PDA

View Full Version : What inspires you?

bluidkiti
09-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Sisters in Christ Worldwide

YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

What inspires you? A favorite verse from the Bible, the beautiful colors of the rainbow, the song of a morning bird? Inspiration comes in many forms and can be easy to find or close to impossible to attain. The driving force of life is essential.

Each of us can be motivated in a different way. I love the sounds of music, a child’s laughter and the glory of the outdoors. Running, flowing, rushing or trickling water is a plus too. The smell of lilacs, the warmth of a fire and the taste of my morning coffee are all in my recipe for inspiration. Our senses seem to serve as conduit for energy, comfort and focus. Wasn’t it wonderful that the Lord gave us these to manage our approach to the day?

On those days when inspiration seems a million miles away, what can we do? I fancy myself as an “artsy” person. No one has ever accused me of being an artist, but if intention and determination count…I am artsy. However; when I NEED to be inspired and creative…quite often it is like pulling teeth. I am not capable of forcing my creative juices. I might as well go do a load of laundry, because it’s just not going to happen. In order to regain that productive demeanor, I have learned to just walk away. Then I center myself in my surroundings, release the tension and worry, and ignore the task at hand. It may take a little while, but eventually I find myself filling with ideas and an attainable goal.

I am thinking my relationship with the Lord is a lot like that. There are days when I could fall on my knees and quote scripture till the cows come home in an effort to speak to my Father. And at the end of that day, I find no peace, no answer, and no comfort. Perhaps this is when I need to stop trying and just listen. I have finally come to accept that the Lord will speak to me when it is time, and that may very well not be on my schedule. The Lord motivates me and the inspiration that He gives me is limitless. Even when it seems we need to wait for His word, a glance around may be a prelude to the message we seek. I suspect we were endowed with our senses for more than the obvious job at hand. Are they not another vessel in which we can carry His love?

Claudia Little

Stay connected to the source of your victory and that is THE WORD OF GOD!!! ~ Malene Mendoza~

Good morning Lord; Thank you so much for your guidance and inspiration. Although we often want more, or don’t understand the limits you bestow upon us, may we remain patient and understanding. Allow us to listen to your words, subtle as they sometimes may be, and then may we use the holy energy to move forward in our lives and in our faith. You are the inspiration. You are our all. Amen