Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - January (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29603)

bluidkiti 01-15-2023 06:59 AM

January 15

I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. Psalm 34:1

2 Corinthians 4:16 – Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Ezekiel 36:26a – And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you.

Jesus promised, "If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19 NIV)

Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

2 Peter 3:9 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

bluidkiti 01-16-2023 07:33 AM

January 16

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. Romans 15:4

Ephesians 6:14-17 "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God."

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 – All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Philippians 4:13 – I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Psalm 100:5 – For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. — Romans 12:9

Philippians 3:13-14 NIV One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10 10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

bluidkiti 01-17-2023 06:03 AM

January 17

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

Philippians 2:14-16 “Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.”

bluidkiti 01-18-2023 07:36 AM

January 18

This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. —Psalm 118:24

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. - Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

The LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in You. -- Psalm 84:11,12

Isaiah 40:8 – The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.

1 Corinthians 10:13 – No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

bluidkiti 01-19-2023 06:50 AM

January 19

Isaiah 26:4 – Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal

Jeremiah 29:11 – "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 56:4 – In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

Romans 12:3-5 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”

bluidkiti 01-20-2023 06:21 AM

January 20

I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. Psalm 62:1

For everything there is a season…..a time to be quiet and a time to speak. Ecclesiastes 3:1-7

God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

Stay away from a foolish man,for you will not find knowledge on his lips. — Proverbs 14:7

Habakkuk 3:19 19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.

"Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!" (Psalm 141:3)

Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

bluidkiti 01-21-2023 07:26 AM

January 21

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. Matthew 16:25

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. — John 3:16

The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. — John 1:14

This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. — 1 John 4:9

Matthew 5:16 – In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

bluidkiti 01-22-2023 01:00 AM

January 22

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16

Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Proverbs 16:9 – The human mind plans the way, but the Lord directs the steps.

Proverbs 18:10 10 The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Galatians 6:7-8 “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”

bluidkiti 01-23-2023 07:16 AM

January 23

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female. For you are all Christians — you are one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28

Ephesians 4:26 – Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger.

Proverbs 29:11 – A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Ephesians 4:31-32 – Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Ephesians 3:12 – Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence.

Psalm 29:11 11 The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

Matthew 7:7-8 “[Ask, Seek, Knock] “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.”

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14

bluidkiti 01-24-2023 05:53 AM

January 24

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:4-5

"In all things God works for the good of those who love Him" (Romans 8:28).

Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone. Colossians 4:6

“Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy-burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

Psalm 1:1-3 NIV Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

Philippians 4:13 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”

bluidkiti 01-25-2023 06:16 AM

January 25

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2

“We will hold to the truth in love, becoming more and more in every way like Christ” (Ephesians 4:15).

For you bless the righteous, O Lord, you cover him with favor as with a shield. Psalms 5:12

1 John 4:18a – There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.

He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored. — Proverbs 13:18

Romans 12:2 NIV Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Galatians 6:1 “[Doing Good to All] Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.”

bluidkiti 01-26-2023 05:23 AM

January 26

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation." 2 Corinthians 5:17-19

1 Thessalonians 5:15 NIV Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”

bluidkiti 01-27-2023 06:35 AM

January 27

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

2 Corinthians 4:16b – Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Psalm 46:10a – Be still, and know that I am God.

After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly. —Acts 4:31

He who despises his neighbor sins, but blessed is he who is kind to the needy. — Proverbs 14:21

Psalm 34:8 8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”

Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20

bluidkiti 01-28-2023 05:08 AM

January 28

“If we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong” (1 John 1:9).

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

2 Corinthians 4:7 – But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

“Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.” - Hebrews 12:1-2

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. — Proverbs 11:25

bluidkiti 01-29-2023 06:59 AM

January 29

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Romans 12:9

Matthew 7:1-2 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Ephesians 3:16 – I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being.

Matthew 6:34 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor. — Proverbs 22:9

John 12:44-46 44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.