Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4384)

bluidkiti 08-01-2014 01:07 PM

Bible Verse Of The Day - August

August 1

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:114

Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish. Proverbs 18:13

Romans 12:14 - 14 Bless those who persecute you. Don’t curse them; pray that God will bless them.

bluidkiti 08-02-2014 09:58 AM

August 2

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

I cried out to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy mountain. Psalm 3:4

Psalm 34:18 - 18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

BW1 08-02-2014 10:43 AM

The plans of the mind belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
All the the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. ~ Proverbs 16: 1-2 RSV

bluidkiti 08-03-2014 05:57 AM

August 3

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord my God. Psalm 38:15

Ephesians 1:3 - 3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.

BW1 08-03-2014 05:06 PM

Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's son, in truth and love. ~ 2 John 3 RSV

bluidkiti 08-04-2014 10:16 AM

August 4

Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it; the Lord is his name; Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:2-3

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17

Philippians 3:20 - 20 But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.

BW1 08-04-2014 03:12 PM

Don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? ~1 Corinthians 6:19 NLT

bluidkiti 08-05-2014 10:48 AM

August 5

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalm 119:130

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. Psalm 119:130

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17

Psalm 19:8 - 8 The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living.

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. John 14:1

BW1 08-05-2014 11:56 AM

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!.
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into His presence with singing!
~ Psalms 100:1-2

bluidkiti 08-06-2014 09:40 AM

August 6

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalm 119:160

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Philippians 4:6

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalm 119:160

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. John 14:1

1 Thessalonians 3:7 - 7 So we have been greatly encouraged in the midst of our troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith.

Luke 6:27-31 — "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

BW1 08-06-2014 04:03 PM

"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. " ~ Proverbs 15:1

BW1 08-07-2014 10:22 AM

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits without partiality and without hypocricy.
~ James 3:17 KJV

bluidkiti 08-07-2014 11:13 AM

August 7

For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us. Isaiah 33:22

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6

Romans 1:12 - 12 When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.

2 Corinthians 5:21 — God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

Matthew 7:1-2 — "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

bluidkiti 08-08-2014 09:47 AM

August 8

For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Psalm 149:4

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 71:6 - 6 Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you!

My experience shows that those who plant trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same. Job 4:8

BW1 08-08-2014 01:31 PM

For as the body is dead without the spirit is dead so faith withot works is dead also. ~ James 2:26

bluidkiti 08-09-2014 09:18 AM

August 9

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7

My experience shows that those who plant trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same. Job 4:8

Psalm 31:7 - 7 I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.

2 Peter 1:5-9 — For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. John 16:33

BW1 08-09-2014 01:20 PM

My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9 NKJV

bluidkiti 08-10-2014 09:53 AM

August 10

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Matthew 25:36 - 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.

Think about it: Just as a parent disciplines a child, the Lord your God disciplines you for your own good. Deuteronomy 8:5

2 Peter 1:5-9 — For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

BW1 08-10-2014 01:18 PM

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. ~ Proverbs 27:17

bluidkiti 08-11-2014 08:01 AM

August 11

I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. Psalm 119:14

Think about it: Just as a parent disciplines a child, the Lord your God disciplines you for your own good. Deuteronomy 8:5

Psalm 121:7 - 7 The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.

Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor. Proverbs 21:21

Proverbs 4:23-27 — Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

BW1 08-11-2014 04:41 PM

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.
~ 1 Peter 5: 6-7 ESV

Dear God, I will quit wringing my hands and place them in yours for you to hold and guide me. Amen. [from the book QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD]

bluidkiti 08-12-2014 08:57 AM

August 12

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor. Proverbs 21:21

Psalm 121:8 - 8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.

No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Psalm 5:1-3 — Listen to my words, LORD, consider my lament. Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

The secret of a close relationship with God is to pray to him earnestly each morning. In the morning our minds are more free from problems and then we can commit the whole day to God. Regular communication helps any friendship and is certainly necessary for a strong relationship with God. Do you have a regular time to pray and read God's Word?

BW1 08-12-2014 02:03 PM

If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength of God provides, so that in all things God will be praised through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 4:11 NIV

BW1 08-13-2014 09:15 AM

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of the Father. Who hath ears to hear let him hear.
~ Matthew 13:41-43

bluidkiti 08-13-2014 10:29 AM

August 13

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Ephesians 6:23 - 23 Peace be with you, dear brothers and sisters, and may God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you love with faithfulness.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 — Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Matthew 5:7

bluidkiti 08-14-2014 09:11 AM

August 14

“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:14,20

God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Matthew 5:7

Psalm 119:2 - 2 Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts.

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 — ...pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12

Psalm 41:1 — Blessed are those who have regard for the weak; the LORD delivers them in times of trouble.

The Bible often speaks of God's care for the weak, poor and needy, and of his blessing on those who share this concern. God wants our generosity to reflect his own free giving. As he has blessed us, we should bless others.

BW1 08-14-2014 11:27 AM

let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; and let them say among the nations, "The Lord reigns." ~ 1 Chronicles 16:31

BW1 08-15-2014 03:26 AM

Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. ~ Matthew 24:44

bluidkiti 08-15-2014 01:02 PM

August 15

If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Romans 14:8

Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12

Joshua 1:5 - 5 No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you.

2 Thessalonians 3:11-13 — We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat. And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.

There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when He judges you. James 2:13

bluidkiti 08-16-2014 11:13 AM

August 16

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when he judges you. James 2:13

Joshua 1:9 - 9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Deuteronomy 30:11-14 — Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, "Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

The Lord is like a father to His children, tender and compassionate to those who fear Him. Psalm 103:13

Psalm 139:1-4 — You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.

When no one else seems to understand you, simply draw closer to Christ. Rejoice in the One who understands you completely and loves you perfectly. As he fills you with his love, you become a reservoir of love, overflowing into the lives of other people.

BW1 08-16-2014 12:38 PM

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it." ~Isaiah 30:21 NIV

When you travel with God, don't worry. You won't get lost. God knows the way.

When you feel lost, don't worry. God knows where you are.

bluidkiti 08-17-2014 09:06 AM

August 17

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends. 2 Corinthians 10:17-18

The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. Psalm 103:13

Philippians 2:3-4 - 3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8

BW1 08-17-2014 04:16 PM

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." He said further, "Thus you shall say to the Israelites, 'I am sent me to you." ~NRSV

No matter what name you use, God is your God. Call on Him. He is on call for you.
[Quiet Moments in the Presence of God, pg 156]

bluidkiti 08-18-2014 12:10 PM

August 18

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8

James 1:17 - 17 Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. Psalm 13:5

BW1 08-18-2014 12:27 PM

I pray that out of God's glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being. ~ Ephesians 3:16 NIV

What is before or beyond you fades when approached by what is within you.

bluidkiti 08-19-2014 09:33 AM

August 19

Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. Psalm 13:5

Psalm 40:5 - 5 O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.

Colossians 3:15 — Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful. Proverbs 16:20

dwmoeller 08-19-2014 10:21 AM

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. - 1 Corinthians 10:24

Thought: Make someone else's life a little happier today.

BW1 08-19-2014 11:12 AM

If you are standing before the altar in the Temple, offering a sacrifice to God and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you leave your sacrifice there beside the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. ~ Matthew 5:23-24 NLT

God uses your close times with him to equip you for service in the world. Prayer sensitizes you and helps you recognize where you are needed. It opens doors in your mind and heart and will lead you to others.

Prayer enlarges your heart makes it big enough to hold those who need you most. [[QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD pg 184]

bluidkiti 08-20-2014 10:09 AM

August 20

I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful. Proverbs 16:20

2 Corinthians 12:10 - 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Philippians 4:8 — Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.

What we put into our minds determines our words and our actions. God's Word tells us to program our minds with thoughts that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. Examine what you are putting into your mind through television, the Internet, books, conversations, movies, and magazines. Replace harmful input with wholesome material. Above all, read God's Word and pray. Ask God to help you focus your mind on what is good and pure. It takes practice, but it can be done.

O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

Proverbs 3:1-6 — My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Let Scripture be your guide on life's journey. God promises to give you productive days and fruitful years if you follow his path. He'll direct each step of your way, and his peace will sustain you, even during the difficult times.

BW1 08-20-2014 12:29 PM

True religion with contentment is great wealth. ~ 1 Timothy 6:6

"Like so many words, we've lost the meaning of contentment. We've somehow come up with the notion that contentment is the opposite of success. We believe contentment is attainable only if we stop striving, and who wants to do that? We're afraid that if we stand still for a moment, the world is going to pass us by, so we make up our minds that we'll be contented someday, perhaps when we retire.

"...being content doesn't mean being lazy. Discontentment affects the rich and poor alike.

"If your ambitions come from a desire to serve God, to help others, and to improve yourself so you will have a greater impact in your world, then the fulfillment of your ambitions will bring you much happiness and contentment"

~GOD IS IN THE SMALL STUFF AND IT ALL MATTERS by Bruce & Stan, pg 113-115