Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pause For Thought (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337)

MajestyJo 05-09-2014 02:57 AM

MajestyJo 05-10-2014 12:59 AM

MajestyJo 05-11-2014 03:17 AM

http://angelwinks.net/images/iq/qcchimp447.jpg

A good woman is proud of herself. She respects herself and others.
She is aware of who she is. She neither seeks definition from the person she is with, nor does she expect them to read her mind. She is quite capable of articulating her needs.

A good woman is hopeful. She is strong enough to make all her dreams come true. She knows love, therefore she gives love. She recognizes that her love has great value and must be reciprocated. If her love is taken for granted, it soon disappears.

A good woman has a dash of inspiration, a dabble of endurance. She knows that she will, at times, have to inspire others to reach the potential God gave them.

A good woman knows her past, understands her present and moves toward the future.

A good woman knows God. She knows that with God the world is her playground, but without God she will just be played.

A good woman does not live in fear of the future because of her past.

Instead, she understands that her life experiences are merely lessons, meant to bring her closer to self knowledge and unconditional self love.

Girl--

Smile.....YOU KNOW YOU HAVE IT GOING ON! So Keep ON Keeping On.

MajestyJo 05-14-2014 10:34 AM

http://angelwinks.net/images/iq/qcillusionB.jpg

Sorry I missed yesterday's post. There were not enough hours in the day.

MajestyJo 05-16-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

What is spirituality? What do I need to feed my soul and kindle my spirit?

For me it is about being whole and connected to the God of my understanding. Food for the soul can be anything from a daily reading, to a smile or a kind word from a stranger, a hug, a sunny day such as I am seeing out my window with sailboats gliding over Hamilton Bay (you can't see the polution, all you can see is the pretty picture), word from a friend I haven't heard from in a long time or just a phone call from a loved one. Picking up the phone because someone comes to mind. Giving a smile or a hug to someone who crosses your path. The other morning, while waiting for the bus to go to the meeting, I was sitting on my walker, and a gentleman who I didn't know, walked by me and said hello. Didn't break stride, just kept walking but acknowledged me as a person.

For me it is also getting out my candles and meditating, using my crystals and using them for meditation and prayer and asking for the healing and comfort I need in the moment. Giving what was so freely given to me back to others. It doesn't always come from the same source, and it doesn't always go back from where it was received. Yet when I acknowledge it, open up to receive it, accept it, gives thanks for it, it is mine to pass on to someone else.

From my old site Freedom Angels
.. there is no cure except to keep so close to the thought of God that nothing, no other interest, can seriously come between you and God. Sure of that, you can stay on God's side.

24 Hours A Day

What an empowering thought. This is part of todays' reading. My spiritual advisor use to say that anything that came between me and who God would have me be, becomes the God of my life. I need to stay close to Him and not let the outside things take over my obsessive, compulsive mind.

MajestyJo 05-17-2014 05:47 AM

Quote:

http://angelwinks.net/images/iq/qcdognkitten2.jpg

I'm so glad
I have you
to share with
to laugh with,
to dream with...
I'm so glad
you're the special
kind of person
that you are...
tender, caring
and understanding.
I'm so glad-
You came into my life!

Some may think these are kind of mushy, but when I look at them, they also describe the love I have for my God.

MajestyJo 05-18-2014 04:12 PM

The Power of Attitude

For all of us, there are turning points in our lives. One of mine was the first time I heard The Strangest Secret in 1964. I was a freshman in college. It was then, and still is, the most powerful and thought-provoking message I've ever heard.

The Strangest Secret was a recording by Earl Nightingale, and in a nutshell, the secret was...

"You become what you think about. Negative thoughts reap negative results. If you think positive thoughts, you will get positive results."

All Mac Anderson books are $10 each today: Shop now!
Not exactly rocket science, but this 15-minute recording on the power of goals and attitudes changed my life forever.

Therefore, a few years ago, when given the opportunity to write a book, I chose the topic that I knew best, and simply called it...The Power of Attitude. Having been the founder of Successories (started in 1988), I understood the power of beautiful photographs when combined with inspirational quotes. Therefore, I wanted the book to have photos and quotes, but also wanted to share personal stories to reinforce what has worked for me in maintaining a positive approach to life.

I'm pleased to say the book has been successful beyond my wildest dreams selling almost 500,000 copies. Today, I'd like to share the introduction. Enjoy!

An excerpt from:

The Power of Attitude
by Mac Anderson

In many ways, we're alike; however, one little difference almost always makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude.

William James, over a century ago, said, "The greatest discovery of this generation is that a human being can alter their life by altering their attitude." I believe this with all my heart, and over the years have seen it happen countless times. What most people fail to realize is that your attitude not only impacts your happiness and your success, it also can impact the happiness and success of all the people around you...your family, your friends, and your peers at work. Attitudes truly are contagious, and from time to time we need to ask ourselves..."is mine worth catching?"

There is no way to overstate the importance of a positive attitude in your life. However, no one can underestimate the difficulty in maintaining it. It's not easy, and it's a very personal thing, but it can be done.

The Power of Attitude was written with that in mind. I only can share with you what works for me in developing and maintaining a positive approach to life. My goal is that some of the ideas and stories I'll share will inspire you to live the life of your dreams and to make a positive difference in the lives of others.

It's my hope that this book will be a useful tool in helping you:

• Manage your energy levels
• Keep your soul alive
• Take new paths
• Reduce stress
• Develop the "Human Touch"
• Attack your fears
• Live in awe
• Savor small successes
• Burn brightly without burning out
• Hang on when the storms blow through

Most importantly, I'd ask you to keep this book handy, so whenever you feel a little down, pick it up and read a few pages. I guarantee it will make you feel better for the journey ahead.

From Simple Truths

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...AZ9ImwNGVyCrIn

MajestyJo 05-19-2014 07:03 PM

http://angelwinks.net/images/iq/qcbluebirdsnbath1.jpg

Bob and the Lord stood by to observe a baseball game. The Lord's team was playing Satan's team. The Lord's team was at bat, the score was tied zero to zero, and it was the bottom of the 9th inning with two outs.

They continued to watch as a batter stepped up to the plate whose name was Love. Love swung at the first pitch and hit a single, because Love never fails.

The next batter was named Faith, who also got a single because Faith works with Love. The next batter up was named Godly Wisdom. Satan wound up and threw the first pitch. Godly Wisdom looked it over and let it pass: Ball one.

Three more pitches and Godly Wisdom walked, because Godly Wisdom never swings at what Satan throws. The bases were now loaded. The Lord then turned to Bob and told him He was now going to bring in His star player. Up to the plate stepped Grace. Bob said, "He sure doesn't look like much!"

Satan's whole team relaxed when they saw Grace. Thinking he had won the game, Satan wound up and fired his first pitch. To the shock of everyone, Grace hit the ball harder than anyone had ever seen. But Satan was not worried; his center fielder let very few get by. He went up for the ball, but it went right through his glove, hit him on the head and sent him crashing on the ground; then it continued over the fence for a home run!

The Lord's team won! The Lord then asked Bob if he knew why Love, Faith, and Godly Wisdom could get on base but could not win the game. Bob answered that he did not know why.

The Lord explained, "If your love, faith, and wisdom had won the game you would think you had done it by yourself. Love, Faith and Wisdom will get you on base but only My Grace can get you Home.

Psalm 84:11, "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly."

This post was received from a group called Crystal Folk.

I thank them for giving us permission to use their material. They believe something good is to be shared and passed on to others. We thank them for their caring and sharing.

MajestyJo 05-21-2014 10:26 PM

Something I posted on another site in 2004:

In April, Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah (on her show) for Dr.Angelou's 74th birthday. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older. And, there on television, she said it was "exciting." Regarding body changes, she said there were many, occurring every day... like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which will reach her waist first, she said. The audience laughed so hard they cried. Dr. Angelou also said:

"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life.

"I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Please send this to five phenomenal women today. If you do, something good will happen: You will boost another woman's self-esteem.

If you don't...the elastic will break and your panties will fall down around your ankles.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-...isure/0044.gif

MajestyJo 05-23-2014 02:28 AM

Someone has written these beautiful words. Try to understand the deep meanings in them.

They are "like" the Ten Commandments meant to be followed in life all the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1] Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble; it is a "steering wheel" that directs us in the right path throughout life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2] Do you know why a car's WINDSHIELD is so large and the rear view mirror is so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So, look ahead and move on.

3] Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.

4] All things in life are temporary. If going well enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don't worry, they can't last long either.

5] Old friends are like Gold! New friends are Diamonds! If you get a Diamond, don't forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a base of Gold!

6] Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, "Relax, sweetheart, it's just a bend, not the end!

7] When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn't solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.

8] A blind person asked St. Anthony: "Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?" He replied: "Yes, losing your vision."

9] When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them; and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.

10] WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES; it takes away today's PEACE.

MajestyJo 05-27-2014 03:38 AM

http://angelwinks.net/images/iq/qcmauveroses2.jpg

When others look at you, do they see God working through you. What kind of picture do people see. What is your body language saying? Do your words reveal that you are recovery and are no longer the person you use to be.

After a weekend at a Bible Conference, when the topic was forgiveness, I went back to church and took communion as an amend to my God. I had lived a life that was far from what He had wanted me to be. I had been taught, but I left my principles, values, and self-respect, self-esteem, and self-worth along the way. I was a big void, and I am grateful that I was empty of what was and had room to fill myself up with spirituality and God given gifts.

MajestyJo 06-01-2014 02:13 AM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...4AmapgbEp8hflQ

My faith has found a resting place

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device nor creed;
I trust the Ever-living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.
I need no other argument,
I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.
Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He’ll never cast me out.
My heart is leaning on the Word,
The written Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior’s name,
Salvation through His blood.
My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

MajestyJo 06-03-2014 02:46 AM

"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY"

Quotations for Motivation, Inspiration or Contemplation

Thoughts Of The Day

If there was no Yesterday, and Tomorrow were to never come, what would you do Today?"

Written in 2014 by Jason L. Addicott --- North Dakota
I am the one that has thought it and liked it to where I decided to share it with the world. Makes you think a little more of what you should do with each day that everyone is blessed with.

Thoughts For The Day

I might not be the man you want to see, but I see in me the man I want to be."

Written in 2014 by Eniola Opeyemi --- Nigeria
My favourite

Thought Of The Day

Just like waves in the ocean come and go, no challenge is permanent. Problems will come and go too. We must enjoy the Challenges just like we enjoy the Waves."

Written in 2014 by RVM --- India

MajestyJo 06-07-2014 06:35 AM

If your heart is troubled, go to the Source. Go to nature,go find a quiet space for yourself if possible. Read the literature of recovery and you can go to this link to look at God's word and check out His Word on what you are feeling.

God's Yellow Pages

http://www.divinepeace.com/yellow/Go...low_Pages.html

Go to The Scripture Tree and find your God's message in today behind a flower. I heard a bird singing, that was bonus.

http://thescripturetree.com/

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/flower9.jpg

MajestyJo 06-11-2014 04:25 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...0XhFn6WAOFCSpw

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find, to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best—
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.
Every day, the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me,
He Whose Name is Counselor and Pow’r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.
Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land.

My Mom's favourite Hymn which we played at her funeral. Not an unahappy thought, a joyous one, because she had faith and trust as to where she was going, and those who knew her, knew it too.