PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Bag

krafty
09-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Recovery is about avoiding pain and maintaining happiness.

Live out of your imagination, not your history.
- Stephen Covey

What is it I see in you that I can not seem
to accept about myself?

To love and win is the best thing.
To love and lose, the next best.
William M. Thackeray

There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

MajestyJo
09-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Would like to avoid the pain of my 5 types of arthritis, neuralgia in my face from having Bell's Palsy twice, pseudo gout, neuropathy in my feet from my diabetes. Each day is a journey with my God. A lot of it I didn't know was there because I had been using. You can't expect anything else when you abuse yourself and allow others to abuse you too. I got hit and starting hitting back. Mental, emotional, and spiritual pain because you lost your trust in God, others, and yourself. It has been a long journey, but my God and I are working on it.

The body carries memories of our abuse, be it mental, emotional or physical. I try not to let my chronic pain rule my life, yet there are days when I can't think or work through it and I have had to be accepting and not put high expectations on myself. Seeing as I am 71, I am just getting old and parts are wearing out, and yet when I went to the Holistic Center for a treatment, the Reiki Master said he hadn't seen me that good since he first started treating me about 15 years ago.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-rabbits/0172.gif