Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2234)

bluidkiti 01-07-2014 09:59 AM

Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world

Rev 12:10b "For the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

One of the names of satan is "the accuser". The name of his game is to get the believer to quit what he starts to do. He accuses the believer that he or she is not capable of finishing something they start.

Satan says, "You aren't smart enough", "You don't study enough", and "God's not with you."

Satan will try to get you off on other things. The accuser tries to toss us to and fro, so we will leave God's work undone. Many a Christian has quit because of Satan's accusations.

Remember, "Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" 1 John 4:4b

Bible References (KJV)

Rev 12:10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

1 John 4:4 "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

Source Unknown

MajestyJo 01-07-2014 05:09 PM

Not sure if it is because I stay out of the world or if it is just because I am old. Can't handle the noise, the sounds and smells, and get claustrophobic when surrounded by too many people. Part of it is Fibromyalgia which makes me sensitive to these things. My son asked me the other day, "Are you always going to make your fibromyalgia an excuse?" What I do is accept how fibromyalgia affect my body and mind. When I fight it and don't accept it, I hurt and then I come back to that place that brought me to recovery in the first place, "Being sick and tired of being tired and sick."

It is only through meditation and prayer that I can get out of that space.

LookingOut 01-08-2014 10:51 AM

I learned in my New Wine class this morning that the only pure motivation to get sober is to please God and to glorify Him. Any other motivation is a selfish one--it may even be a good one, like being healthy or holding on to your family or job, but it is still an agenda and an idol before God.

When I realize this, I understand I have to get out of God's way and allow Him to transform me. He is the one who has the power to do so. When I am in my own strength, I fail. If I keep my eyes on Him, it is His power that does the changing work.

I really do have a trust problem. I have gone my own way. It is like Peter walking on the water. With his eyes on Jesus he succeeded. When he looked away, he sank.

These verses are a good reminder that Christ has the power and the victory. I have to get myself out of the way and become willing.