Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4384)

BW1 08-16-2014 12:38 PM

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it." ~Isaiah 30:21 NIV

When you travel with God, don't worry. You won't get lost. God knows the way.

When you feel lost, don't worry. God knows where you are.

bluidkiti 08-17-2014 09:06 AM

August 17

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends. 2 Corinthians 10:17-18

The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. Psalm 103:13

Philippians 2:3-4 - 3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8

BW1 08-17-2014 04:16 PM

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." He said further, "Thus you shall say to the Israelites, 'I am sent me to you." ~NRSV

No matter what name you use, God is your God. Call on Him. He is on call for you.
[Quiet Moments in the Presence of God, pg 156]

bluidkiti 08-18-2014 12:10 PM

August 18

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8

James 1:17 - 17 Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. Psalm 13:5

BW1 08-18-2014 12:27 PM

I pray that out of God's glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being. ~ Ephesians 3:16 NIV

What is before or beyond you fades when approached by what is within you.

bluidkiti 08-19-2014 09:33 AM

August 19

Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. Psalm 13:5

Psalm 40:5 - 5 O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.

Colossians 3:15 — Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful. Proverbs 16:20

dwmoeller 08-19-2014 10:21 AM

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. - 1 Corinthians 10:24

Thought: Make someone else's life a little happier today.

BW1 08-19-2014 11:12 AM

If you are standing before the altar in the Temple, offering a sacrifice to God and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you leave your sacrifice there beside the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. ~ Matthew 5:23-24 NLT

God uses your close times with him to equip you for service in the world. Prayer sensitizes you and helps you recognize where you are needed. It opens doors in your mind and heart and will lead you to others.

Prayer enlarges your heart makes it big enough to hold those who need you most. [[QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD pg 184]

bluidkiti 08-20-2014 10:09 AM

August 20

I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful. Proverbs 16:20

2 Corinthians 12:10 - 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Philippians 4:8 — Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.

What we put into our minds determines our words and our actions. God's Word tells us to program our minds with thoughts that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. Examine what you are putting into your mind through television, the Internet, books, conversations, movies, and magazines. Replace harmful input with wholesome material. Above all, read God's Word and pray. Ask God to help you focus your mind on what is good and pure. It takes practice, but it can be done.

O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

Proverbs 3:1-6 — My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Let Scripture be your guide on life's journey. God promises to give you productive days and fruitful years if you follow his path. He'll direct each step of your way, and his peace will sustain you, even during the difficult times.

BW1 08-20-2014 12:29 PM

True religion with contentment is great wealth. ~ 1 Timothy 6:6

"Like so many words, we've lost the meaning of contentment. We've somehow come up with the notion that contentment is the opposite of success. We believe contentment is attainable only if we stop striving, and who wants to do that? We're afraid that if we stand still for a moment, the world is going to pass us by, so we make up our minds that we'll be contented someday, perhaps when we retire.

"...being content doesn't mean being lazy. Discontentment affects the rich and poor alike.

"If your ambitions come from a desire to serve God, to help others, and to improve yourself so you will have a greater impact in your world, then the fulfillment of your ambitions will bring you much happiness and contentment"

~GOD IS IN THE SMALL STUFF AND IT ALL MATTERS by Bruce & Stan, pg 113-115

dwmoeller 08-20-2014 07:37 PM

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time; 1 Peter 5:6

bluidkiti 08-21-2014 11:24 AM

August 21

By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

Ecclesiastes 7:14 - 14 Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realize that both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life.

Matthew 6:9-10 — This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God. Psalm 146:5

bluidkiti 08-21-2014 11:25 AM

August 22

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32

But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God. Psalm 146:5

Isaiah 40:31 - 31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Colossians 1:21-23 — Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation — if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for You. Psalm 9:10

Mark 10:45 — "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

BW1 08-21-2014 04:52 PM

We were filled with laughter and we sang with joy. ~Psalm 126:2 NLT

Laughter is the secret to a long and enjoyable life. People don't stop laughing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop laughing.

**Our five senses are incomplete without the sixth--a sense of humor.

GOD IS IN THE SMALL STUFF...AND IT ALL MATTERS By Bruce & Stan; pg 184, 187

dwmoeller 08-22-2014 08:13 AM

Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law does he meditate day and night. Psalm 1:1-2