Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - April (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10924)

bluidkiti 04-11-2017 07:48 AM

April 11

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

"Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak." Mark 14:38

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Psalm 115:1 (NIV) Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to Your name be the glory, because of Your love and faithfulness.

Thought: What can you thank God for today?

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. Matthew 24:4-5

You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth. Deuteronomy 8:17-18a

1 John 3:16-18 — This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. — Proverbs 19:21

bluidkiti 04-12-2017 09:01 AM

April 12

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13

Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Psalm 112:5 (NIV) Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.

Thought: Want a blessing? Be a blessing.

Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. - Ephesians 5:2

This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 1 John 3:11

Revelation 21:5 — He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. —Philippians 4:12-13

dwmoeller 04-12-2017 02:36 PM

One man gives freely, yet gains even more. - Proverbs 11:24

Thought: The joy is in the giving!

bluidkiti 04-13-2017 07:54 AM

April 13

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Psalm 116:16 (NIV) You have freed me from my chains...

Thought: Let go of your guilt. God already forgave you.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep." - John 10:11

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 27:1 (NLT): The Lord is my light and my salvation- so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger- so why should I tremble?

Today’s Thought: We have a hope that no one can steal from us – the fact that we know Jesus! When satan attacks us, all we need to do is remind him of his future! We are called to live a victorious life!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving me. I ask that You always help me remember who I am in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. —Philippians 4:19

Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” – Luke 22:39-42

1 Peter 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

bluidkiti 04-14-2017 07:28 AM

April 14

"If you love me, you will obey what I command." John 14:15

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 18:1-2 (NLT): I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.

Today’s Thought: Trust is a big factor in our relationship with God. We must realize that no matter how hard life gets – God is in control! Trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to trust You with everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

dwmoeller 04-14-2017 02:04 PM

But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

bluidkiti 04-15-2017 08:44 AM

April 15

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:11

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. - Romans 5:8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 15:1 (NLT): A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger.

Today’s Thought: Our words can set the course of an entire day. We can either tear down or build up. Let’s choose to build up today!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that all my conversations be pleasing to You today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

bluidkiti 04-16-2017 08:09 AM

April 16

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." John 15:16

There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. – Matthew 28:2-6 (NIV)

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:3 (NLT): Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed.

Today’s Thought: When we put our lives fully in God’s hands, He will make sure you succeed. Success in God’s eyes are totally different then man’s view of success.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I put my life fully in Your hands. I ask that You use me however You want. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-17-2017 08:01 AM

April 17

"...The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalms 27:1

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 1 John 5:20

2 Corinthians 5:9 (ERV) Our only goal is to always please the Lord...

Thought: Make. Life. Simple.

He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young. - Isaiah 40:11

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:20 (NLT): Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be happy.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to fully trust You in every area of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

bluidkiti 04-18-2017 07:24 AM

April 18

Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2

Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. – John 1:16-17

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:18 (NLT): Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving my life. I ask that You help me always give You the glory so I never get prideful. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Colossians 2:6-7 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

bluidkiti 04-19-2017 08:42 AM

April 19

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:12

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost." Matthew 18:11

Isaiah 41:13 (NIV) For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you."

Thought: You woke up with a heavy heart. Trust His word, and trade your fear for faith.

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. – Romans 8:31-34

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 1 John 5:1

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:1 (NLT): A dry crust eaten in peace is better than a great feast with strife.

Today’s Thought: Peace is often considered a luxury in today’s world. However, as Christians, we are called to be peacemakers. In fact, there is a great blessing attached to being a peacemaker. Are you a peacemaker?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me become a peacemaker today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

2 Corinthians 4:13-18 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

dwmoeller 04-19-2017 09:37 AM

I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. - John 5:24

Thought: Today is one day in eternity with Christ.

bluidkiti 04-20-2017 07:28 AM

April 20

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." 1 John 4:4

Psalm 31:19 (NIV) How great is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear You, which You bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in You.

Thought: Pray: "God, show me all that I have in You. Amen."

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. – Isaiah 53:5

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:17 (NLT): A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

Today’s Thought: As Christians, we are all considered “brothers & sisters.” We should help each other..as often as we can. When is the last time you helped someone in their time of need?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me find ways to help other people. In fact, show me non Christians who need help so I can lead them to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

dwmoeller 04-20-2017 10:05 AM

[Jesus] said to them, "It is I; don't be afraid." - John 6:20

Thought: When life's storms rage, Jesus will calm your fears.

bluidkiti 04-21-2017 07:32 AM

April 21

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

"For in him we live, and move, and have our being..." Acts 17:28

Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls. - 1 Peter 2:25

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:22 (NLT): A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.

Today’s Thought: We are light in this dark world. People look to us, as Christians for strength whether they tell you or not. Let’s be cheerful today and see what God does!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for saving my life! I ask that Your joy flow out of me today so I can shine bright for You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Philippians 3:12-14 — Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. —1 Corinthians 15:57