Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - February (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8266)

bluidkiti 02-14-2016 06:40 AM

February 14

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. - John 15:13

John 13:34-35 - 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-16 - Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 1 John 4:16

1 Corinthians 12:4-6 (NIV) - There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

bluidkiti 02-15-2016 10:57 AM

February 15

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

1 John 4:10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Romans 12:14

1 Corinthians 13:4 (NIV) - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

bluidkiti 02-16-2016 07:45 AM

February 16

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13

1 John 3:11 For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.

Psalms 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. Matthew 24:42

Psalm 27:14 (NIV) - Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

bluidkiti 02-17-2016 09:41 AM

February 17

"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them." - Matthew 18:20

Titus 2:1 NIV You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.

Proverbs 4:20-27
My son, pay attention to what I say;
turn your ear to my words.
Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;
for they are life to those who find them
and health to one’s whole body.
Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.
Keep your mouth free of perversity;
keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
Let your eyes look straight ahead;
fix your gaze directly before you.
Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
and be steadfast in all your ways.
Do not turn to the right or the left;
keep your foot from evil.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

Restore me and make me whole.
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalms 51:10

Jonah 2:2 He said: “In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry.

James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

bluidkiti 02-18-2016 07:55 AM

February 18

1 John 4:7-8 7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Romans 8:38-39 - 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Peter 3:3-4 NIV Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23

Romans 13:8 (NIV) - Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.

God has it under control.
"And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." Exodus 33:14

Psalm 22:19 But you, LORD, do not be far from me. You are my strength; come quickly to help me.

bluidkiti 02-19-2016 10:26 AM

February 19

John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

1 Thessalonians 5:15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed. - Proverbs 16:3

1 John 4:11-12 - 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Zechariah 4:6 NIV He said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty."

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? John 14:2

1 Corinthians 16:13-14 (NIV) - Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.

By faith, I receive all God has for me.
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

bluidkiti 02-20-2016 08:11 AM

February 20

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. —Galatians 2:20

Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts. - Psalm 119:2

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Psalm 42:2 NIV My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2

1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV) - Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Samuel 2:2 “There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

bluidkiti 02-21-2016 10:41 AM

February 21

And "don't sin by letting anger control you." Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry,for anger gives a foothold to the devil. - Ephesians 4:26-27

Psalm 33:22 May your unfailing love be with us, LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

Genesis 50:20 NIV You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

2 Timothy 1:11-14 And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

God created you with a purpose in mind.
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalms 139:14

1 Chronicles 16:11 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

1 Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

bluidkiti 02-22-2016 07:48 AM

February 22

1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

Luke 5:27-28 NIV After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him, and Levi got up, left everything and followed him.

For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen. Romans 11:36

Psalm 43:5 (NIV) - Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

In good times and bad times, I will praise the Lord. "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." Philippians 4:4

Isaiah 40:30-31 - 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

dwmoeller 02-22-2016 08:21 AM

He humbled himself and became obedient to death, even death on a cross. Philippians 2:8

Thought: Believe in Jesus, learn from Jesus, be humble like Jesus.

bluidkiti 02-23-2016 08:48 AM

February 23

Exodus 33:11 (NIV) The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.

Thought: You're going to have the same experience. Think about it.

Joshua 1:6-8 — Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
"Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Proverbs 14:22 Do not those who plot evil go astray? But those who plan what is good find[a] love and faithfulness.

People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their heart. Proverbs 21:2

Lord, please forgive me for my sins.
"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Acts 2:21

bluidkiti 02-24-2016 09:05 AM

February 24

Share each other's burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. - Galatians 6:2

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Galatians 5:14 NIV The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Isaiah 1:17 (NIV) - Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.

It can be hard to see God in the midst of your trials, but He is there.
"And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee." Jeremiah 1:19

Psalm 40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.

dwmoeller 02-24-2016 09:24 AM

Surely God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid. - Isaiah 12:2

Thought: Trust is built on a secure relationship. Trust God, who is always fair, just, and forgiving.

dwmoeller 02-25-2016 08:23 AM

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. - Proverbs 3:5

Thought: You settle for second best when you lean on yourself. So lean on God!

bluidkiti 02-25-2016 10:22 AM

February 25

Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe. - Proverbs 18:10

Matthew 22:37-39 - 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.

Psalm 37:5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise. Hebrews 11:11

John 10:10 (NIV) - The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

As we go into the weekend, may God continue to bless and protect you.
"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." Revelation 22:21

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.