cause you to go down the mountain. And that, My children, you do not want to do. Do not allow yourself to backslide in this season. Do not allow yourself to make wrong decisions, but seek Me and seek the counsel of My will in all things. I will lead you in paths of righteousness so that you may have the power that you are going to need--power to overcome the enemy; power to release the hidden blessings; power to find the hidden treasures of darkness. I am bringing forth the word of power so the circumstances and situations you will face will result in victory and not defeat, says the Lord.

WHERE DOES MY PASSION LAY? By Debbie Preuss, April 7, 2002
Lord, where does my passion lay
Do I burn for You each day
Does what I do just leave me cold
Do I need to break out of this mold
Find my freedom in serving You
Doing what You'd have me do?
Light the fire within my soul
Cleanse me, heal me, make me whole
Renew the passion deep inside
As I closer to You abide
Reveal what You would have me be
As I spend time on bended knee
Burn within me, show the way
As I strive Lord, to obey
To follow the passion You provide
Lord, please come and be my guide
Through the valley and mountain peak
May it be You that I seek
So I may burn for You each day
Show me where my passions lay
Thank You Lord. Amen.

ALWAYS ON CALL! By pen2write4
God is near as a phone
He's only a step away
For when we kneel, to him in prayer
he will answer us without delay
He doesn't put us ever on hold
nor does he charge us a fee
He waits for us to tell him our problems
and that call is between you and me
The number we dial is always listed
it's callings are all so plain
and when we use it to make our request
we're connected when we call on his name
He listens to us with open ears
and he is never ever too busy
He waits right there until we are through
and he doesn't cut us off in a frenzy
We don't have to wait for any signals
and we need never have to pay a dime
All we need is to have a patient heart
and he will be right there on time
You don't even have to worry about
this line ever being disconnect
For this line of power that we have
it's always able, to reach direct
So you see you can call him at anytime
from morning, noon, or night
and you need no operator to reach this number
when he told us in his word, it's our right

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that overcomes the world, our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? -- 1 John 5:4,5

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. - Isaiah 43:2-3

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6

As for those who in the present age are rich, command them not to be haughty, or to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but rather on God who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. - 1 Timothy 6:17

Continue to live your lives in [Christ Jesus], rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. - Colossians 2:6-7

Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. - Romans 10:17

[God] consoles us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to console those who are in any affliction with the consolation with which we ourselves are consoled by God. - 2 Corinthians 1:4

Seeking The Son by Cassandra Wessel
John 12:20-21 – Now among those who went up to worship at the feast were some Greeks. So these came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and said to him, "Sir, we wish to see Jesus." (RSV)
John 18:7 – Again he asked them, "Whom do you seek?" And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth." (RSV)
On author Robin Lee Hatcher's Facebook page, she posted a photo that showed sunflowers that her husband had planted alongside their house. What grabbed my attention was that they grew almost to the eavestrough, but one yellow sunflower bent its leafy, green neck around the eaves and stretched beyond the roof line seeking the sun.
The first thing to enter my head was, "Would you look at the size of that sunflower! What amazing growth!" Then other words whispered in my soul: "I want you to seek the Son like the sunflower seeks the sun."
The sunflower grew feet above the eaves searching for sunshine. It stretched beyond normal height, going to extremes as it sought the sun. The sunflower's DNA directed it to bend around a growth-halting obstacle, the eaves. By way of comparison, in human spiritual growth, our fallen nature is our obstacle. We need the Son more than we realize, since our sinful DNA tends to seek the shadows where we will wither.
Like the sunflower's effort to reach the sun, our spiritual growth will require effort: rising a little earlier for worship, reaching out to a neighbour with help, or placing our Bible on the kitchen table beside our coffee cup to encourage us to read it. After all, we are not sunflowers, but fallen humans who need encouragement to seek the Son.
As the sunflower seeks sunshine, so we must seek the Son of God to overcome our obstacles. When we seek Jesus, we find ourselves stretched in the process. As we read the Scriptures, our perceptions shift so that we see things the way He does. As we serve others, our priorities change in the process of doing His work on earth. As we worship, we experience spiritual growth. These things require effort.
When we seek Jesus, the Son will shine upon us. As the sun shines upon sunflowers changing them from gangly, green stalks to beautiful, yellow flowers, so we will be changed through the process of seeking Jesus, the Son of God. As we stretch our focus toward the Son of God, like the sunflower grows toward the sun, we will grow spiritually.
Let's seek the Son like the sunflower seeks the sun.
Prayer: Lord God Almighty, shine upon us so that we may grow toward the Son through Your Holy Spirit living in us. Amen.

As the dawn breaks Lord, have mercy on me. Strip away the sins that weaken me. Help me to mend my faults and cleanse my imperfections. When the Holy Spirit speaks to me, help me recognize and treasure the true meaning of the words. God, I place myself at your service this entire day. Guard me from injury of body and mind. Let the rising of the sun find me blessing your name and in its setting proclaiming your name. Amen

Read Through The Bible
Job 26
1 But Job answered and said, 2 How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength? 3 How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom? and how hast thou plentifully declared the thing as it is? 4 To whom hast thou uttered words? and whose spirit came from thee? 5 Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof. 6 Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering. 7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. 8 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them. 9 He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it. 10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end. 11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof. 12 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud. 13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent. 14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

We love you, Lord. When the floods and fires come, we are thankful for Your presence with us. May we always seek Your will and direction for our lives, and may we have the faith to follow. What a comfort it is to know that You are our God, the Holy One, our Savior! May our desire be only to serve You. Inspire us to use our resources for Your glory by helping those in need. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.