Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11638)

bluidkiti 08-01-2017 07:28 AM

Bible Verses - August

August 1

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:57

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his dwelling place. – 1 Chronicles 16:27

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matthew 5:44

1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

bluidkiti 08-02-2017 07:49 AM

August 2

Isaiah 30:18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalms 91:1

I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. Psalm 108:3

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. - 2 Peter 1:3

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; in all your ways know him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

bluidkiti 08-03-2017 07:28 AM

August 3

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18

Philippian 2:3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

"Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you." Luke 6:28

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. - Colossians 3:15

“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” - James 1:5

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

bluidkiti 08-04-2017 05:58 AM

August 4

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV) ...but when you are tempted, God will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. – Matthew 5:16

bluidkiti 08-05-2017 05:54 AM

August 5

James 1:5-6 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9

My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Psalm 62:7

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. - 1 John 1:9

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” – Isaiah 6:8

The Word became human and lived here on earth among us. John 1:14

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

bluidkiti 08-06-2017 06:23 AM

August 6

Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. Titus 2:11-12

Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

bluidkiti 08-07-2017 06:06 AM

August 7

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Genesis 50:20

Psalm 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!” Revelation 5:13

God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. - Matthew 5:4

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, – Psalm 23:1-2

Psalm 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

dwmoeller 08-07-2017 09:20 AM

If we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. - 1 Timothy 6:8

Thought: A loaf of bread, a shirt on my back, and Christ.......I AM RICH!!

bluidkiti 08-08-2017 05:41 AM

August 8

(20) Now it was reported to Him, “Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to see You”. (21) But answering He said to them, “My mother and My brothers are these who are hearing the word of God and doing it”. Luke 8:20-21

John 12:26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." Psalms 34:4

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:3–5

Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Colossians 3:16

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:25 (NLT): Once you were wandering like lost sheep. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls.

Today’s Thought: Isn’t it wonderful to know that God guards our soul? This doesn’t mean we will not have trials. It does mean, however, that we have someone to lean on when life gets almost unbearable. He will never leave nor forsake you (see John 14:16) and will never put on you more then you can bear.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for guarding my soul & never leaving my. I pray that You help me put my full trust in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. — 1 Peter 2:12

Romans 10:9-10 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

dwmoeller 08-08-2017 08:55 AM

You understand, O Lord; remember me and care for me. - Jeremiah 15:15

Thought: The Lord has walked the walk. He knows and cares.

bluidkiti 08-09-2017 07:10 AM

August 9

Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:9-10

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20

1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV) ...whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Thought: Every "insignificant" task is an opportunity to do something "divine."

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. - 2 Timothy 3:16

“He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.’” (Mark 16:15)

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:12-13

The grass withers, and the flowers fall away. But the word of the Lord will last forever. 1 Peter 1:24-25

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 3:1-2 (NLT): In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands, even those who refuse to accept the Good News. Your godly lives will speak to them better than any words. They will be won over by watching your pure, godly behavior.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to be a Godly spouse so You can be glorified in everything I do. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. —Psalm 103:8

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. — Matthew 6:19-21

Matthew 5:44-48 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

Proverbs 19:11 A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.

bluidkiti 08-10-2017 03:06 AM

August 10

Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety." Psalms 4:8

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:35, 37

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. —Psalm 84:11

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. — Colossians 4:5

Mark 9:38-41
Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us
“Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”
“Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

Lamentations 3:31-32 31 For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. 32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.

bluidkiti 08-11-2017 06:16 AM

August 11

‘The Lord sets prisoners free, the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down … The Lord reigns for ever’ (Psalm 146:7–10). Praise God for his kingdom of justice and peace!

Ephesians 4:11-12 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30

How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices; together they shout for joy. When the Lord returns to Zion, they will see it with their own eyes. Isaiah 52:7–8

1 Corinthians 10:33 (NIV) ...For I am not seeking my own good, but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

Thought: God calls us to live life differently because He has a bigger mission in mind.

A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered. - Proverbs 17:27

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16

I have always believed you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God. John 11:27

“All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. – John 14:25-26

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. —Romans 8:11

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. — 1 Peter 3:15

dwmoeller 08-11-2017 08:12 AM

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight. - Jeremiah 15:16

Thought: Like ice cream set before a starving child, so your words, Lord, bring joy.

bluidkiti 08-12-2017 09:32 AM

August 12

"I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." Psalms 18:3

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. - Romans 8:28

The Father and I are one. John 10:30

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37

Psalm 18:1-3
For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord. He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said:
I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.