Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   WORTHY THOUGHTS (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740)

MajestyJo 05-05-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

VALUING THE MOMENT

"... the only time you ever have in which to learn anything or see anything or feel anything, or express any feeling or emotion, or respond to an event, or grow, or heal, is this moment, because this is the only moment any of us ever gets. You’re only here now; you’re only alive in this moment."
-- Jon Kabat-Zinn

Many people regularly squander their time. They live under the assumption that they'll live forever. As a result, they don't value the present as a precious opportunity that will never come again.

Others continually race against time, trying to cram too many activities into each hour, and suffering stress in the process.

In our view, we are more effective and most happy when we balance being and doing. We continually ask ourselves what's most important to get done. And we're learning to BE -- fully present -- when we do. We also regularly give ourselves permission to relax.

Make today really matter. It's all you'll ever have.

"Very few of us know how much we can put into life if we use it properly, wisely, and economically. Let us economize our time -- lifetimes ebb away before we wake up, and that is why we do not realize the value of the immortal time God has given us."
-- Paramahansa Yogananda

Never have time for what you really want in life? Take control of the time of your life by changing your mind.

MajestyJo 05-07-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

NATURAL VIBRATIONS

"I sing the body electric."
-- Walt Whitman

The water that makes up so much of our bodies is like oceann water. The salt crystals in this water vibrate at ever-changing frequencies. Our hearts are the emotional centers of our bodies, and they put out frequencies that are 10 times the power of the frequencies of our brains.

When we are happy, we vibrate at a higher frequency than when we are angry or sad. Our emotions change the chemical composition of the water in our systems. That's why happy tears taste different than tears of sadness.

Experiencing physical, emotional and mental stillness harmonizes the vibrational output of the body, heart and mind and we become stronger.

"The message we give our bodies -- one of irritation or acceptance -- is the message to which our bodies will answer."
-- Deb Shapiro

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

MajestyJo 05-10-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

LISTEN TO YOUR HEART

"To know how to choose a path with heart is to learn how to follow intuitive feeling. Logic can tell you superficially where a path might lead to, but it cannot judge whether your heart will be in it."
-- Jean Shinoda Bolen

"When you have compassion and surrender to your own heart, you are surrendering to the hidden power in your heart, God. You are surrendering to love, because God is Love, the cohesive force of the universe that connects us all. Surrender is not just a religious concept; it's a power tool for listening to the voice of your spirit and following its directions. When you surrender your head to your heart, you allow your heart to give you a wider, higher intelligence perspective. Remember the phrase, 'The real teacher is within you.' Very simply, that teacher is to be found in the common sense of your own heart."
-- Sara Paddison

"Surrender is faith that the power of love can accomplish anything... even when you can not foresee the outcome."
-- Deepak Chopra

MajestyJo 05-14-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM

"We focus on the negatives, losing ourselves in the 'problem.' We point to our unhappy circumstances to rationalize our negative feelings. This is the easy way out. It takes, after all, very little effort to feel victimized."
-- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Nothing and no one can make us a victim. We do it to ourselves when we allow external circumstances to hold power over us.

Although we have no control over what happens to us, we ALWAYS have a choice in how we respond. We hold our power when we accept complete responsibility for our thoughts, feelings and actions.

"A man may fall many times but he won't be a failure until he says someone pushed him."
-- Elmer G. Letterman

"The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed."
-- Steven Biko

Become aware of your subconscious limitations, your character strengths, weaknesses and potentials, your life challenges, gifts, talents, and your deepest desires and aspirations.

MajestyJo 05-14-2014 01:31 AM

Quote:

UNDERSTAND DUALITIES

"Life is the coexistence of all opposite values. Joy and sorrow, pleasure and pain, up and down, hot and cold, here and there, light and darkness, birth and death. All experience is by contrast, and one would be meaningless without the other."
-- Deepak Chopra

Life is full of dualities, opposites. Despite their apparent opposition, each extreme in a duality is necessary to fully actualize the other. Each depends on the existence of the other. For example, we cannot know honesty if we don’t know deception.

The key is to not resist or suppress the negative. We need to acknowledge its existence, though we may choose not to express it. When we embrace wholeness, we move to a higher perspective.

"The light which man has discovered within himself makes him more aware of the dark; through the good which attracts him, he sees the evil which is the line of least resistance; the activity leading to pain simultaneously permits him to visualize the contrasting pleasure, and thus he experiences something of both hell and heaven."
-- Aart Jurriaanse

*** Restart building a new foundation for your life. Clear blocks and transform your life. Discover a whole new way of working with life's challenges

MajestyJo 05-16-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

WORK SMART, NOT HARD

"The whole secret of freedom from anxiety over not having enough time lies not in working more hours, but in the proper planning of the hours."
-- Frank Bettger

We need to commit time to doing the right things for ourselves, and only we can judge what’s right for us. We need to clearly know what we want, and we need to believe we can have it. Having goals in mind, we can avoid the trap of busyness and get right down to business. Efficiency is not nearly as important as effectiveness.

For fulfillment, we need to take our lives off autopilot. We need to consciously decide what we will and will not do, moment by moment. We need to give ourselves the space, support and freedom to be proactive in choosing how we live each day.

"Learn to use ten minutes intelligently. It will pay you huge dividends."
-- William A. Irwin

MajestyJo 05-18-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

GO FOR WHAT YOU LOVE

"Follow your bliss."
-- Joseph Campbell

It's hard for some of us to believe that the world is served when we seek our own happiness. We've been taught that this is selfish.

If we stop to reflect on how we are in the world when we are happy, we can see how this serves. We have more vitality. We're more loving and generous to others when our own needs are met.

What activities bring you greatest joy? Your unique gift to the world will be found in those pastimes you love the most.

How can you live your joy each day?

"Spiritual growth is not made in reaction against, for all striving against imposed restrictions is imaginary. Spiritual growth is accomplished by inclination toward. We grow like the sunflower, following the light."
-- Joy Houghton

*** Do you feel an urge or calling in you to be or do more? Then honour it and open to more meaning and fulfillment by exploring your life purpose. Maybe it is time to do life instead of life doing you!

MajestyJo 05-20-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

THREE LEVELS OF PROSPERITY

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
-- Woody Allen

To become more prosperous, we need to change on at least two levels. First, we must ensure our financial affairs are in order. We need an income that at least covers our expenses. And we need a foundation of habits, tools and skills so we achieve some financial stability in our day-to-day experience.

Second, we must become aware of the beliefs we hold around money and prosperity. If we unconsciously believe we are lacking in some way, then no matter what we do, we will unconsciously sabotage our own efforts to improve our finances.

And third, it's helpful to understand the spiritual principles that govern our level of abundance. Once we know those principles, we can work effectively within them to attract abundance to us.

"If you're prosperous in soul, you'll be prosperous in whole."
-- Mark Victor Hansen

MajestyJo 05-22-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

REFLECTIONS ON EFFORT

The anxious student asked the Zen master how long to enlightenment. The Zen Master answered a long time, at least 10 years. The student said, "Well I will work twice as hard." The Zen master said, "Then it will take 20 years." "No!" said the committed student, "I will work three times as hard." "Well then," said the Zen master, "it will take 30 years."

Do you need to work at being spiritual? No. You already are spiritual. Do you need to work at being human? No. That's just who you are.

The spiritual path doesn't require us to get anything. It's a process of opening to new dimensions of who we already are. It's a process of awakening to our own truth. It’s a process of allowing ourselves to be authentic.

"It is not by your actions that you will be saved, but by your being."
-- Meister Eckhart

"People ask what must they become to be loving. The answer is 'nothing.' It is a process of letting go of what you thought you had become and allowing your true nature to float to the surface naturally."
-- Stephen Levine

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision. Go deeper...

MajestyJo 05-23-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

LEVELS OF CONSCIOUSNESS

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind."
-- William James

Here is one perspective on levels of consciousness and some descriptive words to help us identify the differences:

Not conscious - instinctual, follower
Subconscious - habitual, robotic, reactive
Conscious - aware, intelligent, conceptual, reflective
Superconscious - intuitive, guiding, truthful, loving, universal
Reflect on how you typically move through your day. As we use our minds more consciously, we open up to the superconsciousness.

"Utilizing your conscious mind to direct the subconscious mind to enter into communication and harmony with the universal mind is the secret of personal power."
-- Delfin Knowledge System

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

MajestyJo 05-26-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

ON FREEDOM

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."
-- Stephen Covey

A Greek myth can help us understand the freedom that comes with power of choice.

In the Underworld, Sisyphus was condemned to roll a large stone up a hill from which it always rolled down again. Realistically, he was trapped in an endless cycle of rolling the stone. When he perceived himself to be imprisoned by the curse, he was a victim.

At one point, however, he turned the tables -- he changed his mind and decided to CHOOSE to roll the stone up the hill. In doing so, he empowered himself and defused the curse.

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

"One cannot make a slave of a free person, for a free person is free even in a prison."
-- Plato

Watch yourself shift from the self-centered, controlling behaviours of the ego to the power, love and wisdom of the soul.

MajestyJo 05-28-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

SPACE TO EXPLORE

"No one can find his work, what he really wants to put all of himself into, when everything he does he is made to do by others. This kind of searching must be done freely or not at all."
-- John Holt

We all need space -- free from demands, deadlines, expectations and judgments -- to explore who we are and what life is all about. Free time, with absolutely no agenda, is rich with potential. How can we grow if we have no space and freedom to dream?

"Deny children -- or anyone else -- the chance to do 'nothing,' and we may be denying them the chance to do 'something' -- to find and do any work that is truly important to themselves or to someone else."
-- John Holt

Create space in one area of your life and it affects other areas of your life.

MajestyJo 05-31-2014 11:31 AM

LIVE IT WELL

http://angelwinks.net/images/iq/qcdaisy367.jpg

You know, time has a way of moving quickly
and catching you unaware of the passing years.

It seems just yesterday that I was a young man,
just married and embarking on my new life with my mate.
And yet in a way, it seems like eons ago,
and I wonder where all the years went.
I know that I lived them all...

And I have glimpses of how it was back then
and of all my hopes and dreams ...
But, here it is...the winter of my life
and it catches me by surprise...

How did I get here so fast?
Where did the years go and
where did my babies go?
And where did my youth go?

I remember well...
seeing older people through the years
and thinking that those older people
were years away from me and
that winter was so far off that
I could not fathom it or
imagine fully what it would be like...

But, here it is...
wife retired and she's really getting gray...
she moves slower and I see an older woman now.
She's in better shape than me...
but, I see the great change...
Not the one I married who was young and vibrant...
but, like me, her age is beginning to show
and we are now those older folks
that we used to see and never thought we'd be.

Each day now,
I find that just getting a shower
is a real target for the day!
And taking a nap is not a treat anymore...
it's mandatory!
Cause if I don't on my own free will...
I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so, now I enter into this
new season of my life unprepared
for all the aches and pains
and the loss of strength and
ability to go and do things.
But, at least I know, that though the winter has come,
and I'm not sure how long it will last...
This I know,
that when it's over...its over....
Yes , I have regrets .
There are things I wish I hadn't done ....
things I should have done .
But indeed , there are many things I'm happy to have done ....
Its all in a lifetime ...

So, if you're not in your winter yet...
let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think.
So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life
please do it quickly!

Life goes by quickly
So, do what you can today,
because you can never be sure
whether this is your winter or not!

You have no promise that
you will see all the seasons of your life ...
so, live for good today and
say all the things that you want
your loved ones to remember...

"Life is a gift to you.
The way you live your life is
your gift to those who came after.
Make it a fantastic one."

LIVE IT WELL!!

~author unknown~

Haven't been able to get into my Hotmail a/c to get to the Higher Awareness readings.

MajestyJo 06-03-2014 03:23 AM

Quote:

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof."

-- Barbara Kingsolver
What an encouraging thought. Very empowering for me. My son called today and said, "I guess I have to go back to those da*n meetings. He knows where the help is. It would be a real answer to prayer.

I love the concept of putting all good things in your sacred space and surrounding yourself with them.

For many years, I wasted time sitting hoping for things to change, not realizing that I had to do the footwork to bring it about. I just couldn't sit around on my laurels and wish my life away.

Quote:

Allan K. Chalmers:

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8440a76b.jpg

Quote:

When the world says "give up." hope whispers, try it one more time.

Those who see continually see success in their lives, are those who are always willing to show cheer, and are also those who are always willing to remain full of hope.

MajestyJo 06-05-2014 10:22 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...GLqHfYs6OFae0U

Quote:

1 Corinthians 10:13-14
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry

Idolatry is one of the reasons I had trouble accepting religion. I felt that I had a direct line, and didn't need a mediator.

MajestyJo 06-08-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Be aware of your motives

"Ordinarily, everything we do is in our self-interest. Everything."

-- Anthony de Mello

"Remember, most of the things you think you need are ego trips designed to bolster your image and your perception of security.... You'll waste a lot of energy satisfying your ego only to find that, as soon as it's got what it wants, it ignores all your efforts and promptly nails another list of demands to your forehead. The ego will always try to force you to slave for its vision. I wouldn't stand for that BS if I were you."

-- Stuart Wilde

"We have no need to teach pure motives to the mind. All that is necessary to make the mind pure is to undo the negative conditioning to which it has been subjected; then we will be left with pure, unconditioned awareness."

-- Eknath Easwaran

- Higher Awareness
My sponsor said to be aware of my motives and intent. Make things right by cleaning your side of the street and making things right with your God.

MajestyJo 06-11-2014 04:11 AM

Meditation for the Day

Keep as close as you can to the Higher Power. Try to think, act,and live as though you were always in God's presence. Keeping close to a Power greater than yourself is the solution to most of the earth's problems. Try to practice the presence of God in the things you think and do. That is the secret of personal power. It is the thing which influences the lives of others for good. Abide in the Lord and rejoice in His love. Keep close to the Divine Spirit in the universe. Keep God close behind your thoughts.

Prayer for today
I pray that I may keep close to the Mind of God. I pray that I may live with Him in my heart and mind.

This was posted on my site Star Choice in 2009.

It looks like it could be a Daily prayer to practice, rather than a prayer you say just one day.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...gBVKgGIAW6_VmC

MajestyJo 06-13-2014 01:52 AM

“Life at its best is a creative synthesis of opposites
in fruitful harmony.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.

“When we pay attention to nature’s music,
we find that everything on the earth
contributes to its harmony.”
Hazrat Inayat Khan

“But what is happiness except the simple harmony
between a man and the life he leads?”
Albert Camus

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...C4CiQh4yasj2Mp

MajestyJo 06-17-2014 09:15 AM

Positive Thought Of The Day

"May today bring you the joy that escaped from your reach yesterday; the focus to strive for a better tomorrow; the motivation to live victoriously today."

Written in 2014 by Janice Harris --- Florida

Thought For The Day

"Just imagine for a day that you do not know anything, that what you believe could be completely false. Let go of your preconceptions and even your most cherished beliefs. Experiment. Force yourself to hold the opposite opinion or see the world through your enemy's eyes. Listen to the people around you with more attentiveness. See everything as a source for education; even the most banal encounters. Imagine that the world is still full of mystery."

Robert Green --- Submitted by Dan Smith --- California

Motivational Thoughts Of The Day

"It's by one's own actions that we clearly define our existence, our reality and ultimately the outcome. Seek truth, build character, find happiness and most of all share and be grateful to those that encouraged you to never give up!"

Written in 2013 by Trey Eastwood --- Texas
Living by it!

http://www.angelwinks.net/iq/quick15.jpg

MajestyJo 06-19-2014 01:59 AM

Thoughts for the Day

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

“A river is victoriously persistent,
overcoming all barriers.
For a while it goes steadily on its course,
but then comes to an obstacle.
And for a while it is blocked,
yet it soon makes a pathway around the obstacle.
Or a river will drop out of sight for miles,
only later to emerge again
even broader and greater than ever…
Never focus your eyes
on the obstacle or the difficulty.”
Oswald Chambers

“Success is determined
not by whether or not you face obstacles,
but by your reaction to them.
And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence,
they become your excuse for failure.
If you look at them as a hurdle,
each one strengthens you for the next.”
Ben Carson

Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story
“Obstacles come to instruct, not obstruct.”
Brian Tracy

======

Thoughts for the Day

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

“If you hear a voice within you say
'you cannot paint,'
then by all means PAINT,
and that voice will be silenced."
Vincent Van Gogh
“Art is your personal diary
where you may color your thoughts
and emotions on a page.”
Sara, Los Cerros Middle School, 1999

“Art enables us to find ourselves
and lose ourselves at the same time.”

http://angelwinks.net/images//flowerpod/flowerpod87.jpg
Thomas Merton

MajestyJo 06-22-2014 11:17 AM

New Inspirational Quote About Hope

"Don't worry. When life puts you down, hope will push you up."
Written in 2014 by Mohammed Sekouty --- Egypt
Push yourself up!

New Inspirational Quote AAbout Forgiveness

"Forgiving those who hurt us is key to our personal peace."
Author Unknown --- Submitted by Sher Muhammad ---Pakistan

New Inspirational Quote About Life

"It is not necessary that tears must fall when you are sad and lips must smile when you are happy. Sometimes life catches us in certain situations when we smile in pain and cry with happiness."
Written in 2014 by Uday Uprety --- Texas

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/bowser/bowser2.jpg

MajestyJo 06-23-2014 08:05 PM

Forgiveness

Quote:

FORGIVENESS

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...v_T5OmquB9qwyw

Forgiveness is letting go of the pain and accepting what has happened, because it will not change....

Forgiveness is dismissing the blame.

Choices were made that caused the hurt; we each could have chosen differently, but we didn't.

Forgiveness is looking at the pain, learning the lessons it has
produced, and understanding what we have learned.

Forgiveness allows us to move on towards a better understanding of universal love and our true purpose.

Forgiveness is knowing that love is the answer to all questions, and that we all are in some way connected.

Forgiveness is starting over with the knowledge that we have gained.

I forgive you, and I forgive myself.

I hope you can do the same.

unknown

MajestyJo 06-25-2014 06:13 AM

BEST POEM IN THE WORLD

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/icq...ipgoodwill.jpg

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or it's decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp --
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
the alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must have made a mistake'.

'And why is everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue.'
'Hush child', He said. they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you.'

JUDGE NOT!!

Remember....Just going to church doesn't make you a
Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Every saint has a PAST...
Every sinner has a FUTURE!

Now it's your turn to share this poem.

MajestyJo 06-26-2014 10:18 PM

Thoughts for the Day
Thursday, June 26, 2014

“Stop beating yourself up.
You are a work in progress;
which means you get there a little at a time,
not all at once.”
Author Unknown

“Sometimes you have to stop worrying,
wondering, and doubting.
Have faith that things will work out,
maybe not how you planned,
but just how it’s meant to be.”
Drake

“When the deepest part of you
becomes engaged in what you are doing,
when your activities and actions
become gratifying and purposeful,
when what you do serves both yourself and others,
when you do not tire within
but seek the sweet satisfaction of your life and your work,
you are doing what you were meant to be doing.”
Gary Zukav

June 25, 2014

http://angelwinks.net/images/animated/animated114.gif

Thoughts for the Day
Wednesday, June 25, 2014

“To live is the rarest thing in the world.
Most people exist, that’s all.”
Oscar Wilde

Live your life so that when it’s time to ask
where the time went, you can answer:
“It went to joyful moments with family and friends,
to my search for passion,
to doing work that felt like play,
to standing up for what I believe in,
and to exploring this beautiful world we live in
with an open heart.
My time went to LIVING my life!”
Author Unknown

When we focus on leading a passionate, meaningful life,
we are also inadvertently creating
a spectacular ripple effect of inspiration
in the lives around us.
When one person follows a dream,
tries something new, or takes a daring leap,
everyone nearby feels their passionate energy;
and before too long,
they are making their own daring leaps
while simultaneously inspiring others.
Author Unknown

http://angelwinks.net/images/animated/animated118.gif

MajestyJo 07-02-2014 04:46 PM

To me, people are helpless unless they want to help themselves. There is nothing we can do but pray for them.

Many times, I was close to hopeless, not only for me but for my son. But while their is breath there is hope. As long a God is on the throne, there is always hope. When I stop praying, I am the one who is hopeless.

As my sponsor use to say, "Pray for a spiritual awakening" and the person won't be able to continue doing what they are doing." That applies to myself, I need to do Step Ten to see where I am at in today.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/love-uk-hugs/0006.gif

There are different kinds of helplessness, and for whatever reason, be it mental, emotional or physical. If I reach out, the help is there. There was a barrier there which prevented me from doing that reaching out, mainly an old tape that told me I should be able to do it myself without asking for help. I expected me to do the job, no matter what and put up high expectations. In today, I know that through my God, all things are possible. The difference is knowing that I don't have to do it alone.

Hopeless to me is having tried and couldn't do and you feel you have no hope of ever being able to do it. I was pretty hopeless when I came into recovery. The Twelve Promises are what gave me hope. My first meeting, where I heard two very powerful women share their story, gave me a little hope, but wasn't too sure that the program would work for me. Yet when I looked at where I had been and where I was in the moment, I realized that I had inner resources that could be channelled into my recovery, and the program would work for me if I worked it.

Hope is a strange bedfellow, there will be let downs and disappointments, but all we have to do is try. As the saying goes, the failure isn't in doing and falling short of your expectations, the failure is in the not trying.

http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/polk...-angry-cat.jpg

MajestyJo 07-04-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

"USING TRUST AND LOVE - I CHANGE AND GROW INTO HIGHER AND BETTER THINGS."

We are aware that blaming and arguing never helps us and only creates a wider gap between us, and that only understanding, trust and love can help us change and grow.

- Thich Nhat Hanh
Learning to trust myself has been a long and difficult journey for me. Even though I was told many years ago, "If you doubt yourself, you are doubting God!" Yet when the old tapes play, when people project their thoughts and feelings onto me, and I push the play button and give up my power, then I put myself in a place of mistrust, doubt and low self-worth.

Someone can't put me down unless I allow them to, they can't have the power unless I give it up, and today, thanks to the program, I can pause and take and inventory and prioritize my life and redirect my actions.

Today I know that God is love, that all He wants for me is love and goodness, and that my purpose is to carry that message to others.

In the past I was always told, "Who are you to say? Who are you to know? What makes you think..." In today it isn't about what others think, say and do, it is about my recovery. My serenity and sobriety (soundness of mind) is what has to come first.

I have to learn to listen for and trust that voice within. i had to learn to believe that God loved me and that He directed people, places and things into my life to show me a better way of living, so long as I follow that way, I have nothing to fear. I can walk in faith and know and trust that God is with me.

Something I posted on another site in 2004.

Quote:

Meditation for the Day

Keep as close as you can to the Higher Power. Try to think, act,and live as though you were always in God's presence. Keeping close to a Power greater than yourself is the solution to most of the earth's problems. Try to practice the presence of God in the things you think and do. That is the secret of personal power. It is the thing which influences the lives of others for good. Abide in the Lord and rejoice in His love. Keep close to the Divine Spirit in the universe. Keep God close behind your thoughts.

Prayer for today
I pray that I may keep close to the Mind of God. I pray that I may live with Him in my heart and mind.

This was posted on my site Star Choice in 2009.

It looks like it could be a Daily prayer to practice, rather than a prayer you say just one day.

Posted in 2012
http://www.animated-gifs.eu/religion-nun/0011.gif

MajestyJo 07-06-2014 12:47 AM

“The word listen
contains the same letters as the word silent.”
Alfred Bandel

“With the gift of listening comes the gift of healing.”
Catherine de Hueck Doherty

“Too often
we underestimate the power of a touch,
a smile, a kind word, a listening ear,
an honest compliment,
or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
Leo Buscaglia

http://angelwinks.net/images/iq/qc2sleepingkittens2.jpg

MajestyJo 07-10-2014 03:58 PM

FULLY RELIANT ON GOD

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...water/0033.gif

Do I rely on Him completely?
Do I trust Him with everything?
Or do I try to carry all the burdens
that each day so often brings.

It's not enough to simply say it.
But can I live it day to day?
Relying fully on the One who loves me.
And the precious words He has to say.

He's waiting there to hear me.
He's watching over me, I know.
Why do I only talk with Him
when I've no where else to go?

Fellowship isn't just believing.
It means allowing Him into my heart.
The light of my salvation
leaves nothing hidden in the dark.

Father, do not let me continue
hiding what I think you cannot see.
For it is because you love me
That you came to set me free.

"Child come out of the darkness.
Take my hand and follow me."
No matter what is in the shadows,
forgiveness and love is what I see.

"Rely upon my love," He says.
"Trust that I have it all in hand."
Do I believe Him? Do I trust Him?
Is He as shifting as the sand?

Are the words He's spoken
lies ... or in faith can I truly live
FULLY RELIANT ON GOD
for it is the only way to Him

- Misty Taggart

MajestyJo 07-13-2014 02:50 AM

Quote:

Unhealthy boundaries about what we allow ourselves to receive from others will not lead to healthy relationships with others or ourselves.

Melody Beattie
Found a link that about a book I think I should see if I can order from the library.

search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?r=1&ISBN=9780310247456&ourl=Bounda ries%2FHenry%2DCloud

Posted in 2009, should check the library and see if it is still around.

I think I felt that if my son was working there was still hope. Yesterday I took some steps to make changes in my life. I have to give myself permission to make healthy choices for me.

Heard from my son. He made the decision to take the week off and contacted his employer. He said he was okay. I don't think we are on the same page about that, but it is okay.

MajestyJo 07-15-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Night Light

Without prayer, I should have been a lunatic long ago.
-Mahatma Gandhi

How can we make our prayers more satisfying and fulfilling? One of the best ways is to see and hear ourselves as we pray, as if we were getting a bird's-eye view of what we look like and how we sound when we pray.

Seeing from above in this objective way gives a good overview of the strength and the meaning of our prayers. Are we whining and fidgeting as we pray? Maybe we aren't really praying but instead are asking to get our way. Do we sound angry, with fISts clenched? Maybe we need to work on letting go first before we pray.

This is how our Higher Power sees and hears us. Our Higher Power know which prayers are serious, meaningful conversations and which are fuled with self-pity, resentment, and anger. Tonight we can hear ourselves pray and learn whether we are truly praying or merely taking time for self-centered feelings.

Before I pray tonight, let me run through the things I want to say. Help me keep self-centered feelings at a minimum and true sharing and communication at a maximum.
This is a spiritual program. Pray to the God of your understanding. If you don't understand God, go on a spiritual quest and He/She/It will be revealed.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-dogs/0195.gif

MajestyJo 07-22-2014 01:10 AM

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-240x320-love/0432.gif

Faith isn't anything you can see;
It isn't anything you can touch.
But you can feel it in your heart.
Faith is what keeps you trying
When others would have given up.
It keeps you believing in
The goodness of others
And helps you find it.

Faith is trusting in a power
Greater than yourself
And knowing that whatever happens,
This power will carry you through anything.
It is believing in yourself
And having courage
To stand up for what you believe in.

Faith is
Peace in the midst of a storm,
Determination in the midst
Of adversity,
And safety in the midst of trouble.
For nothing can touch a soul
That is protected by faith.

- Author Unknown

MajestyJo 07-27-2014 03:35 AM

Quote:

RIGHT ACTIONS

Samuel Thadeus Short

“By learning to contact, listen to, and act upon intuition, we can directly connect to the highest power of the universe and allow it to become our guiding force,” — Shakti Gawain

Right now in the silence of this moment let us be filled with wonderful healing light — as it moves into every cell and atom of our body —— we will be renewed and regenerated in body, mind and soul. We become inspired from within, and guided into perfect right action. We are in effect moving into Oneness with Spirit, or in tune with the vibrations of the universe.

In this way God is our source and supply for everything, actually our constant companion. As we move closer into this Divine relationship we become more whole, more complete and more perfect which is always our nature in the spiritual realm. As a result we think right thoughts received from inner direction which produce right actions in our life and affairs.

The Antesian Road To Enlightenment

antesianroadtoenlightenment-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

EXPANDING CONSCIOUSNESS

THOUGHT FOR TODAY: From another site in 2011,

This is a beautiful concept of what Step Eleven means to me. It doesn't matter what you believe in. When I realized that my Higher Power was a Source rather than a person (Holy Spirit), I was able to 1) Have more trust, 2) Learn to be open more to it, and 3) I became more willing to receive the gift of enlightenment.

Like all things in this program, it takes practice, practice, practice; but more importantly it is daily, and often in the moment. I can make that contact at any given time or place, no matter what is going on in my life.

This is a spiritual program and I had to learn to differentiate the two. I couldn't share and discount others and their beliefs.

MajestyJo 07-28-2014 03:48 AM

Quote:

Ten Guidelines From God

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/birds-bald-eagles/0049.gif

Effective immediately,
please be aware that there are changes you need
to make in your life. These changes need to be
completed in order that I may fulfill My promises
to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in
this life. I apologize for any inconvenience,
but after all that I am doing, this seems very
little to ask of you. Please,follow
these 10 guidelines

1. QUIT WORRYING:
Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit
and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here
to take all your burdens and carry them for you?
Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little
thing that comes your way?

2. PUT IT ON THE LIST:

Something needs done or taken care of. Put it
on the list. No, not your list. Put it on My
to-do-list. Let Me be the one to take care
of the problem. I can't help you until you turn
it over to Me. And although My to-do-list
is long, I am after all... God. I can take care
of anything you put into My hands. In fact,
if the truth were ever really known, I take
care of a lot of things for you that you never
even realize.

3. TRUST ME:

Once you've given your burdens to Me,
quit trying to take them back. Trust in
Me. Have the faith that I will take care of
all your needs, your problems and your trials.
Problems with the kids? Put them on My list.
Problem with finances? Put it on My list.
Problems with your emotional roller coaster?
For My sake, put it on My list. I want to
help you. All you have to do is ask.

4. LEAVE IT ALONE:

Don't wake up one morning and say,
"Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think
I can handle it from here." Why do you think
you are feeling stronger now? It's simple.
You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking
care of them. I also renew your strength
and cover you in my peace. Don't you
know that if I give you these problems back,
you will be right back where you started?
Leave them with Me and forget about
them. Just let Me do my job.

5. TALK TO ME:

I want you to forget a lot of things.
Forget what was making you crazy.
Forget the worry and the fretting because
you know I'm in control. But there's one
thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't
forget to talk to Me - often I love you!
I want to hear your voice. I want you to
include Me in on the things going on in your life.
I want to hear you talk about your friends
and family. Prayer is simply you having
a conversation with Me. I want to be your
dearest friend.

6. HAVE FAITH:

I see a lot of things from up here that you
can't see from where you are. Have faith in
Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me;
you wouldn't want the view from My eyes.
I will continue to care for you, watch over you,
and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me.
Although I have a much bigger task than you,
it seems as if you have so much trouble just
doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?

7. SHARE:

You were taught to share when you were
only two years old. When did you forget?
That rule still applies. Share with those who are
less fortunate than you. Share your joy with
those who need encouragement. Share your
laughter with those who haven't heard any in
such a long time. Share your tears with those
who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith
with those who have none.

8. BE PATIENT:

I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime
you could have so many diverse experiences.
You grow from a child to an adult, have children,
change jobs many times, learn many trades,
travel to so many places, meet thousands
of people, and experience so much. How can
you be so impatient then when it takes Me
a little longer than you expect to handle
something on My to-do-list? Trust in My
timing, for My timing is perfect. Just
because I created the entire universe in
only six days, everyone thinks I should
always rush, rush, rush.

9. BE KIND:

Be kind to others, for I love them just
as much as I love you. They may not dress
like you, or talk like you, or live the same way
you do, but I still love you all. Please try
to get along, for My sake. I created each
of you different in some way. It would be
too boring if you were all identical.
Please, know I love each of your differences.

10. LOVE YOURSELF:

As much as I love you, how can you not
love yourself? You were created by me for
one reason only -- to be loved, and to love
in return. I am a God of Love. Love Me.
Love your neighbors. But also love yourself.
It makes My heart ache when I see you
so angry with yourself when things go
wrong. You are very precious to me.
Don't ever forget......

A rerun but worth a re-read.

MajestyJo 08-01-2014 08:53 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...QtCrAO465vHN0K

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...XmF7U3dc7assKA

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...gWjntaSvTSE_F7

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...0RSUuldIqzO0B6

Affirm yourself, you are worthy of recovery. You are not your disease. You are a child of God. As I was told in early days of recovery, "God doesn't make no junk!"

MajestyJo 08-07-2014 12:45 PM

Why Think Positive?

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/insects-bees/0105.gif

When things go wrong, remember:

It's not WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU that matters most.
It's how YOU THINK ABOUT what happens to you .

Example:

Let's say that you are at the airport, waiting to catch a flight, and the airline tells you, "Sorry! Mechanical trouble. You won't be leaving for three hours!"

You get very angry. You tell yourself: "This is terrible! This is a disaster!"

While you remain stressed, things will get worse!
People will trip over you, spill coffee in your lap and lose your baggage.

When you fight life, life always wins!

Then finally you cool down.

You tell yourself: "There's nothing I can do about it. I am probably where I am meant to be. I'll make the most of it."

Suddenly, everything changes!

From nowhere an old friend appears, or you make a new friend, or you stumble on a fresh opportunity - and life begins to support you.

Once we change our thoughts about "a bad situation",
we can take advantage of it.

You already know this!

Life's great opportunities mostly arrive disguised as misfortune and disaster.

Example:

Imagine two women, Mary and Jane.

Both get divorced.

Mary says, "I've failed. My life is over."

Jane says, "My life has just begun!"

Who will blossom?

In a nutshell:

Every "disaster" in your life is not so much a disaster, as a situation waiting for you to change your mind about it.

MajestyJo 08-21-2014 09:43 PM

MajestyJo 08-23-2014 01:40 AM

MountainWings A MountainWings Moment #2066 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------

Hurt
=====

Dear MountainWings,

This story changed my life and I thought maybe it could change
others too, so I'm sharing it with you.

This story was told to me by my sister, whom it happened to.

She was really upset because she hadn't seen or spoken to her best friend Jim in a couple of weeks. Finally he shows up at her door and commands her to get dressed and go riding with him. So she finally does.

As they were riding, they passed a garden full of flowers.

Jim says "Do you see those flowers?"

"Yes," she says.

"Do you think that when someone steps on those flowers that they lie there and feel sorry for themselves?" Jim asks.

"No."

"No, they immediately start to mend their wounds so they can
heal, and grow strong and healthy!"

They ride a little further and Jim points up in a tree,
"You see those squirrels up there?

Do you think that when people shoot at them they go hide
forever?"

"No," she says.

About that time the ocean comes into sight.

Jim says "You see that ocean out there?

Do you think that when there's a hurricane out there that the
ocean doesn't go back out because it's afraid to face the
storm?"

"No," she says.

"Then, why have you stopped living because you have been hurt?"

That story really hit me like a ton of bricks!
The worst part was the fact that Jim died a short time later.
And that's when she realized how much precious time she wasted.

Why have you stopped living because you have been hurt?

~A MountainWings Original~

MajestyJo 08-28-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Worthy Thoughts

- Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.

- You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.

- Love... and you shall be loved.

- God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.

- All people smile in the same language.

- A hug is a great gift, one size fits all. It can be given for any occasion and it's easy to exchange.

- Everyone needs to be loved, especially when they do not deserve it.

- The real measure of a man's wealth is what he has invested in eternity.

- Laughter is God's sunshine.

- Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it.

- It's important for parents to live the same things they teach.

- Thank God for what you have, TRUST GOD for what you need.

- If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.

- Happy memories never wear out... Relive them as often as you want.

- Home is the place where we grumble the most, but are often treated the best.

- Man looks at outward appearance but the Lord looks within.

- The choice you make today will usually affect tomorrow.

- Take time to laugh for it is the music of the soul.

- If anyone speaks badly of you, live so none will believe it.

- Patience is the ability to idle your motor, when you feel like stripping your gears.

- Love is strengthened by working through conflicts together.

- The best thing parents can do for their children is to love each other.

- Harsh words break no bones but they do break hearts.

- To get out of a difficulty, one usually must go through it.

- We take for granted the things that we should be giving thanks for.

- Love is the only thing that can be divided, without being diminished.

- Happiness is enhanced by others but does not depend upon others.

- You are richer today if you have laughed, given or forgiven.

- For every minute you are angry with someone, you lose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get back.

- Do what you can, for who you can, with what you have, and where you are.

"The Mind is like a Parachute, it Doesn't work properly unless FULLY OPEN"

- source unknown, could have been here! :)

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time.

You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.

So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, Be afraid that it will never begin.

~anonymous~

MajestyJo 09-03-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

The Problem or The Laundry List

The problem: We seem to have several characteristics
in common as a result of having been brought up in a
dysfunctional family system.
We became isolated and afraid of people and authority figures.

We became approval seekers and lost our identity
in the process.

We are frightened by angry people and any
personal criticism.

We either become alcoholics, marry them or both,
or find another compulsive personality such as a
workaholic to fulfill our abandonment needs.

We live life from the viewpoint of victims and are
attracted by that weakness in our love, friendships,
and career relationships.

We have and overdeveloped sense of responsibility
and it is easier for us to be concerned with others
rather than ourselves; this enables us not to look too
closely at our faults or our responsibility to ourselves.

We get guilt feeling when we stand up for ourselves
and instead give in to others.

We become addicted to excitement.

We confuse love and pity and tend to "love" people
we can "pity" and rescue.

We have stuffed our feelings from our traumatic
childhoods and have lost the ability to feel or express
our feelings because it hurts so much. This includes
our good feelings such as joy and happiness. Our
being out of touch with our feelings is one of our
basic denials.

We judge ourselves harshly and have a very low
sense of self-esteem.

We are dependent personalities who are terrified
of abandonment and will do anything to hold on to a
relationship in order not to experience painful
abandonment feelings. We received this from living
with sick people who were never there emotionally
for us.

Alcoholism is a family disease and we took on the
characteristics of that disease even though we did
not pick up the drink.

We became reactors rather than actors.

Adult children of alcoholics guess at what normal is.

We have difficulty having fun.

We take ourselves too seriously.

We have difficulty with intimate relationships.

We constantly seek approval and affirmation.

We usually feel different from other people.

We are either super responsible or super
irresponsible.

We are extremely loyal even in the face of
evidence that the loyalty is undeserved.

We tend to lock ourselves into a course of action
without giving serious consideration to alternative
behavior or possible consequences. This impulsivity
leads to confusion, self-loathing, and loss of control
over our environment. As a result, more energy is
spent cleaning up the mess than would have been
spent had the alternatives and consequences been
examined in the first place.

We think we have more problems with sexuality
than the general population.

We tend to look for immediate as opposed to
deferred gratification.

We are overly sensitive.

THIS IS A DESCRIPTION, NOT AN INDICTMENT!
Source: Tony A. authored the original Laundry List.
It later was adopted as "The Problem" (c) 1984 by the ACA World Service Organization in Torrance California. The above is an expanded version, origin unknown.

Think this is posted elsewhere, but always good to be reminded.

MajestyJo 09-03-2014 08:00 PM

Styles of Distorted Thinking
Filtering: You take the negative details and magnify them while filtering out all positive aspects of the situation.

Polarized Thinking: Things are black or white, good or bad. You have to be perfect or you are a failure. There is no middle ground.

Over Generalization: You come to a general conclusion based on a single incident or other piece of evidence. If something bad happens once, you expect it to happen over and over again.

Mind Reading: Without their saying so, you know what people are feeling and why they act the way they do. In particular, you are able to tell how people are feeling about you.

Catastrophizing: You expect a disaster. You notice or hear about a problem and start, "What if's?" What if a tragedy strikes? What if it happens to you?

Personalization: You think everything people do or say is some kind of a reaction to you. You also compare yourself to others, trying to determine who's smarter, better looking, etc.

Control Fallacies: You feel externally controlled, you see yourself as helpless, a victim of fate. The fallacy of internal control makes you feel responsible for the pain or happiness of everyone around you.

Fallacy of Fairness: You feel resentful because you think you know what's fair but are sure that other people won't agree with you.

Blaming: You hold others responsible for your pain, or else you blame yourself for every problem or reversal.

Shoulds: You have a list of ironclad rules about how you and other people should act or feel. People who break these rules anger you and you feel guilty if you violate them yourself.

Emotional Reasoning: You believe that what you feel must be true automatically. If you feel stupid or boring, then you must be stupid or boring.

Fallacy of Change: You expect that others will change to suit you if you just pressure or cajole them enough. You need to change people because your hopes and happiness seems to depend on them.

Global Labeling: You generalize one or two qualities into a negative judgment. When you make a mistake, instead of describing your error, you say: "I'm a loser." If someone irritates you, you label them, "He's a louse."

Being Right: You are continually on trial to prove your opinions and actions are correct.

Heaven's Reward: You expect all of your sacrifices and self-denial to pay off, as if there were someone keeping score.

by Adult Children Anonymous