PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining a sense of humor

bluidkiti
09-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Brighten
I look on the lighter, brighter side of life.

Maintaining a sense of humor helps me navigate life’s challenges. If I am troubled or worried, I treat myself gently and lighten up. I trust the power of Love within to guide me through any situation.

God’s love helps me rise above circumstances. It empowers me to proceed with optimism and courage and relieves any burden I am carrying. I open my heart to Love and feel the lightness of God uplift me.

Divine love is a gentle reminder that I am never alone. It is the eternal presence of hope within me. In God’s love, I remember not to take things too seriously—to look on the lighter, brighter side of life.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long.—Psalm 23:6

Daily Word

BW1
09-05-2013, 12:59 PM
laughter is healing and tears are cleansing

"Tears are God's way of putting rainbows on our soul" so we can expereince the joy

MajestyJo
09-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Just had a memory of my mother in our kitchen on the farm and pictured her reading the Daily Word. She died when I was 20 and I had moved to the city and the book was no longer a part of my life.

What I like about the readings is the awareness they bring and it is up to us to make the decision to take what we read and apply it to our life. It is one thing to know, another to do and following through on what we read.

Like you post BW. Many times, just sitting reading, doing a meditation and prayer session, the tears will flow. I don't always know what starts them or what is being released, a hidden memory or a healing of the much abuse I did to myself and the abuse done by others. As the old song by Johnny Rivers says, "Cry me a River over you."

http://www.songlyrics.com/johnny-ray/cry-lyrics/

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-240x320-cats/0220.gif

LookingOut
09-06-2013, 08:38 AM
If I could't laugh at myself, all I would do is cry! It's all balance once again. Some good humor relieves a lot of stress and pain.