Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9338)

bluidkiti 08-13-2016 10:45 AM

August 13

Proverbs 3:5-6 - 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 3:8 (NLT): Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.

Today’s Thought: Being in one mind, working together and being sympathetic towards each other goes a long way. We are here for one purpose: to lead people to Christ. Imagine how many more lives can be touched if we all would work together!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me work together with my fellow brothers & sisters so more people will come to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Isaiah 33:2 LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

bluidkiti 08-14-2016 07:57 AM

August 14

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ. - Colossians 3:23-24

James 4:10 (NIV) - Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 - 16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

bluidkiti 08-15-2016 07:55 AM

August 15

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." —Romans 8:15

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. — Psalms 105:4

2 Timothy 1:7 NIV For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

dwmoeller 08-15-2016 10:21 AM

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? - Romans 8:35

Thought:

Love so great:
Christ died for us;
Christ lives for us.

bluidkiti 08-16-2016 07:46 AM

August 16

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. - Psalm 1:1-2

John 13:34-35 NIV "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Psalm 34:4-8

I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

James 1:2-4 - 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

dwmoeller 08-16-2016 09:10 AM

Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me. - Mark 9:37

Thought: Bring the little children to Jesus.

bluidkiti 08-17-2016 09:44 AM

August 17

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. - 1 Peter 5:6

Psalm 73:26 —

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. — 2 Peter 3:8

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Luke 6:38

O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. Psalms 34:3

dwmoeller 08-18-2016 07:08 AM

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. - Galatians 1:3

Thought: Know God's grace in Christ and live in peace.

bluidkiti 08-18-2016 08:02 AM

August 18

Psalm 19:1 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. —Romans 8:18

Ecclesiastes 5:19 NIV When God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work -- this is a gift of God.

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

bluidkiti 08-19-2016 09:08 AM

August 19

1 John 3:18 “Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.”

Psalm 65:3 — When we were overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions.

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" — Romans 14:11

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

Psalm 149:4-5 (NIV) - For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.

Romans 1:17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

bluidkiti 08-20-2016 08:28 AM

August 20

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself. — Galatians 5:14

Psalm 16:8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

1 Corinthians 16:14 NIV Do everything in love.

bluidkiti 08-21-2016 10:01 AM

August 21

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:1-2 (NLT): So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you are willing to suffer for Christ, you have decided to stop sinning. And you won't spend the rest of your life chasing after evil desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.

Today’s Thought: We are in a constant war within ourselves. Our flesh loves sin, but, our Spirit hates it. How do you fight it? Stay in the Word of God – constantly. Another thing that helps is to play worship music whenever you can. When you sin, repent right away & turn away from it.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me keep my eyes on You always. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. — Philippians 4:8

Psalm 42:8
By day the Lord directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 63:1 NIV O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

bluidkiti 08-22-2016 08:27 AM

August 22

Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Job 12:10 (NIV) In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.

Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

Matthew 5:13-16 NIV "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:29

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

dwmoeller 08-22-2016 08:36 AM

Carry each other's burdens. - Galatians 6:2

Thought: Helping hands lighten many loads.

bluidkiti 08-23-2016 09:35 AM

August 23

For the LORD delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. - Psalm 149:4

Psalm 94:18-19
18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.

1 Corinthians 1:10 NIV I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 - 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.