Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - April (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8699)

bluidkiti 04-11-2016 09:32 AM

April 11

Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. - Colossians 3:16

Today’s Scripture: Titus 1:2-3 (NLT): This truth gives them the confidence of eternal life, which God promised them before the world began-and he cannot lie. And now at the right time he has revealed this Good News, and we announce it to everyone. It is by the command of God our Savior that I have been trusted to do this work for him.

Today’s Thought: We are called to be the Light of this dark world. We need to share Christ with those that are lost and hurting. People may not admit it, but they are watching. How are you going to be a light today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me share the Good News to someone today. Let them be ready to receive You. Give me the word to say. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. —1 Peter 4:11

1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

1 Peter 5:5-10 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24

Hebrews 2:11 (NIV) - Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

bluidkiti 04-12-2016 07:48 AM

April 12

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Romans 12:19-21 — Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12

Luke 9:23-24 - 23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. Psalm 34:14

Philippians 3:14-15 (NIV) - I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.

dwmoeller 04-12-2016 08:25 AM

He (Jesus) poured water into a basin and began to wash His disciples feet. - John 13:5

Prayer: Wash the dirt from my life, dear Lord. Make me clean again. Amen.

bluidkiti 04-13-2016 11:02 AM

April 13

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! - Galatians 5:22-23

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. —Philippians 4:13

Romans 3:23-24 - 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. Joel 2:13

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. Psalms 27:4

1 Peter 1:3 - 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

dwmoeller 04-14-2016 09:18 AM

Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways. - Psalms 25:7

Thought: God forgives and forgets!

bluidkiti 04-14-2016 10:27 AM

April 14

Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. - Isaiah 40:28

Proverbs 16:9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

Psalms 18:1-2 (NLT): I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.

Today’s Thought: Trust is a big factor in our relationship with God. We must realize that no matter how hard life gets – God is in control! Trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to trust You with everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Revelation 1:8 — "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. 1 John 3:2-3

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God." 1 John 4:15

Acts 2:32-33 - 32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

bluidkiti 04-15-2016 10:26 AM

April 15

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them. - John 14:21

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 15:1 (NLT): A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger.

Today’s Thought: Our words can set the course of an entire day. We can either tear down or build up. Let’s choose to build up today!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that all my conversations be pleasing to You today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. Psalm 23:1-2

With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments." Psalms 119:10

bluidkiti 04-16-2016 07:42 AM

April 16

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:3 (NLT): Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed.

Today’s Thought: When we put our lives fully in God’s hands, He will make sure you succeed. Success in God’s eyes are totally different then man’s view of success.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I put my life fully in Your hands. I ask that You use me however You want. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Psalm 139:1-4 — You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.

When no one else seems to understand you, simply draw closer to Christ. Rejoice in the One who understands you completely and loves you perfectly. As he fills you with his love, you become a reservoir of love, overflowing into the lives of other people.

Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.

bluidkiti 04-17-2016 09:52 AM

April 17

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:20 (NLT): Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be happy.

Today’s Thought: Trusting in the Lord is important to our walk. He has our best interest in mind and He also sees the entire picture. If He is telling you to do something that does not make sense to you, do it anyway. He has a plan!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to fully trust You in every area of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

1 Chronicles 16:11-12 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

bluidkiti 04-18-2016 07:41 AM

April 18

Proverbs 5:1-2 (NIV) ...listen well to My words of insight, that you may maintain discretion...

Thought: It's easy to drift. Stay disciplined. Every decision you make matters.

Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands. - Deuteronomy 7:9

Romans 10:9-10 - 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22

Romans 15:5-6 (NIV) - May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Colossians 2:6-7 - 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

bluidkiti 04-19-2016 06:41 AM

April 19

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

Psalm 145:7 (NIV) They will celebrate Your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of Your righteousness.

Thought: Tell God how grateful you are.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:1 (NLT): A dry crust eaten in peace is better than a great feast with strife.

Today’s Thought: Peace is often considered a luxury in today’s world. However, as Christians, we are called to be peacemakers. In fact, there is a great blessing attached to being a peacemaker. Are you a peacemaker?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me become a peacemaker today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

1 Peter 4:8 NIV Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37

My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. Psalms 121:2

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

dwmoeller 04-19-2016 09:49 AM

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. - John 3:17

Thought: Salvation comes only through Jesus. There is no other way.

bluidkiti 04-20-2016 10:40 AM

April 20

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation. - 1 Peter 1:3

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:17 (NLT): A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

Today’s Thought: As Christians, we are all considered “brothers & sisters.” We should help each other..as often as we can. When is the last time you helped someone in their time of need?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me find ways to help other people. In fact, show me non Christians who need help so I can lead them to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Proverbs 17:27-28 — The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint,
and whoever has understanding is even-tempered.
Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent,
and discerning if they hold their tongues.

This proverb highlights several benefits of keeping quiet:
- it is the best policy if you have nothing worthwhile to say
- it allows you the opportunity to listen and learn
- it gives you something in common with those who are wiser

Make sure to pause to think and to listen so that when you do speak, you will have something important to say.

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. —Philippians 4:20

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

dwmoeller 04-20-2016 11:37 AM

Then He opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. - Luke 24:45

Thought: Open the eyes of my heart, Lord. I want to know You!

bluidkiti 04-21-2016 08:57 AM

April 21

Psalm 145:14 (NIV) The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

Thought: Tap into God's presence and power. Pray.

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. - Psalm 91:1

Micah 7:18 — Who is a God like you,
who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
but delight to show mercy.

God delights to show mercy! He does not forgive grudgingly, but is glad when we repent and offers forgiveness to all who come back to Him. Today you can confess your sins and receive His loving forgiveness. Don't be too proud to accept God's free offer.

And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother. —1 John 4:21

John 10:28-30 - 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Psalm 42:11 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2