PDA

View Full Version : Bible Verse Of The Day - August

bluidkiti
08-04-2013, 06:00 PM
August 4

“This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:2-3

For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord my God. Psalm 38:15

Philippians 3:20 - 20 But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.

bluidkiti
08-05-2013, 11:12 AM
August 5

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. Psalm 119:130

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17

Psalm 19:8 - 8 The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living.

bluidkiti
08-06-2013, 01:18 PM
August 6

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalm 119:160

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. John 14:1

1 Thessalonians 3:7 - 7 So we have been greatly encouraged in the midst of our troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith.

Luke 6:27-31 — "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

bluidkiti
08-07-2013, 11:03 AM
August 7

For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us. Isaiah 33:22

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6

Romans 1:12 - 12 When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.

2 Corinthians 5:21 — God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

dwmoeller
08-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. - Philippians 4:6

Thought: Anxiety erodes trust; turn to God.

bluidkiti
08-08-2013, 10:45 AM
August 8

For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Psalm 149:4

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 71:6 - 6 Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you!

bluidkiti
08-09-2013, 10:27 AM
August 9

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7

My experience shows that those who plant trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same. Job 4:8

Psalm 31:7 - 7 I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.

2 Peter 1:5-9 — For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

bluidkiti
08-10-2013, 11:28 AM
August 10

Of the Sons of Korah. According to alamoth. A song. ] God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Matthew 25:36 - 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.

2 Peter 1:5-9 — For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

dwmoeller
08-10-2013, 11:52 AM
A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. - Proverbs 25:11

Thought: Loving words enrich lives.

bluidkiti
08-11-2013, 11:19 AM
August 11

I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. Psalm 119:14

Think about it: Just as a parent disciplines a child, the Lord your God disciplines you for your own good. Deuteronomy 8:5

Psalm 121:7 - 7 The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.

dwmoeller
08-12-2013, 09:16 AM
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:7

Thought: Be at peace in the Lord!

bluidkiti
08-12-2013, 10:49 AM
August 12

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor. Proverbs 21:21

Psalm 121:8 - 8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.

bluidkiti
08-13-2013, 10:21 AM
August 13

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Ephesians 6:23 - 23 Peace be with you, dear brothers and sisters, and may God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you love with faithfulness.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 — Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

dwmoeller
08-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. - Isaiah 40:31

Thought: God's compassion is new each day.

dwmoeller
08-14-2013, 08:19 AM
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. - Psalm 73:26

Thought: Though my body weakens, I grow stronger with Christ.

bluidkiti
08-14-2013, 01:10 PM
August 14

“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:14,20

God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Matthew 5:7

Psalm 119:2 - 2 Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts.

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 — ...pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

bluidkiti
08-15-2013, 08:48 AM
August 15

If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Romans 14:8

Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12

Joshua 1:5 - 5 No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you.

2 Thessalonians 3:11-13 — We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat. And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.

bluidkiti
08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
August 16

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when he judges you. James 2:13

Joshua 1:9 - 9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Deuteronomy 30:11-14 — Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, "Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

bluidkiti
08-17-2013, 10:29 AM
August 17

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends. 2 Corinthians 10:17-18

The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. Psalm 103:13

Philippians 2:3-4 - 3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

bluidkiti
08-18-2013, 12:34 PM
August 18

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8

James 1:17 - 17 Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

dwmoeller
08-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. - Hebrews 10:23

Thought: As God promised, He is there for you!

bluidkiti
08-19-2013, 11:05 AM
August 19

Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. Psalm 13:5

Psalm 40:5 - 5 O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.

Colossians 3:15 — Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

bluidkiti
08-20-2013, 08:24 AM
August 20

I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful. Proverbs 16:20

2 Corinthians 12:10 - 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Philippians 4:8 — Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.

What we put into our minds determines our words and our actions. God's Word tells us to program our minds with thoughts that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. Examine what you are putting into your mind through television, the Internet, books, conversations, movies, and magazines. Replace harmful input with wholesome material. Above all, read God's Word and pray. Ask God to help you focus your mind on what is good and pure. It takes practice, but it can be done.

dwmoeller
08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28

Thought: Rest is exactly what the "Doctor" ordered.

bluidkiti
08-21-2013, 09:30 AM
August 21

By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

Ecclesiastes 7:14 - 14 Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realize that both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life.

Matthew 6:9-10 — This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

bluidkiti
08-22-2013, 08:29 AM
August 22

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32

But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God. Psalm 146:5

Isaiah 40:31 - 31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Colossians 1:21-23 — Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation — if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

dwmoeller
08-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Indeed the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows. - Luke 12:7

Thought: Be comforted. God is on the watch!

bluidkiti
08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
August 23

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. Psalm 94:18-19

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you. Psalm 9:10

Daniel 12:3 - 3 Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever.

bluidkiti
08-24-2013, 12:07 PM
August 24

I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2

Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock. Isaiah 26:4

Job 11:18 - 18 Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and will rest in safety.

Psalm 64:1-2 — Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy. Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked, from the plots of evildoers.

We may believe that God wants to hear only certain requests from us. While it is true that we should offer praise confession, & respectful petitions, it's also true that God is willing to listen to anything we want to tell him. David, the psalmist, expressed himself honestly, knowing that God would hear his voice. God will always listen to us, and He will fully understand what we say.

bluidkiti
08-25-2013, 11:41 AM
August 25

Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. Psalm 119:165

But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!" Psalm 31:14

Psalm 107:1 - 1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.

bluidkiti
08-26-2013, 09:55 AM
August 26

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:4-5

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Colossians 4:2

Psalm 127:3 - 3 Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.

2 Corinthians 9:8-11 — Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint; And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: "They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever." Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

bluidkiti
08-27-2013, 10:52 AM
August 27

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

Joyful are those who listen to me, watching for me daily at my gates, waiting for me outside my home! Proverbs 8:34

Proverbs 11:17 - 17 Your kindness will reward you, but your cruelty will destroy you.

Proverbs 15:1 — A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Have you ever tried to argue in a whisper? It is equally hard to argue with someone who insists on answering gently. On the other hand, a rising voice and harsh words almost always trigger an angry response. To turn away wrath and seek peace, choose gentle words.

bluidkiti
08-28-2013, 12:48 PM
August 28

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:29

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12:12

Micah 6:8 - 8 No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Psalm 16:5 — Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.

"God alone is enough, but without him, nothing is enough for thy happiness." — Puritan John Gibbons

bluidkiti
08-29-2013, 12:50 PM
August 29

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3

Psalm 18:6 - 6 But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears.

dwmoeller
08-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2

Thought: Aim for heaven, and you will do fine on earth.

bluidkiti
08-30-2013, 11:57 AM
August 30

Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, Ephesians 2:19

Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Isaiah 55:6

Matthew 16:25 - 25 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.

Isaiah 43:1-3(a) —

But now, this is what the Lord says —
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...

In shady green pastures, so rich and so sweet;
Where the water's cool flow bathes the weary one's feet,
God leads his dear children along.
Sometimes on the mountain where the sun shines so bright;
Sometimes in the valley; in the darkest of night!
Though sorrows befall us and Satan oppose,
Through grace we can conquer defeat all our foes!
God leads his dear children along.
Some through the waters,
Some through the flood,
Some through the fire,
But all through the blood!
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
in the night season and all the day long!
— G.A.Young

bluidkiti
08-31-2013, 10:16 AM
August 31

Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice: Psalm 95:6-7

If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. Jeremiah 29:13

Ecclesiastes 6:9 - 9 Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don’t have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless—like chasing the wind.

dwmoeller
08-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23

Thought: As God promised, He is there for you!