PDA

View Full Version : Think Before You Speak

bluidkiti
11-25-2015, 08:48 AM
Since the holidays are upon us I thought it would be great to share this as a reminder when we are with family and friends for the holidays.

Think Before You Speak

T: Is it truthful? Is what I’m about to say the truth?

H: Is it helpful? Or will it simply harm the other person?

I: Is it inspirational? Does it build up or does it tear down?

N: Is it necessary? If it’s not necessary, why do I need to say it?

K: Is it kind?

THINK before you speak. Reflect before you react. It’ll slow down your anger every time.

Happy Holiday! :D

MajestyJo
11-26-2015, 12:51 AM
One of the reasons that I didn't spend Christmas the year I quit smoking. I couldn't guarantee what would come out of my mouth. I quit the 21st of December, 1998 and figured if I could get through the holidays without smoking, I would never have a reason to pick one up again. When I was with family, I would go out in the garage or outside to have a cigarette to get away from them, or to collect my thoughts and say a prayer. When I just accepted that they are who they are, and though they were self-righteous, condescending, and often very hurtful, I just had to turn them over to my God. They were very religious, and I was often an after thought, that is how I felt, because they would call the day before Christmas to invite my son and I.

God and I had to do a lot a work in this area. This is a one day at a time program, and it is still applicable in today.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/holidays-thanksgiving/0012.gif