Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12098)

bluidkiti 10-01-2017 07:05 AM

Bible Verses - October

October 1

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

"Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually." 1 Chronicles 16:11

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer...Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:12,15

... let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. - Hebrews 12:1

Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere. Mark 16:15

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

bluidkiti 10-02-2017 05:32 AM

October 2

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:36

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Psalm 31:1–2

Hebrews 12:15 (MSG) Keep a sharp eye out for weeds of bitter discontent. A thistle or two gone to seed can ruin a whole garden in no time.

Thought: That garden is your life. Guard your heart. Learn to let things go.

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. - James 1:19

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. – Mark 11:24

My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. —Psalm 34:2

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. — Hebrews 10:23

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

bluidkiti 10-03-2017 04:57 AM

October 3

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:" Isaiah 55:6

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29

Colossians 4:2 (CEB) Keep on praying and guard your prayers with thanksgiving.

Thought: It can be hard to pray when things don't go your way. But that's precisely the time to press through in prayer, asking God to accomplish His plan for you.

Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. —Psalm 34:3

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. — Proverbs 12:18

bluidkiti 10-04-2017 04:59 AM

October 4

“Don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time” (Galatians 6:9)

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. —Psalm 34:4

"And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you." John 16:23

bluidkiti 10-05-2017 06:09 AM

October 5

“We must obey God rather than men!” (Acts 5:29, NIV)

Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. Psalm 82:3-4

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

"Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing." Psalms 100:2

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33

Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength” (Isaiah 40:30-31).

1 John 4:11-16
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

bluidkiti 10-06-2017 05:17 AM

October 6

Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:4

Some trust in chariots and some trust in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7

Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them. John 17:25–26

Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act... - Psalm 37:7

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. – Colossians 1:13-14

This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. —Psalm 34:6

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

bluidkiti 10-07-2017 06:01 AM

October 7

“Never get tired of doing good” (2 Thessalonians 3:13).

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Psalms 23:6

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143:10

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me – just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – and I lay down my life for the sheep. John 10:14–15

People need more than bread for their life; they must feed on every word of God. Matthew 4:4

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. – Philippians 2:5-7

bluidkiti 10-08-2017 05:24 AM

October 8

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:26

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. Ephesians 2:4-5

...Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. - Ephesians 4:29

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. – Ephesians 4:4-6

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. —Psalm 34:8

Romans 14:17-19 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval. 19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

bluidkiti 10-09-2017 05:19 AM

October 9

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

"Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies." Psalms 27:11

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment." Matthew 22:37-38 (NIV)

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. — Psalm 118:8

bluidkiti 10-10-2017 07:10 AM

October 10

Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Corinthians 6:20

Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. John 14:21

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. Psalm 34:10

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. — Colossians 3:16

1 Peter 4:10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

bluidkiti 10-11-2017 05:24 AM

October 11

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance” (James 1:2-3 NIV)

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

"Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name." Psalms 86:11

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3– 4

“For when two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” (Matthew 18:20)

bluidkiti 10-12-2017 04:30 AM

October 12

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15

Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; He can do only what He sees His Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does." John 5:19 (NIV)

Thought: Don't know what to do? Do what Jesus did!

Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. — Matthew 5:37

bluidkiti 10-13-2017 06:50 AM

October 13

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

“Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” Psalm 55:22

Trust in the Lord and do good” (Psalm 37:3, NIV).

When the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. —Psalm 34:14

Today’s Scripture: James 3:2-5 (NLT): Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.

We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.

But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.

Today’s Thought: The tongue is so small but yet a very powerful body part. We must try to use it to build each other up instead of tear each other apart.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that only wholesome words come out of my mouth today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Romans 16:17-20
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.
20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

bluidkiti 10-14-2017 05:21 AM

October 14

Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:2

1 John 4:21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. - Romans 5:3

“All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, ‘God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble’” (1 Peter 5:5, NIV).

The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry... —Psalm 34:15

2 Samuel 22:29 You, LORD, are my lamp; the LORD turns my darkness into light.

bluidkiti 10-15-2017 05:58 AM

October 15

Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

"The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry." Psalms 34:15

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. John 7:38

We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

“All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, ‘God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble’” (1 Peter 5:5, NIV).

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. — James 1:27