Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayers and Prayer Requests (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Daily Prayers - March (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2936)

bluidkiti 03-15-2014 11:28 AM

March 16

Father, your Spirit lives in me, and I am swift to hear. I have learned it’s more important to listen than to be heard. I purpose to be slow to speak, and choose the words I speak with grace. I am slow to become angry. May my recreated human spirit, under the control of the Holy Spirit bear fruit — joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that when I truly commit my life to You, it means that I accept You as Lord of my life, that I am willing to stop going my own way and "doing my own thing," and that I am now ready to commit to seeking Your will for my life. Give me the strength to keep my resolve. ... Remind me too that You do indeed answer prayers, not always as I may desire, but according to what I am ready for, or what is best for me. You may answer: "Yes," "No," "Wait a while," or "I have something better in mind!" ... Oh Lord, help me to realize that I can truly count on You -- the question is: "Will You be able to count on me?" ... Help me, Lord, for I am often weak.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God's Simple Message

1 Corinthians 2:1-5

Dear Father, God of all true wisdom, power, and glory,

When I set about to share your Good News about Jesus with other people, keep me from using lofty concepts or high-sounding words. Let me speak of nothing except Christ and him crucified.

Help me to understand that it is okay for me to show my own weakness, fear, and trembling. Let my words demonstrate your Spirit and power, so that the faith which germinates will rest not in my wisdom but in yours.

In the name of Jesus, by his authority, and according to his will I lift up this petition to you. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, may we receive your Spirit so that we win the victory over ourselves and over the world around us, not with our human crudeness, force, and clamor, but only through your Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ. Help each of us in our own particular situation. We all know there is much evil around us; there is much we must fight. But in Jesus' name we want to plunge right in, right into the world, right into whatever suffering is meant for us in the midst of the evil that is not yet overcome. In Jesus' name we go toward the great victory that will come when all who are granted your joy will praise you with all their hearts, O Father in heaven. Amen.

Prayer: Father God, be near me in my suffering tonight. It is sometimes hard for me to accept that suffering is a part of life, but it is comforting to know that You are with me always and are working all things together for good. Renew my tired spirit and continually put before me the hope each new day brings.

Blessing: May you experience how deep and rich and wide the love of God can be in your life. May you see your present sufferings as nothing compared to the future glory that will be revealed in heaven. In the midst of your suffering, may you reach for God’s hand and cling to the redemptive work of the Father.

bluidkiti 03-16-2014 09:09 AM

March 17

“St. Patrick's Breastplate”

I rise today with the power of God to pilot me,
God's strength to sustain me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look ahead for me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to protect me,
God's way before me,
God's shield to defend me,
God's host to deliver me,
from snares of devils,
from evil temptations,
from nature's failings,
from all who wish to harm me,
far or near,
alone and in a crowd.
Amen.

~ 8th century Irish prayer

Meditation

[God's shield defend me from evil temptations.]

Irish Blessing
Wisdom of years be yours
Joy of friendships be yours
Wealth of memories be yours
Fruit of endevor be yours
Hope of heaven be yours
Peace of God be yours.

Father, may I always listen for Your gentle whisper. Thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to take me by the hand and guide me into all the truth. He speaks only what He hears, and He will tell me what is yet to come. In all my ways I acknowledge You, and You shall direct my path. In the name of Jesus, I thank You for Your great love for me. Amen.

Loving Father, search me, and if there be any evil ways in me, correct them, and lead me into the ways everlasting. I pray that I may not be deformed from selfishness, but with a lowly and expectant heart run with patience and triumph the race that is set before me. Amen.

Christ be with me and within me. Christ be behind me and before me. Christ be beside me to comfort and restore me. Christ be below and above me in peace and in danger. Christ be within the hearts of all who love me. Christ be in the words of friend and stranger.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For Redemption”

Father, in Your compassion You crush our sins under Your feet and throw them in the depths of the ocean, to be remembered no more. And yet there are times when we have great difficulty letting go of past sins to the extent of dwelling on them and getting weighed down by guilt and self-condemnation. Help us to let go of that which You have forgiven. If we are to remember anything of our past, let it be that which brings glory to You as we share with others that which You have forgiven and delivered us from. May the contrast of our former lives not bring up condemnation which You have freed us from, but instead provide witness that there is nothing beyond Your merciful pardon. To God be the glory through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

bluidkiti 03-17-2014 12:19 PM

March 18

To Treat Others as I Would Be Treated

Lord, while I pray for peace and goodwill in our world, I ask you to help me to change my own attitude for the better, so that peace and goodwill may start with the way I behave towards those who have hurt me. Inspire me to be as generous to others as I would like them to be with me. Amen.

Finally, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, let me think about these things. What I have learned and received, let me do; and the God of peace be with us all. Amen.

Father, I thank you for strengthening those whose hearts are fully committed to you. You prove yourself mighty on their behalf. LORD, you have done great things for your people, and we are filled with joy! We are a happy people, replacing the lower life for the higher life of the Spirit. Thank you for the great things you have done and are doing for us in the name of Jesus, amen.

Almighty God, help me to live an upright life. Give me courage to abandon useless customs, and seeming duties that keep me from perfecting my life. Amen.

Supernatural Wisdom

1 Corinthians 2:11-16

Dear Father, giver of your Holy Spirit,

All praises to your blessed name, to you, our God! You have disclosed incredibly wonderful things to us through your Spirit, for your Spirit searches everything, even the deep things within you.

No one comprehends your thoughts except your Spirit, just as no other person truly knows my thoughts as my own spirit does.

But, all thanks to you, we have not received the spirit of the world but you have given us your very own Spirit, that we might understand the gifts bestowed on us by you.

In the name of Jesus I give you thanks for the supernatural wisdom you have bestowed on me by reason of my faith. Amen.

Dear Father, please help me understand that a little kindness costs nothing to give and it's far more valuable.

Dear Jesus,
At times I just have to slow down and rest in your presence to get some perspective on what I am to do in my life. I can easily get caught up in trivialities and miss what is truly important or fail to get enough rest and exercise to be able to face day to day challenges. Be my guide to make good choices in following your way of love and self-giving. Amen

bluidkiti 03-18-2014 12:23 PM

March 19

For Perseverance Today

If things get tough today, Lord — and in all hard times — let me stay motivated and calm. Let me look at how far I have come rather than how far I still have to go. Let me continue counting my blessings, not what I've been missing. May every day bring new chances to grow, new beautiful things to see, new plans to do, and new goals to pursue, as every new day is Your miracle day. Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Creator of all, I do know that if I may hold myself close enough, I can hear restful music through the breeze, and find secrets in the flowers and leaves. I rejoice that thou hast made the woods and rivers that thou dost love, so I too might possess them, and not be a tenant of them only. May I look and study deeper the things which bring me closer to thee. Amen.

Father, help us to see and love in others what you see and love in them. Amen.

Angel Blessing at Bedtime

Angels bless and angels keep
Angels guard me while I sleep
Bless my heart and bless my home
Bless my spirit as I roam
Guide and guard me through the night
and wake me with the morning's light.
Amen

bluidkiti 03-19-2014 10:33 AM

March 20

For a Positive Attitude Today

Lord, as I offer you all that is ordinary and everyday in my life, I ask you to give me the power of your Spirit that I may transform each day by living with a positive attitude, looking for the best in people and situations. Inspire me to live in your presence every day so that I may have a full share of the hope only your Spirit can bring; lead me do the ordinary things of life in an extraordinary way, to your glory. Amen.

Dear Lord, prayer is necessary if I am to know You, if I am to grow in understanding, isn't it? Prayer is repenting of my sins and seeking forgiveness. Prayer is praising You, not just petitioning You for favors. ... Prayer is seeking Your presence and Your guidance daily in my life. Prayer is trusting that You know best. It is seeking to know Your will for my life, and then being willing to be used by You. ... It is praying and interceding for those who are hurting or ill, or those who are confused and suffering from difficult situations. ... Prayer can make a difference, Lord; teach me how to pray.

In Your name I ask this.

Amen.

O LORD, your love endures forever, and you will perfect that which concerns me. Through the Word I am put together and shaped up for the tasks you have for me – I am thoroughly equipped for every good work. I am confident that you will complete this great work you have begun in me – you will bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. Amen.

Lord, I pray for gifts and talents that will help me and other people. As I pray for these gifts I know, too, that I will need to work hard at developing them - to become more patient, - to grow in wisdom, - and to be faithful in friendship. May I be as faithful to others as you are to me. Amen

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please give me the wisdom to understand that the only way to have a friend is by being a friend.

Dear Jesus, We know that our life journeys may have many twists and turns, some unexpected, others just part of living. Help us to bear painful surprises. When we stray from your way, may your mercy call us back. May we become welcome guides to others, all in your love. Amen

BW1 03-19-2014 01:43 PM

Dear God,
Help all the lonely people in the world to feel your presence. Let them feel your love and the love of all your people when they are alone. Amen

bluidkiti 03-20-2014 11:46 AM

March 21

Morning Praise

Blessed are you, Lord God: Blessed are you for ever. Holy is your name: Blessed are you for ever. Great is your mercy for your people. In the morning I cry out to you: Blessed are you for ever.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I praise you and give you glory: I bless you for calling me to be one of your holy people. Remain in my heart, and guide me in my love and service all of this day. Help me to shine your light before others and lead them to the way of faith. Holy Trinity of love, I praise you now and for ever. Amen.

Meditation

[Blessed is God forever.]

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and always. Amen.

Father, I yield myself to the control of the Holy Spirit that I may bear His fruit of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, good ness, faith, meekness and temperance. Help me remember to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. If I become angry I will not sin by nursing a grudge. With your help I will resolve my anger before sunset, and live at peace with all men as much as it is possible with me.

Genuine Spirituality

1 Corinthians 3:1-7

Dear Father, growth-giving God,

Help me to be a genuinely spiritual person in Christ. Let me grow beyond having to be fed like a baby on soft food and milk. May I strive for maturity so I will be able to digest solid food.

Keep me from being jealous and full of strife, from acting as mere human beings act - carnal!

Help me to understand the equality of all your servants, and not to put one above another, or to claim special discipleship to any!

Help me to see that it is not a question of who waters and who plants, for it is only you, God, who gives the increase.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Springtime”

Father, Your watchful eye brings great assurance to my heart as You, Almighty Father, are a God of perfect order, and Your immutable character does not change. Your perfect design of the universe and all of created life that sustains it is also testimony to Your unchanging faithfulness. We marvel in the wonder of each hour of the day and of the night, hill and meadow, tree and flower, sun and moon and stars of light. The redeemed join with all of nature in declaring Your wondrous beauty in all creation as we bring praise, honor and glory to You, our Faithful God. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me find confidence in myself. Help me understand that when I have confidence in myself others will have confidence in me.

bluidkiti 03-21-2014 12:13 PM

March 22

Prayer for the Morning

Father, as I face this new day, let me be aware of the work you have done for me as I slept. I praise you that your loving care never slumbers, but has been with me while I was least aware of it; and that you renew me and the whole world, fresh every day, preparing your plans for me.

I pray that I may seek your will this day, your plan for my life, and carry out your plan in my every action. I lay my hopes and fears on an altar before you, that your Holy Spirit may guide my hopes toward the light of your holiness, and may quiet my fears with the knowledge of your infinite peace, in total confidence that your grace will save me from the evils of this world. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[I lay my fears on the altar before Christ.]

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day; and whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Father, I desire to know you more intimately, for as I know you better, you will give me, through your great power, everything I need for living a truly good life. You even share your own glory and your own goodness with me! Lord Jesus, you have made me a king and priest – a royal house to serve as a priest unto God, my Father. I give you everlasting glory! You rule forever! You are an awesome God. Amen!

Gracious Father, I pray that thou wilt free me from evil thoughts before they become a habit. Create in me that freedom which makes me not ashamed to acknowledge the wrong, and which will enable me to stand for the right. Quicken my thoughts, that they may keep my heart inspired. Amen.

“A Prayer For Overcoming Bitterness”

Father, when burdens increase and answers don’t come I have a choice to let a bitter root grow up or to remain firmly rooted in You. Focusing solely on my troubles is sure to germinate doubt, fear and unbelief. But when I clothe myself in the spiritual armor You provide I have a powerful defense against the enemy; I can stand firm against his evil schemes. Though he plots evil You plan my eternal good. We are cautioned repeatedly in Scripture that we will have many troubles, but that we should take heart because You help us to overcome them. Father, though You’ve proven Yourself over and over I ask for grace to trust You even more. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come to you as your children. Grant that we may come to your Spirit, that something of trust and perseverance may be born in us for our life on earth. May we always be loyal and full of hope, working and striving not only for what is earthly, but for the tasks that have been laid on us for your kingdom and its righteousness. Let new light shine out among men again and again. Let many understand when your voice is speaking to them, so that they may gain courage. Let your voice be heard so that the great gospel that makes us your children may be proclaimed to people of all circles. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for being the hope I need, the peace I look for, and the answer I seek.

Lord our God, protect us in your Spirit. Strengthen our hearts especially when we often have to bear suffering, that we may be steadfast in hope and may again and again experience a day of salvation. Protect us in every way. Accept our praise and thanks, and let our hearts rejoice in what you have already done for us. We want to discern your ways more and more so that we may please you as your servants. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for all the good things You have done for me! Help me always to have a thankful and grateful heart, even when I do not see an immediate answer to my prayers. I know You will never leave me nor forsake me. Lord, give me a servant's heart so that I might always be willing to serve others. Lord, also help me to be humble enough to ask for help when I need it. Lord, may all of Your children have generous and giving hearts so that we might change the world for the better. Thank you for Your daily provision and use me to provide for others. Even if I do not have money to give to all that I would like to give to, I know that I can always give my prayers for them. I can always speak an encouraging word to those around me. Help me to give of the things that I do possess. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

bluidkiti 03-23-2014 10:10 AM

March 23

For a Heart Open to God's Word

God, as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always, Amen.

Meditation

[Open the ears of my heart.]

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

Blessing

The Lord bless us and keep us. The Lord make his face to shine upon us, and be gracious unto us. The Lord lift up his countenance upon us, and give us peace, this day and evermore. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to be aware of Your presence all about me -- in the beauties of nature, the smile of a child, the handclasp of a friend, the love of my family. ... Let me not take a "vacation" from this awareness. Your love surrounds me. Help me to come alive and reflect Your love, that others may see You in me.

In Your name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, quiet me if I am not calm, that my soul may be able to contemplate and have an opportunity to grow. Help me, that I may be able even in discouragements to have the true perception of life. Amen.

Lord, it is in this place and in this time that you want me to grow. You give me the time I need to live as you want me to live. Help me to use my time and opportunities wisely. Help me to value and treasure all the people you put into my life, and lead me to live in thankfulness. Amen.

The One Foundation

1 Corinthians 3:9-13

Dear Father, designer of destiny,

Thank you for your concern for us. We are the field that you tend, the building that you build. You build us as living stones upon the one foundation, Jesus Christ. No other foundation is provided. No other is adequate.

But Father, I am concerned. As I build on this foundation, and as I am built on it, may the quality of my life be such that it will survive the purifying fire of judgment. I don't want my life to be like wood, hay, or stubble. I want it to be like gold, silver and precious stones, so that when my work is tested by fire, it will be proven to be durable, wrought in you and not in my own vanity. Make all of us into what you want us to be, for such is our blessedness.

In the blessed name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

May We Appreciate and Remember

Today may we appreciate this food and remember those who are hungry.
May we appreciate our family and friends and remember those who are alone.
May we appreciate our health and remember those who are sick.
May we appreciate the freedoms we have and remember those who suffer injustice and tyranny.
Peace on earth.

bluidkiti 03-23-2014 10:18 AM

March 24

Escaping Doom

1 Corinthians 3:14-15

Dear Father, designer of destiny,

Even if I am not the best quality, you can save me myself - but I don't want to escape doom by a hairsbreadth. I want to fulfill all the potential you have placed within me and do all the good you have planned for me to do.

Help me, Father, through the example of the Lord Jesus to be everything that you want me to be, to do everything you want me do, and to live my life at the peak of quality. Make all of us into what you want us to be, for such is our blessedness.

Let me be a blessing to other people, that they may see your Son living in me and may give glory to you.

In the blessed name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

Prayer of Resolve

Blessed Jesus, my Savior and Master, model of all perfection, I resolve — and will try this day with my full heart — to imitate Your example, to be like You: mild, humble, chaste, zealous, charitable, and kind. I will redouble my efforts to see Your image in all those I meet and deal with this day — not only people I like — and to be as helpful to them as I would be to You. I resolve to avoid this day all those sins which I have committed heretofore and which I now sincerely desire to give up forever. Amen.
Meditation

[I resolve to be kind, like Christ.]

To Be Free of Anxiety

Lord Jesus, I have allowed myself to be filled with depression and negativity over what I see as my failures in life, where I have been disappointed in something I wanted from this world. I find myself hiding, full of anger and self-righteousness and self-pity, and have turned my eyes away from you.

Give me the hope I need and help me never to be afraid to begin again. You told your disciples to be anxious for nothing. I give to you my anxiety, Lord Christ, and lay my troubles upon your mighty back; and I pick up your burden, for you have promised that it is light, and that you are gentle and kind. Let me work for your glory and not my own, Lord Jesus, that the anxiety that comes from pride and vanity and fear of others might be gone from me, and I may serve you in joy and peace. Amen.

Walk with me, dear Lord, so that I may not be alone as I face this day, but always in your presence. Your joy is a lighthouse in a world often dark with sin, and I pray that I may reflect the light of your truth, to inspire others as I have been inspired. In the name of Christ, bless me this day, and all whom I may meet. Amen.

Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! I shout with joy for my King is coming! Jesus, you are the Righteous One, the Victor! Salvation now, GOD – a free and full life! I bless you out of the house of the LORD. I am the righteousness of God in Christ, and I will flourish like the palm tree, and grow tall like a Lebanon cedar along with my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!

Lord God, may I be diligent for the progress of little children. Show me how I may minister unto them; and grant that I may be able to see the necessity of giving, more than I do the pleasure of receiving. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful for Your constant provision. You have never failed me, Lord and I know that You never will. You are a faithful God, and I ask You to help me to trust You before my answer arrives. Lord, You are my source, and I know as I continue to look to You, I need never to worry about how You will provide. I just know that You will. Guard my mouth and remind me to speak what Your Word says about my situation. Deliver me from every vestige of fear, and fill me with Your Holy Spirit so that I will always walk in faith. Lord, I pray that all my brothers and sisters in the family of God will also be granted this favor. May we each fulfill Your will in our lives. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

bluidkiti 03-24-2014 12:56 PM

March 25

A Puritan Prayer

Almighty God, as I cross the threshold of this day I commit myself, soul, body, affairs, friends, to Your care. Watch over, keep, guide, direct, sanctify, bless me. Incline my heart to Your ways. Mold me completely into the image of Jesus, as a potter forms clay.

May my lips be a well-tuned harp to sound Your praise. Let those around see me living by Your Spirit, trampling the world underfoot, unconformed to lying vanities, transformed by a renewed mind, clothed in the entire armour of God, shining as a never-dimmed light, showing holiness in all my doings. Let no evil this day soil my thoughts, words, and hands.

May I travel swampy paths with a life pure from spot or stain. In every transaction let my affection be in heaven, and my love soar upwards in flames of fire, my gaze fixed on unseen things, my eyes open to the emptiness, fragility, mockery of earth and its vanities. May I view all things in the mirror of eternity, waiting for the coming of my Lord, listening for the last trumpet call, hastening unto the new heaven and earth.

Order this day all my communications according to Your wisdom, and to the gain of mutual good. Forbid that I should not be profited or made profitable. May I speak each word as if my last word, and walk each step as my final one. If my life should end today, let this be my best day. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord and Savior,
Amen.

From a Massachusetts manuscript @ 1705, author unknown.
Meditation

[Let those around see me living by Your Spirit.]

For Understanding Truth

Lord God, let me not put my trust in the words of men, for their minds are weak and their tongues are tainted by the world; but let me test everything having to do with faith against our only true teacher, Jesus Christ, and the true Word of God that He inspired the apostles to write in the Bible. Amen.

Parting Prayer

O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to your fold again. Deal favourably with me according to your good pleasure, until I may dwell in your house all the days of my life, and praise you forever and ever with them that are there. Amen. from a prayer of St. Jerome, 408 A.D.

Dear Lord, Help me not to look at the magnitude of my problems, but rather at the MAGNITUDE of my God. For You, oh Lord, are able. ... Satan will tempt me to see only my circumstances in order to defeat me; he will mock Your words to enlarge my doubts. ... But my victory will depend upon my keeping my eyes on Your greatness and Your ability, for You are indeed able! ... Satan cannot win unless I choose to go over to his side, for the choice is mine, isn't it? ... Oh Lord, when I cannot see the way ahead, remind me that my faith is in You, and that You know the way. You will be with me as I take one step at a time, for Your will will never take me beyond where Your amazing grace can sustain me! ... Help me, Lord, to trust You completely, for I am often weak and fearful.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, grant that I may never succumb to the controlling influences of the body, and lose the power of my mind. May I guard the dictates of my heart and keep my mind in command to obey thy will. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful for Your love and mercy in my life. I thank You that You were patient with me when I failed and lost my temper in times past. I am grateful that I have now been delivered from resentment and an unrestrained temper. May I be gracious to those who are still having problems in this area. Lord, deliver all of Your people from lying and anger so that we can truly love one another. Give us Your love for one another, so that the world will see us walking hand in hand. May they know and believe that You are real. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, merciful God and almighty Father in heaven, we beseech you, look upon us as your children. For in spite of everything, all of us are allowed to be your children and to praise you for all the good you are doing and for all you still want to do for us. Hear our prayer as we come to you with particular concerns, asking for your will to be done in us, for everything to be carried out according to your good purpose, that we may be joyful even in hard and serious times and may hold fast to what you have promised. Amen.

“A Prayer For God’s Protection”

Father, like a nurturing eagle, You cover us with Your feathers so that we find refuge under Your protective wings. As we live in daily communion with You we are protected from the snare of the enemy. Therefore we need not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. Because we have made the Lord Most High our dwelling You have commanded the angels to guard us in all our ways. You will be with us in trouble, You will deliver us and honor us. What greater blessing could we want than to know we are under Your protective, loving care. Thank You, Father, for being all that we need here and now, and providing for our hereafter. Amen.

bluidkiti 03-25-2014 07:25 AM

March 26

Prayer to Have Inner Peace in the Coming Day

Heavenly God, may I have peace within, this day;
May I trust God that I am exactly where I am meant to be.
May I not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May I use those gifts that I have received, and pass on the love that has been given to me.
May I be confident knowing I am a child of God.
Let this presence settle into my bones, and allow my soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. This I pray in Christ's name, Amen.

(~ St. Therese of Lisieux)
Meditation

[Trusting God that we I am where I am meant to be.]

Prayer for Renewal

Lord, I am one of your people, the sheep of your flock. I pray for you to heal those who are wounded; touch those who are in pain; clean those who are soiled; warm those who are cold; help me to know the Father's love through Jesus the shepherd, and through the Spirit.

Help me to lift up that love, and show it all over this land. Help me to build love on justice and justice on love. Help me to believe mightily, hope joyfully, and love divinely. Renew me that I may help renew the face of the earth. Amen.

God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, and Spirit of God amidst us, direct our way unto you. Make us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Father, thank you for sending your word to heal me and deliver me from all my destructions. Jesus, you are the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us. You bore my griefs (pains) and carried my sorrows (sickness). You were pierced through for my transgressions, crushed for my iniquities, the chastening for my well-being fell upon you, and by your scourging I am healed. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that my prayer-line to You is a two-way one. It is not just for me to call You in a crisis situation, it is also for You to call me! ... How can I know Your will for me if I am never "at home," quiet enough, to receive Your calls? ... Am I so preoccupied with my worldly cares that I don't hear and recognize Your voice? Do I not take time to be still and to wait upon You, Lord? ... Remind me that You don't just call on Sundays when the rates are less; You want to be able to reach me any time and any place, when You might need me, or when You know that I need You. ... My life could be so much richer and fuller, so much more Christian and worthwhile if I talked with You every day! ... Help me to see this, Lord. It's my call, isn't it?

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your love and goodness to me. You have been very patient and merciful to me. Lord, I need that same love and mercy towards others. Father, I ask You to remove all deceit from my heart and cleanse me so that I might have a pure heart before You. Lord, deliver our nation of deceit and lying. Help us all to keep our word, when we give it to someone. Restore truth to our land. We desire truth to abide in our homes and our businesses. Lord, I also ask that You give me faith and an overcoming spirit so that I will not walk in fear. Help me to trust You, even when my circumstances cause me doubt at times. Deliver me from doubt and unbelief in every area of my life. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti 03-26-2014 11:02 AM

March 27

Prayer for the Morning

Blessed are you, O Lord my God, King of the universe, who removes sleep from my eyes, that I may see the returning light of the your day. I thank you for all that you have done while I was asleep, watching over me and all your children while we slept unaware, and I pray that my thoughts and acts this day may show forth my love and thanks for you and all you have done for me.

Help me through your Holy Spirit, that I may remember what you have taught me in the Bible and it may show forth in my every deed. Let me not wander into the hands of sin, nor into the hands of pride or perversity, nor into the hands of temptation, nor into the hands of shame, but steer my inclinations towards goodness and charity this morning and all the day. In the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

Meditation

[Let me remember what You have taught me.]

Now unto him that is able to keep me from falling, and to present me faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to realize that when I accept Your forgiveness for my sins, even though I need no longer to be haunted by guilt, this does not eliminate the results of my sins. I may have to deal with the results for a long time -- perhaps forever. ... Cause me to stop and think before I carelessly or purposely depart from Your ways. ... Draw me closer, Lord, and protect me from myself.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

We know, Lord, that there are many radio waves traveling through this room at the moment, but we need a radio to be able to tune in to the different frequencies. Isn’t it a bit like that with prayer, Lord, “tuning in” to your presence with us? We remember that you said that you would be with us, so we do know in our minds that you are present. But there’s a difference between knowing that you’re present and growing in the faith that you are beside us. We ask for the power of your Spirit in our lives each day, so that we may live more fully in your presence. Only then will our attitude and words and actions better reflect yours. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I come to You with a thankful heart for all the things You have done for me. I really cannot thank You enough. I do want to continue to be one of Your faithful servants. I must rely on You to fill me with Your love and strength every day in order to be obedient and serve You. Help me to be able to share Your love with all those who You allow me to be a witness to. Lord, help me to overcome the sin and weaknesses that hinder Your work in my life. I do ask for the grace to die to my ways and live unto Yours. Help me to be diligent in all the things that You have commissioned me to do. May I reflect Your glory and love to all who know me. I ask this in Your name, Amen.

Lord our God, from whom great promises are given for all mankind and especially for your people, we gather in your presence. We rejoice before you, for your promise is sure and your works will be revealed to the glory of your name. Grant us steadfast faith in the grace of Jesus Christ. Grant us faith to hold firm, and in spite of all evil to trust that you are ruling and will set everything right. Lord our God, our Father, we cry to you. As the deer pants for refreshing water, so in our time our souls cry out to you, "Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored. May your kingdom come. May your will be done on earth as in heaven." Amen.

A Collect for Peace

O God, who art the author of peace and lover of concord, in knowledge of whom standeth our eternal life, whose service is perfect freedom: Defend us, thy humble servants, in all assaults of our enemies; that we, surely trusting in thy defense, may not fear the power of any adversaries; through the might of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Source: Book of Common Prayer 1979

Workplace Prayer

My Heavenly father, as I enter this workplace I bring your presence with me. I speak your peace, your grace, your mercy, and your perfect order in this office. I acknowledge your power over all that will be spoken, thought, decided, and done within these walls.

Lord, I thank you for the gifts you have blessed me with. I commit to using them responsibly in your honor. Give me a fresh supply of strength to do my job. Anoint my projects, ideas, and energy so that even my smallest accomplishment may bring you glory.

Lord, when I am confused guide me. When I am burned out infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit. May the work that I do and the way I do it bring faith, joy, and a smile to all that I come in contact with today.

bluidkiti 03-27-2014 10:33 AM

March 28

Lord of All Hopefulness

Lord of all hopefulness, Lord of all joy, whose trust, ever child-like, no cares can destroy, be there at my waking, and give me, I pray, your bliss in my heart, Lord, at the break of the day.

Lord of all eagerness, Lord of all faith, whose strong hands were skilled at the plane and the lathe, be there at my labors, and give me, I pray, your strength in my heart, Lord, at the noon of the day.

Lord of all kindliness, Lord of all grace, your hands swift to welcome, your arms to embrace, be there at my homing, and give me, I pray, your love in my heart, Lord, at the eve of the day.

Lord of all gentleness, Lord of all calm, whose voice is contentment, whose presence is balm, be there at my sleeping, and give me, I pray, your peace in my heart, Lord, at the end of the day. Amen.

~ Jan Struther, 1931
Meditation

[God give me the strength do to the work you set out for me.]

Prayer for Grace and Strength

Lord God, I pray that you will fill my heart with the blessing of your Holy Spirit. Grant me this day the strength to be temperate in all things, diligent in my duties, and patient under my afflictions. Direct me in all my ways. Give me grace to be just and upright in all my dealings; quiet and peaceable; full of compassion; and ready to do good to all people, according to my abilities and opportunities. For the sake of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Dear Lord, today may be the most important day of my life because the seeds I sow today will determine what I harvest tomorrow. ... If I sow seeds of doubt and cultivate these by sampling the occult, or if I "buy into" the line that I am responsible to no one, free to live my life according to my own gospel and agenda, then I will have no one to blame but myself if my life ends in a quagmire. ... But if I sow seeds of taking time to study Your Word, seeking the Holy Spirit's guidance to understand Your truths, and accepting Your authority, Your love and Your forgiveness, then I will find that I am free indeed, and that Your strength and comfort will be sufficient for my needs. ... Open my eyes and my heart to want all that You have for me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord Jesus, I give you my hands - to do your work. I give you my feet - to go your way. I give you my eyes - to see as you do. I give you my tongue - to speak your words. I give you my mind - that you may think in me. I give you my spirit - that you may pray in me. Above all, I give you my heart that you may love, in me, your Father and all mankind. I give you my whole self that you may grow in me, so that it is you, Lord Jesus, who live and work and pray in me. Amen.

The Proper Time for Judgment

1 Corinthians 4:5

Dear Father, who drives away all the darkness,

Keep me from passing judgment before the proper time, before the Lord comes, for he will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of every person's heart, including mine. And so everyone will receive appropriate commendation from you.

Let me be concerned about "this day" and "that day." Let me do my best to serve you "this day" - today, that I may stand before you on "that day" - your day of reckoning!

It is by Jesus' authority and in his name that I offer up this prayer. Amen.
Grail Prayer

Dear heavenly Father, I do appreciate You, and I want my life to glorify You. Fill me today with Your Holy Spirit so that I might bring encouraging words to others. Father, I have been down at times in my life and I am so grateful for my brothers and sisters in the Lord who came to me with faith and encouragement. They lifted me up, and today I want to lift them up. You know each of them and exactly what they are going through at this time. Bless them and encourage them and meet their needs even as You used them to meet my needs in the trying times of my life. May we all be good witnesses for You and never lose our saltiness. Lord, shine on us that we may reflect Your glory. I ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti 03-28-2014 09:36 AM

March 29

Prayer for the Morning

I bless you for the day you have made, Mighty Lord God, and pray that I may spend this day rejoicing in your creation. I pray for your Holy Spirit to fill me with the joy of my salvation, so that your light may shine through me into the world, that your honor and glory may be known to all people.

Remind me of your blessings, I pray, with every tribulation I may face, so that I may act with energy, forgiveness and love, ever mindful of the grace You have shown to me. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[Remembering God's blessings can help us with tribulations.]

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.

Dear Lord, it takes two to do anything in life -- two to quarrel, two to forgive; two to make a marriage, two to break a marriage; two to enjoy friendship; two to share the beauty of a sunset. ... It also takes You and me, Lord, to make any sense out of life. Help me to want to center my life on You, that I may reflect You in all that I do, so that our world, Yours and mine, will be brighter; and because we met, another's world can be brighter too.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, help me to remember that I may not only be forgiven for my transgression, but with thy help I may be led away from the wrong. May I be content to follow where thou dost lead. Amen.

God our Father, your love for our world and for each of us individually is so great that you sent Jesus, your Son, to live fully as one of us. May he lead us to live in peace and work well with each other to build your kingdom in our world which you love so much. May your Spirit unite us and lead us to appreciate and value all who are different from ourselves. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your creation of animals. You made so many magnificent creatures. Your diversity is astounding. Some are such a delight to watch. We can learn from so many of them. Your domesticated animals are such a joy to us, while the wild ones challenge us to observe their ways and learn about them. Thank you that You made them for man's enjoyment and use. Since many of them are directly dependant upon us, help us to be good stewards over them. Lord, protect the endangered beasts of the earth who are hunted by poachers for the wrong reasons. Lord, may our prayers create a spiritual ark for the preservation of your animals, especially the ones that are near extinction. Give us Your heart for the animals You created. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.